poooz

What has the standalone become ?

Who the fuck is Frankie? 

Random nobody who makes fake DayZ videos about KoSing people. Don't worry about it.

• Like 1

Random nobody who makes fake DayZ videos about KoSing people. Don't worry about it.

Your just too cool for school.

/sarcasm

• Like 1

Yeah, it was.. I was implying that the majority of the time when a thread like this is posted, criticizing the game out of ignorance, it's from a member who has a very low post count. 

You basically wrote that a person with a low post-count isn't entitled to post criticism, as it isn't warranted, in your opinion.

Who are you to call out people who does not post much and call them ignorant?

We can search and read in the forum/twitter/dev-blogs as well and should be able to write critical post, without having "earned" the eligibility to do so, through a high number under our names, which, by the way, is not a guarantee that you know what you're talking about anyway.

Literally my last dozen deaths while messing around on Regular have been due to cheaters shooting me through walls. I just PVP on Regular, so I'm kind of expecting to die at some point, but I've been killed through the school walls, hospital walls, ATC walls, jail walls, etc. The list goes on and on. At this point it's almost hilarious. One of the selling features of this game (for me at least) was the promise of cheating being stamped out. I guess we'll chalk that up to "LOL ALFER" as well. :T

Also, on any given evening in Elektro, it's like a Dragonball Z episode:

tumblr_m7bw30uvJ21r72ht7o1_500.gif

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 2

You basically wrote that a person with a low post-count isn't entitled to post criticism, as it isn't warranted, in your opinion.

Who are you to call out people who does not post much and call them ignorant?

We can search and read in the forum/twitter/dev-blogs as well and should be able to write critical post, without having "earned" the eligibility to do so, through a high number under our names, which, by the way, is not a guarantee that you know what you're talking about anyway.

When someone signs up for the forums and their first post is bitching about shit that has been covered and/or answered in 100 other threads, THEY ARE IGNORANT.. 

Lurk and use the search function, or sign up for a bug tracker account and post your BUGS there, if you have legit criticism for the game. Signing up for an account just to say "ZOMG HACKERS AND KOSERS" is nothing new, and contributes nothing to the progression of this game or community.

• Like 2

When someone signs up for the forums and their first post is bitching about shit that has been covered and/or answered in 100 other threads, THEY ARE IGNORANT.. 

Lurk and use the search function, or sign up for a bug tracker account and post your BUGS there, if you have legit criticism for the game. Signing up for an account just to say "ZOMG HACKERS AND KOSERS" is nothing new, and contributes nothing to the progression of this game or community.

Please explain how i am bitching, you are the only one bitching, you are acting like a ten year old girl, i hope you realize that.

Have you even read the original post. 'Lurk and use the search function, or sign up for a bug tracker account and post your BUGS there'

What bugs am i posting about imp ??

This is a point of view and has nothing to do with bugs, can you comprehend the difference.

'just to say "ZOMG HACKERS AND KOSERS" is nothing new'  and contributes nothing to the progression of this game or community.

Out of every post on this thread your's is the one that contributes the least to this entire community, it is just you moaning about people moaning, utter stupidity. A terrible post yet you have to read and reply to it, why is that ?? What are you missing in your actual real life that this is something you feel you need to do ??

Edited by poooz

you are acting like a ten year old girl, i hope you realize that.

Hello there

Firstly, please dont insult other forum members.

Secondly, many "older" members do understandably become annoyed at folk blowing up and rant posting but some can also over react.

Many common subjects have been frequently addressed and its often obvious that a new poster hasn't bothered to read the rules or the stickies. So, when a new poster rants about R leaving and how he swims in a pool made of lambos people do get annoyed.

As to the subject I havnt watched the video, nor do i intend to, but from what I gather he states the game has no future? Odd. From where I sit it has a sparkling future ahead. Something terrible could go wrong, I suppose but that could happen to any game.

What were his reasonings?

Lastly dont forget that there are a few folk out there who have a bit of an axe to grind, so always bear that in mind.

Rgds

LoK

So, when a new poster rants about R leaving and how he swims in a pool made of lambos people do get annoyed.

As to the subject I havnt watched the video, nor do i intend to, but from what I gather he states the game has no future? Odd. From where I sit it has a sparkling future ahead. Something terrible could go wrong, I suppose but that could happen to any game.

What were his reasonings?

Wait they have pools made out of lambos? Where, how, why, and when is this available to the general public?

He had no reasoning, he was crying about KoS because he got killed and saw someone desyncing / using a not very good speed hack (when he got killed he was corner camping in a building and couldn't hit the "hacker" who was outside not even moving and shot him) ... after an entire video of him going around KoSing (like all his videos) and showing he hasn't cared about the SA for months by not even knowing what guns were in the game and acting surprised when he saw the .22 rifle like he thought the hadn't added anything new.

He then at the end cries about how the devs "broke all their promises"?

Edited by Weedz

I have never encountered hackers in the game and most of my experiences have been positive, though not all have been friendly. What makes the game enjoyable is the risk that the next survivor might just be the last one you encounter. I always remind myself when I play, "today could be the day" and it doesn't feel like shit when I lose my gear.

What is the mission of this topic? Spread some hate, let everybody know haters are still here...

Take a break from the game, come back a couple of weeks later.

Cheaters are in every game and there are more cheaters if it's easier to hack or to exploit the game. This Alpha version of DayZ:SA is easy to hack but it's also hard to write a proper anti cheating program you know ^^

• Like 1

This community is going places, just you wait.

• Like 1

For whatever reason Frankie hates the SA and it's obvious in all his videos of it.  He is also pretty ignorant of the game in general and clearly doesn't follow the development in any reasonable capacity.  A perfect example is in one of his videos he drops an item, doesn't give it time to actually load in and claims the game is a buggy mess and ate his item.  Even in that latest video, he says the guy's wall hacking and shit, but then you see the guy out the door clearly just aiming through the open doors at them inside.  He does seem to be speed hacking, but my point is Frankie is quick to jump to conclusions and to put things down, rather than doing any sort of testing or research.

The short of it is, I wouldn't base my judgement on the SA off a video of a guy who is both ignorant and already biased towards hating the game.  The game is early alpha and shit like tackling hackers and some of the more minor bugs is hardly on the table.

Frankie's videos were a lot better when he had less commentary because his stupid is showing as of late, and his ego is through the roof.

Edited by Bororm

Dayz SA hasnt become anything, yet.

And the only ones to be blamed are the players themselves, who play the game, Dayz is just a tool.

What? The game itself IS to blame, in my opinion. People try to cheat on every game they play. In DayZ they are just have greater success due to vulnerabilities the current anti-cheat engine. People only KoS because there are no game mechanics to counter it. The players in DayZ don't suck any more or less than in other games. They are just given the opportunity to act like big assholes in DayZ so they do.

Frankie's videos were a lot better when he had less commentary because his stupid is showing as of late, and his ego is through the roof.

You don't think that you are, perhaps, a bit prejudiced in your judgement? DayZ has big problems not only on a technical level but also from a game mechanics standpoint. I love the game but it has huge problems that will hopefully be fixed at some point in its development but that doesn't mean the problems don't exist. Most of my friends have already stopped playing because of these issues (especially the hacking and KoS).

What? The game itself IS to blame, in my opinion. People try to cheat on every game they play. In DayZ they are just have greater success due to vulnerabilities the current anti-cheat engine.

Meh. This is not true as far as I can tell from my experience. People cheat in every game and there are a lot of games - finished games - that have a higher percentage of cheater. Try Rust for some days or WarZ and then come back and say again that cheaters have greater success in DayZ ;)

People only KoS because there are no game mechanics to counter it. The players in DayZ don't suck any more or less than in other games. They are just given the opportunity to act like big assholes in DayZ so they do.

...welcome to DayZ...

Meh. This is not true as far as I can tell from my experience. People cheat in every game and there are a lot of games - finished games - that have a higher percentage of cheater. Try Rust for some days or WarZ and then come back and say again that cheaters have greater success in DayZ ;)

I don't own WarZ (and will never buy it) but I do own Rust. You are correct that there are a crazy amount of cheaters but, again, it is a fault of the development team.

I work on a product that also has to fight cheaters. There are a lot of them but we have a team that proactively searches out hacks and reports them to our "cheat engine provider" so they can build new signatures enabling us to fight the hackers. Because it IS a fight. If we were not proactive we would lose a lot of money on a daily basis. I'm not saying cheaters have greater success in DayZ compared to other games but that the existence of cheaters in DayZ is 100% due to the failure of the dev team to combat them. It is a war and, only currently, the hackers are winning. Hopefully SA won't end up like Mod.

I don't own WarZ (and will never buy it) but I do own Rust. You are correct that there are a crazy amount of cheaters but, again, it is a fault of the development team.

I work on a product that also has to fight cheaters. There are a lot of them but we have a team that proactively searches out hacks and reports them to our "cheat engine provider" so they can build new signatures enabling us to fight the hackers. Because it IS a fight. If we were not proactive we would lose a lot of money on a daily basis. I'm not saying cheaters have greater success in DayZ compared to other games but that the existence of cheaters in DayZ is 100% due to the failure of the dev team to combat them. It is a war and, only currently, the hackers are winning. Hopefully SA won't end up like Mod.

What kind of server architecture do you guys have? Had to add multiplayer into a mobile game a few months ago and it was just through sockets, ended up building my own authoritative server to mitigate cheating, though there are still a few places where we have holes that can't be patched because of the client's desired features :(

• Like 1

Wait they have pools made out of lambos? Where, how, why, and when is this available to the general public?

He had no reasoning, he was crying about KoS because he got killed and saw someone desyncing / using a not very good speed hack (when he got killed he was corner camping in a building and couldn't hit the "hacker" who was outside not even moving and shot him) ... after an entire video of him going around KoSing (like all his videos) and showing he hasn't cared about the SA for months by not even knowing what guns were in the game and acting surprised when he saw the .22 rifle like he thought the hadn't added anything new.

He then at the end cries about how the devs "broke all their promises"?

That guy was blatantly cheating. That is what Elektro PVP has become. Also, Frankie doesn't KOS much. I haven't seen too many videos where he actively does. Even in airfields I've seen him at least wait to gauge a player's intent before shooting. I'll agree Frankie seems to give zero fucks about the standalone, but that's his choice. If kids watching his videos take it as gospel, did we really want them playing anyway? As far as the hacker killing him, he was watching the corner with a long range scope... unless the person with the Mosin was completely brain dead, if he's already watching the corner with a scope, there's almost no chance of someone successfully peeking the corner with a Magnum from the 20 metres or so it was and coming out victorious.

EDIT: Confused my piques... peaks... peeks.

Edited by Grimey Rick

What kind of server architecture do you guys have? Had to add multiplayer into a mobile game a few months ago and it was just through sockets, ended up building my own authoritative server to mitigate cheating, though there are still a few places where we have holes that can't be patched because of the client's desired features :(

I work on an UDK-based F2P FPS that is connected to Linux Java/C++-based game servers (believe it or not). We licensed a separate signature-based anti-cheat engine that is causing massive performance issues for some users but it is strict. Since we are trying to get into the competitive gaming scene we decided to say "fuck cheaters and possibly some valid users" to make sure that the game experience is good for the majority. We push out signature updates ASAP which has occasionally bit us in the ass. But we have managed to keep the cheater population relatively low (for a F2P game) and insta-ban hackers. If there are a bunch of hackers in our game the users will not blame the hackers, they will blame us. As they should.

The rampant fanboyism in the DayZ community is detrimental to the eventual success of the game. We all have to look at the game as objectively as possible and give kudos when something good occurs and constructive criticism when the dev team is slacking.

Just my opinion.

• Like 2

I work on an UDK-based F2P FPS that is connected to Linux Java/C++-based game servers (believe it or not). We licensed a separate signature-based anti-cheat engine that is causing massive performance issues for some users but it is strict. Since we are trying to get into the competitive gaming scene we decided to say "fuck cheaters and possibly some valid users" to make sure that the game experience is good for the majority. We push out signature updates ASAP which has occasionally bit us in the ass. But we have managed to keep the cheater population relatively low (for a F2P game) and insta-ban hackers. If there are a bunch of hackers in our game the users will not blame the hackers, they will blame us. As they should.

The rampant fanboyism in the DayZ community is detrimental to the eventual success of the game. We all have to look at the game as objectively as possible and give kudos when something good occurs and constructive criticism when the dev team is slacking.

Just my opinion.

This. I've attempted to say it before, but my temper prevents my dildettes from putting it this eloquently.

"I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept," he  [Dean]  went on, "and I've always recognised that. It's not the perfect game; it's not the multiplayer experience, and it never can be, [with] the absolute spark that I want in it."

OK so we're looking for "the perfect multiplayer game" - what is that exactly?

Everyone one day will stop making games because someone made "the perfect game" ??

I think what DH means here, is he's seeking  <<The Absolute Spark>> .

That is what any musician, any game designer, any painter, any creative person,  is ALWAYS doing, right ??

If you have 5 albums by your favorite musician, do you throw 4 of them away because you like one maybe 'more' than the others?

And probably if you asked the author, he wouldn't agree your fave was his best anyway.

AND 90% of the fans (and your close friends too) would say you were crazy.

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

What? The game itself IS to blame, in my opinion. People try to cheat on every game they play. In DayZ they are just have greater success due to vulnerabilities the current anti-cheat engine. People only KoS because there are no game mechanics to counter it. The players in DayZ don't suck any more or less than in other games. They are just given the opportunity to act like big assholes in DayZ so they do.

The decisions are made by players lol, you cant blame the game, its not forcing you to KOS.