shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

I had my first shot of this yesterday, spawned in (no idea where) and it was night. Ran along the road for a bit and found some junk in cars, then saw a big abandoned ship. Spent half an hour running about that in the dark and realised I had a flare which helped a little. Got some junk out of there, also a rifle but no ammo. I then ran along to a nearby town, stlil no idea where I was. Looted this for a while and was getting some gear, still no ammo. Managed to find a water pump and also had managed to fend off starvation. I then found a bus so jumped i that to take it for a spin, but it was going really slowly. Jumped out and saw who I thought must have been the previous owner, hit / to say hi. *bang* "you are dead"

All in all a semi enjoyable, but tragic first experience.

When you were running... which side was the ocean on? 

If you WANT to know where you are, I'm sure a bunch of us have it pegged... 

but if not knowing where you are is half the fun- we'll keep it to ourselves. 

• Like 1

I got accosted by a squeaker. he asked for food so I gave him some, he asked for more so I gave him more. He asked for my gun so i decided to give it to him but he said something stupid so i decided against it. he then followed me around even though I asked him not to. I then positioned myself at the end of a very long corridor, shot him twice with my trumpet but got my legs broken with one hit and knocked unconscious with the next, pretty silly. Even more silly was that he decided that he neede to kill me, even though there was no reason and I had been quite nice to him. I repsawned nearby and in twenty minutes had better gear than the stuff he stole. After moving from Dubky to chapevsk i see him corpse in the grass. I look for his killer but cant find him. Suddenly i am shot at from right nearby. I look around and see a guy running through the bushes. He then dissapears. I look for a bit but cant find him. I do an enormous flanking maneuver but the guy is gone.

I go into cherno and hear lots of shooting. I climb onto triple yellow and watch a nice little firefight in the hospital. Everybody seemed to die, strangely enough. Finally bambis appear to gather the gear so i decide its time to log out.

I then positioned myself at the end of a very long corridor, shot him twice with my trumpet but got my legs broken with one hit and knocked unconscious with the next, pretty silly.

What do you mean by this? Was he running at you and punched you while you were shooting or did he shoot hacker rounds at you? Just curious- 

There is definitely a point where a guy is just stalling and trying to keep you engaged as his friends come over to beat on you. We had that happen to us a few times in the past where people are really just stalling all aspects of the conversation and you can tell in their voice that they have no interest in your response. A lot of repetition... a lot of really esoteric questions... 

I think I've asked this before but I'm positive I've heard the same voice in half a dozen different servers exhibiting similar behavior- Is there some voice modulator people use to sound like a kid like 11-13 range and convincing? I try to give the squirts the benefit of the doubt but lately I'm much less patient given some of the encounters we've had. 

The other night I happened across someone around the docks at Sol- and he had a fire extinguisher (which I have seen kill a guy in one of the most hilarious videos I've watched on DayZ) up at the ready... I was trying to engage him in conversation but he was silent. Tracking me with his character- but silent. I kept sniper shuffling around as I waited for the rest of the helpy helpers to come in. I had a pistol drawn but not up at the ready as I ran around. 

I don't remember the conversation but the guy sounded pretty nice- I think looking back that he was really struggling with the key bindings... Anyway I wasn't seeing it quite that way at the time so when he put the extinguisher away and drew a long weapon instead I quad tapped him... 

The helpy helpers were like "who shot him!?" 

I was really feeling terrible about it- hoping the guy would spawn in close by and let us help him get back on his feet... sadly no. 

• Like 1

No it was no hacker thing, he just ran zigzagging through teh corridor and ended up breakjng my legs with his fiorst hit and then knocking me out with his second. Quite silly. But I encounter this often, If you dont have a semi auto or better punchers will get you if you let them come close. I even had a similar encounter today.

Today three things happened, two annoying and one quite fun. I got to the airfiled with a medioum-geared character, No auto but a Cr with scope and glock. I ran along the edge of the airfield on the north side and got to the little green guardhouse. Even before I run past it someone fires at me and hits. I right away go fpr a quick dive to avoid the bullets but instead my character starts to reload. So I stand there reloading, cant do nothing. Naturally Im killed and the person killing me is obnoxious.

I log in with a very well-geared character in cherno, AKM w drum masgs, mp5, cr75, grenades, the lot. No scopes for any rifles though which turned out was a bit of a shame. Im on teh little peninsula sitting in the tin barn scopeing the town with my binos. I spot two players sitting in the cranes sniping bambis so i shoot at them for a bit but dont manage to kill them so  change position to the construction site. I notice some players on triple yellow that actually seems to have a firefight with the guys in the cranes so engage them too. After a while I pull out and do a flanking maneuver on the eastern hill. I then meet a guy who shoots at me with a blaze. he hits me, I fire off some rounds but am unsure if they hit and someone starts shooting at me from the cranes so I leg it. Im hit by the blaze guy again so I stop behind a tree a toss a grenade. I never hear it explode. I run on and stopa gain and pull out my mp5. As the guy runs by I spray him with bullets, he pulls out his blaze, shoots a round at something to the far right of me and I die. He then proceeds with obnoxiussness ofcourse, like they always do.

I Log in with a medium geared character in Cherno again. I hear gunfire from the police station adn notice a player sniping from the hospital so I shoot him with my longhorn. I go to him to loot him but hes already there picking his gear up and moving to the topmost roof. I throw a flashbang up there and climb up. The guy is totally blinded so i look for something to tie him up with but he seems to come to so I shoot him instead. I loot his body and move down. The shooting by the police station starts up again so i check it out. I see some lowgeared people but there seems to be an a-hole inside so i wait for him. As I wait, the guy I killed is back again and hes not happy. I tell him to go up on the roof and get my sporter and gear I left but he wants nothign of it and goes after me. Not wanting to get punched by rifles not working well i simply run around on the roof for a few minutes while he tries to punch me. I taunt him also so that he will come to see the folly of his ways and eventually he gives up so I climb down and leave.

• Like 1

The other day i spawned in Kamy, found myself a magnum AND a pack of bullets!  The stars are aligned, happily heading towards Elektro. When i get there i looted red and green building before going for police station from the garage side when a mosin shot miss me, i storm ahead trough backdoor of police station, looking out the window from second floor. There i saw 2 guys proning on lower roof of the hospital. This was a 1st person server. They crouch up and try look for me and i nailed them both with my magnum. Foolish boys locking themself up there with no chance of escaping i laugh at them while giving them the black screen. Guys never saw it coming. Very convenient for me though, thanks buddies. ;) 

Yesterday, I was back in elektro as a fresh spawn with a mosin and ammo., some guys was camping the red building next to police station, there was a couple of backpacks in the road and a grenade in one of them. I go up on sniper hill to get a view trough the windows when i saw a geared guy coming from kamy and stopped at one of the backpacks with a grenade in. I couldn't controll myself so i had to shoot his leg, the next thing that happens is he blows up, hahahaha. No idea what happend. Oh well, i was looking for a prisoner. Just moments after karma came dropped me like a sack of shit i were. Good times. 

• Like 1

No it was no hacker thing, he just ran zigzagging through teh corridor and ended up breakjng my legs with his fiorst hit and then knocking me out with his second. Quite silly. But I encounter this often, If you dont have a semi auto or better punchers will get you if you let them come close. I even had a similar encounter today.

Today three things happened, two annoying and one quite fun. I got to the airfiled with a medioum-geared character, No auto but a Cr with scope and glock. I ran along the edge of the airfield on the north side and got to the little green guardhouse. Even before I run past it someone fires at me and hits. I right away go fpr a quick dive to avoid the bullets but instead my character starts to reload. So I stand there reloading, cant do nothing. Naturally Im killed and the person killing me is obnoxious.

I log in with a very well-geared character in cherno, AKM w drum masgs, mp5, cr75, grenades, the lot. No scopes for any rifles though which turned out was a bit of a shame. Im on teh little peninsula sitting in the tin barn scopeing the town with my binos. I spot two players sitting in the cranes sniping bambis so i shoot at them for a bit but dont manage to kill them so  change position to the construction site. I notice some players on triple yellow that actually seems to have a firefight with the guys in the cranes so engage them too. After a while I pull out and do a flanking maneuver on the eastern hill. I then meet a guy who shoots at me with a blaze. he hits me, I fire off some rounds but am unsure if they hit and someone starts shooting at me from the cranes so I leg it. Im hit by the blaze guy again so I stop behind a tree a toss a grenade. I never hear it explode. I run on and stopa gain and pull out my mp5. As the guy runs by I spray him with bullets, he pulls out his blaze, shoots a round at something to the far right of me and I die. He then proceeds with obnoxiussness ofcourse, like they always do.

I Log in with a medium geared character in Cherno again. I hear gunfire from the police station adn notice a player sniping from the hospital so I shoot him with my longhorn. I go to him to loot him but hes already there picking his gear up and moving to the topmost roof. I throw a flashbang up there and climb up. The guy is totally blinded so i look for something to tie him up with but he seems to come to so I shoot him instead. I loot his body and move down. The shooting by the police station starts up again so i check it out. I see some lowgeared people but there seems to be an a-hole inside so i wait for him. As I wait, the guy I killed is back again and hes not happy. I tell him to go up on the roof and get my sporter and gear I left but he wants nothign of it and goes after me. Not wanting to get punched by rifles not working well i simply run around on the roof for a few minutes while he tries to punch me. I taunt him also so that he will come to see the folly of his ways and eventually he gives up so I climb down and leave.

One thing I realize- and this is nothing on you killawife- but there are so many FUCKING idiots in this game... Just outright hammerheads. Makes me want to kill (in game) anyone who even acts like they know what they're doing. 9 times out of 10 you're going to kill a fucking idiot who is just in there to ruin it. For that 1 guy out of 10- he's going to respond differently to you... there is just something about a fucking asshat versus a guy who is in there for the right reasons... whether it's in his tone, his gear or his behavior- 

Anyway... a mini-rant... but it gives us all something to think about when we're out there trying to help people. Who are we helping? Where have they come from and where are they going to and to do what? 

Yeah. That. 

• Like 2

Decided i was bored with my current character and decided that if i fell into extreme danger i wouldn't fall back to re-assess my situation. I go to the construction site in cherno and start scoping around. then i hear a round land near me. turns out theres a guy sniping from inside the crane. for around 10-15 minutes we snipe at each other and not landing any hits (a fair range and i had no range finder, not to mention the amount of cover) and eventually i think he calls to his friends to help him. I'm shot by i believe 3 people including sniper guy. I suppose now i'll re-gear while watching youtube and listening to creepypastas. as soon as the servers come back up.

One thing I realize- and this is nothing on you killawife- but there are so many FUCKING idiots in this game... Just outright hammerheads. Makes me want to kill (in game) anyone who even acts like they know what they're doing. 9 times out of 10 you're going to kill a fucking idiot who is just in there to ruin it. For that 1 guy out of 10- he's going to respond differently to you... there is just something about a fucking asshat versus a guy who is in there for the right reasons... whether it's in his tone, his gear or his behavior- 

Anyway... a mini-rant... but it gives us all something to think about when we're out there trying to help people. Who are we helping? Where have they come from and where are they going to and to do what? 

Yeah. That. 

I agree, theres lots of asshats. Many times they are asshats for no reason whatsoever too which I cant understand. I saw a guy standing in a deerstand yesterday and thought he was dead so i climbed up. He wasnt so i checked his name, picked up a burlap sack and climbed down. he then comes to, climbs down and start punching at me even though i was a relative newspawn. I avoided him and asked what he was doing and told him to go play cod instead he stopped, apologized and wanted to run with me. No I said, so he went to the police station in Berezino and got shot, while I looted up and left. Stupid stupid. I later got shot in Elektro in a firefight with two very well-geared guys. I killed one :)

A lot of newspawns are probably mad at getting killed and want to punch out the first guy they see for revenge. This is so utterly stupid that I cant even begin. And I feel that its gotten worse than before. Not many people are friendly and even streamers that used to be cool are just KoS:ing all the time now, making a bad example for others to follow. I can become very mad at times when I get killed when I dont deserve it but I never go ranting and raving about it or try to get my vengeance on the world for it. Better to just shrug it off, start again and loot up. Its not like it matters. Its just a game.

• Like 1

Well, yesterday was interesting day. Me and few buddies decided that we wanted to head down to the coast and have some interactions with other players. Well we started in Kamenka and pushed east up and the coast. We did not see a soul until we were near Cherno. We heard a few shots from an MP5, but nothing else we decided to push on towards Elecktro. We sat around Elecktro for a good 15 minutes and did not see anyone or hear and gun shots. So once again we decided that we were going to push into Kamy and move on. Once into Kamy we checked the police and found a player on the second floor with an AKM watching the door as you come up the stairs (He was a piss poor shot and missed all of his shots). We tried to talk to him, but he was none responsive, so rest of the group cleared out of the building and I sent a farewell package (RGD-9) into his room. 10 seconds later there was a large boom and he was dead. We move into the loot the body, and one of our guys sees another guy in the room over. 3 out of the 4 people in the get dropped and the final guy trades.

I am left alive and covering the bodies as everyone is respawing. Luckily two of the three dead get Kamy spawns right away and are back into the building. Not long after this the police station is surrounded by at least several people with hostile intentions. They attempt to rush the stairs, but get mowed down by my AKM with 75rnd drum mag. Finally our last buddy makes into the police and at this point it seems like everyone person on the server is outside the Kamy police station. One of our members finally gets onto Teamspeak and asks what we are doing. We explain that we are holed up in the Kamy in the Police station.

He says that he is near by with his FAL and will help clear the outside so that we can move out. He finally logs and runs over the area. He lays down fire on the people outside the police dropping several of the real quickly. He moves in closer, but trades with a mosin. We rush outside and clear the rest of the guys (Or atleast we thought we did) and go into recovery mode. I hear a mosin shot ring out and take a hit, luckily he hit my plate carrier and no real damage is done, besides ruining my plate carrier. I duck into a building and get cover, buddy says he dropped a guy with a mosin, so I move out and go back to help recovery gear.... guy pops out of a shed and headshots me..... I go to You are Dead. Buddy that died with the FAL is almost back to Kamy, but another fresh spawn is in front of him. Fresh makes it back to bodies and loots the FAL and attempts to run away. He is dropped by the remaining people left alive. 45 seconds later the server restarts..... we are puzzled wondering if it was the admin that was attempting to get the FAL. Discussions are heald, but we drop it and move onto another server. I login to find myself with a Vybor Spawn. I reloot in the military area's and head back to the coast.... We shall see what tonight holds.

Edited by Downydan
  • Like 3

Playing around some over at NWAF wandering just on the outskirts of the forest i discover a base of 6 tents, needless to say, but i officially got a base in 0.59. Cheerios. It had already been raided with some notes in english and russian. I got a ashwood bow aswell for the first time with some arrows. Gonna have some fun at basecamp. 

EDIT: Yay, military tent and a barrel was just found aswell. I should call pentagon and get my squad ready. 

Edited by JohnyBravo

After a long past couple days looting around and getting everything i wanted i loot for a tent in cherno, find nothing in the building, and walk out the doors. suddenly, death screen. no problem. ive gotten this bug before. just back out a relog. it wasnt the bug. i d ied for precisely no reason and couldn't find the server again so all my loot is gone. yay.

if anyone needs me i'll be doing something else.

After a long day of base tent stealing and some hoarding around NWAF it was time to move 3 of the tents closer to the coast so i pack down 2 tents in my sposn backpack and one in hand i head for the coast. All set up, I admire my great deeds for the day and decide I've got nothing to lose. So me and AKM heads for cherno on a full server.

Upon entering cherno, i hear loads of guns shots all over town, I head for red building behind the factory having a good window view over the hospital and there i saw like 6 guys, ontop, inside and around the hospital having a blast against eachother. Looking for a minute and decided it was about time to train myself alittle with my terribad skills with the AKM and kasthan scope. I Had 2 mags and 40 rounds extra 7.62x39 so i single fire a whole mag over at them minding their own business. I can't tell if i hit anyone. I did some practice shots around the building to get a feel of where to aim. Well i didnt get anyone though.

Camping this position for like 10 mins which is a bad idea, I dont mind it and clench my teeths together and do some breathing exercises for the good ol'nerves. Next thing is my position is comprimised, i stand perfectly still on second floor and i can hear footsteps of atleast 2 people, I hear one is entering the building and i aim at the door in the room i'm in, one comes around the corner. Fired off a couple of shots, but missed. He backs off alittle and i just rush out and blast him down. Now his body is blocking the path to enter the corridors to the 2 rooms upstairs. I lean peeking down the stairs, one is on his way up, i shoot his ass down the stairs and goodnight. In under less than a minute a RAK dude and his axe buddy shows up. I Back up into the inner room to calm my nerves for a moment.

The axe guy had nothing to lose, so he vault over the body ontop of the stairs and comes rushing into my room, i break his legs, shot his head and its lights out while at the same time i see his buddy is having a little trouble coming over the corpse in the corridor and I greet also him with a sprinkle of bullets while he's doing his vault animation. Having just 21 bullets left and too hard to move around in the building i decide to call it off and.. combat log? Well, didnt hear anyone else. All in all i came out gloriously with just a broken arms and a heartrate of 190 i log. 

Since i have 2 accounts, i logged into my other guy, a fresh spawn that luckily spawned in cherno. I run back to the building to pick up the AK i pulled off one of the bodies, but they were already gone bummer. I found an SKS without bullets though and heads to police station where i get one shotted by sniper I dont know where's at. I spawn in Elektro by the factory part at the coast, i find a icepick and heads towards center of elektro, before getting that far I spot a guy at the train station and i look at him kinda in the open with my purple quilted jacket and ice pick in hand and notice a second guy. I did my wiggle thang, but they didnt see me and heads for elektro. I run after them to red building close to the waterpump and one of them stops at the stone wall looking about, i rush in and smack him unconciouss with my pickaxe, takes his fully decked AKM with drummag and run off in the second a mosin shot goes off. I go into hiding and call it a day after some quick recon of the area. I guess he had to protect his dizzy friend with a bruised ego. 

Well, after completely re gearing i manage to add a new barrel and a tent to my base. I now had a winchester and scope, m65 jacket, gorka, and an ak74u with glock and ballistic vest and helmet.

much later in time i go to cherno to see whats up and i actually get lots of player action.

first, i lay down range from the police station inside of the hospital scoping things out. i see 2 players, both with ak's. they spot me (i believed) and ran off so i decide to change positions, moving from the hospital to the construction site, then to the tec building or whatever it may be. after seeing nothing from up top there i go down and i hear footsteps and so i crouch down with my suppressed ak74u and sure enough a guy walks in from the side door and i gun him down. i take off back to the site to avoid his friend. after seeing nothing i decide to call it a night but unfortunately, i see a different player with an ak going to my position. he spots me and i duck. some intense running and maze combat takes place. turns out he had a friend (possibly from the other 2) and i manage to shoot on while he was on the stairs. it didn't kill him but wounded him significantly and he passed out as i saw later, running from more ak fire. while running i shoot his unconscious body just to keep him down.

I finally try to make an escape but his buddy was crouching outside. we both shoot at each other and after filling each other with rounds, i die. A good fight and due to his lack of saying anything, and the amount of rounds we both took, he may have died as well. With a fight like that i'm not at all irritated by the loss of my equipment. Damn good fight.

Bit of an unfortunate few days for us in our "Helpy Helper" activities. 

It started off a couple days ago while DaveB was making his way around in the bus. He had some high speed gear in tow- FN, a couple odds and ends to replenish our supply for the patrols we've been doing on the coast. He stopped at some point between Zelenegorsk and Mishinko and got ambushed by 3 guys on our server... We ended up getting him kitted back out again pretty quickly only to have his character randomly die in the woods while he was the only one in the server later that night. Sigh. I think he spent most of last night trying to get back to the coast with us...

Over the last two nights we ended up dropping into relatively high pop servers to continue with our mission of mercy and had rapid contacts around Sol. The first guy in a list of folks I can remember had just downloaded the game... but he was cooperative and we showed him a few things- got him to the well and left him some pumpkins.

"Is this area clear?" Houston typed to me over direct chat.

"I guess we'll see!" I replied before bidding him adieu. 

We ran into a couple of other guys but that resulted in nothing spectacular- at least not directly. 

Hairy and Shell were watching to the north while MK, Schwab and myself were watching to the south. Schwab was talking to someone- or at least trying to when a 6 shot burst of gunfire occurred nearby. 

"I'm dead!" Hairy exclaimed- shocked. "The guy just came up on me... didn't even know he was there." 

We collapsed on Hairy- taking great care not to fall into an ambush. It took a bit longer than we wanted, but we cleared the area. Did the guy sneak away? Log? We weren't sure- but he was nowhere to be found. 

Hairy respawned and eventually ended up rejoining us as we patrolled up north the Zino... It was a thoroughly unremarkable journey and I'm hoping to pick up where we left off this afternoon!

• Like 3

got to regearing today. work ran late so didn't have as much time. and to more misfortune i was killed inside of the police station in the town south of pavlovo. great. had some good gear too. so after being angry for an hour and a half wasted i kept moving along. eventually i worked myself back to where i was and with some pretty good gear. hopefully i can have some fun tomorrow as my week long vacation starts.

Had a bit of a weird night last night with a couple of encounters between Sol and Berezino. We ran into someone only minutes into the server and the conversation was a bit awkward after the initial "how are ya?" 

"Do you guys have any extra stuff?" 

"What do you mean by "stuff?" Like weapons and ammo "stuff" or food / water "stuff?"" 

"Weapons / ammo stuff- I have a lot of food... if you want I can give you guys some human steaks- I have lots of them since I can't find anything else?" 

"Did you say human steaks?" 

"Yeah- it's okay... I have tabs." 

"Is he a cannibal?" someone asked over TS3.

"Sounds like it."

"Motorcycle helmet?" my hatred for anyone wearing a motorcycle helmet kicked in and the cannibal aspect dogpiled on top of that. "Kill him." 

Bam got a chance to try the FAL on for size and put a round in his head. 

"Sick of this cannibal bullshit." I said unceremoniously as I walked past his corpse. Sure the game allows it- but the whole concept is disgusting. Granted we talked about carrying guts around so that we can force feed to a miscreant after they're handcuffed- but everyone has their limits and the whole cannibal thing is ours.

We entered Berezino but a few of us were struck by terrible frames- worse than usual- and we needed to turn back south around Chez Eno. Around that time we encountered another guy (also wearing a motorcycle helmet) running down the middle of the road with a Mosin out. We weren't really in helpy helper mode at that point- someone called out to him to get his attention and he turned around with his weapon up so he got shot. He was able to duck out of sight and we collapsed on him. The conversation was pretty neutral and he was surprised to have 5 guys standing over him in 30 seconds. Turned out he was reasonable and we patched him up and sent him back on his way. 

As we headed back south past Nizhnoye we bumped into a guy with a crossbow / shotgun combination. He was acting very strangely- particularly as our guys started to approach... which we sort of understand given that we all look like we're just marauding the coast looking to kill everything. But this wasn't your normal "you going to kill me now?" kind of response... the guy seemed to be grandstanding- whether he was streaming or shooting a video I'm not sure. I was trying to talk to him and ask him if he needed anything and he simply wouldn't answer me- yet he'd talk to the other guys about how many people we had.

"Is my game mic even working?" I asked finally.

"Yeah, it's working- he's just not answering you. This is weird." 

The guy pulled out a shotgun- pointed it in the air and there were a bunch of clicks. 

"Who is pulling the trigger-" 

"It's him- but he's stopped talking." 

"I don't like this..." 

The entire transaction was strained and unpleasant for all of us- and everyone's spidey senses were in full alarm. Two AKM rounds to the face put us at ease. Why not just leave him to run off on his own? Well- that's the one that comes back to bite you in the ass sometimes and while we're all trying to help others we need to help ourselves first. Closing the back door was an appropriate measure in this case. 

I logged when we got back to Sol and I'm curious about what happened after I left!

• Like 1

Lots of action today. I played for the better part of six hours with 7 or 8 different characters. I spent most of my time between Pavlovo and Kamy with two small Svet and Berezino adventures wehn I spawned there

Met some friendly squeakers and a girl squeaker.

Killed a punching bambi with a stick.

Had to jump into the sea to get away from two punching bambis when my sword refused to do any damage on them.

Got a kill with the IZH1 :D , a first for me.

Sniped a few guys from the crane in cherno but was killed and yelled at by the admin or a hacker :/. The blaze with scope is a beast.

Tried to take out an armed squad with my hockey stick but they just laughed and I got very lucky when one of them was going to shoot me and his AK clicked, I ran away.

Spawned two times on Skalisty with the same character, grrr

Broke my legs in the police station in Svet and had to roll around for the better part of half an hour til some friendly soul shot me. I had no knife and no bullets for my guns :(

Saw my first FAL but had to run from it and died in a firefight with another guy.

I also found a heli crash near Green mountain with some nice stuff: Irs optic, pistol suppressor, m68 smoke grenade red, never seen one before, no guns though.

For once I didn't meet a lot of assholes, only one bambi trying to get my gear but I can understand him. And another one only talking russian.

Edited by Killawife

Played for a bit. Tried the new ui. Lost the binoculars somehow in the said UI. Changed to old UI. Found a LRS which I find to be better than the binocs. Didn't have to waste ammo on anyone. Was an ok day. 

Video of our last patrol Eno talked about.

Edited by DaveB
  • Like 2

Shittiest day in game that I've had so far. Ran around Sol looking for wheels for a sedan that had gradually despawned all its tires and slid down a hill. Found a tire- put it on... the sedan grew a life of its own and slid down the rest of the hill- slamming into trees on its way down and losing all doors. 

Spend hours running around looking for tires- finally with the help of three of our companions find 3 sedan tires- but the sedan is stuck on a tree. Cut the tree down... nothing. Can't reverse, can't anything. Reset the server (nobody else was in anyway). Stuck on different tree... Wheels all over the place. Replace them. No luck- stuck in the tree. Reset the server again- all tires ruined. 

Fuck sedans. 

Dave comes with a treat- glitching with items between the vehicle and personal inventory. Need to log again to see that I'm holding an AKM. They can see it and I can't. 

Dave electric slides to a house. Looks fucking ridiculous. Alpha. 

I log again to see the AKM in my hands. 60 second delay plus minutes in "please wait." 

Every. Single. Time.

When "logging" is the solution to the inventory problem and you can't go 5 minutes without seeing someone on their knees scooting around all over the world even though they're not on their knees... It's actually HILARIOUS to see a guy on his stomach screaming around at running speed from Nizhnoye to the factory- tearing through grass like a John Deere...  

But on the plus side we have a bicycle coming. 

I know I know... this is not the place. 

But Alpha. Oooooooh fucking alpha.

• Like 2

well i go to cherno as per usual and i end up playing friendly. i hear gunfire and there's a fresh spawn nearby. i decide to help him out and clear any dangerous players. later in front of the police station theres now 3 fresh spawns and some guy with a shotgun shoots me in my arm but i gun him down quick. having heard nothing inside the station and also having observed it for a while and saw nothing i run in to patch myself up. turns out 2 jerkoffs were camping it and acted like hardasses for doing so. much later in time im back in cherno looking for revenge. having a glock and a rak. they've all left though and it's just me and 2 less geared friendly. some guy tried to shoot me with a bow (points for trying and nearly hitting) i gun him down and the others get the friend he had. i decide that it's time for me to go and log off. as i'm running to the treeline i take a shot to the leg. Knowing it came from construction, i roll to the wall and take a gamble and log there. I come back later and i'm surprisingly still alive. 

After a long time of looting i finish off the airfield. i had switched servers after a shower and there's only 1 or 2 other people on. as i'm running i'm instantly knocked out. that's never happened before and i heard no shot. shortly after i hear a voice saying "what's up man" and then i get the dead screen and a headache. No idea what happened there but something seems off about it but i can't be sure with all the problems in alpha. all i know is that i had quite a few hours shat away.

• Like 1

I lagged off the construction site in Cherno while doing a flanking maneuver. And that was that.

I met six people, not one of them friendly.

well once again i'm fully geared and even had some fun today. while passing through cherno i saw a few player but kept my distance. 2 followed for a time and i made sure they didn't get too close as i had no helmet and nice gear. while making my way out of a city i notice an afk player. then i had a funny idea. i was going to handcuff him, give a nice pink jacket and leave him there. i even screen shotted it for your entertainment. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139666285/screenshot/357274991571561465.

later on i get a nice mag for my ak74u and sposn backpack. shortly after my character randomly drops the ak74u. great.. i liked that mag.. i picked up another and jumped to a different server (i normally don't server hop but it was 2 a.m.) i poke around in the barracks building by the quonset hut and i find nothing. i move to the hut and see a player standing there having just hit the log out button. i don't know what possessed me to do so but i pulled out my glock and shot him in the face. fortunately he had an ak74 with just the mag i desired. i take that and the polymer stock and slap them on my ak74u and decide i've had my fill. Not a bad night.

• Like 1

Had a weird one last night- everything was coming together pretty well so 4 of us jumped in an offroad and headed to the coast for a patrol. I'm not sure about anyone else but I find the area west of Svet- there's a turn off by a wrecked bus between Svet and Novo- has always caused my comp to hiccup... whether it's my gaming laptop or my monster back home. Last night, I didn't notice it as much on the monster but then one of the guys in the car said, "I fell out... I'm dead." 

"Whaaaaaaaaaat?" Nah we tell him- just spawn out... probably a glitch. In the meantime he spawns out and confirms he's a fresh spawn. 

A couple of us get out of the car and the other guy can see his body lying in the road with all his stuff on. Unfortunately, he's unable to interact with it. I look a bit further down the road and I ALSO see his body laying in the middle of the street. I head over to that one and I am able to remove his clothing and items. Strangely enough- it's not the same character... He's the tanned Caucasian male but what I'm looking at is the darker skinned female. Very weird.

We got most of his stuff together- pants were ruined but generally everything else seemed okay if not a bit damaged.

Very weird- just one more thing that's souring my patience...   

• Like 1

killed 2 people at cherno the previous night and sniped a guy with a friend on top of electro hospital after seeing they were slaughtering bambis.

got fully geared after dying several times today to 2 pansies that couldn't step out of the hospital in electro (see above) and took too much joy in killing bambis. i give up and was out at nwaf and i'm killed by 2 random dudes there. i've come to know that i am unlucky to an extreme extent.

before being killed i was near my camp and i saw a chicken. it was dark when i shot it and the grass was too tall so i never found it. and i later see a fox. i had never seen one before so i shot it and took its meat and pelts. later after filling my barrels i see a boar. i managed to chase it down and shoot it as well. fun times those were until people ruined everything. much like they always do. shame i have no one to play with.. 

some screen shots: crafted leather sack- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=600122321 

fox- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=600122300

boar- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=600122253

Edited by thatguyoverthar11
  • Like 1