Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

I could not find a thing, and I do not know that part of the map. Saw no lakes, streams, wells, apples,and etc... There needs to be a consistent food & water wave to allow you the time to explore other sources. Food should be hard to find, but if you're going to spawn people with out hunting, fishing, & defensive materials. There needs to be a little shove to get you on your way. What good are looted towns? People just run around with crowbars and swing at each other. & When you die, you spawn back up were you originally were, where there is no food, water, etc. It gets BORING REAL FAST. Give new spawns a push in the right direction, able them the chance to get materials to survive. Don't just make it the "Luck of the spawn", make it playable, Unacceptable experiential game state, absolute boredom. Nothing is obtainable = absolute boredom. Towns need food. Towns need supplies. Or else they are worthless. 

I did not pay 30 dollars to run around for 40 mins & starve to death. I would not mind starving to death, if I had materials to look & hunt for food myself, but failed.(Could force me into a town? Put me in a disparate situation were I need food or water now. Could make for interesting combat.) But heaving freashes survive on towns spawns, they need to have supplies. Or else this game is gonna suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk hardddddddd.

Ever thought of changing servers? I don't have any problem at all finding everything I need on experimental... (And I don't even change servers... I stick with the same one for at least 2 hours, which lets you run to about everywhere... Takes 20 mins from the NEAF to get to the NWAF...)

xds7rt.jpg

Dude!  Where did you find the Pelican case?  I have been looking all over for those.

Z

Backpacks are persistance items ? or only tents persistance ? I read somwhere but I cant remember that was saying backpacks doesnt disappear after restart ? I tried today I put my backpack in forest in pine tree and I log out then I came back same server nextday, there is no backpack ?

I could not find a thing, and I do not know that part of the map. Saw no lakes, streams, wells, apples,and etc... There needs to be a consistent food & water wave to allow you the time to explore other sources. Food should be hard to find, but if you're going to spawn people with out hunting, fishing, & defensive materials. There needs to be a little shove to get you on your way. What good are looted towns? People just run around with crowbars and swing at each other. & When you die, you spawn back up were you originally were, where there is no food, water, etc. It gets BORING REAL FAST. Give new spawns a push in the right direction, able them the chance to get materials to survive. Don't just make it the "Luck of the spawn", make it playable, Unacceptable experiential game state, absolute boredom. Nothing is obtainable = absolute boredom. Towns need food. Towns need supplies. Or else they are worthless. 

I did not pay 30 dollars to run around for 40 mins & starve to death. I would not mind starving to death, if I had materials to look & hunt for food myself, but failed.(Could force me into a town? Put me in a disparate situation were I need food or water now. Could make for interesting combat.) But heaving freashes survive on towns spawns, they need to have supplies. Or else this game is gonna suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk hardddddddd.

Welcome to post apocalyptic living, things arent going to be handed out like they are in other games. All it takes is a few minutes of combing through a few posts to find out things weren't spawning correctly in experimental and you would have to fend for yourself. It only took me a time or two of dying from starvation to come to the boards and find out what I needed to do to survive until they fixed the loots spawn.

I was too used to the good life on stable build, plenty of food, drink, guns, ammo and stuff everywhere. It took some serious adjustment to my play style but at least I won't die from hunger or thirst, yes I get it that having canned food/drink is convenient but I enjoy foraging and the hunting/fishing mechanic way too much now to go back to having canned good litter my inventory.

With the extra space I can now pack more medical supplies to aid in my wasteland medic adventure, sure I still get killed by players but at least I will die with a full belly.

I know some hardline realistic players are going to knife me for this, but if you are having a hard time finding water, Alt Tab http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus map and find out where you are, and where is a water source. No excuse to die.

I know some hardline realistic players are going to knife me for this, but if you are having a hard time finding water, Alt Tab http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus map and find out where you are, and where is a water source. No excuse to die.

^^this. Try to remember locations of apple trees and berrie bushes for the future when you find them. If you don't know them, find out on google or youtube how the berrie bushes look like (red berries,  not the blue ones). If you find it hard to remember the locations at the beginning (don't know how long you have played), write down the coordinates. I don't think there is a place on the map where I could not find an apple tree or berrie bush withing 5 minutes. Ok exaggerating, there are a few areas where I have never been, for example the very north west. Or generally so far west or north that you can see the debug lands, but I will also not starve in those places when I'm not there... . Sooner or later you get to know the map.

And you can go pretty far with your starting char, I think about 45 minutes, maybe? My biggest problem when absolutely nothing useful was lying around was bleeding - only had 2 rags from my shirt.

Edited by bautschi

Exactly! As I've said previously, there is a reason for the term "survival" in this genre.  Some can and some never will,  I suspect those that can't should just throw in the towel now and save the resources for those of us that can... Oh, wait, was that not politically correct? Sorry, my apologies if I may have hurt some feelings.

Haven't starved since the first few days of the new patch. This would definitely add to the survival aspect of the game but I realize some folks are too busy going pew pew to stop and look for food.

• Like 1

Welcome to post apocalyptic living, things arent going to be handed out like they are in other games. All it takes is a few minutes of combing through a few posts to find out things weren't spawning correctly in experimental and you would have to fend for yourself. It only took me a time or two of dying from starvation to come to the boards and find out what I needed to do to survive until they fixed the loots spawn.

I was too used to the good life on stable build, plenty of food, drink, guns, ammo and stuff everywhere. It took some serious adjustment to my play style but at least I won't die from hunger or thirst, yes I get it that having canned food/drink is convenient but I enjoy foraging and the hunting/fishing mechanic way too much now to go back to having canned good litter my inventory.

With the extra space I can now pack more medical supplies to aid in my wasteland medic adventure, sure I still get killed by players but at least I will die with a full belly.

This "welcome to the apocalypse son", is lazy. IT IS A GAME, NOT REAL LIFE. I bought it to have FUN. I am going to complain if I'm not having fun. I want balance. 

And this is a really sarcastic response, and it is horribly written dude. 

• Like 1

Exactly! As I've said previously, there is a reason for the term "survival" in this genre.  Some can and some never will,  I suspect those that can't should just throw in the towel now and save the resources for those of us that can... Oh, wait, was that not politically correct? Sorry, my apologies if I may have hurt some feelings.

Once a gain another sarcastic smart butt response from someone who knows it all. "It's to hard for you" approach.  Please leave the forum, no one wants to be talked to like this. It is inappropriate, and just makes you look like an ***.

What I am saying, is that last nights test was a complete flop. Food & water we in such a bleak supply it really hurt the game. Those of us unlucky enough to find supplies, were not happy. It was first come first serve to an extreme. Spawn points need to be changed, loot needs to re spawn. Overflow & overpopulation of areas made it bad. 

I'm on this forum to report this problem, you're on it just to be a ****

• Like 1

This "welcome to the apocalypse son", is lazy. IT IS A GAME, NOT REAL LIFE. I bought it to have FUN. I am going to complain if I'm not having fun. I want balance.

And this is a really sarcastic response, and it is horribly written dude.

I an sorry you feel I was being sarcastic, as I was not. You bought into an early release alpha test phase of Dayz standalone, things aren't always gonna be sunshine and rainbows and add to the fact that you are playing on the experimental server where things aren't quite ready to be pushed to stable makes me want to ask you one question....here goes, did you read the giant fucking disclaimer they put on the steam page before you buy in or even log into the game?

Standalones experimental branch is full of all sorts of bugs, quirks and broken features. I'm sorry but perhaps there is more fun for you on the stable branch, as we are supposed to be testing here on experimental not playing to see who can collect the most stuff

Edited by Tobias Winfro

I an sorry you feel I was being sarcastic, as I was not. You bought into an early release alpha test phase of Dayz standalone, things aren't always gonna he sunshine and rainbows and add to the fact that you are playing on the experimental server where things aren't quite ready to be pushed to stable makes me want to ask you one question....here goes, did you read the giant fucking disclaimer they put on the steam page before you buy in or even log into the game?

Standalones experimental branch is full of all sorts of bugs, quirks and broken features. I'm sorry but perhaps there is more fun for you on the stable branch, as we are supposed to be testing here on experimental not playing to see who can collect the most stuff

No need to cuss.

Yes I read the disclaimer, yes I know it is an alpha, yes I know it was experimental. 

What I don't understand is the backlash of sarcasm FOR REPORTING PROBLEMS. I'm on a forum meant to REPORT PROBLEMS. I REPORTED THE PROBLEM, and now I having to talk to the trolls instead of informing the admins that this could be a potential problem if it goes to stable. 

Dude!  Where did you find the Pelican case?  I have been looking all over for those.

Z

Restaurant, red 1 floor building, in the middle part. (between the dinning area and rooms)

No need to cuss.

Yes I read the disclaimer, yes I know it is an alpha, yes I know it was experimental. 

What I don't understand is the backlash of sarcasm FOR REPORTING PROBLEMS. I'm on a forum meant to REPORT PROBLEMS. I REPORTED THE PROBLEM, and now I having to talk to the trolls instead of informing the admins that this could be a potential problem if it goes to stable.  This forum is just a place to discuss the current Experimental build. If you have a a bug to report this is correct place to report it. http://feedback.dayzgame.com/

I'm on this forum to report this problem, you're on it just to be a ****

Just keep in mind that we're playing the same game you are and at least an aspect of what you are describing as a problem is something we enjoy. The loot system is not finished, if you're not having fun now, don't waste your time. Check back with the next patch and see if you like things better. Or, see if you can't pick up some tips for survival that may make things more enjoyable for you.

Edited by Ebrim

Don't worry, man.   Along with using http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/83-bug-reports/ be sure to keep posting about your likes and dislikes about the Experimental release of DayZ Standalone.   I don't think some of these guys understand that this forum was created for exactly that, discussing anything related to Experimental.   Don't be discouraged.   Just don't let their Holier-Alpha-Tester-Than-Thou attitude thwart your desire to share your thoughts about Experimental, Bugs or Not.   Keep being excited about this game and how you want to see it developed!

No need to cuss.

What I don't understand is the backlash of sarcasm FOR REPORTING PROBLEMS. I'm on a forum meant to REPORT PROBLEMS. I REPORTED THE PROBLEM, and now I having to talk to the trolls instead of informing the admins that this could be a potential problem if it goes to stable. 

• Like 1

What I don't understand is the backlash of sarcasm FOR REPORTING PROBLEMS.

People tried to help you and give advise, which you failed to understand.

Your  REPORTING PROBLEMS ranting is disrupting the Topic.

Please refrain.

• Like 3

is there a current experimental test going on ? I did the opt in,, I recived a very small update  , my library says Eperimental , but I have been able to log onto our stable server (=LIGS= server) ???

is there a current experimental test going on ? I did the opt in,, I recived a very small update  , my library says Eperimental , but I have been able to log onto our stable server (=LIGS= server) ???

with the current exp and stable versions you are able to join either stable or experimental servers and that's with either the stable client running or the experimental client. not sure about the little update that comes when you opt in or out of betas tho. I have been able to join either type of server with no issues using both clients.

• Like 1

Ok, now whoever was complaining about Novo spawn and lack of food there, ive realised i am near Novo, So i logged in for a little stroll... Within about 30 minutes to maybe an hour i found two wells right next to each other and at least six apple trees!! Trees were buggy at beggining, and i was walking around looking for like 15 minutes but then i spammed the search and come up with for almost instant apples! Ive got screenshots to show you where it is but i dont know how to post them here...

New experimental build today? Please please please?

i always hear the shots wen i am in the big town or close to airport sometime is one shot so is probly one person kill zombie sometime is 2 or 3 gun full auto then i realis is bandit clan doing murder so i go safer place like a bush or in the house always prone stay vary quiet no move and WAIT SEE WHAT IS HAPPEN sometime they going away sometime i hear many voice and i felt afraid but most time i dont hear nothin more so i do crouch walk to the forest looking always my back

Edited by Shrub Rocketeer ™
  • Like 2

That <100kb update is probably only to tell the server if you are on exp or stable. It probably only changes what chars you load. The game is a combination of server and client. The client for exp is now the same as for stable. So you playing the game is basically the same. What can (not must) differ is the server. Loot spawns, weather changes, ... whatever the server tells the client about AND is already impemented in the client to be used can change. I'm not sure if there is currently a difference, but I could imagine that they continued to refine loot spawning on the servers. Maybe they did something else that is completely server side, like server performance, sanity checks against whatever, they wrote about removing duping in the devblog, .... many possibilities.

Edited by bautschi