SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.50 Discussion

And really unstable.  SE 0-5 was crashing every five minutes for about 3 hours this afternoon.  Looking over the list it appears most are down and out right now.  Perhaps it was a good thing this patch was not pushed to stable after all.

Loot spawning also nonexistent/bugged, died of starvation having lived off apple trees, the odd zuchinni, a can of tac bacon and berries, I got from elektro to mogilevka, ever heard of someone dying of starvation over a period of 90 minutes?

The animation is laughable. The forearms are too long. It's monkey-like. 

It's like when they were doing the mocap they put the dots on the model's hands but when they modelled it they took the dots as being on the model's wrists. Hence the overlong forearm neanderthal monkey animation.

SKS anyone?

1zy78dg.jpg

The biggest problem with experimental isn't people stupidly complaining that things are broken but those that stupidly insist every thing is working fine imho.

• Like 1

SKS anyone?

Yeah, we all know that there are some areas where loot seems to stock pile up and then there are entire regions with almost nothing at all.  This is the main reason I am glad persistence is not enforced on stable servers.  Loot respawn is clearly not working correctly and even the persistent part is hit or miss.  Hopefully these are issues they can address soon because I can tell you unless you hit one of those loot piles, things can get rough out there.

Yeah, we all know that there are some areas where loot seems to stock pile up and then there are entire regions with almost nothing at all. 

pretty much what u could expect from a real world apocalypse

• Like 1

lol so many posts on crap you knew weeks ago... OK LOOT IS BUGGED... GOOD OR BAD...OMFG... srsly do u guys need to place post after post...

DAYZ EXP DISCUSSION....

on dayz tv I saw a screen shot of the new inventory system...

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-new-inventory-concept-by-devs-modular-organizable-by-players-dayz-standalone/

if you look closely... u will see the character on the right.... HAVE A LOOK UNDERNEATH...

2 hands...

interesting...

also there are posts from the devs about the loot... was a week or 2 ago they addressed it.. old news... not exp talk peeps!

Edited by Renigade
  • Like 1

The animation is laughable. The forearms are too long. It's monkey-like. 

It's like when they were doing the mocap they put the dots on the model's hands but when they modelled it they took the dots as being on the model's wrists. Hence the overlong forearm neanderthal monkey animation.

Overly long arms were something present in the mod as well.

There were reasons given for this that stemmed from the Arma 2 engine and maybe weapon stances or camera perspectives, I don't remember the whole story there....

I thought this was something that was not brought over to the SA.

Easy there, fanboys. Banning people that have different opinions than you won't solve a thing.

No client crashes. Server crashes happen regularly. At least you can get back almost instantly.

I was getting the message "Failed to load a character" every single time. Once I ended up with new character, other times I got my old one, despite the message.

Random sounds are worse than ever before.

You can't pick up some items from the ground, even after relog. You can interact with those items though, it seems to be very weird. I had a shovel on my back and found an axe. I was able to take the axe into hands but not replace the shovel with it.

Persistence and loot spawning are just, uh, horrible. Unless you clear the spawns after initial spawn of items you're fcked. Barracks, military camps, bases just have the random crap that other people left there. Improvised backpacks, school backpacks etc. No military gear. I'm expecting that server hoppers might have something to do with it.

Zombies still with eagle eyes but deaf.

Drink all doesn't work. Character goes into long drinking animation then nothing happens and you have to "cancel action". Regular drinking is fine. Eat all works fine aswell.

so is the loot respawn still fucked up or was there a small update? kinda lame i was in Dolina Police Station and loot everywhere, i needed to jump over Loot Piles to get into rooms.

i guess its because persistence and loot respawn, i noticed its mostly in areas that people visit a loot.

No client crashes. Server crashes happen regularly. At least you can get back almost instantly

It's the opposite for me: no server crashes (mainly I play on UK and DE ones), lots of client crashes. And considering the amount of euro players in experimental, that means waiting 10+ minutes in order to find a spot in a server after every crash.

I was getting the message "Failed to load a character" every single time. Once I ended up with new character, other times I got my old one, despite the message

It's the same for me: I have always that message, but every time my character is loaded correctly.

Random sounds are worse than ever before

I don't know if it's related, but in woods often I keep hearing the TWING of an arrow passing nearby. Either I'm stalked by killer archers in every server I log in or something is wrong. Random sounds of people eating, drinking, treading on leaves/branches and such is still present and it's a hell of an immersion breaker. Seriously, sometimes you can't tell if someone is upstairs eating or if it's just the game producing random sounds.

Fixing it should be really easy. I mean, if those sounds are simply placeholders for other ones, is it so difficult using for placeholder sounds NOT important for spatial awareness? Record a dog barking and use it instead of using player or infected made sounds.

You can't pick up some items from the ground, even after relog. You can interact with those items though, it seems to be very weird. I had a shovel on my back and found an axe. I was able to take the axe into hands but not replace the shovel with it

Never happened on my gaming sessions. There's a great amount of loot not properly interacting with ground and buildings: lots of stuff that spawns belond ground or, when dropped at first floor, falls to ground level through the building.

Persistence and loot spawning are just, uh, horrible. Unless you clear the spawns after initial spawn of items you're fcked. Barracks, military camps, bases just have the random crap that other people left there. Improvised backpacks, school backpacks etc. No military gear. I'm expecting that server hoppers might have something to do with it

Loot spawning need a major overhaul, but starter zones shouldn't be used as evidence of problems...way too many people stick to those areas even when they have a decent amount of gear.

Zombies still with eagle eyes but deaf

Deaf only to player sounds - I've found that infected' snarls and fight sounds attract more infected. Eagle eyes...no, not really. In the open if you're visible (bright colours, standing up and moving quickly) yes, but cover works. I was able to screen my approach to an heavily infested area with subdued colours and brushes, trees and ground elevation blocking their line of sight.

Edited by DocWolf

Have seen large amounts of loot in certain areas, so much that it is hard to navigate a room or halway without getting stuck in the knee deep bags, clothing and other items. Loot farming is also still far too easy. From a new spawn to fully geared and healthy takes about twenty five minutes.

• Like 2

@ DocWolf

Never experienced the arrow sound myself. Usually it's just: can opening, sorting ammo and eating.

I've had multiple ancounters where a zed ~100m away would just aggro on me. Sometimes further away. Crouching doesn't seem to make any difference. On the other hand zed is facing away from you it's perfectly doable to sprint towards him and he will start turning towards you when you're in the mid-swing with melee weapon. Even if you sprint on the noisy road.

The biggest problem with experimental isn't people stupidly complaining that things are broken but those that stupidly insist every thing is working fine imho.

I haven't come across many if any people claiming things are working fine, the problem is people who just continually whine about things that have already been discussed to death.

Easy there, fanboys. Banning people that have different opinions than you won't solve a thing.

I'm not saying ban everyone with a different opinion, I agree that different opinions are needed to create a discussion. However when people start ranting about issues in an non-constructive manner just to inflame the forum then they need dealing with.

• Like 3

Pump-action shotgun sucks.

Empited six rounds on a dude wearing a raincoat a meter away and he died only when I shot him in the face.

Edited by Exorade

No client crashes. Server crashes happen regularly. At least you can get back almost instantly.

I was getting the message "Failed to load a character" every single time. Once I ended up with new character, other times I got my old one, despite the message.

Random sounds are worse than ever before.

You can't pick up some items from the ground, even after relog. You can interact with those items though, it seems to be very weird. I had a shovel on my back and found an axe. I was able to take the axe into hands but not replace the shovel with it.

Persistence and loot spawning are just, uh, horrible. Unless you clear the spawns after initial spawn of items you're fcked. Barracks, military camps, bases just have the random crap that other people left there. Improvised backpacks, school backpacks etc. No military gear. I'm expecting that server hoppers might have something to do with it.

Zombies still with eagle eyes but deaf.

Drink all doesn't work. Character goes into long drinking animation then nothing happens and you have to "cancel action". Regular drinking is fine. Eat all works fine aswell.

Failed to load a character -- same here, but every time I got my same character back on both hardcore and softcore servers

Random sounds -- yes

You can't pick up items from the ground -- for me, just walking away from the item I want to pick up then returning to it allows me to pick it up

Drink all -- a few times I was able to hit Drink then Drink all worked, but more oftne than not Drink all has been broken for me

Edited by whiskeytango

pretty much what u could expect from a real world apocalypse

Yeah, I would total expect a barracks full of guns in a real world apocalypse.  I mean who the hell would want a gun while the world is going to hell.  And then you have the undead, they are always screwing up our real world apocalypses....  We all know that the current loot respawn system is broken and these loot piles could actually be what is causing the issue with certain regions being barren.  I just hope this is something they can get ironed out quickly.

Yeah, I would total expect a barracks full of guns in a real world apocalypse.  I mean who the hell would want a gun while the world is going to hell.  And then you have the undead, they are always screwing up our real world apocalypses....  We all know that the current loot respawn system is broken and these loot piles could actually be what is causing the issue with certain regions being barren.  I just hope this is something they can get ironed out quickly.

U misunderstood...u could expect to find places with high amounts of loot...other places with low amounts of loot. I did not say anything about all barracks being full of loot

Yes yes yes !! So fucking awesome ... If you guys are avoiding this link you best not it has to do with vehicles !! :)

I'm avoiding the link because it's a vine. 

Anyhow

No news on when will the patch go stable ?

• Like 1

Last I heard, on wednesday.

That was, a week ago, though, maybe.

Anyhow

Trust me, I generally avoid Vines as well and this is one you want to see (it's DayZ gameplay footage).

Last I heard, on wednesday.

That was, a week ago, though, maybe.

Should be, yes. I'm hoping that's the case. It would be nice to see a 0.51 Experimental this week as well, but I'm not holding my breath on that one and neither should anyone else.

Anyhow

Due to the problems last week:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/214044-twitter-dayzdevteam-unfortunately-due-to-new-crash-related-issues-caught-during-last-minute-testing-of-050-well-have-to-push-the-update-back/

I expect them to go for another try this Wednesday.

As far as trolling / complaints in regards to Experimental and the banning of those go:

It's still the decision of the Moderating Team whether to suspend or ban anyone - but it's usually not a thing, as long as it's not abusive. Let's not start a witchhunt.