Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

They have a system for random item drops, and basically they'll just disappear if they aren't interacted with for x amount of time.

Just to let everyone here know. Rocket has stated before that audio will be the last thing they work on. As he said audio is the easiest things to make and fix. So it'll be a long while before they implement the new sounds and fix issues with it. 

Glow sticks...

So I haven't had much success finding gear or food in the latest exp build, but there's evidence of ravers ERRRRRYWHURRR!

• Like 1

They are still working on the respawn thing for loot; occasionally you will see an N-space stack of random this or that - another reason they are going to do a wipe soon.  If I eat a green bell pepper, and there is another occupying the same space, then eat a green bell pepper, and find one still there, and eat that... and so on, it seems a bit of a cheat even while I am doing it.  When it comes to magazines and ammo doing the same thing, it really is an unfair advantage - though I admit I would love to find a huge stack of MP5 mags just to play with!

So, since my characters will die next week anyhow, I am doing some deeper exploring of the map and taking some risks, as I consider myself expendable at this point.

Z

• Like 1

no time to take off my shirt, run for the small office building ..

You can acces your inventory while running.

So, since my characters will die next week anyhow, I am doing some deeper exploring of the map and taking some risks, as I consider myself expendable at this point.

This is me too, I'm wandering around all those mil-loot hot-spots that I usually avoid just for tourism.

• Like 1

Just to let everyone here know. Rocket has stated before that audio will be the last thing they work on. As he said audio is the easiest things to make and fix. So it'll be a long while before they implement the new sounds and fix issues with it. 

The sounds themselves yes, but usually the triggers and placeholders would be in place by now. You're not going to wait till the final stages of development to decide what needs to make sound and start hooking all that up. All the components of a game get worked on simultaneously, on going. I'm not seeing evidence of this in the drops we've been getting. I could rant on for hours about this, but instead I'll just say this: there has never been any audio for doors in the 8+ years of developing this engine. I don't have much faith that audio is going to get to where it needs to be for a game like this.

Edited by JubeiDOK

The sounds themselves yes, but usually the triggers and placeholders would be in place by now. You're not going to wait till the final stages of development to decide what needs to make sound and start hooking all that up. All the components of a game get worked on simultaneously, on going. I'm not seeing evidence of this in the drops we've been getting. I could rant on for hours about this, but instead I'll just say this: there has never been any audio for doors in the 8+ years of developing this engine. I don't have much faith that audio is going to get to where it needs to be for a game like this.

As of right now there are simple place holder sounds and triggers. The actual sounds are worked on, but the focus is not on sound until towards the end. Also you should get your facts straight. This game came out on Dec 16 2013. They are using a new engine named "Infusion." Which came out with the standalone of course. I don't know where you got the 8+ years. In short the engine was created less then a year ago and is still in progress. Once the main features are put in then they'll focus on sound and implement and debug it. So be patient and they'll do there due diligence. 

Edited by Kronons

When I play with my friends, often times there are gunshots that only one or two of us hear and the rest don't. Its awful IMO

As of right now there are simple place holder sounds and triggers. The actual sounds are worked on, but the focus is not on sound until towards the end. Also you should get your facts straight. This game came out on Dec 16 2013. They are using a new engine named "Infusion." Which came out with the standalone of course. I don't know where you got the 8+ years. In short the engine was created less then a year ago and is still in progress. Once the main features are put in then they'll focus on sound and implement and debug it. So be patient and they'll do there due diligence. 

Dude, that's like saying that the Unreal engine has nothing to with the Unreal 4 engine. A name change is a marketing ploy to do exactly what it did for you, allow you do believe this is some all new engine. You can have faith all you want, I don't. The audio design in this game is terrible and I believe it will always be that way because it always has been. The only good audio that ever came out of an ArmA game is distant gun fire and maybe helos.  

Friends and I were playing on Exp northeast 0-8 last night and having a good time helping out the bambis and what not , when we had some fun collecting gloves and loading them all into a backpack we found laying on the ground chuckling about some one finding it and then went on our way. Well that was at 2 AM eastern , it was late server reset message came up and we logged for the night. those servers resest every 4 hours , when i logged into the same server at 12 noon eastern , 10 hours and 2 server resets later , low and behold the backpack full of gloves was still there , as well as a .22 clip i dropped after emptying out the ammo. has anyone else noticed things like that ? seems odd even for the experimental branch , perhaps persistence testing of items ?

Yep thats true, me and my mate tested it on stable a few days ago.

Containers like backpacks lasted a longer amount of time than items which were placed on the floor without containers. But now we cant join the server because of that server restart loop thing.

Hopefully it comes back before the BIG wipe so we can check which type of gear survived. We putted backpacks, and those yellow cases on the floor and everything was there after server restart. Every item has persistence now...

Klickhttp://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/207759-reddit-eugenharton-on-persistence/

Edited by imun
  • Like 1

Dude, that's like saying that the Unreal engine has nothing to with the Unreal 4 engine. A name change is a marketing ploy to do exactly what it did for you, allow you do believe this is some all new engine. You can have faith all you want, I don't. The audio design in this game is terrible and I believe it will always be that way because it always has been. The only good audio that ever came out of an ArmA game is distant gun fire and maybe helos.  

Well if you hate it that much then don't play. Uninstall Dayz...No need to be such a douche about it. Read what I said closer. I said "new engine." I never said it was an "all new engine"...sigh if you read and watch the dev interviews you would know that they took the parts they needed from the arma engine and rewrote the rest of the engine to fit what they needed in the standalone. Thus a new engine called "Infusion." Geez, do some research before you start spouting dumb stuff. Anyways not sure why I even replied. Later won't reply back to a douche like you. Also you have been ignored sir. xD

Edited by Kronons

You can acces your inventory while running.

If I do that while sprinting I go to the Steam screen and stop dead in my tracks.  If I just run I get wacked.

Edited by Barnabus

You'll have to momentarily release the shift key, press tab to open inventory then get back on the shift key. You'll only stop sprinting for a very short time if you do it right

If I do that while sprinting I go to the Steam screen and stop dead in my tracks.  If I just run I get wacked.

Or you can change your binds so you aren't pressing shift+tab, I use 'G' for inventory.

Strange isnt the default run setting Wx2?? i havent changed my running key binds and thats what it is for me if i hold shift and W it makes me walk... But as SmashT pointed out you can always change keybinds.

Yep thats true, me and my mate tested it on stable a few days ago.

Containers like backpacks lasted a longer amount of time than items which were placed on the floor without containers. But now we cant join the server because of that server restart loop thing.

Hopefully it comes back before the BIG wipe so we can check which type of gear survived. We putted backpacks, and those yellow cases on the floor and everything was there after server restart. Every item has persistence now...

Klickhttp://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/207759-reddit-eugenharton-on-persistence/

If your the gents on Exp 0-8 that left the pelican cases on the floor of the electro firestation and an improvised backpack ,, Thank You !! lol man did i need those , it was like christmas walking in there and finding that . :D

• Like 1

If your the gents on Exp 0-8 that left the pelican cases on the floor of the electro firestation and an improvised backpack ,, Thank You !! lol man did i need those , it was like christmas walking in there and finding that . :D

No way dude :P our camp is hidden much better. We placed the stuff in stable build ^^.

• Like 1

Or you can change your binds so you aren't pressing shift+tab, I use 'G' for inventory.

ah, but for me 'g' is throw. My keyboard sucks though.

Had a good run today.  Spent 4 hours split between two different servers running the NW to SW corridor.  I was struggling to find 7.63/39mm ammo for my AKM for the last couple days and was down to  7 rounds.  This was my own fault as I was carrying two primary weapons, an AKM in hand and an M4 off of a helo crash site I had found last weekend.  As such, my melee weapon, axe of course, was getting rusty from not being used.  I had lost too many primaries in the past, literally lost in the weeds switching to melee so I decided to use the AKM for all threats, although being that the server population was low, said threats were Zed's/Infected exclusively.

Knowing all to well that weapons fire on Zed's/Infected is not all that bright given the current build, but WTF, lots of ammo, a couple 75 round drums, and a few 30's as backup, lets rock.  Now mind you this was over the last couple of days of using the AKM to dispatch whatever crossed paths with me.  Long story short, I depleted all but those 7 AKM rounds taking out Zed's/Infected and their reincarnated brethren.  I can not tell you how many times I was forced to run my ass out of town after getting beaten half to death attempting to loot and manage the unrest all at the same time.

So finally, I stumble across another helo crash site.  This had taken days for me to find, btw, I'm not  a hopper, but I do know the routes and had been attempting to take advantage of that.  Still, so many hours logged, miles/kilometers traversed, jacket is ruined, pants are ruined, even had a Markov w/clip ruined.  So on the helo site, I find an ACOG and an ammo box, both pristine, and I hadn't seen either in a month.  So all in all, a good day.  Oh and I did finally dump the AKM in the weeds, with a PSO scope btw.  It just seems that 5.56 spawns a bit more frequently as of late.

Speaking of key bindings, getting back to Barnabus's post... 

Key bindings are sort of a problem/opportunity for some of us. WASD was not around back in the day and those first entering the era of the FP shooter genre had to mess around a lot to find a comfortable key arrangement that was efficient.  I still to this day do not use the default WASD bindings, it just seems all wrong.  Home key is "F", as in how all keyboards are setup for typing, so "F" for me is forward, "D" is backward, "E" is strafe left, "R" is strafe right.  Tab, like in many games is inventory, though "A" is run, or double tap "F" in DAYZ.  Reload is "V" and to throw something is mouse button 4, etc. etc.  Probably sounds strange, but when I type, fingers go straight to home keys and that just seems to fit for me.

ah, but for me 'g' is throw. My keyboard sucks though.

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

Is it intended or already known that trousers, jackets, hoodies, shirts or every other clothes with slots don't get saved in tents and backpacks when you hide them on the map?

At least shoes, boots, headgears, bandanas etc. don't get deleted in tents and backpacks...

Edited by Sharplooter

@Super_Duty

beans for the revolutionary keybindings! :D

Yeah, but apparently not too favorable based on popular opinion. Oh well.  At least I got the "C" key set for crouch...lol.  

@Super_Duty

beans for the revolutionary keybindings! :D

• Like 1

So I logged onto Central 0-4 for a couple minutes this morning and it was night time! This bodes well.