Jumbaliah

Do you want pooping in this game?

To poop or not to poop  

616 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want pooping?

Pooping... hmm.. where will the line be drawn if that's introduced? 

Will female characters be required to carry more rags than the male characters for that, uhh, monthly time? Would they be more susceptible to wild animal attack if they didn't use a 'pristine' rag? 

I'm not trying to be disgusting or sexist here, but if we're talking about having poop in the game, why stop there? Feminine hygiene should be next, no? Considering it is a survival point women have to deal with.

I do not think either should be included.

IB4

I need to jerk off.

My cock feels hard. 

Why do you think small toilets everwhere ? Because we will use it otherwise you wıll piss or shit in your pant and your pretty gorka military pants will make you get infection so badly.

Pooping... hmm.. where will the line be drawn if that's introduced? 

Will female characters be required to carry more rags than the male characters for that, uhh, monthly time? Would they be more susceptible to wild animal attack if they didn't use a 'pristine' rag? 

I'm not trying to be disgusting or sexist here, but if we're talking about having poop in the game, why stop there? Feminine hygiene should be next, no? Considering it is a survival point women have to deal with.

I do not think either should be included.

Hello there

If having a period added something of value to the game then why not? However everyone poops and AFAIK apart from some cases of anphalactic shock and the occasional bear/kangaroo arousal periods dont bring much to the table playwise. I could be wrong.

I feel folk are getting hung up on the "ewww thats icky" side of things, whereas blowing a gaping hole in someone or indeed force feeding someone disinfectant is seen as perfectly acceptable. Odd in my mind.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

If having a period added something of value to the game then why not? However everyone poops and AFAIK apart from some cases of anphalactic shock and the occasional bear/kangaroo arousal periods dont bring much to the table playwise. I could be wrong.

I feel folk are getting hung up on the "ewww thats icky" side of things, whereas blowing a gaping hole in someone or indeed force feeding someone disinfectant is seen as perfectly acceptable. Odd in my mind.

Rgds

LoK

You make me laugh so much. x'D

Infection

Spreading of disease

adding yet another basic human requirement for survival

It could be tied to a nutricion mechanic that forces the player to eat a balanced diet to avoid diarrhea or constipation aka no more eating only fruit or beans.

It could be used as a survival mechanic to track players having players see the human scat as a sign of nearby player activity.

There are lots of reasons why defecation would make sense in dayz things that would add not only to realism but the gameplay itself.

if those problems happen, then just put "sick status" you dont have to add a visual.

Well judging by the poll results, and Mr Hall's intention not to pander to populist preconceptions about how a 'game' should be which I respect immensely - the best games always followed this principle I expect it will be added, as silly as I feel it might be, it will not deter me from playing the game :)

Hello there

Don't forget defecation could be "implied" rather than seen.

I'm not advocating extreme close ups and uber hi res, hi poly realism here. (Im sure there's a market for that though).

For eg when coming across a water source you could have a menu option to "pollute" it. Press a short fade to grey to simulate the "passing" and hey presto! one damaged water source. Simple.

The act is alluded to or implied, the gameplay aspect is there and no one gets all upset.

If I can come up with that solution to one aspect in 20 seconds, I'm sure the devs are more than capable of coming up with a more elegant and in depth solution IF they wanted to.

Lets NOT worry about the "oh noes! throwing and force feeding dirty dirty poop! Wont someone think of the children!!!11!!?" Aspects. It just wouldnt happen IMHO

Rgds

LoK

theres almost no use for that idea, the only use is setting up a trap for some random guy to walk into in hours, and getting a kill.

again this doesnt help the game at all, because if that were the base in real life you could just dig a hole about 5 meters away from the watersouces, and let the water go through the ground and collect , drink that, no feces.

Realism. 

So when do they add the hot key for every breath your character takes?

You know, because realism is so important.

This isn't about realism.  This is about sensationalizing a game at any cost to make money.

GTA did it by making killing cops part of the game.  Other forms of entertainment do this as well.  Act like an idiot, watch most people complain about it.  Look at all the free publicity.

Some in here think this is like a street artist expressing themselves by defecating on a picture of a nun or whatever.

This is quite the opposite and I guess introducing torture wasn't enough.  This is covering yourself in poop to get on the front page of the news.

This is a sell out for the oldest reason in business.

I thought this was a zombie/survival game.  I hope more mature heads prevail.

IB4

I need to jerk off.

My cock feels hard. 

first one of these i saw was..

I feel like having a wank.

Realism. 

Breathing is automated, you do not need to think breathe in, breathe out. If you had you'd be dead long ago. 

Breathing is automated, you do not need to think breathe in, breathe out. If you had you'd be dead long ago. 

I also don't need a "fire kit" containing a burlap sack, a pristine log that requires cutting down a tree, etc., to make a fire.

Will they perhaps introduce childbirth into the game as well?  I can't think of anything much more real than that.

I know, let's call this DaySIMS. And if you get too real, remember, zombies are not real.

Oh dear.  Live by realism, die by realism.  Better not get TOO real. or the game stops becoming real.

But realism is their only goal.  Yeah.

Hello there

What one needs to do is find that balance between realism and gameplay. Its nothing to do with maturity.

For example, if their proposed system was "fer teh lulz" then I agree, if it adds nothing to a fairly "serious" game then any mechanic should not be included. If however the idea adds a legitimate mechanic to the game then I dont see why it should not be included.

Lastly one can extrapolate any idea to the nth degree to make it sound silly.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Realism. 

You know, because realism is so important.

This isn't about realism.  This is about sensationalizing a game at any cost to make money.

GTA did it by making killing cops part of the game.  Other forms of entertainment do this as well.  Act like an idiot, watch most people complain about it.  Look at all the free publicity.

Some in here think this is like a street artist expressing themselves by defecating on a picture of a nun or whatever.

This is quite the opposite and I guess introducing torture wasn't enough.  This is covering yourself in poop to get on the front page of the news.

This is a sell out for the oldest reason in business.

I thought this was a zombie/survival game.  I hope more mature heads prevail.

This is silly. We should have to sleep, poop, pee, eat, drink, stay warm, have shelter.  No reason to press a button for each breath. The pooping doesn't have to be gratuitous either, just something we need to look after. 

Hello there

What one needs to do is find that balance between realism and gameplay. Its nothing to do with maturity.

For example, if their proposed system was "fer teh lulz" then I agree, if it adds nothing to a fairly "serious" game then any mechanic should not be included. If however the idea adds a legitimate mechanic to the game then I dont see why it should not be included.

Rgds

LoK

If one fails to look after it, then the inevitable would happen and one would smell bad, think extended aggro range for zombies and status messages for other players to alert one about the presence of a soiled player, "I smell something foul". 

• Like 1

Hello there

Rgds

LoK

Precisely, as long as it adds something interesting to the game.

Feces: Fertiliser for crops, production of saltpeter for gunpowder (as used in the civil war to meet the demands that natural saltpeter would not match)

Urine: can be broken down into ammonia, which is a general purpose cleaning agent especially for stainless steel.

Edited by Lady Kyrah
  • Like 1

If they do implement this absolutely terrible feature, I hope they will also implement an "auto release" reaction when held at gunpoint. You know, for realism. Pants get ruined, and you will get messages like "I feel awkward".

i'm not being contrary just for the sake of it, but if this seriously gets implemented, i guarantee i will shit on other players, either alive or dead.

• Like 1

i'm not being contrary just for the sake of it, but if this seriously gets implemented, i guarantee i will shit on other players, either alive or dead.

Hello there

You miss the point. Enabling defection doesn't mean you can poop at will and whack folk over the head with it, or indeed poop on other players. Lady Kyrah has got it 100pc.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

You miss the point. Enabling defection doesn't mean you can poop at will and whack folk over the head with it, or indeed poop on other players. Lady Kyrah has got it 100pc.

Rgds

LoK

if it comes in the form of a context action with an animation, i'd use it over someone's body.

if it's an item, i'd throw it on their head. or force feed it to them (if that's possible).

trust me, where there's a will, there's a way.

• Like 1

if it comes in the form of a context action with an animation, i'd use it over someone's body.

if it's an item, i'd throw it on their head. or force feed it to them (if that's possible).

trust me, where there's a will, there's a way.

We don't care.

• Like 1

just saying there's a whole lot of people worried about how badly it's going to be used for trolling, somehow i doubt you'll be shrugging it off after someone's taken a dump on your face for the 8th time.

I'm all for it. People seem to forget this is not the standard casual shoot zombies kind of game. It feels very authentic with even more things to come. I've never been more immersed in a game like this. If I would hear my friend on the microphone say 'I'll pack my bags, come bag to the base, but I need to place a turd in the woods first' - that would be awesome. I don't know why, it just adds to the gritty atmosphere.

I dont understand at all how people are appalled by this. It's a natural function, everyone does it. How is it 'gross'? This is especially funny when in this game you can kill people in the most gruesome ways and rob their dead bodied. Yet putting a brown wiener on the ground is a mortal sin. That's fucked up.

Imagine what it could add to clothing damage if you shit yourself because of fear or a shock because of a wound. How diseases could spread etc.

• Like 1

This is silly. We should have to sleep, poop, pee, eat, drink, stay warm, have shelter. No reason to press a button for each breath. The pooping doesn't have to be gratuitous either, just something we need to look after.

We do already and it is called "real life."Games are a form of escaping real life. I see no reason to enjoy my escape time pooping digitally but if you do, have fun I guess.

• Like 1