poooz

What has the standalone become ?

The latest Frankie video sums it up perfectly. I don't want this to be an argument about Frankie, i could not care if it was Arnold Schwarzenegger playing it is the content of the video that is important. It has so much potential with the gun fight in the middle and you can see what a great game it could be but the rest of it also shows you why it can never be that great game.(If you have not seen it i recommend you go and check it out)

Give someone a gun they will shoot you in the face rather then befriend you. Hackers on every server without fail, a massive failure on the developers part, they said they were going to combat hacking yet they have done NOTHING, absolutely nothing extra to combat hackers.

I don't see a good future for this game and it is a real shame because it could have been so great. I know exactly what dean meant when he said it was a flawed concept and i agree with him completely.

Discuss and feel free to bash on me

• Like 14

Dayz SA hasnt become anything, yet.

And the only ones to be blamed are the players themselves, who play the game, Dayz is just a tool.

Edited by So Sexy
  • Like 7

Whoa. Where did Dean say that?

I am sure he said something like that, everyone blew it way out of proportion. Might have been something different ??

• Like 1

I don't recall any statements made by Dean that would even resemble what you claim

Edited by piggy_pot_pie

Any multiplayer will have its share of hacking. I am yet to meet a hacker in Dayz but I have no doubt they exist. Dayz is much more than hacking right now, its not yet "rampant". I personally am giving Devs some trust and say that hacking will be greatly reduced in future.

• Like 2

FrankieonPC sets up alot of his videos. I think its cool he has a passion for gaming and shares it but its just him, not everyone.

I don't recall any statements made by Dean that would even resemble what you claim

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-24-dean-hall-to-leave-bohemia-and-step-down-as-leader-of-dayz

or to quote (pretty much at the bottom of said article)

"I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept," he went on, "and I've always recognised that. It's not the perfect game; it's not the multiplayer experience, and it never can be, [with] the absolute spark that I want in it."

• Like 2

i got killed by ahackers 2 times first time aguy walking through walls killed me and it wasn't aglitch

then i got killed by ateleport hacker and i saw aspeedhacker

Edited by Angelone
  • Like 1

" I know exactly what dean meant when he said it was a flawed concept and i agree with him completely".

Would you like to expand on that ?

• Like 2

I must admit in the past 3 days ive been on 5 different servers (usually only play on 2 but moved due to hackers on them) and ive seen a hacker on every single one of them. Hardcore and regular.

Im not saying the problem has been blown up as i could have quite easily been just unlucky but thats still more hackers in 3 days then id seen since i started playing in December. 

Edited by lumo1234
  • Like 1

first of all, unfair and unexpected gunfights are part of the games design, the open world map and the ability to group up, that's how it's intended, again the fact that you can't trust anyone and always have to watch your back is again part of the game, I think many people who have played a decent amount of all aspects of the game will agree with me that for the stage it's at, in alpha, I think it's going very well. the purpose of alpha is to add the core elements to the game and fix big issues, don't expect to come play a fully developed and thought out game since most of the features are barely a few months old

• Like 2

also, to your combat logging comment, that has been fixed, when you log out your character sits there vulnerable for 30 seconds before it actually disappears, it's very easy to tell, the character usually sits and gets back up a few times, in which you have plenty of time to waste the combat logger, next time they log in they will respawn.

Edited by goodc420

Just because you died and if seemed strange (alpha) does not mean that it was a hacker.

I've been called a hacker on 2 different occasions during my time on the mod. People don't like to think that you can sneak up on them and say peek-a-boo at point blank range before you M1014 them in the cranium. Instead they accuse you of teleport hacking.

Also, the game is in fucking alpha. Should we really be presenting the end game anti hack to all of the hackers out there years before the game is completed? That sounds like a recipe for disaster and even more resources being devoted to an arms race with the hacking community.

Don't be so near-sighted.

• Like 3

What has the game become? Nothing, yet, because it's in ACTIVE FUCKING DEVELOPMENT. Stop expecting a finished and polished, flaw-free, product whilst it's in Alpha.

Please, just fuck off elsewhere for a bit and come back when it's finished.  :rolleyes:

• Like 12

I like how it's always the guys with 1-20 posts that have all the harsh criticism! You guys have it all figured out.

Here's an idea: Play the game more. Lurk more. Start thinking for yourself. THEN post honest criticism when it's actually warranted.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 2

Just because you died and if seemed strange (alpha) does not mean that it was a hacker.

I've been called a hacker on 2 different occasions during my time on the mod. People don't like to think that you can sneak up on them and say peek-a-boo at point blank range before you M1014 them in the cranium. Instead they accuse you of teleport hacking.

Also, the game is in fucking alpha. Should we really be presenting the end game anti hack to all of the hackers out there years before the game is completed? That sounds like a recipe for disaster and even more resources being devoted to an arms race with the hacking community.

Don't be so near-sighted.

Im guessing you never teleported around whilst laughing and taunting people down direct chat.

If your response was directed at me i in no way stated i expect a finished product yet etc.. i understand the game is in alpha. I was simply stating that as of late i have begun to experience hackers whereas i didnt before.

@Monkfish - Suppose your input showed a tad more intelligence than the usual "Alpha" reply. 

Edited by lumo1234

Play on west coast hardcore servers where the officers and gentlemen do it right. No hackers. Good balance of play styles. And playing hardcore will be a challenge for you if you are more accustomed to playing in 3rd person or switching back and forth between both perspectives.

Any multiplayer will have its share of hacking. I am yet to meet a hacker in Dayz but I have no doubt they exist. Dayz is much more than hacking right now, its not yet "rampant". I personally am giving Devs some trust and say that hacking will be greatly reduced in future.

It is rampant, i encounter a hacker once a day.

I don't know where you are playing at but hackers generally tend to stay on the coast.

It is rampant though

FrankieonPC sets up alot of his videos. I think its cool he has a passion for gaming and shares it but its just him, not everyone.

I said lets talk about content, i don't want a frankie discussion please, no offence.

Game is getting worse and worse.

Devs saying they have fixed glitches when clearly they haven't fixed jack sh*t.

a BIG juicy update is required (cooking,hunting,pstorage) to restore faith in the game again.

Edited by rexx222
  • Like 2

Over 300 Hours in DayZ now,and I have yet to see a Hacker...

seen a few with poor internet connection issues rubberbanding around but no hackers

Dean mentioned the game is fundementally flawed,do to the majority of us that hide in the woods with no interaction with other players for fear of being KoS!

Which pretty much ends any "Multiplayer" aspect of the game other than trying not to bump into other players while looting

I find it hard to believe that in only three servers used,all had Hackers :)

• Like 4

im a bit disappointed that Frankie doesn't seem to get what an alpha means... Of course its not that great at the moment:

You can't barricade, zombie AI is broken, you can't drive or repair vehicles, you can't hunt, you can't cook, loot spawning is messed up, damage and medical system is messed up, there are only 6 character models, there aren't many tree models, there's a very limited number of items.... in fact there's barely any standard zombie game content in it! So of course it doesn't play like a great zombie apocalypse game. All in good time

• Like 2

Would you like to expand on that ?

Well the entire arma engine it is based on is flawed i feel, the problems with the game like hacking and clunkiness (I think i made that word up) and glitching is enshrined into the engine, after all it is a game based on a modification of a game so i feel that to get rid of these problems they needed to be dealt with first and foremost. Instead the enging has been created but none of the problems from the old engine were fixed or resolved and so they will, just like the mod, always be a part of the game. Hence the flawed concept. Dean wanted this to be different from the mod but can anyone really say it is a whole new game, i can't.

Disclaimer - I know nothing about making games so i may be completely wrong and they may be able to re do the engine entirely but surely that would be the first thing on the checklist of things to do ?