SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

We invest our time and money to help further development of this game, we're investors. You can muddy the waters all you want, but at it's most basic form, we invest in this product. For shits and giggles though, lets remove all that from the table and at the end of the day we still have a company that is damaging it's reputation when they continue to release less than playable builds to the public. Is that the kind of pride you would take in your work?

You win the "stupidest of the class" award for this month.

The one for being half illiterate, too.

Can't wait til that one actually goes online. Yesterday it was hilarious, for about two hours straight I watched Bambis spawn, meet, fight each other and the Zeds, it was some really cool show! Better than TV. I just sat there on my rock laughing my butt off. Since it's pretty much almost always coastal spawns, I'm thinking of getting in the mix and knocking someone's noggin just for the hell of it.  :D

I'm about to watch the show again, although I'm all out of Popcorn, I think I'll just have some Bacon from the concession stand.

Edited by Demonica

Check the small office building/bus depot/train station in the NW, close to Lopatino.  There is always a static police car up there.  Seems to be one in the shed behind the police station in Sevrograd too.

Careful now. Even though you're just trying to be helpful, this could be taken the wrong way. I had posts deleted a week or two ago regarding the discussion of these two particular police cars, presumably because I was discussing "exploits" in the game  :rolleyes:

70people server is visible in the list, amazing...

I haven't seen anyone in those yet (always seem to be down...) but it should be interesting when it's finally playable, if they can get it full that is.

Has anyone noticed the time accelerated server ? It's a third person server and I'll show a picture of it in the list when I get back home but I'm wondering what's up with this ? I loved the time accelerated servers because you can play for 6 hours and see a full day :) .

• Like 1

Careful now. Even though you're just trying to be helpful, this could be taken the wrong way. I had posts deleted a week or two ago regarding the discussion of these two particular police cars, presumably because I was discussing "exploits" in the game  :rolleyes:

That would be a little crazy since I was responding to a dev claiming that said cars do not exist, when, in fact, they certainly do.  No exploit here, just something that got overlooked I am sure.

How is that considered an exploit? It's sitting in a garage, above ground, behind a police station, right where it should be. The Sevrograd police car is an exploit?

Uhm... German Server DE-04 seems to be the last one standing. For me with a horrible Ping of 304. How is it for everybunny else?

Edited by Demonica

How is that considered an exploit? It's sitting in a garage, above ground, behind a police station, right where it should be. The Sevrograd police car is an exploit?

Notice how I put quotes around the word "exploit"? :P I would never regard it as such, but I did have posts deleted (and so did someone else) and I was given that as the reason.

That would be a little crazy since I was responding to a dev claiming that said cars do not exist, when, in fact, they certainly do.  No exploit here, just something that got overlooked I am sure.

It would be a little crazy, wouldn't it? But it happened ;)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

Uhm... German Server DE-04 seems to be the last one standing. For me with a horrible Ping of 304. How is it for everybunny else?

They were nearly all working a moment ago and then suddenly, nothing. Maybe something is brewing.

They were nearly all working a moment ago and then suddenly, nothing. Maybe something is brewing.

Maybe you were right, some of them seem to have been restarted. Yay!

Edited by Demonica

Notice how I put quotes around the word "exploit"? :P I would never regard it as such, but I did have posts deleted (and so did someone else) and I was given that as the reason.

I have just been looking through your posting history, and the only hidden posts I found was some memespam and a reply to a guy who posted a video on how to dupe items.

If you have a problem with either of these decisions, you take them to the forum administrator. Don't post it here.

• Like 1

I have just been looking through your posting history, and the only hidden posts I found was some memespam and a reply to a guy who posted a video on how to dupe items.

If you have a problem with either of these decisions, you take them to the forum administrator. Don't post it here.

That's not even remotely what I'm referring to. I'm not calling anyone out, either... just cautioning a fellow player about what they're saying so that they aren't punished as well.

Can't wait til that one actually goes online. Yesterday it was hilarious, for about two hours straight I watched Bambis spawn, meet, fight each other and the Zeds, it was some really cool show! Better than TV. I just sat there on my rock laughing my butt off. Since it's pretty much almost always coastal spawns, I'm thinking of getting in the mix and knocking someone's noggin just for the hell of it.  :D

I'm about to watch the show again, although I'm all out of Popcorn, I think I'll just have some Bacon from the concession stand.

Were watching over Electro?

Close enough ;)  I was just hiding behind some rocks on the coast, then moved to a tree by Kamy. It's a nice area to just hang out, have a Kvass and it's not too risky as far as being spotted goes. My secret widdle hiding space :P

Well, back to Spawn TV, this time we have a special: Player vs. Player vs. Player vs. 2 Zeds :thumbsup:

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I didn't mean to say that YOU think it is an exploit. I was simply wondering if it was explained to you why they thought it was an exploit. My apologies. 

• Like 1

Can someone confirm my personal experience that the experimental version is noticeably worse framerate-wise in towns and crashes a lot. My game crashed couple of times in 1-2 hours of gameplay. So did my buddy's game.

• Like 2

And persistence seems to be not working as well. It looks like what ever you leave somewhere, it despawns after server restart. Grr.

FPS goes down as soon as I hit a midsize town, it can get pretty bad in the real big towns. Ping hasn't ever looked so bad (over 300 on Servers that normally have like 250).

Edited by Demonica

Shouldn't be any static police cars placed anymore.

I can confirm that there's still this one, static, always been there, in the parking lot of the office, in "terminus".  http://dayzdb.com/map#7.019.047

Just came back from experimental (notice the lever action rifle on my shoulder) and it's still there.

az6qg9.jpg

• Like 6

That location is on my "places to visit list" running up and down the NW to SW corridor.  The spawn items however, for the longest time on that particular car, seemed to have changed in the last two major builds.  It could be coincidence I suppose, but it's been a while since I've found anything significant there.

I can confirm that there's still this one, static, always been there, in the parking lot of the office, in "terminus".  http://dayzdb.com/map#7.019.047

Just came back from experimental (notice the lever action rifle on my shoulder) and it's still there.

az6qg9.jpg

And persistence seems to be not working as well. It looks like what ever you leave somewhere, it despawns after server restart. Grr.

FPS goes down as soon as I hit a midsize town, it can get pretty bad in the real big towns. Ping hasn't ever looked so bad (over 300 on Servers that normally have like 250).

Weird, the one time I accidentally tested it today, the server reset while I was trying to make a fire, when the server came back my log and kit were still there.

I finally get a chance to play some 0.50 while the servers are up, and of course my internet access would cut out :|

• Like 1

Today I could try the new rabbit snare. And I like it very much.
Its a whole new way for surviving. I hope (and I know) they will add more and new ways like this to live off the land.
This is DayZ for me  :)  thx devs :beans:

Impressions

m2j6orc8.jpg

fnyef9hx.jpg

• Like 6

That location is on my "places to visit list" running up and down the NW to SW corridor.  The spawn items however, for the longest time on that particular car, seemed to have changed in the last two major builds.  It could be coincidence I suppose, but it's been a while since I've found anything significant there.

Yes in enjoy this static spawn i really hope they do not remove it.

I was finally able to get some play time in this evening. I really wanted to test out the rabbit snare for myself, but in 2.5 hours of playing, searching 4 different towns in the center of the map, I was unable to find any rope :/