SmashT

Experimental Branch: 0.45 Discussion

Well good to hear progress is going well. :) 

(Seriously, I have no beef with experimental, but it's good to know whats working and not working. We are testing, so the results should be posted here) 

• Like 1

This is getting ridiculous.  The amount of bellyaching not only in an alpha but on the goddamn experimental "testing" branch is astounding.  Moderators of this forum, I tip my hat and give you the utmost respect for having to deal and put up with the bullshit that goes on here.  

I agree in general, but this post seems to be more in line with what you really want to see. An issue reported without the "die-in-hell-developers" rant. Even a funny picture. Also lets others know what is up so they don't freak out. Except, of course, those that do.

People have been bitching, moaning and whining for months now about no respawing loot. There are finally testing a system! We should all be excited. And we shouldn't be surprised if such a major change doesn't work correctly on the first try. 

• Like 4

I always do the Twitter and Reddit run-around, but the only place I actually find real "patch notes" is this forum as users discover changes on experimental that have gone completely undocumented. I just get frustrated because I am here to test as much as I am to play and when a new patch comes out I just have to throw my hands in the air and say "I have no idea what they want us to do".

The only reason I have a twitter account.

• Like 2

On topic: The rubberbanding is insane on Experimental but they are testing loot respawn so I don't care. Item persistence is also coming soon. Excellent priorities. The lag will be fixed later...

Off topic: They aren't trying to be mind police in /r/technology. The majority of sub-reddits use bots to filter content (even /r/dayz). I'm guessing you are a gun-toting American, conservative, though, from your previous comments. Because of this I am less inclined to believe you actually give a shit about any of this and are just trying to use this issue as something to complain about one of the most unique and interesting websites in the world.

Edited by scriptfactory

Maybe the rubberbanding is hinting towards a new weapon addition coming.. hmm.. ?

lVxD2SR.jpg

:P

• Like 3

Because of this I am less inclined to believe you actually give a shit about any of this and are just trying to use this issue as something to complain about one of the most unique and interesting websites in the world.

Well that was one of the more ridiculous statements I've heard in a while. Since you have an "f" in your screen name I'm less inclined to believe you enjoy eating sausage. 

Edited by paisius77
  • Like 1

On topic: The rubberbanding is insane on Experimental but they are testing loot respawn so I don't care. Item persistence is also coming soon. Excellent priorities. The lag will be fixed later...

Off topic: They aren't trying to be mind police in /r/technology. The majority of sub-reddits use bots to filter content (even /r/dayz). I'm guessing you are a gun-toting American, conservative, though, from your previous comments. Because of this I am less inclined to believe you actually give a shit about any of this and are just trying to use this issue as something to complain about one of the most unique and interesting websites in the world.

unique and interesting.....

LOL

Edited by Shaeg

It's not rubberbanding. It's a yoyo. :lol:

New spawn places too. I tried two times. Both times i spawned inland. But playing the game was imposible because of the teleporting back to the past.

"Player: - Game is unplayble!

DEV: - Well it's experimental. Go play stable!"

doh... do they want us to test the experimental or not?

• Like 1

there is low to medium rubberbanding on the exp now. Zeds are weaker again, so that one can kill'em with 1 or 2 swings of the splitting Axe.

Can't tell anything about loot respawn.

btw: the policestation in Grishino is like the old ones when there wasn't any loot in it. And no, it hasn't been looted since i was there right after the Server restarted. The rest of the Town wasn't looted at all.

Well that was one of the more ridiculous statements I've heard in a while. Since you have an "f" in your screen name I'm less inclined to believe you enjoy eating sausage. 

I hate sausage and Reddit is not the most conservative friendly website. There are twice as many subscribers in /r/dayz as there are in /r/Republican and /r/Conservative combined. I don't want to derail the initial topic any further, though.

there is low to medium rubberbanding on the exp now. Zeds are weaker again, so that one can kill'em with 1 or 2 swings of the splitting Axe.

Can't tell anything about loot respawn.

btw: the policestation in Grishino is like the old ones when there wasn't any loot in it. And no, it hasn't been looted since i was there right after the Server restarted. The rest of the Town wasn't looted at all.

Can confirm, Police station, the blue medic centers, and the shelves in the supermarket dont't spawn any loot 

It's not rubberbanding. It's a yoyo. :lol:

New spawn places too. I tried two times. Both times i spawned inland. But playing the game was imposible because of the teleporting back to the past.

"Player: - Game is unplayble!

DEV: - Well it's experimental. Go play stable!"

Well you did test it, it's broken and they're trying to fix it. Once fixed you will test it again to see if it's broken, rinse repeat. "Experimental"

When they get the loot to respawn to the loot spawns, I would be a happy Husky. No more server changing because the full servers are out of loot mostly. :/

• Like 2

Yes, there needs to be input and players on experimental. Internally it can't be tested and things like that only happen with a certain amount of people on the server - which is why you experience the rubberbanding.

It's fine to report it, but they're now aware of it. Playing experimental is one thing and posting feedback about it, but then saying "trololol,fixgame,desynceverywhere,devsaredoingnothing,whytheyhavememonies?" does not help. You need to be aware of what you're letting yourself in to when playing experimental (and that includes - even more than usual - not coming on here ranting on about it. It includes providing specific and constructive feedback so it can be fixed.)

• Like 6

Essentially what they are after with this experimental build is to gather metrics with loot respawn mechanics, they will then use these metrics to improve the game for stable patches. Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems. 

• Like 2

lollll this community.  

• Like 1

Does someone figured out how the loot respawn mechanic does work ? 

Big thumbs up their testing loot , its my main gripe it not being in the game so im happy its being worked on to this extent.

hopefully if its on experimental now it should be on stable within 1-2 months. That will do me , fingers crossed

Also watched a video of a tour of the studio and dean was working on item containers within the world so tents might not be too far off.

I believe if they can crack the loot and a Container the game will fly.

Big thumbs up for making an official experimental discussion thread.

Rubberbanding not so bad today. But still there. Less loot overall and no loot on some buildings that had before. Like Svetlojarsk policestation.

Nice new spawn locations also.

Big thumbs up their testing loot , its my main gripe it not being in the game so im happy its being worked on to this extent.

hopefully if its on experimental now it should be on stable within 1-2 months. That will do me , fingers crossed

Also watched a video of a tour of the studio and dean was working on item containers within the world so tents might not be too far off.

I believe if they can crack the loot and a Container the game will fly.

Yeah they said persistent objects are pretty close to being done, so it shouldn't be too long now. Persistent storage and campfires (and flares) are the two big things that i'm personally wanting in. I think persistent storage will be a game changer and we will start to see more organized play from people. It will also help give people more of an incentive to move around the map more if they can stockpile shit. Campfires and flares just make it easier and more fun to play at night.

• Like 1

melee weapons aren't working, not had a chance to test guns yet tho

No clue what you'r meaning with "not workin", but i smashed several players and zeds with shovel, axe and bbat.

guns also work as usual, except from seeing any decals/hits with mosin above 200 yards.

Edited by Guest

Does someone figured out how the loot respawn mechanic does work ? 

No idea. But they mentioned earlier about the map being split into grids and when no players are in a grid for X amount of time the looted spawn points respawn new loot.