Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

I found 2.

One in the middle of NW airfield and one about 2 clicks east of it. Nothing really special except one had pristine ACOG and the other a hand grenade.

Thank you for the confirmation you have now bolstered my confidence in looking for crash sites  B)

I found 2.

One in the middle of NW airfield and one about 2 clicks east of it. Nothing really special except one had pristine ACOG and the other a hand grenade.

What do people do with hand grenades when they find them? Do they go squirrel them away or something? I've never seen or heard a grenade being used in this game. I suppose it could be because you ca't just hop a single location to acquire them due to them only spawning at crash sites.

What do people do with hand grenades when they find them? Do they go squirrel them away or something? I've never seen or heard a grenade being used in this game. I suppose it could be because you ca't just hop a single location to acquire them due to them only spawning at crash sites.

people are probably trying to stockpile them and save them for the right occasion or just dupe them  <_<

Well so much for my thrid person character, clipped though a wall in the Novo clock tower, next thing I am falling to my death.  Then spawned in Berezino to see a hopper coming at me full speed, no time to take off my shirt, run for the small office building and bam, he hits me, ruins my shirt and I am bleeding, get to the roof, bleed out.  Three more times this happens, finally made it all way to Electro from Solnichy, on the hill above the fire station by the power plant chased by three, kill them, out of bandages, kill another and bleed out again.

I just can't seem to get this 3rd person thing going, my latest starved to death before I left for work in Novo despite having eaten 2 cans of spaghetti, a can of beans and numerous apples. WTFITAA?  Dumped all my gear in a bush before I passed out and died.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

I am fairly sure that only pristine or worn grenades will even work, the rest are duds, but, no one will really know that if you chuck one into the room they are in...

I don't know what others are doing, but I'm holding onto mine. I only have this one and it's my first hand grenade in SA.

Tempted to just test it but I got a fully upgraded AKM and considering my luck I'll probably just blow myself up.

But since I am suicidal I do tend to run with it in hands while looting high risk locations.

I don't know what others are doing, but I'm holding onto mine. I only have this one and it's my first hand grenade in SA.

Tempted to just test it but I got a fully upgraded AKM and considering my luck I'll probably just blow myself up.

But since I am suicidal I do tend to run with it in hands while looting high risk locations.

So before you throw the grenade stash the AKM someplace you can get back to.

Can the server administrators please fix the reboot-looping DayZ US Southwest 0-1 (Experimental/Testing) and DayZ US Southwest 0-5 (Experimental/Testing).  These are the only 2 Third Person servers on the West Coast.

• Like 3

Yes please, the Aus/NZ servers are doing the same thing.

this happen to me 2 time is red text say 'server admin warn dont using group chat' i was get 5 warn then kick after i was join again server i was kick again after i was type in the direct WAT IS GROUP CHAT??? why is punish for type???? is racis against no mic persons

Ok it is IMPOSSIBLE to be racist against people with no mic.  People without mics are NOT a collective that can be termed in any way, shape or form as a "race".  Jeez.  Let's not throw that term around so loosely.

Trust me on this, I am an anthropologist.

But, annoying bug?  Yes, that it certainly is.

Edited by Barnabus

lol bit of a coincidence don't you think.. the exact same things I write down in april! YES april! and now their doing exactly the same.. proof to me that zomboid had this planned before I made that post...

link/forum post/reddit bring it..

if you can't proof anything then I have the right to my post and you just need to shut your hole kid 

Didn't you ever heard Dean talking about all the ideas that he took (with permission) from PZ? Dean and PZ team have even made a live QnA together at some gaming convention. And for your information PZ has been developed since 2 years at least to which your april is pretty much last weekend. I don't have to prove you anything since all info are out there, since YOU made that claim, YOU have to prove that it was your idea. For the name calling part I'm just going to ignore that, if you can't behave and refrain from resorting to that, this is not the place for you. Next, it's a report.

• Like 1

Can you not skin and quarter with a kitchen knife?  Killed a pig a few days ago on Singapore 4 Experimental, pulled my kitchen knife and all I got was view contents and hide body.

Edited by Barnabus

Can you not skin and quarter with a kitchen knife?  Killed a pig a few days ago on Singapore 4 Experimental, pulled my kitchen knife and all I got was view contents and hide body.

Yes, you can. I did it yesterday and made a improvised leather backpack. 

Did you check if the knife is ruined? Doesn't work then. In a different threat someone wasn't able to cut down a tree with his fireaxe, he said it was not ruined, though...

Didn't you ever heard Dean talking about all the ideas that he took (with permission) from PZ? Dean and PZ team have even made a live QnA together at some gaming convention. And for your information PZ has been developed since 2 years at least to which your april is pretty much last weekend. I don't have to prove you anything since all info are out there, since YOU made that claim, YOU have to prove that it was your idea. For the name calling part I'm just going to ignore that, if you can't behave and refrain from resorting to that, this is not the place for you. Next, it's a report.

Let's all chill out about this , we ALL had the idea of crafting arrows since the beginning of standalone , pz wasn't original either considering people have wanted to be able to craft arrows from pillows and chickens feathers since the mod dayz ... I even suggested putting pillows in standalone in December before it arrived and many others did as well until we all found out you can't fletch with pillow feathers :/ ... But seriously everyone in their dayz life at some point has suggested some idea for craft able arrows so let's not try to claim ideas unless you're trying to patent it and make money off of it ;) .

Hey guys, I just had this great idea: crafting arrows! Right? How did no one ever think of this!

Already ingame, you need to think faster next time x)

Did you check if the knife is ruined? Doesn't work then. In a different threat someone wasn't able to cut down a tree with his fireaxe, he said it was not ruined, though...

Yeah I did, it was worn, not ruined.  Wonder why that happened, must be a bug

Okay... there have been so many changes, I can't keep up.  On Experimental, right now, where can I find a 1911?   I finally managed to pick up a couple of mags, but the pistol itself... nowhere.  Over the past week I have wandered up and down, construction sites, "jails", police stations, barracks - nada.  It could be the DayZ curse, of course, just random chance or missing it by minutes.  But I can't find one.  Vests either - forget the SMERSH vest, I can't even find a badly damaged UK vest.

Or an ammo box, or...  What else am I missing?

Thanks!

Z

I found 10+ Longhorns on the road from Dolina to Polana, just outside of Polana on de 0-08 or swe 0-4, not sure. All in one spot. Somehow I can't believe that was duping, I guess they spawned there...

Edited by bautschi

Duplication of loot spawn items are being reported.   They can be anything that normally spawns.   You would be lucky to run across ammo magazines having this issue.  I've seen ammo boxes have this odd issue, too.   I posted a screen-shot in Bug Reporting showing boots that suffered this odd duplication issue.

• Like 1

Duplication of loot spawn items are being reported.   They can be anything that normally spawns.   You would be lucky to run across ammo magazines having this issue.  I've seen ammo boxes have this odd issue, too.   I posted a screen-shot in Bug Reporting showing boots that suffered this odd duplication issue.

That might explain why I saw like 8 empty .22 30-round mags at the Staroye police station all stacked together.

It may be a side-effect of the despawn/respawn cycle.  I saw a backpack with a stack of pens, I have seen dozens of empty mags, orange hats, and so on.  Stuff that somebody wouldn't keep.

Z

Okay... there have been so many changes, I can't keep up.  On Experimental, right now, where can I find a 1911?   I finally managed to pick up a couple of mags, but the pistol itself... nowhere.  Over the past week I have wandered up and down, construction sites, "jails", police stations, barracks - nada.  It could be the DayZ curse, of course, just random chance or missing it by minutes.  But I can't find one.  Vests either - forget the SMERSH vest, I can't even find a badly damaged UK vest.

Or an ammo box, or...  What else am I missing?

Thanks!

Z

I saw a 1911 in a police station, I have been finding both hc, uk vests and smersh backpacks at various military locations.  I do tend to stay as far away from NWAF and Vybor as possible, so I can't speak for those two places.  I actually found a hunters ruck at a Zil truck in the Novo industrial park earlier today.

As far as the ammo can, I cannot confirm but the rumor mill says that they are spawning at Helicrashes. I used to love finding those in the back of a UAZ, it was like getting the CrackerJack Super Bonus Prize.  Heh, course with loot spawn the way it is now I pretty much feel like that whenever I find anything good.

Edited by Barnabus

Welp i was killed today by a crazy person with a grenade in his hand he came in screaming at the the top of his lungs then we all died watch out for suicide bombers everyone!  :o  

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 2