Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

Is there any point in updating to experimental at this point? I always prefer to play on experimental servers because the player base is so much better than stable.

Is there any point in updating to experimental at this point? I always prefer to play on experimental servers because the player base is so much better than stable.

At this very moment, experimental and stable are the same or so similar that you can play either with the same set of files. It looks from the status update that this will cease being the case sometime this week with the a new experimental patch leading up to 0.49 release next week (?).

thats maybe because of duping.

No, you really find them everywhere. And I'm not talking about 1h restart servers. Currently we are actually looking to replace them with 101s - thats what I would call DayZ first world problems. And I even died about 4 or 5 ingame hours ago... .

What we can't find are M4s, only attachments.

EDIT: And of course there are dupers, just saying you easily get them without doing so.

Edited by bautschi

thats maybe because of duping.

not entirely though... I went on the balota-nwaf run on a medium population server and found 1 ak101, 2 akm, two 30rnd mags and 4 drums lol

Dupers don't have any reason for dupe anymore, iirc I said this 1 hour after 0.48 were released :)

yeah normally its like this. but most guys dupe their gear to get into fight in berezino quick

yeah normally its like this. but most guys dupe their gear to get into fight in berezino quick

Lol, Bohemia Interactive should release a Dayz SA DLC for this type of players soon -> "Quick Starter Pack"

Features:

- spawn only in or around Berezino

- spawn fully energized and hydrated

- spawn with zombie (hit) immunity -> no need for axe anymore

- spawn with (assault) rifle incl. 3 magazines/clips

- spawn with chosen military clothing (camo, black or "badass" bandit-skin from the mod)

- spawn with 1 random scope (ACOG, PSO-1 or LRS)

- spawn with a first aid kit incl. 2 x morphine, 2 x bandages, 1 x epi-pen, 1 x Methylphenidate)

- spawn with a decent hunter backpack incl. 4 protector cases

- spawn with the DLC exclusive Balistic Vest

- spawn with the DLC exclusive ->working<- silencer

- steam "kill"-achievements (per 1000 kills cool random unlocks like SVD, SVU or VSS)

- unique DLC exclusive servers (no longer disturbance by survivalists) 

I am sure some people would easily pay 20 bucks for it, probably each month... :D

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 1

Lol, Bohemia Interactive should release a Dayz SA DLC for this type of players soon -> "Quick Starter Pack"

Features:

- spawn only in or around Berezino

- spawn fully energized and hydrated

- spawn with zombie (hit) immunity -> no need for axe anymore

- spawn with (assault) rifle incl. 3 magazines/clips

- spawn with chosen military clothing (camo, black or badass bandit-skin from the mod)

- spawn with 1 random scope (ACOG, PSO-1 or LRS)

- spawn with a first aid kit incl. 2 x morphine, 2 x bandages, 1 x epi-pen, 1 x Methylphenidate)

- spawn with a decent hunter backpack incl. 4 protector cases

- spawn with the DLC exclusive Balistic Vest

- spawn with the DLC exclusive ->working<- silencer

- steam "kill"-achievements (per 1000 kills cool random unlocks like SVD, SVU or VSS)

- unique DLC exclusive servers (no longer disturbance by survivalists) 

I am sure some people would easily pay 20 bucks for it, probably each month... :D

And the name of the dlc would be DayZ Cod Edition  :lol:

And the name of the dlc would be DayZ Cod Edition  :lol:

And to get not in trouble with activisions trademark they could say COD stands just for "cash on delivery" ;)

• Like 1

I had just played on EXP for the first time again in a couple of weeks. I had thought they were the same because of the version number so went where all the players were, but EXP is def still different and better. Respawning items occurs at a different rate, slower it seems, and high value gear is weighted pretty low when it comes to respawns. Ammo for weaker weapons seems to be more highly avail, while ammo for the higher tier stuff requires you to look harder, travel further. Another huge difference, for me at least, is the frame rate of thrown objects. An item flying through the air is no longer a slide show and occurs at the same frame rate your game is running at.

Anyone that is having too hard a time finding food and stuff on EXP is just not travelling around enough and searching everywhere. Hell, I found 3 guns alone on one of the platforms of the radio tower north of Svet and 2 Mosins in Hobo's industrial yard. Along with plenty of food along the way, a trip from the ship to Hobo was quite lucrative. I swear some peeps must be circling the same building repeatedly, expecting to find something new inside every time they enter.  

• Like 1

OK, so this is a biggie and before I report this bug has anyone else noticed it?  So I am on a South central experimental regular server.  I am in the Balota Air Base area at the Jail on the East side of the base by the Warehouse, in the jail there is a ruined mountain ruck with various ruined items in side of it.  Annoyed by this I dump the items out of the ruck and carry on.  I make my way around and get to the tent city, there, by one of broken down Zils I find about 10 pairs of boots spawned on to of one another.  Ok, ok, so with me so far?  I decide to bounce to a different South Central Regular Server and guess what, in the jail is the exact same ruck with the exact same stuff back inside the ruck, WTF??? 

I KNOW it's a different server because the one before the time just at sunset and this one was around midnight.  So I run over to the Zil truck, yep, there are the boots.  Now I run over to the bunker on the east side of the tent city and dump a machete, 28 .308 rounds and some sticks, then I log off right there, log into yet a different sount central server (this one was early afternoon) and there's the machete, the .308 round and the sticks, all right where I left them on the previous server. I run over to the truck, but there are no boots. 

Weird persistence bug, right?  

Edit and add on; I think I know what this is now, if you look at the US South Central Servers you will see that server 0-6 is up on three separate servers, all with differing times.  That is strange...

Edited by Barnabus

OK, so this is a biggie and before I report this bug has anyone else noticed it?  So I am on a South central experimental regular server.  I am in the Balota Air Base area at the Jail on the East side of the base by the Warehouse, in the jail there is a ruined mountain ruck with various ruined items in side of it.  Annoyed by this I dump the items out of the ruck and carry on.  I make my way around and get to the tent city, there, by one of broken down Zils I find about 10 pairs of boots spawned on to of one another.  Ok, ok, so with me so far?  I decide to bounce to a different South Central Regular Server and guess what, in the jail is the exact same ruck with the exact same stuff back inside the ruck, WTF??? 

I KNOW it's a different server because the one before the time just at sunset and this one was around midnight.  So I run over to the Zil truck, yep, there are the boots.  Now I run over to the bunker on the east side of the tent city and dump a machete, 28 .308 rounds and some sticks, then I log off right there, log into yet a different sount central server (this one was early afternoon) and there's the machete, the .308 round and the sticks, all right where I left them on the previous server. I run over to the truck, but there are no boots. 

Weird persistence bug, right?  

Hives?

Hives?

All were Public experimental

Edited by Barnabus

It is persistent, but the system isn't perfect yet.  Also, somebody can come along and nick your stuff.

And then there is the problem with the servers going into restart loop.  I have an AKM and some drums on a server that hasn't been available for three days.  I hope they are still there, there was something said about a time limit for persistence outside of tents.

Z

Even in tents are time limits at least for clothing with slots (trousers, hoodies, shirts etc.). The persistence system isn't working properly, neither on exp nor on stable. And there are also some other bugs, which I better don't describe again. 

Hobo's industrial yard. Along with plenty of food along the way, a trip from the ship to Hobo was quite lucrative.

Where is "Hobo"? If you're incorrectly reading Cyrillic as Latin, there are two cities whose names both start with "Hobo"... Novoselky and Novodmitrovsk. I'm assuming you mean Novodmitrovsk because you mentioned an industrial yard. Just saying, using actual names is less confusing and conveys your message better.

• Like 3

Has anybody got a good explanation why so many servers are offline in the restart cycle?  They claimed they knew what was causing it, and were implementing a fix, but that was over a week ago - and the problem is as bad as ever.  I did manage to access the server I left my stash on - for about a minute, before "no message received".  Can't cover much of the map that way.

Z

Ok if i were to predict when the next exp update is inbound my guess is tomorrow or the weekend  B)

hqdefault.jpg

Surprise, its today

• Like 1

me and my friends shoot a lot at zombies and gas stations and its about 50/50 whether we hear each other's guns at the moment.

REally?  When?  And do you have a link on that?

Thanks!

Z

Other than my own, I havn't heard gun shots in ages. Do you guys think this is due to audio issues or are people just not shooting as much anymore? Is ammo harder to find? With all those pics that people post of their tricked out guns you would think you would hear them being fired at least once in a while. Is there some unwritten rule I don't know about where you can only fire a gun off in The Bear? Come to think of it, I haven't even heard shots there in a long time.

I'd like to hear more distant gun shots. The world is just too silent.

You must kidding or playing low population server. I hearing people with akm much more than before everything possible with server hopping thanks dean.

Where is "Hobo"? If you're incorrectly reading Cyrillic as Latin, there are two cities whose names both start with "Hobo"... Novoselky and Novodmitrovsk. I'm assuming you mean Novodmitrovsk because you mentioned an industrial yard. Just saying, using actual names is less confusing and conveys your message better.

I call the big city Hobo or The Hobo because the downtown core is usually where all the pan handling goes down, that and how it looks on the sign if read as English. Berezino, I call The Bear. The mil base by Vybor, I call The Camels Head. The little hill beside it is The Camels Hump and the Green Mountain radio tower is The Camels Toe, given it can be seen from so far out.

I give places in this game nick names.

• Like 1

I call the big city Hobo or The Hobo because the downtown core is usually where all the pan handling goes down, that and how it looks on the sign if read as English. Berezino, I call The Bear. The mil base by Vybor, I call The Camels Head. The little hill beside it is The Camels Hump and the Green Mountain radio tower is The Camels Toe, given it can be seen from so far out.

I give places in this game nick names.

That actually kind of makes sense. You could use it to speak in "code" :)