Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

If anything they should start by just making a "relieve yourself" option that if ignored causes your pants then footwear to get "soiled" which would cause them to deteriorate faster.

Imo it would be a good reason not to consume suspicious foods or untreated water and to teach proper survival techniques.

If anything they should start by just making a "relieve yourself" option that if ignored causes your pants then footwear to get "soiled" which would cause them to deteriorate faster.

Imo it would be a good reason not to consume suspicious foods or untreated water and to teach proper survival techniques.

Why? Why is the act of shitting yourself and ruining clothing so goddamned necessary? And, for that matter, enticing?

I can happily say that I have never, EVER soiled myself out in the wild. And I've eaten some pretty nasty stuff. 

Do certain people on this forum have poor bowel control? I literally cannot think of a time when I would "ignore" the physiological need to relieve oneself. Either it is required, and stop and I do it, or it can wait, and I wait. There is never a " OH GOD I GOTTA POOP RIGHT NOW -IGNORE- AHHH SHIT EVERYWHERE" reaction. Even with diarrhea, you usually have, at the very least, a few minutes of stomach discomfort as forewarning. It doesn't "ambush" you": you will know you have diarrhea.

• Like 2

I don't see why not so long as it's tastefully done.

Like the camera pans away, I don't want to see shit coming directly from my guys asshole thank you.

Much more simple. Implement a third black screen, like dead and unconcious, just saying: "You are defecating"

I swear, if they implement this and someone makes a shirt out of that line, i will buy it to show my DayZ love :D

Why? Why is the act of shitting yourself and ruining clothing so goddamned necessary? And, for that matter, enticing?

I can happily say that I have never, EVER soiled myself out in the wild. And I've eaten some pretty nasty stuff.

Do certain people on this forum have poor bowel control? I literally cannot think of a time when I would "ignore" the physiological need to relieve oneself. Either it is required, and stop and I do it, or it can wait, and I wait. There is never a " OH GOD I GOTTA POOP RIGHT NOW -IGNORE- AHHH SHIT EVERYWHERE" reaction. Even with diarrhea, you usually have, at the very least, a few minutes of stomach discomfort as forewarning. It doesn't "ambush" you": you will know you have diarrhea.

i agree with you, i'm not in favor of it I just think it would add something to the food choices we make.

I think pooping would be a great idea. We can lay out the poop in the frigid weather to freeze then use it as a stabbing weapon for defence.

That's a pretty retarded idea. If anything, i'd rather see urination. Though i don't expect either.

Hmmm i am rather torn on this whole idea, on 1 hand Diarrhea is a very big potential killer in a survival situation and an extremely common side effect of bacteria from unhealthy practices. On the other hand i dont really want to see human waste being used in some sort of sick grief tool .

So i guess yes i want it in game in a manner that doesnt have the waste as an actual lootable or visible substance but does in some way (be it animation with no visual waste) portray the effects of Diarrhea, i mean we already have vomiting in game ( and of note i have never seen a video of anyone taking a captive and then over eating/drinking to induce vomiting in themselves onto said victim thankfully)

TL'DR yes in as abstract way as the devs can portray the effects of it rather than act of it itself..

Assuming that the devs actually considering this, and this is not just some trolling. This can be implemented in a few ways:

* An extension to the whole stomach mechanic i.e. we will have to find time to poop and might have involuntary bowl movement in certain situation.

* Non voluntary sickness stage, like vomiting.

* Something else?

IMO if it is the former, it will be an annoying/unnecessary extra micromanagement and prone to abuse as 'gesture' (like tea-bagging). If it is the later, i don't see an issue with it. Since so far the Devs had done an outstanding job with Dayz SA stats and medical conditions, I'll wait to something more substantial before i'd throw in my vote.

Majority no?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? You guys aren't any fun, are you?

• Like 1

I am pooping

*cancel animation*

My pants are ruined

Well not ruined but I don't want to wear them any more. 

Much more simple. Implement a third black screen, like dead and unconcious, just saying: "You are defecating"

I swear, if they implement this and someone makes a shirt out of that line, i will buy it to show my DayZ love :D

But then you can't see if anyone or a zombie is coming at you...unless while you're pooping you become invincible XD

It would be a cool thing to have, how many games have pooping? Imagine stalking people, waiting for them to poop and then either holding them up or just running in and stealing their stuff.

There's no reason not to add things like this and sleeping it's a survival game, it's not like it's Resident Evil where you find magical herbs and ammo boxes everywhere it's supposed to be a gritty as real as possible survival experience, what's real about never pooping or pissing?

Especially since days are going to be shorter eventually, meaning if you survive 30+ real hours that's many days in the game without any waste disposal, that would cause serious health problems.

A lot of you bitch about very minor things "killing my immersion!" but not needing to use the toilet doesn't?

I guess it's only immersion killing if it's not convenient huh.

For as often as you'd have to do it it'd be fine to have in the game. You could even try find a house with an outhouse and make it your base so you have freedom to poop and piss as much as you want.

Not sure if people against it just don't want a challenge or don't understand how ridiculous it is for a game like this not to have it, not to mention the severe health issues the player definitely should have.

• Like 1

Some people are failing to see the potential of pooping and how it could be directly tied to deeper and better food mechanics.

Imagine if dayz food had calories attached and in order to sustain yourself you not only needed food but depending on your activity level needed high calorie food.

That you had a simulated digestive system where if you ate nothing but fruit the high fiber results in diarrhea and on the flip side eating too much protein with no fiber results in your character being constipated and getting sick.

Having the food and nutrition system in the game require a balanced diet would help push the realism + survival aspects of the game and further make dayz a harsher more unforgiving experience.

• Like 3

Some people are failing to see the potential of pooping and how it could be directly tied to deeper and better food mechanics.

Imagine if dayz food had calories attached and in order to sustain yourself you not only needed food but depending on your activity level needed high calorie food.

That you had a simulated digestive system where if you ate nothing but fruit the high fiber results in diarrhea and on the flip side eating too much protein with no fiber results in your character being constipated and getting sick.

Having the food and nutrition system in the game require a balanced diet would help push the realism + survival aspects of the game and further make dayz a harsher more unforgiving experience.

I think a more in depth food system is a good plan, but I don't think there actually has to be turds modelled and textured by the devs as an in-game object in order to achieve this.

Especially not given the amount of children that play this game. Not that it is unsuitable for them or anything, but you know what kids are like when it comes to poop.

Agreed.

I think what we are seeing here is a kneejerk reaction from the masses who are not really thinking about the mechanics and are just thinking "ewww poop smells!".

Its not just about the "solid waste" its about all aspects attached.

Many negative posts here are one liners without actually explaining their reasoning against a said system.

Perhaps the thread title doesnt help and the focus should be on digestion and disease vectors.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Well you asked for being publicly humiliated so here it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_soil

You need to read that which you quote as yo are the one who stands with poop on their face. Read down below sanitation. Communities which use untreated feces for fertilizer are subject to various parasitic outbreaks. It is right in your own reference, so don't kill the messenger:

Sanitation issues

The use of unprocessed human feces as fertilizer is a risky practice as it may contain disease-causing pathogens. Nevertheless, in developing nations it is widespread. Common parasitic worm infections, such as ascariasis, in these countries are linked to night soil, because their eggs are in feces.

These risks are eliminated by proper composting. "Finished compost should never be 'sterile,' but it should be sanitary. That means the compost should be teeming with beneficial microorganisms that do not pose a threat to human health. Any human disease organisms that may have been in the original organic material should have been eliminated, weakened, or greatly diminished by the time the compost has become mature."[2]

Human waste may be attractive as fertilizer because of the high demand for fertilizer and the relative availability of the material to create night soil. In areas where native soil is of poor quality, the local population may weigh the risk of using night soil.

The safe reduction of human waste into compost is possible. Many municipalities create compost from the sewage system biosolids, but then recommend that it only be used on flower beds, not vegetable gardens. Some claims have been made that this is dangerous or inappropriate without the expensive removal of heavy metals.

So, I realize that if you read this and are hell bent on winning an argument over putting pooping into a zombie game (because what zombie game wouldn't be *complete* without pooping in it?) you will probably go for the historical use practiced by third world man.  But we have this thing called the first world which we evolved into, which consequently also saw our relative lifespans lengthen drastically thanks to such crazy magic as good sanitation practices, farming practices, modern medicine, etc.  If you didn't notice the places that raw human feces are used for fertilizer are either in the third world (do I really need to explain the difference between long lifespan and dead by 40?) or after being treated at waste facility plants w/ chemicals and microbes a dayZ survivor would not have access to, let alone a $10 million dollar facility. And see that first bolded sentence?  That's all you need to know about the wisdom of growing your food in your own dookie.

Now if our DayZ community builds a waste processing plant from burlap sacks, hack saws, and can openers then by all means knock yourself out Chef. Just excuse me from any luncheons you throw in this life time. :)

Edited by Zombie Milkman

Is this seriously a 31 page discussion about pooping in a game?

Hello there

This is exactly the type of post i referred too earlier.

Read the thread and youll find out why its so emotive.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 3

Is this seriously a 31 page discussion about pooping in a game?

Forget about zombies that work, melee that works, loot spawns that make sense, a climate and survivability factor that isn't a joke.

No, some people just can't go another day without using poop to torture bambis with, or to spread on their pizzas.  IDK, I think Bohemia may have opened up an entirely new downloadable content market<flush>.

I think a more in depth food system is a good plan, but I don't think there actually has to be turds modelled and textured by the devs as an in-game object in order to achieve this.

Especially not given the amount of children that play this game. Not that it is unsuitable for them or anything, but you know what kids are like when it comes to poop.

Then fine don't have a 3d modeled turd but the act of defecation or the simulation of defecation would add alot to the game.

They can just have an animation where the player squats and proceeds to defecate and pretend wipes or whatever.

The actual 3d modeled turd does not need to be there not that I see a problem with it. As for not being added due to the amount of children that play I have one thing to say about that.

The game is rated Mature those kids should not be playing it anyway so them playing the game should not ever even be a factor and should not be taken into consideration.

• Like 1

..//..  my character should also have the desire to have sex. ..//...

Your character doesn't have the desire to have sex ??

you don't get those messages ??

well - maybe that's why there are no rabbits in the game anymore.

You need to read that which you quote as yo are the one who stands with poop on their face. Read down below sanitation. Communities which use untreated feces for fertilizer are subject to various parasitic outbreaks. It is right in your own reference, so don't kill the messenger:

So, I realize that if you read this and are hell bent on winning an argument over putting pooping into a zombie game (because what zombie game wouldn't be *complete* without pooping in it?) you will probably go for the historical use practiced by third world man.  But we have this thing called the first world which we evolved into, which consequently also saw our relative lifespans lengthen drastically thanks to such crazy magic as good sanitation practices, farming practices, modern medicine, etc.  If you didn't notice the places that raw human feces are used for fertilizer are either in the third world (do I really need to explain the difference between long lifespan and dead by 40?) or after being treated at waste facility plants w/ chemicals and microbes a dayZ survivor would not have access to, let alone a $10 million dollar facility. And see that first bolded sentence?  That's all you need to know about the wisdom of growing your food in your own dookie.

Now if our DayZ community builds a waste processing plant from burlap sacks, hack saws, and can openers then by all means knock yourself out Chef. Just excuse me from any luncheons you throw in this life time. :)

And boiling water doesn't sanitize it completely, it doesn't mean people won't do it if it's all they can do. You survive by doing what you have to, not what by doing what is safe.

The point is not to consider how much your actions affect your life span, the point is to survive until tomorrow, next week, next season, maybe a couple years.