shutupwalter

How was your Day(Z)?

So after my reset i re spawned ( new)  near Solnichny. Rather than look for a back pack and weapons etc i just went for food and drink and had them as soon as i saw them , as mentioned here somewhere.

I headed to Dolina because its an easy trip there and stocked up a bit on some food and drink.

I decided to bypass a detour  to a place where i know weapons routinely spawn but isn't on any of the ( spawn point ) maps for weapons. Last few times there ive found 357 hand guns, repeater ( 357) with 357 ammo as well. That handgun packs a real punch, i had around 60 plus rounds and it would drop a zombie with one shot in my previous life.

I was a bit nervous as not going there but i had a plan to finally get to where i wanted to go.

So i was rather happy with the gear i had, no guns yet though, although i found a splitting axe. I stopped in at Polana and found me a repeater plus some 357 ammo :D at least i knew it was a one shot drop if i got in trouble.

From there a trip to Gorka, then up to Dubrovka. Id found a 25 place back pack and pet water bottle so i made the run to Krasno. I wasnt interested in going to the airfield, this was more about exploration. Skirting around the nth west of the airfield i headed to Polana the skirted around Novo and headed to Svergino. :o Phew time for a breather.

The headed to Severo, Ratnoe then turned tail and went up nth east to Nagornoe , found myself a tactical vest and then headed to Kamensk stopping along the way to admire the sights :thumbsup: . Stary Yar, Polesovo, Zaprudnoe and then Novaya , i now had an sks as well which i am carrying in my hands, still dont have a fire axe yet though > :( and i still have the 357 repeater rifle and a huge amount of everything.

All the time im looking at places to make a base when that finally gets put in the game. There some great spots that have tree cover ( to stop choppers coming in) and good side access cover.

Zombies? you ask, well i think i have dispatched about 50 so far, lead them around a corner and wait then chop, lol. Or if they haven't seen me i come up behind them and take them out first.

Other survivors? a few Ive seen, they haven't seen me and there was one group of about 8 that ran right past me, that was heart pumping nerves right there, they were not there on a holiday. Gave some cans of drink and some fresh food to a new guy i saw running around that was almost dead near Novo, poor bugger  though i was going to shoot him :o . He said don't shoot don't shoot, in a bit of a panic ( i think he had been culled quite a few times) I said , "dont worry mate, im not a mongrel like some others". Dropped it on the ground and run off.

So now im sitting waiting my time to make the push down sth, only thing i need is a mosin,  scope and binos and id love a 357 magnum too, if i want to act on what my plans are further down the track, if i stay alive that is.

If you see PA8 on a server its me, i will be alone ( for now ) , i am friendly unless you aren't,  say hi.

No i will not put my weapon down on the ground if you have one as well.

Cheers all.

come join me at Musty Server! Server full of crazies

Edited by thewire

come join me at Musty Server! Server full of crazies

I looked it up earlier, may well have too.

Made it to the NWAF, now i can see why people fight for control of it WOW. Damn zombies though, think i had to take care of about 10 there.

• Like 1

I went into Cherno with my best geared character (usually not a good idea) and heard shooting. I couldn't tell exactly where it came from so I decided to climb the tallest factory building to get a better view. As i'm climbing i hear some mp5 shots but can't pin the location. As I get to the top I get mighty suprised as there's a guy laying there scoping. I rest for a few seconds and aim my gun at him and says "Hey dude" He turns around and then rolls away going for his gun. I run around the little building on top and shoot him with my AK101. I wouldn't have done it if he had stayed cool but then again, he had a clownmask on and all who do deserve death. I loot him and find an mp5 with two mags and ammo. I'm  pretty happy as I already have an mp5 from earlier. Now I need to find a scope for it. 

One more fun thing happened. I spawn as a newspawn on a private shard and run for the factory ouside Solnichy. As I approach two guys come running along the highway. I stop and talk and they say they are going to the airfield. Which airfield I ask and they say Balota. You are going the wrong way I tell them and give them directions and info. They claim they have checked the map and its this way. It is not says I. Well, we'll see they say and run along.

As I get to the factory roof I spot them in the distance runing for Berezino. And certain death.

Edited by Killawife
  • Like 1

I looked it up earlier, may well have too.

Made it to the NWAF, now i can see why people fight for control of it WOW. Damn zombies though, think i had to take care of about 10 there.

ya i know..lets join me..damn i broke my leg but I have splint to heal me but it not working or taking too long? it's server issue

Spawn in and meet a guy in a doorway after two seconds. He has a shotty so i say Dont shoot and run away. Five minutes later he shoots me dead as he's ambushing me when I leave a building. Kinds pointless as he probably ruined the one and only shotgun shell i had with his shots. I repsawn outside Novo and in five minutes I have better gear than when i died earlier.

I don't meet a single other person in three hours of gameply after that. Although I go to Severograd with another character to see if I can find a truck and just as I'm approaching Two trucks pull away in different directions. darnit

Edited by Killawife

Had a lot of fun last night...

Spawned in Elektro and got geared up nice and quick. Repeater, ammo, pink raincoat some food and water and a spade.... not great but all I needed for what I had planned.

My aim was to practice my shooting skills.. I know this is probably not the kind of game style most people on here condone... but I need the practice! so I took up position on one of the fire station roofs (the one away from the power station) Elektro was full of people and Zeds.... lots of gun shots, guys hand to handing with zombies and each other, really pretty mental! So I just chilled up there for a while taking pot shots at passers by... practising leading my shots at short and long distance. I got some good kills. 3 guys at medium and long range and 2 guys in the fire station tower... I had to make an ammo run which was intense. Taking shots from all over and being chased by lots of zeds. I got back to my spot and tagged one more guy sneaking up the fire station tower.... but my shot didnt kill him and he took position right up the top of the tower... we had a bit of a stand off (he was very angry) and I tried to get him to come down the ladder and drop all his stuff in return for safe passage but he was having none of it so I relocated to a position where I had a good line of sight onto the roof and ladder at the back of the fire station... sure enough down he came hammer out expecting me to be there running around like a loon! I waited until he came down the ladder then ended him! I could hear him shouting to someone about me just before he died....

Soon after I got taken out..... then had a few runs up north being killed before I could get geared around Berezino and Novo

I changed servers and spawned in at Cherno and made a loot run up to the apartments.... LOTS of loot up there and nice and quiet. Got a blaze, ammo, Makarov+mag and 8 rounds, rain coat, dry bag and a splitter, then went back to target practice. I took up position on a roof top near the Tec building.. Locking the rooftop door so anyone would be forced to use the ladders... Zombies seem able to glitch through the lock door though?

Fist guy came up the ladder and we spoke for a bit and I gave him some food then he went skitz on me with a fire extinguisher... we ran around the rooftop top while I tried to reason with him but he was angry as I had pointed my Blaze at him! He ended up with a face full of Makarov....

I moved up onto the very top roof and a guy came in through the locked door followed by 3 zeds (do the locked doors even work) he was panicking and I told him to run out onto the roof a bit and I would shoot the zeds ..... but there was a terrible accident and I killed him as well.

Spent the rest of the time relocating to the fire station where I took out a guy with a shot gun at medium range + a few zombies... found a mosin and a pu and some more ammo :)

All good in the end.

Sorry to all folk I KOS'd last night but I need the practice and anyway Elektro and Cherno....... if run in the middle of the street....... your dead.

Found 5 hunting backpacks filled with 60 round coupled mags for the m4.. along with three fully kitted m4s beside it.. beside Smersh vests filled with food..

So I ran around on a full server SPRAYING at people in elektro. Didn't die once. :D Now I am up in Gorka chilling with a fire tabbed out with my trusty m4.. 

I won't drive truck anymore!!!. Again, I crashed and I can't get out of the truck so I died. Re-spawning near the ship, I decided to jumped off from the top and landed on the container without dying. Jumped of the container with no problem :) What the heck..another dayz...

in Musty Server

Edited by thewire
  • Like 1

sittin in the NWAF and was up on the first tier of the fire station tower and looking for a mosin scope then i hear a truck, then footsteps, then climb up the ladder to my level with me pointing a gun at him. He wasn't ready and i said dont even try it buddy, im only here lookin around. He must have carped his pants cos he fell of the floor and to the bottom of the steps dead!.

I waited a few minutes o see if he had set up elsewhere and when there was no more sounds i went to look.

This guy had coupled mags and an M4, his kit was full he could have blown a whole crowd away with what he had including me and he had a mask on, BANDIT!!!!!! GOTCHA :thumbsup:

I didn't want his gun, nor his ammo and looked like he was server jumping to get gear , it was tainted with bandit stench..

So i chopped the heck out of him and ruined the lot :lol: , then took his truck and went a roaming.

Died not to long after that but it was worth it, at least i probably stopped some poor souls being shot up for no good reason. :D

• Like 1

I met some people outside cherno on the GOG server and ofcourse they killed me even after I showed I was no threat. I went to hunt them but ofcourse the server chrashed before i could reach them.

I played on the Wobo server for a bit and was attacked in Severograd by some crazy person with a mosin and only two bullets. I didnt know this ofcourse and he hit me once. I plugged him with my cr75 but fell unconcious. When I came to he was on the ground unconcious. I was bleeding and badly wounded and my bandages were ruined so i had to rip up a perfectly pristine tactical shirt to bandage myself. I wanted to tie him up but the cuffs I had were ruined so i killed him instead. I left an AK on his body and took the mosin as i didnt have a magazine for it. My gorka and TTSKo clothes were ruined so I had to find some other crap. I also had to eat lots and lots fo food to get from almost dead to energized. At least i got a protector case out of the battle.

The day before I was at the northest military base and came upon either a very young boy or a girl in the barracks. I wanted to talk but he/she was afraid so I left instead.

So I went kinda crazy last night. I decided I was too attached to my gear, so I thought Hey lets go to go to Cherno and find a fight and when I die I'll just start over. So I started running through Elektro when I see a freshspawn fighting a zombie. I kill the zombie with my 357 and then tell the guy to put his hands up. After he complies, I'm like hey, crazy question but do you want my mosin? So I end up giving him my Mosin, pu scope, all the ammo I had for it along with my TTSKo jacket some food and water. I know he thought I was nuts.

Then I ran to Cherno, and started looking for bandits or a fire fight. I spent almost two hours running around the city in the open with my 357 out. I saw a few players all of whom yelled friendly and ran away. I didn't get into a single shoot out. I did find a repeater before I finally logged though, so maybe I won't act so suicidal tonight, though I kinda enjoyed reverse robbing that guy in Elektro

So I went kinda crazy last night. I decided I was too attached to my gear, so I thought Hey lets go to go to Cherno and find a fight and when I die I'll just start over. So I started running through Elektro when I see a freshspawn fighting a zombie. I kill the zombie with my 357 and then tell the guy to put his hands up. After he complies, I'm like hey, crazy question but do you want my mosin? So I end up giving him my Mosin, pu scope, all the ammo I had for it along with my TTSKo jacket some food and water. I know he thought I was nuts.

Then I ran to Cherno, and started looking for bandits or a fire fight. I spent almost two hours running around the city in the open with my 357 out. I saw a few players all of whom yelled friendly and ran away. I didn't get into a single shoot out. I did find a repeater before I finally logged though, so maybe I won't act so suicidal tonight, though I kinda enjoyed reverse robbing that guy in Elektro

I go looking for trouble from time to time... Sometimes I just get naked and walk through cherno in the open with my hands in the air...

One time I decided to seek out an interaction and only communicate with hand gestures!! That was fun. Managed to get the guy to follow me to a barn where I whipped out my pick axe and tried to kill him... It ended badly for me :(

• Like 1

I got my first grenade kill today. I had encountered a guy earlier and a newspawn who was with me attacked him. i told him not to and shot at the newspawn. I guess the guy got confused and thought I attacked him so after killing the newspawn guy he came after me. I had retreated to the top of the TEC building on the docks of cherno and saw him come up. i told him we could be friends but he just sat there waiting. Now i had a grenade that i found on a dead man but I had never used one before. I unpinned it and tossed it and it landed right beside him. He looked at it but probably didn't understand what it was BOOOOM!  What a show. I grabbed some food of his body and was going to head downstairs but something broke in my game and the ladder didn't work so I had to logout instead :/

On another character I found three tents in cherno outskirts. And a chainsaw. No gas for it though but its real efective against zeds even without it running.

Went back to Musty server, was pleased to see a pretty geared character. SKS with 10 rounds chambered and 20 20 rounds, MP-133 with 6 rounds chambered, Makarov with full clip and 13 spare rounds, Gorka uniform and the ever-stylish officer's hat and aviators combo. I was just south of Zelenogorsk so I figured I'd go to the Pavlovo base for the first time. Killed four zeds on the way with the shotty, then reached the northern end of the base. No zombies, but no useful loot in that part, so I ventured further south. I was just picking up some gloves in a shed, when a zombie burst in. I panic shot it, but before it had even hit the ground another came in. And another. I got slapped around a bit, shot one of them and ran out, only to see four more of them coming at me. I sprinted as fast as I could, til they were falling behind, then dropped my now useless shotty and reached for the Makarov. An empty clip later, I'd managed to kill only one zed. The others were too close for me so I ran again, doing a lap around the hospital and making a beeline for the nearest barracks, where I am currently sitting in a corner, curled into a ball, trying to drown out the groans and growls of the zombies trapping me inside. I am preparing for a desperate fight... twenty rounds, at least six zeds outside... 

10604498_10206408862603399_3142398691770

• Like 2

Just had my first run in 55 with ZH and I must admit I'm suitably impressed! The zeds are much more agile now and more work to deal with and their detection isn't akin to an F22 Raptor. I haven't noticed things being as sparse as I've heard but then again we were in a relatively quiet server. I've read that persistence is locked on now so it sounds like a great reason to start gardening again. We haven't hosted Chez Eno for awhile since there was no reason to grow food for anyone. 

We had characters near the NWAF so we went there just to check things out. Within about 2 minutes of arrival we heard gunfire. ZH is a bit skittish for a variety of reasons so he wanted to pull back. We did and headed over to the vybor military base and to his delight we stumbled into a US crash site. He found some optics, a collapsible stock for an M4... and some ammo. He REALLY wants the M4 so I'm trying to help him find crash sites. Finding everything but at this point. 

Didn't stay in long. Might be on a rescue mission here soon for DaveB... who has recently reported his pub is near Berezino and freezing. If anyone is in that area with a pub and can give him a hand I know from experience that his gratitude often comes in the form of great loot! 

Four days running I have met another player and they have all been:

A. Friendly, and

B. Helpful.

The first guy I met ran in on me in a building while I was waiting for healing to kick in. I could barely see I was so badly injured and told him so - he left me a capsicum some tuna and an opened can of something else and wandered off.

The second guy was a new spawn who I had the drop on so he just yelled friendly and ran off.

The third guy gave me a .22 pistol and two cans of peaches and went on his merry way.

The fourth guy ran up to a truck I was in so I let him in and we went for a joyride. We eventually got brassed up in Cherno or Electro and were both injured so I got us out of town and we ditched the truck, bandaged and ran for the hills. There we hid and both logged out.

Thank you guys on the Australian AusArma Server - it was so much better than just being in a shoot out. I really enjoyed the experience of finally interacting with other players.

PD

Well, my dayz was interesting.

Today I spent nearly the entire time on. Figuring out the loot system and the zombies.

I watched a zombie spawn in 30 yards from me.

I shot it in the chest twice with a 1911 it fell onto me as it died and ruined my jacket.

I found a hunting backpack a P1 and 7 sodas in an outhouse.

B

I've learned that the zombies still no clip through everything.

I've learned that the zombies remember at least a little bit of their uninfected lives.

Because

all the zombies on this hell bound island used to be and still are judo experts &

I've learned that all the zombies loved Michael Jackson in their uninfected lives because they moon walk rather well.

All on my own server. No other players around and im running out of 5.56

Edited by ASTINvlogs

Well it was a rough day yesterday. My two week old character got killed by another fully geared player that I stumbled on in a building. I tried to say friendly but he shotgunned me through a door. While I should have just retreated, it's in my nature to try to be friendly and talk to people. It got me killed but I'm probably not going to change. Respawn.

Found myself on the east coast, began checking every building moving along as fast as I could. After an hour or so I'd found a paramedics jacket and nothing else. Since I was about to die from starvation, I threw myself off a building. Respawn.

Found myself near cherno. After a short exploration I found another player. We picked apples together. He moved off looking to explore some buildings. I tried to gather more apples but a guy with a shotgun came up so I ran away. I made it to that little set of houses north of cherno but before you get to Nadez when I spotted a goat. I pulled out my hammer, chased it down and killed it. Skinned it with my stone knife, rewarding me with 4 raw steaks. I realized I had no matches... can I eat this raw? I don't want to get sick, had that happen once, no way I'd survive an illness now. I'll go look at the wiki. I found a building to hide in, alt tabbed looked up raw meat. Hmm doesn't say you might get sick if you eat it raw. Oh well I'll take a chance. Alt tab back into the game to see some guy beating me down with a garden hoe. Try to flee... go unconsious. A min later I die. Ah well at least he won't have to eat me.

Respawn. Find myself by a crane but nothing else in sight. Climb the crane... and jump. Respawn.

Find myself up north near Novo. Started exploring. Picked apples. Found some gear. Headed west avoiding zeds and scavenging. Hunger was a problem for a long time but I finally found a bag of rice which fixed that problem. Managed to find the OREL uniform, a gorka helm, backpack. As far as weapons I ended up with a pickaxe, sporter with a few rounds and a CR75, a mag for it and some ammo. Ran into a player who was fighting zombies, helped him kill them, we chatted for a few and then I said my farewells and found a safe place to rest for the night.

I think I'm in a pretty good position for today. I'm going to try farming and hunting once I find some matches... whatever it takes to survive.

Well it was a few interesting dayz.

Still on who i had before the new release, but moved on from where i was to another place. I hold up there for a bit and then headed off with my cow meat , mmm its so lovely raw.

Ive been able to figure the new zombies out, geez they make some sick weird noises when you keep up on them. So i was at a well and having a sip even though i have two canteens full and then , i see a zed, WHAT? it frightened the carp out of me , but it hadn't seen me. I went prone and dropped it , but to my surprise two more has seen me and were "quietly" running full speed creeping up on me.

One panicked AK mag later >:(  and im running into the bush with 3 more on me, ooooh not good :o , eventually i outran them , but because they were between me and where i wanted to be i doubled back. One was roaming the woods now, so i stalked it, putting trees between me and it and then when i got close enough to guarantee a head shot without it knowing, i took it out. :thumbsup:

Rather than go back in to the others as my ammo was low i turned and ran back into the bush. A few minutes later i came across a nondescript house and found a tent in there. oooh goody.

The last tent i put up disappeared on me so i went back out into the forest and pitched the tent, lets see if it survives. I put a couple of things in there just to test it out, i guess i will see if it stays.

I have more than i had before .55, but i need a couple of things to give my character a 10/10, for now  its a 7

• Like 1

I tried 0.55 after several months off the game. I love the new zeds! I love how they're tough, fast and silent, and how you need to stealth around them. I haven't managed to fight them without a scratch as it used to be (they're super glitchy now, maybe because of the speed), in fact I died twice today to zombies, which didn't happen to me since my very first dayz. The second time was when I tried to help a freshie and I was already low on blood... Lying unconcious and then dead I could only hear him crying 'help, help!'. :) Now, I think we're finally arriving at what the game should be all about. But the glitches are killing me, it's never been that bad trying to hit a zed.

Also, what happened to the loot? I tried several servers and they were super poor, like 'one item per several buildings' poor. Couldn't find matches for 4 hours.

Not going to lie, I'm loving the new update so far! It suits my playing style so much better because I'm all about exploring the map outside of the big cities so this was very welcome. I went all the way up to Svetlojarsk and back down again. I found a tent and finally managed to stay alive long enough to be able to deploy it. Hopefully I pitched it on a good location, but we'll see I guess. Maybe it's a bit too ideal to actually work out. Only half an hour later I died at the hands of a zombie, so now I have to start all over again. My tent will still be up, right? And can other players steal the tent? I get that they can steal things from inside, but it would be good if the tent was still there.

Off to respawn at the coast again I guess...

Not going to lie, I'm loving the new update so far! It suits my playing style so much better because I'm all about exploring the map outside of the big cities so this was very welcome. I went all the way up to Svetlojarsk and back down again. I found a tent and finally managed to stay alive long enough to be able to deploy it. Hopefully I pitched it on a good location, but we'll see I guess. Maybe it's a bit too ideal to actually work out. Only half an hour later I died at the hands of a zombie, so now I have to start all over again. My tent will still be up, right? And can other players steal the tent? I get that they can steal things from inside, but it would be good if the tent was still there.

Off to respawn at the coast again I guess...

Unless a glitch removes your tent, or another player finds it, then it will stay. :)

Unless a glitch removes your tent, or another player finds it, then it will stay. :)

I couldn't find matches but sure found 2 tents not even trying (I remember I spent like 20 hrs hunting just for a tent back in 0.49). My question is: with the persistence on across the board, do we still have the Wednesday tent wipe? If so, I'm not even going to bother holding a camp.

Horrible. Waste of time actually. Luckily we didn't lose anyone and my bags are full. I just wish they would fix the tents already. I need somewhere to store this crap.

Edited by ASTINvlogs

Shit, I take that back! It's really hard when you die and respawn. I looted every house from Berezino to Turov and found nothing to eat or drink. So far I've died of starvation two times and killed by zombie two today. First thing I'll do when I manage to survive longer I'm going to stock up my tent with food! Those to cans of tactical bacon didn't last long, lol. Yes, the tent was still there :)

Does anyone else have problems with apples? I get the "I found something!" message but the apple doesn't show up in my inventory everytime. Super annoying when you are two minutes from dying of starvation. Also, apples seem to fill up my thirst but does it actually do anything about the hunger status?

Edited by Turbidblue