Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

Welp i was killed today by a crazy person with a grenade in his hand he came in screaming at the the top of his lungs then we all died watch out for suicide bombers everyone!  :o  

Wow, what an interesting experiment.

Welp i was killed today by a crazy person with a grenade in his hand he came in screaming at the the top of his lungs then we all died watch out for suicide bombers everyone!  :o  

I actually love that someone did this. Sucks for you though. :(

So one thing that's making me sad playing on exp is being stuck constantly in a 14:00 - 18:00 loop. I miss having a real day-night cycle - which brings up a larger issue that I'm sure goes way back in DayZ lore before my time. Why don't we have time multipliers so we see more of the day?

• Like 2

You're lucky!   The Experimental Southwest servers I usually play on are stuck in a persistent Reboot-Loop.   And the other Experimental Servers that I can connect to around 100 Ping are completely empty of loot.   Those servers have an average of 5 people playing.

So one thing that's making me sad playing on exp is being stuck constantly in a 14:00 - 18:00 loop. I miss having a real day-night cycle - which brings up a larger issue that I'm sure goes way back in DayZ lore before my time. Why don't we have time multipliers so we see more of the day?

You're lucky!   The Experimental Southwest servers I usually play on are stuck in a persistent Reboot-Loop.   And the other Experimental Servers that I can connect to around 100 Ping are completely empty of loot.   Those servers have an average of 5 people playing.

I play on a server which is pretty empty of loot unless you're willing to take long hikes to secluded places and is usually about 5 players, 10 at the best of times.

Well, now we know suicide bombing can be done.  What a way to go. 

I wish the servers were six hours.

I am not too sure if this is true or not but it seems the more people there are on a given server the faster loot seems to spawn.

I thought it was just my timing... but after playing for 6 hours today... the constant restarting is REALLY annoying.

Well, now we know suicide bombing can be done.  What a way to go. 

I wish the servers were six hours.

I am not too sure if this is true or not but it seems the more people there are on a given server the faster loot seems to spawn.

It would make sense if that were the case about faster loot spawning with more players.

One thing that does worry me with loot spawn in general is the weird "duplication" bug we're seeing where you can find a whole lot of iterations of the same item stacked. I was up on Green Mountain earlier and found spots where there like 20 UN helmets or the other day when I saw a ton of 30-round .22 mags. If this is happening in a lot of places it may be taking up "space" for loot spawns elsewhere.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

one rule atm seems to be:

if you can't see the attachments of a gun, you won't be able to hear it shooting. at least from my experience.

had this issue a lot lately when playing with friends. they stood next to me but i couldn't hear them shooting.

one thing, that mostly fixes the issue for me (temporarily) is flushing your game.

press [left shift] and [ - (on the numpad] at the same time, then type "flush".

Works with knife of machete, too. Hm. Did anyone try skinning animals with a hacksaw?

You are right, but I had only a hacksaw and found a deer pelt which somebody left behind. Skinning with hacksaw doesn't work.

Is it upgradable with sticks?

No, its not upgradable with sticks or rope.

• Like 1

Last few days i collect some stuff, died yesterday in stupid gun fights and today found AKM so i decided to pick up my 75mag from my "storage"

S1GzfC.jpg

2nkSlk.jpg

First i was llike "waaat" ? and run to my another stash but it was like last time, nothing extra. Need to figure out why that one is so crazy ;)

btw. today got 700 hours in dayz, i love my job :D

Edited by Grzech

I never got killed by zombies so often like in 0.47/0.48 exp and it happend always the same way without exception :

- the char get stucked (invisibly) in a building, at a different floor or another random obstacle and the player (me) thinks he is already at a different place/location

- the zombie(s) beats out the shit of the (invisible + stucked) char

- the player (me) can't react to this zombie attacks because he is not in range to hit the zombie(s)

- the player (me) tries to run back hecticly and stressed where the zombie(s) literally rapes the (invisible) char

- till the player (me) reaches the zombie, he get knocked out -> dead, killed by a one-hit-wonder -> dead, get broken legs -> dead (in most cases) or ruined to the bones followed by a desperately struggle

So I tried to act on my own advice, NEVER ever enter a building until you killed all zombies who chasing you. But this is in many cases not a effective aid, because when you have killed all zombies that chased you and you enter after that a building, zombies will respawn fast and all of them (and I mean really A L L!!! respawned zombies) will know where you are. It doesn't matter if you are hundreds of meters away OR hundreds of walls are between you and the respawning zombies OR you killed every single zombie silently and stealthy. They just f***** know where you are! Thus you will get in the situation that you are already in a building and zombies will get in too, even when you closed the doors after you.

And I am not willing to call this any longer lags. This are not lags! Even if the devs uses this wrong term. Because your char would be stucked forever if you wouldn't move and thats definitive NOT a time delay. You can proof it on your own when you have the case that thrown items will appear one floor under you or outside the building you are in. Wait a minute or 5 minute at the same position and throw an item again, it will still appear one floor under you or outside the bulding. It doesn't depends on time. It's the same problem which caused the rubberbanding in buildings and the devs didnt solved the problem, they didn't fight the cause (char stucking) they just fought the symptoms and made a (poor) workaround.

Of course there are real lags too, for example when you have a zombie fight at a open field and the zombie hits you even when should not get hit (e.g. after made sidestepps or standing behind the zombies), but this has nothing to do with the problems in the buildings.

I don't know if the game/engine is heavily broken or if it just takes to much time to fix this big game breaker. But I really hope the move to the new engine will finally solve this essential matter.

It cannot be true that I died in 90% of the cases at military areas through zombies and only 10% through players. Although the amount of zombies is ridiculous low.

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 2

Wow, it's worse than I thought. Had a guy unload on me in full auto today from maybe 50 yards out...not a peep.

Aslo, just funny, last night I ran into a group of guys on the side of a hill outside of Elektro. I needed a mercy kill or help healing a fracture and they helped me out by way of mercy kill, but instead of just putting a bullet in my head, they used an axe. 5 guys, all with AKs and they use an axe. What the hell is wrong with people!? They use every little trick n exploit in the book to get their guns and then never use them.....pffft.

The ZED's certainly hear the shots. Popped one in Novy and 8 of his buddies showed up. With only a Makarov and one 8 round clip, running became the only options.

Use melee to keep the zeds/infected count to a manageable level.  If your ping is great than 150, you will get side-swiped either way, typically you won't hear them coming.  Bring lots of bandages, try to get/stay healthy to absorb the damage... all else fails, RUN!  Oh and as you have learned, don't get pinned in a corner.

I never got killed by zombies so often like in 0.47/0.48 exp and it happend always the same way without exception :

- the char get stucked (invisibly) in a building, at a different floor or another random obstacle and the player (me) thinks he is already at a different place/location

- the zombie(s) beats out the shit of the (invisible + stucked) char

- the player (me) can't react to this zombie attacks because he is not in range to hit the zombie(s)

- the player (me) tries to run back hecticly and stressed where the zombie(s) literally rapes the (invisible) char

- till the player (me) reaches the zombie, he get knocked out -> dead, killed by a one-hit-wonder -> dead, get broken legs -> dead (in most cases) or ruined to the bones followed by a desperately struggle

So I tried to act on my own advice, NEVER ever enter a building until you killed all zombies who chasing you. But this is in many cases not a effective aid, because when you have killed all zombies that chased you and you enter after that a building, zombies will respawn fast and all of them (and I mean really A L L!!! respawned zombies) will know where you are. It doesn't matter if you are hundreds of meters away OR hundreds of walls are between you and the respawning zombies OR you killed every single zombie silently and stealthy. They just f***** know where you are! Thus you will get in the situation that you are already in a building and zombies will get in too, even when you closed the doors after you.

And I am not willing to call this any longer lags. This are not lags! Even if the devs uses this wrong term. Because your char would be stucked forever if you wouldn't move and thats definitive NOT a time delay. You can proof it on your own when you have the case that thrown items will appear one floor under you or outside the building you are in. Wait a minute or 5 minute at the same position and throw an item again, it will still appear one floor under you or outside the bulding. It doesn't depends on time. It's the same problem which caused the rubberbanding in buildings and the devs didnt solved the problem, they didn't fight the cause (char stucking) they just fought the symptoms and made a (poor) workaround.

Of course there are real lags too, for example when you have a zombie fight at a open field and the zombie hits you even when should not get hit (e.g. after made sidestepps or standing behind the zombies), but this has nothing to do with the problems in the buildings.

I don't know if the game/engine is heavily broken or if it just takes to much time to fix this big game breaker. But I really hope the move to the new engine will finally solve this essential matter.

It cannot be true that I died in 90% of the cases at military areas through zombies and only 10% through players. Although the amount of zombies is ridiculous low.

Edited by Super_Duty

The ZED's certainly hear the shots. Popped one in Novy and 8 of his buddies showed up. With only a Makarov and one 8 round clip, running became the only options.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'm quite sure 8 is a bit of an exaggeration. =)

I dream of the day I can be attacked by 8 at once. Can't happen though, as they all have to take a number and get in line. =( 

I'm also looking forward to the night cycle coming back.  The twilight scramble to get ready, use of gear that at the moment is wasted, the atmosphere, the sounds and dimension/immersion that it adds to this game.

Oh, nice!   Great news for server reboot-loops and loot not spawning on Experimental.   Loving this Dev Team!

Was there an update but no wipe today?  One of my fav servers broke out of it's reboot loop and, suddenly, my other fav is spawning decent loot again..

Edited by Barnabus

i played some exp yesterday

and i gotta say

THE SOUND BUGS HAVE GOTTEN WORSE! i was not able to hear my friends gun shots at all! not to speak of the random ammo stacking noise, Zombie noises,....

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I'm quite sure 8 is a bit of an exaggeration. =)

I dream of the day I can be attacked by 8 at once. Can't happen though, as they all have to take a number and get in line. =( 

Go to the Elektro's industrial area after a server restart and while jogging around pop a few shots.

I guarantee at least five will show up. Try to lose them by running around and you'll run into more. It's possible that you can form a conga line of eight or more.