Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

Wait... what? There is side and global chat in the SA?

There isn't. There is an exploit, or at least was an exploit, where you could broadcast globally. Not sure if that has been addressed but I've not come across it in a while so maybe it's been closed off.

I'm not sure why the message shown when kicked said global, as it was definitely direct I was using.

• Like 1

So do you guys think there will be another update to experimental soon? i think its been enough time since its been a couple weeks i think? unless there going to take there time to work on a really good update packed in with good stuff for us it could be either one.

So do you guys think there will be another update to experimental soon? i think its been enough time since its been a couple weeks i think? unless there going to take there time to work on a really good update packed in with good stuff for us it could be either one.

I think there will be. In this latest status report they said they wanted to get .49 stable by the end of August. This means in the next week and change. They'll probably roll out changes to experimental first and want to give us a few days to try and break it and give feedback. Weekends are great for getting more people on, so I won't be surprised if we see an update today or tomorrow.

Edited by Ebrim

My interpretation of this DevBlog update is all hands on deck to get 0.49 out.  I suspect we see nothing major unless some need to iterate first exists.  Not sure if server side bug fixes can be made without a client update, but I suspect this happens without us knowing.

As we progress towards the August milestone goal of 0.49 at the end of the month, we will continue to iterate upon the experimental branch with bug fixes and 0.49 intended features.  Additionally worth mentioning is the intended cleanup of the stable hive to coincide with persistent storage and private shards being offered globally across stable branch.

Full Blog can be found here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208484-devblog-status-report-week-of-18-august-14/ with a link to the discussion at the bottom.

• Like 1

Sevrograd needs water in the canals.

• Like 1

yeah you are right man. in my opinion there is no fun, running around like a freshspawn for hours and eating berries/apples and drinking from ponds all the time.

I have noticed that occasionally, if I pick up some useless item (like a book or a stove) sometimes a can of something will spawn in it's place.  I have been finding oranges and zucchini's all over the place.  I think you are right and that the item re-spawn rate needs to be tied to population somehow.   I have noticed that on the consistently lower population servers it is much, much harder to find stuff after a few days than it is on the high pop servers.  Not working as intended I think but I figure they are working on it.

So I log back in to the server I left before work.  My hunters Ruck, everything in it (magazines, Makarov, first aid kit, etc) my Vest and my boots are freaking gone.  So is this a bug or a was I robbed by some hacker (I reported it as a bug but still)?  I still have my AKM with it's 75 rnd magazine and my axe, but not much else.  WTH??

hmm stragne did u try to relog on some other servers?

but yeah sound like u get robbed... no one knows...

I've found that with backpacks on the ground,  were on checking them have nothing, then move them magically items appear.

Try putting it on the ground and putting it back on again.

We are talking Exp Servers I assume.

It has happened to myself that I logged into the Server (DE-08) and my two crafted packs were missing.

Logged back in later and they were there again, just another persistent loot gremlin while WIP !

You misunderstand, the backpack, the vest, gloves and the boots are all missing, they just are not there.  There's nothing to put on the ground and pick up again.  Yes, I tried changing servers like you do when suddenly you are a fresh spawn because the server cannot connect to the data base.  No soap. 

Yes, this is experimental and it is not the first time, this happened to me in 47 too.  Log in boots and pack were gone.

I wish, lag fell to my death in a barn, that character is gone along with a tricked out AKM.  sniffle....

I have noticed that occasionally, if I pick up some useless item (like a book or a stove) sometimes a can of something will spawn in it's place.  I have been finding oranges and zucchini's all over the place.  I think you are right and that the item re-spawn rate needs to be tied to population somehow.   I have noticed that on the consistently lower population servers it is much, much harder to find stuff after a few days than it is on the high pop servers.  Not working as intended I think but I figure they are working on it.

Loot spawning in proportion with sever pop makes a lot of sense to me. If you're on a consistently low pop you'll probably doing a lot of running around and that's okay. As an added benefit it discourages people server hopping to them.

I was in tactical retards server one motherfcker in NEAF he keep getting inside walls ans shooting through walls wtf is that ? My 4 hour gameplay badly shitted by hacker and bad thing is I never can identfy who is hacker cause he shooting through walls how do I suppose to kill him.

Edited by BugZ

Take it like a man, hands off cocks and on with sockschin up, up & at em, stiff upper lip and all !

• Like 2

Can someone what is the actual difference between Exp and Stable? 
What i'm supposed to focus on for see if the new add are fine or not? 

EXP is the testing platform while stable is not!

Can someone what is the actual difference between Exp and Stable? 

What i'm supposed to focus on for see if the new add are fine or not? 

I think at the moment very little (if anything), to the point where you can play on both experimental and stable servers. When we get another proper experimental patch, that'll no longer be the case.

Sadly, I was in a gunfight the other day, and I couldn't hear a single shot. It was in the Berezino apartments, and we were trying to kill some bandits holed up on the top floor.

Many shots = no sound.

I've also been sniped before and no sound whatsoever. Seems as though it's gotten worse with the recent patch, but I can't say for sure.

Friends and I were playing on Exp northeast 0-8 last night and having a good time helping out the bambis and what not , when we had some fun collecting gloves and loading them all into a backpack we found laying on the ground chuckling about some one finding it and then went on our way. Well that was at 2 AM eastern , it was late server reset message came up and we logged for the night. those servers resest every 4 hours , when i logged into the same server at 12 noon eastern , 10 hours and 2 server resets later , low and behold the backpack full of gloves was still there , as well as a .22 clip i dropped after emptying out the ammo. has anyone else noticed things like that ? seems odd even for the experimental branch , perhaps persistence testing of items ?

buddy blew up a gas station yesterday , total silence for both of us , but our other friend 300 meters out in a field hunting down a deer heard it  ,, very odd

If you're having audio issues, please turn up your audio samples. I have an external sound card and I'm able to ramp it up over the norm, but when I do I hear nearly every gunshot (that I can account for at least) however I also hear the consistent ammo-splitting playing over and over or the foot shuffle.

i knew they were testing tents n things ,, but i had no idea they were going to have persistence for items dropped by players all over the place, seems like a huge waste of system rescources