Roguehunter

September Rant Topic.

. It takes more guts to speak up in this forum of so many defenders of the progress.

Posting some stuff on the internets dosent take ANY guts...none at all...

only if you are in snowden territory...than it might take some balls..

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

Alright. I try to not complain, and have a lot of patience. But im starting to get sick of this. If you are geared up the game is great, but as a fresh spawn it is nearly unplayable. Im trying not to whine about this, but something needs to be done.

Ive been a fresh spawn for nearly a week, and died several times a day in this time. Why? because zombies are still broken. I ask that this please take priority over other things being worked on, as it is probably one of, if not the most important aspect of the game. It is a zombie survival game after all. They are still broken in several ways.

1: spawn on spot of previous death or very close to it, very quickly.

2: still go through doors and walls, not as often but still do. I will lock one inside, then continue looting and 5 minutes later the same zombie is back.

3: melee is still broken, this is pretty self-explanatory for those who have experienced it.

Agree fully, but once you know the tricks of the trade it's pretty simple at this point:

1.) Run far north and head into places that don't have zombies, like Turovo, Dobroe or the sheds north of NWAF that don't have zombies

2.) Find an axe, settle for nothing less => this is your best  tool against zombies

3.) If you find a firearm use this against players only

4.) Hopefully the game will be playable again with version 0.50, since 0.49 apparently fixes the zombie problem but forces us to deal with a ridculously over the top stamina and weather effects system

See you guys in a month!

I've been waiting for SA since the day it was announced (october 2012, was it?). Now I'm waiting till it reaches "playable" status.

Just ignore the morons that say SA is fine while they've never played the mod.

Hopefully it will get finished one day. Untill then I'll check the updates and try to avoid brain dead forum users.

As much as i can't stand people like the OP, your list of whiteknighting has some pretty absurd things in it..

Just off the top of my head... :lol:

Zombies that are completely silent and sneak up on you like a ninja.  <----  If you are too dull to keep your eyes open ..complain elsewhere

Zombies that can track you like a heat seaking rocket. <----News flash!!!! if they can see you they will chase you. A 1st gen zed can see 200 yards a seond generation Zed 600 yards though shit if you can't handle it.

Zombies that can travel through walls.<----I havent seen that in awhile sport.

Hearing sounds like a Zombie scream when there is nothing around.<----so what? Grow a pair,

Putting something on the ground only to have it dissappear.<----learn where you can and can not drop things.... under trees are a bad choice sport.,

Constantly having to cancel actions because it glitches and does nothing. <-------Do I detect a lack of dexterity? 

Controls that are complete garbage<------opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Texture pop-ins when surveying areas.<-----so what? learn to configure your system

Falling through buildings<-------Ancient history

Glitching in lakes<-----Never happened to me and I've never seen it.

The list goes on and on <-----the crying from trolls like you goes on, and on, and on, and on.

I mean really? configure your system better? that's a load of shit, this is 100% an issue on the games side that the player has no control over. And just because the bridge hack has never happened to you it suddenly isn't an issue? oh wow if only it were that easy then DayZ wouldn't have any issues at all. http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/558765675354776465/8F45F9007D3A0994C6F9253E5FDE7DE1992C7A40/ I won't bother with some of the other things you said.

Some of the stuff the OP listed are quite disgruntling to still have(random sounds) while other aren't, it does give a feeling like he isn't aware of what an alpha is (eventhough he keeps saying otherwise). But the way you try and whiteknight everything away isn't any better.

Edited by Chompster
  • Like 1

Map development, AI navmesh, AI animals along with hunting / fishing mechanics, central loot economics, item persistence, persistant storage, new sets of clothings and guns, refined random spawns ( heli crash sites etc ) .... where have you been over the last couple of months?

Funny they worked on everything except the darn things that make the game almost unplayable....

Desync, incredibly awkward and clunky controls, hot keys that never respond, hacking up the ass that I've never heard or seen the levels of in all of my life, and zombies that can hit you while facing backwards and also complete a hit on you even after you made a kill shot.

So while you may like the map expansion and loot respawn, I don't know anyone personally who didn't want the big problems fixed first. I will say that adding navmmesh was a step in the right direction so I'm holding on by a thread of hope now thinking the game will be fixed.

• Like 2

My Biggest complain about the game is the controls, why does our player motion have to be bound to an animation, look at how fluid all these other games are NONE of them have player motion bound to the players ability to move.

How many times have you got to walk up a narrow set of stairs like the little hunters huts in the woods only to end up side stepping left and right like a total retard because your character steps to far in either direction.

UNBIND us.

Gameplay would not be hurt in anyway what so ever if the animations were an approximation of the players movement, if I move to the side a little animate that, sure, if I climb a ladder or jump animate it all of course but don't physically move me based on the animation it's so stupid it boggles the mind and its the fundimental reason for almost every single complaint about the controls, and the reason people say the game feels clunky.

I know its a simulation but simulate everything else and leave player movement out of it so that players can move through buildings, up stairs and along narrow paths without feeling like some retarded robot.

The whole problem is the shitty DayZ engine and the scope of this project. The H1Z1 guys have a smaller team and the amount of in-game features they have added is staggering. But look at the difference in what they added.

- Vehicles: Very basic vehicles. No interchangeable parts (yet) but they work. DayZ will have complex cars with parts and shit.

- Bases and barricading: Very awesome. I have nothing bad to say about the way they have implemented base building. I hope DayZ does something just as good.

- Horticulture: awesome. I guess DayZ will have something similar one day.

- Loot: most loot comes in the form of world containers. Kinda' lame. The DayZ system is much better but I do hope they get world containers working as soon as item persistence is done.

- HUD: Arcadey. Health bars. etc. Kinda' lame but so are the DayZ status messages. Both games need to improve their user interface.

So, while they have made good progress, the actual in-game features are kinda' more basic and will be made more complex over time. DayZ is going straight for the advanced features. I prefer the H1Z1 method of agile development but DayZ is definitely doing OK.

I seriously thought we would have working tents in April, though, like Rocket said. Kinda' strange how long it is taking to add in the basics of barricading, zombies and item persistence.

Apples to Orangles. H1Z1 is using Planetside 2's engine, so theres not a whole lot of low-level engine work they have to do. While DayZ is still in the middle of an engine overhaul, which obviously takes a lot of manhours away from working on your aforementioned content.

Apples to Orangles. H1Z1 is using Planetside 2's engine, so theres not a whole lot of low-level engine work they have to do. While DayZ is still in the middle of an engine overhaul, which obviously takes a lot of manhours away from working on your aforementioned content.

That was exactly my point.

i agree with a lot of this, i still hear random zombie noises when i am walking in the middle of nowhere with no zombies around, it is annoying because everytime i hear it ii look all around me to see if there is a zombie. and then there are tons more buggs, hackers and other issues that need to be adressed. i can understand that this game is in alpha and all that shit, but they shouldn't release a game on steam, even in early acces if it is plain unplayable.

Actually, any car that is being sold these days isn't going through the tests they used to - simply because it's easier to repair 200,000 breaks on broken down cars instead testing it properly in the first place.

kilchiron. That's nonsense. The auto, along with pharmaceutical and aviation industries are some of the musty highly regulated. There are breakdowns, they do repair/withdraw/replace but to day that testing does not take place 'like they used to' is simply erroneous.

The "Alpha-Release" concept isn't only a thing in the games-industry, it happens to car-manufacturers as well.

i started out a couple days ago and already have a heli and tons of guns. Sure, theres a little luck involved in it, but im playing vanilla dayz which is the hardest out of them all. You simply suck.

This is not about the DayZ-Mod. Make sure to double-check the section you're posting in.

There is also no reason for these kind of insults, so stop it.

The irony here is that many people complaining that DayZ isn't finished yet are likely the same people who won't like DayZ when it is finished.

We are not aware of every technical and non-technical problem the SA encounters and I would not pretend to know what kind of pressure and workload Rocket has dealt with since the viral success of the mod.

I have my own fears and misgivings about the direction and progression of the SA but I also have faith that BI understands Rockets vision and will in a reasonable amount of time produce a game that holds to a high standard of quality conceptually and technically.

The whole early access warning is a cop out. Right now dedicated fans think it will wish away the nay sayers when in reality the issue is that BI received the bulk of the profitability of the game with out having to develop a finished product, and now the motivation to finish said product is gone. Even if the DayZ finishes development and marks up the price to 60 USD, it will never make as much cash or sell as much as it has at the alpha stage. Lets take a look at development costs, BI did not have to license a new engine, and instead used an engine that was never designed for this type of game. Although the dev team is over 100+ members, how many of them are unpaid interns or members of other BI dev teams working part time on dayz? One could say that the money secured during open alpha can be used to further development of the project, but without the guarantee of a positive return, why would BI waste funds doing so?

Multiplying your dev team and associated costs by such a factor sure sounds like a good way to piss away your hard thieved money don't you think?

Maybe it's just some Cossack money washing scheme for funneling arms through the Crimea.

You'd have thought Dean would just be having Bunga Bunga parties up Mt. Everest with a haul like that if he really wanted to do a 'The Producers' imitation, Berlusconi stylin.

22843f504039ab746a1f130de34dd5906fd83b96

Enough is enough. The game is an ALPHA. It was advertised as such and still is every day when you press the big I UNDERSTAND button. It is what is. Don't like it take a break. Come back in a year. You probably would have had to wait a couple of years if early access wasn't granted. It will be finished when it's finished. Stop displaying such ignorance and entitlement "I want it now working perfectly" nonsense. Again, don't like it? Don't play it? There are soooooo many games out there to play. I want a new Fallout. I don't even know if it's in the works. Are they working on an ALPHA? Don't know. But it has been years since New Vegas. I feel very privileged to be able not just to know but also allowed to be involved in my favorite games's development. For what? Less than a full tank of gas for my car. Don't worry. Be happy.

And furthermore, to suggest that BI took your money and now don't care to even finish the game is just utter ridiculousness. They are a huge company that makes good games. Why in the world would they ruin their reputation for a few measly dollars? In business reputation is everything. Just look at other companies who sold their reputations for a few dollars more.

I don't know why I even post. I guess I just like a little confrontation. I read the forums to learn a little. But each and everyday the same tired whining and complaining. Yeah, I know. You can save your little typing fingers, you can say the same. But there is one huge difference between me and you. I am intelligent enough to know what it is I bought and try and be helpful. I also have patience and the understanding that any great undertaking takes time.

I don't feel entitled to anything more than I already have and will receive. I also have no clue (zero) what it takes to put together a game (any game).

Flame me, curse me, call me names but my argument can't be broken.

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 5

I bet 95% of people on this board have never even written "Hello World" in any programming language before.  Please don't provide your technical analysis of game development if you have absolutely zero clue as to what goes on.

• Like 3

..//..

And brining this POS to PS4... lol I'd bet money it's another "Alpha" that never gets finished.

OK !  - How much do you want to put up ?

xx

I'd like to see solid proof from the people who are saying "They got yo monies, now they no finish game"

Have they stopped doing updates? Have they stopped bug fixing? Have they stopped making new content?

Edited by RagedDrew
  • Like 1

So they had to change everything to make fit to the new engine.

And now they're realising that the new engine isn't capable enough to handle the game?!

Do you have a source that the new engine wont come?

I'd like to see solid proof from the people who are saying "They got yo monies, now they no finish game"

Of course, because there is none. Just a bunch of impatient kids or otherwise cynical trolls whining about the game.

• Like 2

So much bullying behaviour ITT. The OP and others have a point of view, and it's one I sometimes share when the game screws me over. The fundamental issue here is that everyone (willingly) parted with their cash for a game that's very, very glitched/hacked/laggy/buggy.

You can have all the alpha warnings you like, but that doesn't mean people won't have expectations of progress on some of these fundamental problems. And if they have, let them express that without personally insulting them. Then explain to them why they might have misunderstood, or that you disagree, without calling them a whiney kid, troll, sucker, etc, etc. It's just depressing.

• Like 4

Of course, because there is none. Just a bunch of impatient kids or otherwise cynical trolls whining about the game.

I am a cynic as well and this cynic now tells everyone:

1. there are people being hired from this money
  2. it takes for these people to find their spots in the team
  3. it also takes time for them to get affiliated with their work
  4. we already see the money being spent well and we see the results of this

Anything else the trolls spout out are just straight lies and they know it. Anyone that can read more than 5 words in the DevBlogs knows those are lies.

I actually do like where this discussion is going and there is no need to derail it this way - as so many people in this community have proven that this discussion can be a good and supportive one.

But if the random lies of Bohemia shutting DayZ down will continue, actions will be taken against this.

• Like 7

Anything else the trolls spout out are just straight lies and they know it. Anyone that can read more than 5 words in the DevBlogs knows those are lies.

I know it's lies, you know it and like you said anyone who actually reads up on the devblogs know it.

However me being me I like to give these guys the chance to dig their own grave a little more each time they commen, nothing better than letting the rest of the community see how silly they are.