Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

Jesus Christ, guys, it is almost like nobody has ever actually been on a long backpacking trip.

When your body is under stress ( AKA long hours of hiking, running for your life, living off of low levels of food, dehydrated, etc), ​ it suppresses the need for defecation, in order to both extract more water/nutrients from the waste, and to avoid losing water through defecation You might be stupid, but your body isn't.

Go out into the woods, and don't eat/drink anything for a few days, or subside off of plant matter you find. Tell me how many times you poop, and, when you come back to civilization, tell me just what it felt like when you did relieve yourself. When all the water is extracted from fecal matter in the large intestine, you will feel like you are passing a life-sized statue of the Crucifixion.  AKA, unless you drink some bad water (and if you do, you deserve to die), you will most likely not be pooping all that often.

Finally, again, just what the hell is with this focus on pooping yourself?! I am ever so slightly concerned.....

That doesn't explain away why you're character hasn't pooped in 50 hours though they're going to be speeding up days soon so 50 hours is probably going to be like, I don't know a week in game? Who knows but it will be even more ridiculous.

A lot of people go to hospital or even die from constipation after camping because of the change in diet(unless they're "camping") and holding it in so they need doctors to take fistful's of it out in hospital.

I think diarrhea is a step too far, it would just get annoying and they definitely would need to add toilet paper then.

You obviously are not understanding my point.

I get the feeling many in here haven't spent any time in the great outdoors. If this was an NFL game they would be arguing for homeruns and hat tricks to be included. Lol.

looking at the comments here, and I laugh at the crybabies here

"If pooping is implemented I'm leaving the game."

"Someone will abuse they system"

"Bandits captured me and poo'd on my face, The internet will hear about this Wah wah wah!"

Seriously I think some of you really need to go play the sims to save your fragile minds from the terror of lawless bandit dominated zombie survival.. It seems we have eating, drinking, getting hot, getting cold, getting injuries, unconsciousness and death, but oh my god, you want to add in another natural realistic body action in and now shits gone too far (yes the pun) So what if you get captured by bandits and the poo all over you..... i mean really its not like the smell rubs off on you is it? You aren't going to turn around from your monitor and look at your wife with a log on your face are you? I would be more pissed off with having my leg broken and left in a field miles from anywhere, but hey whatever is worse for you I guess.

And yes Needing a poo while in a gunfight, yes that can be annoying, but then so is the same thing for soldiers fighting in real life. Its just another survival issue you would realistically have to face and think about. I tell ya, the amount of beans, cow meat and canned tuna I have eaten in one life on Dayz I do wonder where it all goes.

looking at the comments here, and I laugh at the crybabies here

"If pooping is implemented I'm leaving the game."

"Someone will abuse they system"

"Bandits captured me and poo'd on my face, The internet will hear about this Wah wah wah!"

*SNIP*

FYI, there is pooping in The Sims. While I do not have a problem with bowl movements in general, I do think it's appealing to the lowest common denominator and will only act as a griefing device. If they wanted to add feces to make DayZ the most hyper-realistic-survival-mmorpgfps-bro game on the market they've skipped over a lot of things like tears, spit, piss, snot, and burps/farts. Then also would it mean we'll see full nudity, intercourse/masturbation, ejaculate, pregnancy, suicide (gun/knife), dismemberment, animal attacks? These are the kind of things I think about when presented this kind of idea. I personally would like all or nothing. We do not need another mechanic shoe-horned into the game that would serve no purpose to the enjoyment of the over-all experience.

if the main arguement is griefing, then you get that in game anyway and i dont see the handcuff and force feed options being taken away, in fact i think it will make the game more fun and certainly beats just getting shot for the sake of it when there are more options at hand to use as alternates. and as for sex, well i was all for a rape option but i knew realistically that wouldnt happen cos there will be too many people seeking psychiatrist help

if the main arguement is griefing, then you get that in game anyway and i dont see the handcuff and force feed options being taken away, in fact i think it will make the game more fun and certainly beats just getting shot for the sake of it when there are more options at hand to use as alternates. and as for sex, well i was all for a rape option but i knew realistically that wouldnt happen cos there will be too many people seeking psychiatrist help

Don't forget the other "brilliant" argument of "too much realism makes the game less fun" that translates into all these realism things will slow down my coastal pvp.

This is not a facetious post. Just wondering on opinion.

Would things such as using the Restroom be to obscure for a game such as this? Just wondering on opinion.

Ps: If this was implemented could you imagine the size of a dump? You have to eat so much lol. And could you imagine killing someone squatting by a tree? Amazing.

May as well.  We can eat people so I see no issue with this at all.  Btw, there was already a topic about this but it may have been locked.

Giving a game too much realism would ruin it as being "A Game" for me.  I would simply turn the game off when or if it begins to stop feeling like a game.

Edited by huf757

I think they should focus on developing and adding realistic gamemechanics that tie in togheter...adding pooping or an ability to use restrooms isnt gonna affect gameplay to much extent.

The ability to make a fire ties in with weather, rain, coldness, drying ur clothes, making food etc...pooping, is just pooping for 20 seconds

Edited by svisketyggeren

They did make animations for characters taking a dump including graphics of said dump as an in-game item. You can read all about it in this thread. Unfortunately the prude squad made a strike and it has yet to be implemented, however the chances for it being added after all is increasing with the recent cannibalism feature.

I see no issue with this at all.  

Nor can I, because it's a seriously stupid idea. With all that's currently broken, bugged and glitched, adding pooping would seem like a laughable distortion of priorities.

Nor can I, because it's a seriously stupid idea. With all that's currently broken, bugged and glitched, adding pooping would seem like a laughable distortion of priorities.

It's not anymore stupid than eating people.  Hell, I'd love to shit out human after I eat them.

• Like 2

Ah, so you are on the "they add new hats but doesn't fix this bug" team. You know, the team that thinks the game is developed either 1) by one person or 2) by a group of people all working on the same thing.

Edited by BadAsh

Ah, so you are on the "they add new hats but doesn't fix this bug" team. You know, the team that thinks the game is developed either 1) by one person or 2) by a group of people all working on the same thing.

Ah, so you're on the "can't criticise development priorities because hasn't worked in software development" team, huh? I quite like the sound of the "invest more in sorting out the problems first" team - you know, the one that operates quite effectively in many organisations and projects.

Ah, so you're on the "can't criticise development priorities because hasn't worked in software development" team, huh? I quite like the sound of the "invest more in sorting out the problems first" team - you know, the one that operates quite effectively in many organisations and projects.

They have that, when beta hits.  Learn your development facts before spewing drivel.

• Like 1

They have that, when beta hits.  Learn your development facts before spewing drivel.

Please forgive me Caboose. I should learn more from your endlessly constructive and friendly posts.

Please forgive me Caboose. I should learn more from your endlessly constructive and friendly posts.

Now you're learning.  ;)

• Like 1

Hello there

I cant wait until they have the cannibalistic pooping.

In third person whilst being KOSd holding a can of Derpy Muffins and OrLoK Fresh fruit.

Without a vehicle.

Rgds

LoK

ps did I miss anything out?

• Like 2