leefriendfield

Do you want to see personal statistics on death? ex: Killer, kills, shots fired etc...

Would you like to see statistics on death?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see statistics on death? (Individual player stats)

• Yes, add statistics like your killer, kills, shots fired, injuries etc...
    • No, add no statistics upon death.

I remember a while back the wanting of statistics on death being a hot topic on both here and reddit. My question is do you want these statistics on death?

Edited by LeeFriendField

that would be epic, a long term tracker over all lives would be even better, not a priority imo.

• Like 1

of course, look at the statistics of battlefield 3 for example... they are nice (I know they are not after death but still a good example for me)

• Like 1

As in the player Journal, yes most certainly. 

Global stats do not really interest me as a player but are interesting never the less.

• Like 3

This isn't an arcade shooter. The player should be forced to infer how they died.

• Like 2

This isn't an arcade shooter. The player should be forced to infer how they died.

I don't particularly want to see my own statistics because I don't care but statistics don't magically turn a game into an arcade shooter.

No. It's just another way for people to show how big their epeen is and quite frankly I think it's odd? Like this isn't some Killing Floor, Unreal Tournament, or Quake. You do not need to know your stats, it's not like your gonna go to a MLG tournament or something. xD

no, but KM ran would be cool 

All stats boiled down to one.

"Days since death:"

"Days since spawn:" would be too uplifting

• Like 2

Good idea. It wouldn't ruin immersion since you were already dead tbh, and it would be very interesting to see.

This I'd love to see:

•Players Killed

•Zombies Killed

•Shots fired

•Days survived

•Distamce traveled

Yeah, its a survival game so only thing matters is surviving right?

So like Marchhare said it all boils down on one stat and thats how long youve been alive.

• Like 3

Anytime Stats

Is this for SA then yes most definitely

Maybe stats that reset upon death.

-Players KIlled

-Zombies Killed

-Distance Travelled

Stats on Death

How and who/which player killed you and in what way. May help to reduce PVP as players will know who kill them and know who to kill/not to trust in the future.

Edited by JasonB

All I want is to know how I died, and if shot, by whom, so I can actually create an opportunity to find said person and give him or her a proper kos experience.

• Like 1

I don't care to see mine or anyone's name in lights, kill counts or any of that.

but might be nice to see what (not who) killed you.

"you've been shot.."

"you've bled to death"

"you weren't paying attention and one of those feeble infected 'zombie' things whacked you"

"your leg spontaneously fractured killing you"

"you fell off the last two steps on those stairs and died"

no stats

Yes,at least a death report showing your cause of death,your killer's name,days survived and number of zombies/animals you killed.

There is a big diference between COD and BF3 statistics from the suggested system.You don't have the all-magical TAB button to show

your stats while you are alive,only you can view them at the death screen,it's private information and not public so i don't see how it's turning the game into a competition and is immersion breaking.

(black screen-immersion stops-you are dead-view stats-start from scratch-immerse yourself-repeat)

Dayz survived and distance travelled would do me.

How and who/which player killed you and in what way. May help to reduce PVP as players will know who kill them and know who to kill/not to trust in the future.

I think thats big part of the game, you just dont know who to trust and who killed you. Could be someone from your group that went bandit on you. And the game already gives you a hint where the shot came from, if you listen carefully..

Lastly, why you want reduce pvp? I dont understand why people cry about bandits but its the first time I hear someone wants to reduce PVP in general.

statistics so all deathmatch players can brag on forums about their überskillz and K/D and ImSoAwesomeYouLosersThisIsWhyImPlayingAGameNotIntendedForDeathmatchCuzItsTheOnlyPlaceICanActuallyKillSomething.

No pls, thank you.

Only thing worth saving about your character's are the adventures and stories you live. And the only way to save that is by narrative, something a computer isn't still capable of doing.

• Like 1

statistics so all deathmatch players can brag on forums about their überskillz and K/D and ImSoAwesomeYouLosersThisIsWhyImPlayingAGameNotIntendedForDeathmatchCuzItsTheOnlyPlaceICanActuallyKillSomething.

No pls, thank you.

Only thing worth saving about your character's are the adventures and stories you live. And the only way to save that is by narrative, something a computer isn't still capable of doing.

Yeah this is the only downside I can think of tbh...

Yeah this is the only downside I can think of tbh...

Other than that I would like to be able to see my players statistics as a way of reflecting on that life.

Edited by LeeFriendField

You forgot the option: FUCK NO.

:)

See all stats do is turn average players into stat tracking asshats hell bent on moving up the ladder. They are useless in a game like DayZ. The hours you have played are all anyone needs.

• Like 5

I can't see it working out well. It will just prompt players to kill more. I guess it would make people want to stay alive longer, however they will only do it in order to see a number on their screen when they die and that's just bullshit. Lastly people will just hide in the forest for days or mass murder people in order to brag about their stats. As you can probably tell i'm against it. I hope it never gets implemented, especially if there is a online leaderboard for it.

People will slowly prioritize stats over great experiences, which is why giant MMORPG's and MOBA's are no fun when you take a step back and actually look at them from an outside view. If you need statistics to get your fill out of DayZ, then it is not the right simulator for you.

Edited by Hikurac