SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

"supposed" and "strong numbers", they always say things in relative terms

That's because during development things don't always work out as intended. I'm sure there's been things in your life that didn't quick work out, like that 5 minute trip to pick up milk, it turns out it took you 15 minutes because the traffic was heavier than expected.

They should be back in .59, if the developers stay true to their word.

If they aren't, it doesn't mean they didn't stay true to their word, as I said above.

I'm more interested in them bringing the infected back... oh yeah... I went there.

Man I love me some "DayI"

• Like 2

I haven't really played DayZ since early this year, around Spring time I think.

The last couple of days I got on a low pop server just to look around and see what's changed. First thing I notice is that there are no zombies.

I spawned in the Cherno area and ran over to Balota and I have not seen a single zombie the entire time.

What happened?

The zombies decided to support the development of the game and can only be found on the experimental servers at the moment.

• Like 6

Let us all NOT forget that when the Z's come back, laggy BS will follow. 

Let them be gone until they work well with the game AND players

Guys, I'm sick and tired of it.

Bohemia removed zombies from DayZ like couple of months ago. What are they thinking? This is the crucial part of game, vital for the whole atmosphere! Otherwise we just have another Arma.

Bohemia, when will you return the zombies back? I (and thousands others, I'm sure) want my zomby-apocalypse back!

Not to mention that the overall development is awfully slow, and now you took away zombies!

I hoped for 0.59 to change this matter, but nooo - still no living dead in sight.

When will you fix this ???

Edited by Maldrad

dafuq, how high can you get?

Edited by re-patch
  • Like 2

Bohemia removed zombies from DayZ like couple of months ago. What are they thinking? This is the crucial part of game, vital for the whole atmosphere! Otherwise we just have another Arma.

Bohemia, when will you return the zombies back? I (and thousands others, I'm sure) want my zomby-apocalypse back!

Not to mention that the overall development is awfully slow, and now you took away zombies!

I hoped for 0.59 to change this matter, but nooo - still no living dead in sight.

Zombies are in in the current stable patch, don't know if they are respawning without a server reset though.

Highest concentration of them are in main towns (Cherno, Elektro, Berizinho, Zelenogorsk, Novo, Stary/Novy Sobor etc.) although I did meet a handful in Polana last night.

They wander around and are aggroed in numbers by gunshots so it is possible that people in main towns drew the majority to them and either a) killed them or b ) led them away from the city.

Perhaps instead of criticising and complaining you should ensure that you have all the facts available to allow you to construct a well reasoned and justified assessment of the situation. Zombies were initially removed due to the major negative impact they had on server/client performance. This has been looked into and partly altered, they have also had the way they spawn changed. Rather than having zombies spawn when a player was in an area (Dayz Mod) the SA populated the entire map with a given number of zeds, this meant that although the amount was higher than the mod they were more spread out. If all the players were in Cherno/Elektro for example then there were hundreds of idle zeds in the remainder of the map. The devs have since begun changing this to ensure that players encounter a higher number of zeds in key towns by limiting and removing the spawning of them in less visited areas. The plan is that zombies will soon be spawning in populated regions on a dynamic basis- if cherno and elektro are the populous region on server a then the majority of that servers zeds will spawn in that region.

Would you prefer this to be done differently? If so then how? Can you suggest a different method to the zombie issue than that proposed  by the devs?

• Like 1

Zombies are in in the current stable patch, don't know if they are respawning without a server reset though.

Highest concentration of them are in main towns (Cherno, Elektro, Berizinho, Zelenogorsk, Novo, Stary/Novy Sobor etc.) although I did meet a handful in Polana last night.

They wander around and are aggroed in numbers by gunshots so it is possible that people in main towns drew the majority to them and either a) killed them or b ) led them away from the city.

Perhaps instead of criticising and complaining you should ensure that you have all the facts available to allow you to construct a well reasoned and justified assessment of the situation. Zombies were initially removed due to the major negative impact they had on server/client performance. This has been looked into and partly altered, they have also had the way they spawn changed. Rather than having zombies spawn when a player was in an area (Dayz Mod) the SA populated the entire map with a given number of zeds, this meant that although the amount was higher than the mod they were more spread out. If all the players were in Cherno/Elektro for example then there were hundreds of idle zeds in the remainder of the map. The devs have since begun changing this to ensure that players encounter a higher number of zeds in key towns by limiting and removing the spawning of them in less visited areas. The plan is that zombies will soon be spawning in populated regions on a dynamic basis- if cherno and elektro are the populous region on server a then the majority of that servers zeds will spawn in that region.

Would you prefer this to be done differently? If so then how? Can you suggest a different method to the zombie issue than that proposed  by the devs?

Thank you, sorry was too tired to do it & had a stressful week.

• Like 1

I'm sick and tired of you. When will they fix you?

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I had had the same feelings till a zombie made me crap my pants when I was looting a town. I looted like 10 towns and no zombies and then I heard that sound they make and got really scared.

Zombies are there around indeed, but they are not much in numbers I think.

Edited by Yazar8

Thank you, sorry was too tired to do it & had a stressful week.

Ah no worries dude, the patch has just come out and it was manic last night with people trying to get into most of the servers I usually play on so it's likely the main towns had seen so much footfall that the zeds had been beaten to death by multiple bambis. I know after 20 minutes I was geared up with a Winchester, hunting scope, 80 rounds and an m65 jacket (along with food, side arms, morphine etc.) because it was all fresh loot. Give it a dayor two to settle down and then see if there is still a zed issue.

Ah no worries dude, the patch has just come out and it was manic last night with people trying to get into most of the servers I usually play on so it's likely the main towns had seen so much footfall that the zeds had been beaten to death by multiple bambis. I know after 20 minutes I was geared up with a Winchester, hunting scope, 80 rounds and an m65 jacket (along with food, side arms, morphine etc.) because it was all fresh loot. Give it a dayor two to settle down and then see if there is still a zed issue.

I'm not the OP :D I thanked you for typing out a nice/good answer which in my state I wasn't able to after reading the OP's post ;)

Edited by re-patch

I'm not the OP :D I thanked you for typing out a nice/good answer which in my state I wasn't able to after reading the OP's post ;)

lol.... yep, I knew that... honest :/

I am also too tired for this obviously :D

• Like 1

lol.... yep, I knew that... honest :/

I am also too tired for this obviously :D

:D :D :D

this is just another 1 post troll. These turn up from time to time to open a thread

dunno why

will be interesting to see if Maldrad ever comes back, unlike the other 1-posters

- myself I think it's the coders over at [=name of competing zombie game edited out=] because they aint got better to do in worktime

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

yeah, maybe :S

Zombies do however appear to be spawning in randomly without any warrant, or so it would appear.

Just did a run on Zeleno, and had a quick scan of the fields.  I have an issue with 3D sound too atm, because couldn't see anything, and am hearing sounds to my right but only zombie ahead.  The sound feels close and to right, but nothing is there.  I advance towards Zeleno barracks, and suddenly there's three more undead wandering the fields i thought i just checked before.  Not sure if i'm tired/losing my edge but it felt like these upright corpses just appeared out of thin air.

But yeah, they're definitely there.  And you can melee them well. And creeping up on them is a pleasure now too.  Also anecdotes of them not responding at all to subsonic/suppressed fire in the VSS thread.  Enjoying what i've seen of .59, this may well be the patch to re-invigorate attention and approval if not too many bugs come out of woodwork (of which i've already found one frustrating one - where cutting down trees seems to replace your axe with a long stick from the freshly felled tree)..

Edited by q.S Sachiel
  • Like 2

Still no zombies?

There are zombies, keep looking.