shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

I spawned in Cherno, died by a Zombie, then spawned in Cherno again, crafted a knife and ate my body. Raw, energized, hydrated with two extra rags. Got stuck under the building later though:/

oh my god..I am so sad...fucking deer stand..fell off the stand and fucking die...wtf

fully kitted character a couple weeks old..fuck ...oh well..very well can start a war :(

they need to fix the whole falling thing..fell 6 ft leg fail should not die

Edited by thewire
  • Like 2

Pumpkins, peppers, and machine guns with ColdAtrophy.

I had the shakes from invisible cold status.

My friend and I made this fire by our camp and all was well.

6b2UFbi.jpg

Jogging and rubbing elbows with the infected can burn a lot of calories, so we decided that pumpkins and peppers would perfectly supplement our slowly dwindling packaged food supplies.

IDCwy13.jpg

Some good work put in by ColdAtrophy to fill the camp with a really great stash.

It's been fun backing him up on loot runs and makin' stories....

at1Luyo.jpg

With all the thermometers in this build knowing your temp should not be a problem.

Been from lopatino to staroye and haven't found anything of value what so ever,i think server hoppers are killing this game. bouncing from place to place taking it before you can get to find it

With all the thermometers in this build knowing your temp should not be a problem.

I see what you're saying.

I don't carry one or often think about using one really.

The day before, I saw cold status and had no good reason for it that I could tell.

Knowing I had just patched some clothes; removing them and putting them back on removed cold status and seemed to warm me up.

The next day, with no warning, I was shaking while looking through the scope.....

I see what you're saying.

I don't carry one or often think about using one really.

The day before, I saw cold status and had no good reason for it that I could tell.

Knowing I had just patched some clothes; removing them and putting them back on removed cold status and seemed to warm me up.

The next day, with no warning, I was shaking while looking through the scope.....

seems like a common thing with being randomly cold. even if you jog around a bit and have on pants/coat/hat, as soon as you stop to pick apples or berries it takes no time for you to cool off again. what's the ambient temp in chenarus anyways that a gorka jacket/wool coat/bomber jacket/winter hat etc. can't keep you warm during a sunny day?

Edited by cash81

seems like a common thing with being randomly cold. even if you jog around a bit and have on pants/coat/hat, as soon as you stop to pick apples or berries it takes no time for you to cool off again. what's the ambient temp in chenarus anyways that a gorka jacket/wool coat/bomber jacket/winter hat etc. can't keep you warm during a sunny day?

global warming :) lol 

I swam to Prison Island..took a long time to warm up

Edited by thewire

Herding cows and saving lives, that's what I do (apparently).

I convinced ColdAtrophy to start a fresh 1PP character.

Some communication breakdown led him to swim to the island SE of Kamy after spawning.

I spawned in near the NWA and had the awesome luck to run right into a fully functioning V3S just outside the fence!

6TvhaW6.jpg

I tried to carefully cut a path off road and made it most of the way before rupturing the gas tank and continuing on foot.

I finally made to the coast and once I realized he had swam to the island he was already red hungry and cold.

With infected surrounding the building he's in, he escapes and actually swims back with just enough energy to make it to the main coastal highway and pass out in the road.

Now it's a race against the clock and I'm sprinting down the road hoping I can reach him before the icy hands of death snatch his last precious breaths of digital life.

In the distance.... I finally see the body.

1 bag of rice, 1 powdered milk, 1 can of peaches, 1 can of beans, 1 can of tuna, and most of 2 bottles of water in between and he FINALLY regained consciousness.

I gave him a coat and some basic food and supplies but unfortunately I had to log off before helping more as I had plans.

ojGclfw.jpg

This is so weird. Before this patch you could move to the vicinity of any larger town and military area and you would see people, hear shots fired or be attacked by mad people. Today and yesterday I've been to prison island, balota, cherno, elektro, kamyshovo, solnichy, vybor, zelenogorsk, myshkino and stary sobor and i've met a total of four people, all newspawns or with low end gear. No aggression, no shots fired in anger and nothing real exciting happening. The servers have been quite populated with 15-50 people on them and i've played with multiple different characters. Sometimes I've heard a shot far off but it seems as though the tension and action has somehow dissapeared. Or is it just me thats having this experience?

This is so weird. Before this patch you could move to the vicinity of any larger town and military area and you would see people, hear shots fired or be attacked by mad people. Today and yesterday I've been to prison island, balota, cherno, elektro, kamyshovo, solnichy, vybor, zelenogorsk, myshkino and stary sobor and i've met a total of four people, all newspawns or with low end gear. No aggression, no shots fired in anger and nothing real exciting happening. The servers have been quite populated with 15-50 people on them and i've played with multiple different characters. Sometimes I've heard a shot far off but it seems as though the tension and action has somehow dissapeared. Or is it just me thats having this experience?

Everyone is either scared of losing their gear or stocking up running sever raids, kinda takes the excitement out of it.

Oh i dropped a smersh vest and went for some water and when i got back it was gone, my tent stayed though, oh well

Wandered through Elektro with nothing but a pickaxe on a fully populated server. 

Got randomly attacked by a dude wielding a sword. 

Both got shot by an unknown sniper... At least the sword guy died first!  :D

Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, 1 apple found. Quit game because of boredom.

• Like 1

I've actually got two tents that are persisting now, so things are looking up a little. I should have found a spot closer to a water source though. I have tents on one server, trucks on another, which is pretty dysfunctional.

Yesterday I found a jeep wreck with a PSO-1 and other AK things in it (which was nice). I'm waiting to trade with someone new to me, but looks like they've gone to bed.

This evening, I can't really see the point in running around scavenging and getting hungry and thirsty to no end.

Had a funny dayz today. I've got 2 or 3 private shard characters I play serious on who are really well geared.. But I decided to play a fresh spawn on a different server just for a laugh.

I logged on at Berezino and immediately got in a fist fight with a guy who chased me around until I saw another freshie who we then decided to punch down.. Then all of a sudden there 5 or 6 of us having a punch up in the road. I died and got an Elecktro spawn.

I decided to round up all the zeds in town and deposit them in the fire station. I had much success! At one point I must have had about 12 zeds in tow... I learnt a few things about them. They don't seem to hit you from behind if you walk infront of them and other players can aggro them if they are locked on to you.

I managed to trap a whole load of them in the fire station in the middle of town and went looking for more...

Then things got a little messy! As I was heading back with a few more infected I could see players everywhere.. Some geared some not.. Someone opened the doors of the fire station... Zombies and players were everywhere, gun shots, people shouting, hand to handing with each other and with the zombies. It was propey funny... Then some guy then a guy pit a bunch of 7.62 in my head.

Fun while it lasted.... Who said 0.55 was all doom and gloom? :)

Edited by HarryPotter

I was on a sever together with only 5 other people and I met/saw 4 of them ^^

That's highly unusual though, as currently I meet fewer people than ever . 

I equipped a tent near Rify with a note saying: "feel free to eat/drink and farm. I'll restock supplies, if you don't steal the tent." The tent isn't exactly easy to find, but a few newspawn who run around Rify should be able to discover it; it only has basic supplies, no ammo or weapons and is meant for when I die and find myself spawned there. I then proceeded north to re-check some of the places I hadn't been to, in a while.

First two guys were in a clan and were roaming North-East Airfield. I didn't want to engage them, as I had more to lose than to win and I was already heading away from the airfield anyway. Then, in a village (Khelm), I went up inisde one of the last houses near the forest, when suddenly some ultraloud micro and guy were telling me: "hey, hey, can you help me". I almost fell off the chair, as I was in one of those meditative states you sometimes get to when looting; utter calm until then. However, I talked to him and found out he was stuck under the building I had been looting. I tried to help him by removing a drybag, which he thought was blocking him, but we couldn't figure out a way to get him out of there. So I moved on and he tried a respawn; poor sod!

Then I went to Berezino to pick up my truck I had parked/hidden there a couple of hours ago. I saw another guy running around on top of the police station. Again, I felt no need to compromise my situation or to scare him. I took the truck back south and decided to take a look around Solnichny and the civilian barracks there, in hope of finally finding a cooking pot. (I even have a CR527 mag, but no cooking pot...) Of course, there was nothing there, except lots of zombies. So I took the scenic route from there on. Went up into three valleys next and to Tulga, which seemed to not have been looted at all! Perhaps, because it is a bit of a pain to get there. I didn't find anything good, I found a pristine sword and an orange mountain backpack, but I am carrying a blue mountain one already.

So I went to Rog and then down to near Kamyshovo where I had parked the truck again. Rog Castle - I really hope these ruins will be more exciting to look at and search some day. After a long trip and a few new things found (mostly medicinal and tools), I returned "home" to plant some pumpkins and get myself energized again. It was funny seeing almost everyone on the server without being seen myself. If you wanna meet people it seems the north is the place to be. However, at the moment it's sheer luck, because nobody knows where to loot anymore. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Thanks god our northern camp was discovered and completely erased/stolen. Only thing they left are binoculars and the fireplace ^^

Thanks god, because now I don't have to drive up there every day. Takes me twenty minutes to drive from one camp to the next. Today was rather boring. I am proud to say I know every toilet on the map now ^^

One of my geared characters got One-punched to death by a zed. Quite surprising I must say.

One of my geared characters got One-punched to death by a zed. Quite surprising I must say.

Either you had blood but didn't recover your HP (light-green energized) or there was this 'bone structure damage' Wobo mentions in one of his clips from a long time ago (basically, you can be one-punch wasted even on full blood and health if you took a lot of beating over the course of your avatar's life because something something; I'm not even sure if it's in the game anymore).

For me, achieving the 'healing' status can be a huge quest right now. On the plus side, yesterday and tonight I started to learn how to deal with zeds without a scratch. Basically, as I move through urban areas, I find buildings with two exits and something like a table (or other obstacle) inside. Then I close one of the doors. When a zed jumps me, first I wear down his/her speed, then I run into my building, wait on the other side of the table, then sprint to the door and close it behind me. Works like a charm as long as the zed in question doesn't clip through the door. The best building for this is the supermarket, as zeds can't go out the windows and you can sprint between the racks. Also, you can employ the bug related to the fire station tower - grab a handful of zeds, get them inside the station, run in circles, close all doors, run up the stairs and find the ladder to teleport outside. An abuse, of course, but if you're desperate, you can deal with 4 zeds at once this way. :)

There is an easy and funny way of making the zeds tired and that is to find a longishpart of a fence and just step over it to and fro. Watch as poor zeds have to run 2 miles' worth of distance while you hop like a bunny. You can do that until they can barely move and use that time to come up with a plan to deal with them.

As concerns clipping through doors - I noticed once that a zed can go through closed doors sometimes because the game thinks the door is open for them. In such a situation, if you open the same door, zeds should be unable to go through, thinking it's closed. I saw this once, but this needs further research.

Last night i trapped 4 zeds in brown wooden shed and left a note outside saying "Dont Dead, Open Inside" or something like that

and i also left a land mine in berezino police station by a pistol grip shotgun before logging off.

Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, not found a thing, Click apple tree, 1 apple found. Quit game because of boredom.

tb9h8ino.jpg

.... it's so much fun... "Search for apples" is my favorite game... after 15 minutes... one apple... i felt awesome... and later starved to death.... but i was full geared... with shoes and shirt and jeans.. wow... obviously my fault... ;)

Edited by Frau Zelg
  • Like 1

tb9h8ino.jpg

.... it's so much fun... "Search for apples" is my favorite game... after 15 minutes... one apple... i felt awesome... and later starved to death.... but i was full geared... with shoes and shirt and jeans.. wow... obviously my fault... ;)

Yes exactly.

I know its meant to be survival but well, 40 minutes looking for apples isn't my idea of a survival game, and i reckon it isn't anyone else's

• Like 1