SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

You can dig slots (8 max) in greenhouse and start to fertilize the soil.

F*** yes! We can finally use the greenhouses :D This is something I've heard many, many people request since the debut of the Standalone alpha.

One of the things I'm really liking so far is the lack of intense brightness of your character's appearance in the Inventory screen. Items, too, seem to have a much more dull and less shiny hue to them. 

It appears they made lots of changes with that in this build -- for the better, if you ask me.

Probably that's the only place/building you can do this so far but I haven't tested better. I'm not sure what should I do now or are there seeds in the game? I tried with a eatable tomato because tomato plant was mentioned in the dev blog but it didn't do anything.

There should be seeds in the game now, as I understand it. Maybe not? Seems silly to give us all the tools necessary except seeds :p

Finally, you can repair Vests with Duct Tape. It took the tape from 100% down to 95% and it said that you've "reinforced" the Vest with the Duct Tape. It stayed Damaged, though.

Did you try dragging it off your person and then putting it back on? In 0.49 and 0.50 I have a lot of issues with pieces of clothing in my inventory not getting "refreshed" until I drop them and pick them back up. In other words, it got repaired, it just isn't showing that it did.

Is everyone getting extremely cold fast in game? Like to the point of dying even when fully clothed?

• Like 1

Is everyone getting extremely cold fast in game? Like to the point of dying even when fully clothed?

Uh oh. This is supposed to be August weather according to Eugen.

Underground areas in the new military base.

1qW5Kzb.jpg2CXyazZ.jpg

• Like 9

Below-ground areas in the new military base.

Whaaaaaaaaattttt. This update is blowing my mind today.

***insert Tim & Eric Show mind blown .gif***

Nope.

I locked a door but I can't open it :D

/oh the pick got ruined instantly...

Edited by St. Jimmy

Nope.

I locked a door but I can't open it :D

/oh the pick got ruined instantly...

Did you lock it from the inside?

Finally, you can repair Vests with Duct Tape. It took the tape from 100% down to 95% and it said that you've "reinforced" the Vest with the Duct Tape. It stayed Damaged, though.

KRtwQ5Q.jpg?1

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

• Like 1

It seems duct tape can be used to repair/reinforce just about everything, though I'm not sure if it has an actual effect yet.

• Like 2

It seems duct tape can be used to repair/reinforce just about everything, though I'm not sure if it has an actual effect yet.

I tried to use it on my backpack. Used it fully at once and condition didn't change even if I dropped it and tok it back but there was a message that it could need some more repairing.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Played for ~3h. For me, no ctd, the game run smooth but in cities I think I have bigger fps drops than before.

Sledgehammer works fine, 1 hit to head and the zed is dead.

And a big thanks to the community for posting screens and infos :beans: Helps a lot.

Now I know how to start my farm :) 
I think I will go to the new mil base now. I want to see the underground area :D

Very nice patch up to this point!

Uh oh. This is supposed to be August weather according to Eugen.

Yeah its happened to me on at least 2 servers than i finally got to one without rain and everything is fine.

Holy Crap on a stick! Gawd I wish I could play some more... Does anyone know more about lock picks? Do they always get ruined? Can you use screwdrivers?

Dev Team, Thank you so much! This is amazing! I know I've recently been complaining a lot, but I should really learn that in the end, you always come through for us in one way or another.

Thank goodness there's a fix for all my broken cans of spraypaint. 

C9kT61W.jpg?1

• Like 2

I'm having issues trying to play the new Exp patch. I can only join a single server on Experimental, all the others say I have a bad version. Also, when in this server, I can't open doors, my fps goes to shit, and it is near unplayable. Anyone else experiencing this, and is their a solution to this?

I'm having issues trying to play the new Exp patch. I can only join a single server on Experimental, all the others say I have a bad version. Also, when in this server, I can't open doors, my fps goes to shit, and it is near unplayable. Anyone else experiencing this, and is their a solution to this?

Uhm, did you update your game to Experimental? A stable client won't work of course....

Uhm, did you update your game to Experimental? A stable client won't work of course....

Yeah, I updated it, and was freaking out while I did xD I also made sure the build number matched those of the servers, and indeed it did.

Verify your game files from the Steam just in case if you really are in Experimental branch.

Verify your game files from the Steam just in case if you really are in Experimental branch.

Alright, I was thinking that might do the trick, but wanted to see if their was another solution. Will try, un momento :P

Edit: Two files were messed up or whatever, re-downloading xD Hope this works

Edit2: It works now :D Thanks :)

Edited by Stryker7x

Holy Crap on a stick! Gawd I wish I could play some more... Does anyone know more about lock picks? Do they always get ruined? Can you use screwdrivers?

Dev Team, Thank you so much! This is amazing! I know I've recently been complaining a lot, but I should really learn that in the end, you always come through for us in one way or another.

Regarding the lock picking, have a look at this :)

• Like 4

0.50=

giphy.gif

Also: Finally my dear sledgehammer and the Rossi are getting ingame. Now the only question on my mind is: Is it any good?

Also I heared rumors about sledgehammers that can force doors open. Can anyone confirm that?

Edit: Just got the information I needed from the video above

Edited by basinox