SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Zombies !!

no i love zombies but not ones that can teleport through doors ,

no where is safe , soon as im unarmed and have zeds after me , i just stop and let them kill me

Zombies !!

no i love zombies but not ones that can teleport through doors ,

no where is safe , soon as im unarmed and have zeds after me , i just stop and let them kill me

In the mod they just open them

In the mod they just open them

this is a what should happen

Zombies

• Zombies are more common near settlements and inside buildings.
  • You can often detect zombies by their breathing. When they aggro, they start to snarl or howl.
  • Zombies will detect you more easily when you're loud and easy to see. They also detect you more easily in the daytime.
  • Never run when you're anywhere near a settlement. To sneak by zombies, go prone and crawl.
  • Gunshots can attract tons of zombies, so be very careful, especially in towns.
  • Any source of light and sound can attract a zed. Be careful with flares and chemlights.
  • Zombies will investigate player deaths.
  • Zombies cannot run indoors or up slopes. Use this to your advantage.
  • Zeds can aggro and hit you through walls, windows, doors, and sometimes floors. Stay away from them.
  • Zeds can be distracted with flares, smoke grenades, and your (former) friends' freshly crippled bodies.
  • Zombies may have trouble getting over obstructions. They cannot slide over sandbags at all, and may have to crawl under or go around fences.
  • Zombies can swim and climb ladders, albeit poorly.
  • Zeds can respawn around you, so move expeditiously after clearing them out of an area.
Edited by friendlypilot

Cant you just outrun them? They are not that smart, for example yesterday when i was chased by one, i jumped over a little fence and he decide to go around it which gave me plenty of time to escape.

Of course,  if you need it you can always kill them with fists, just aim at the head and you can kill it in less then 10s.

Cant you just outrun them? They are not that smart, for example yesterday when i was chased by one, i jumped over a little fence and he decide to go around it which gave me plenty of time to escape.

Of course,  if you need it you can always kill them with fists, just aim at the head and you can kill it in less then 10s.

been freshspawn for 4 hours running from zombies soon as i go near a town they mess me up while looting , constantly running from them ,.bleeding , unconscious respawn lol

my finger hurt and i need a rest i cant do it in a city at all , and if i keep to the long roads and woods i run out of drink and food

soon as i start looting im dead basically or constantly running no point going in a house with zed chasing me shutting door , its is bad thing , even just a barrier stop for zombies once all doors are closed would do for now just so your safe inside a building with closed doors

it is a major thing for me im afraid

soon as im unarmed and have zeds after me , i just stop and let them kill me

for real? i love punching them in the head.

other melee against zombies sucks because you basically cheese them by walking circles around them. with the fists it's a true fight for your life

my first days of playing and the zeds where clipping through doors however i braved it again and it seems its fixed , no zombie can get through a door , im guessing its fixed or is it the doors i was trying im going to try a house as the buildings ive been in have been closed metal doors , whats your view are they fixed or are they still getting in the locked houses

It appears to me that they are still getting in but a lot less often than before. More testing is needed.

• Like 1

i confirm that houses also are stopping them , sad they still getting in somehow fingers crossed we will find this for the devs , hopefully doesnt happen to me hehe as its a rare now i like this community to go out there see if you can awake some zombies and see if a house holds up ,

i thinking already maybe two three zombies hitting each other outside a door may push the zombie in

maybe making the zeds so they cannot get inside of each other will stop the forced push through object , i thinking out the box maybe it doesnt work like that but i seen a few zeds get clipped through by other zombies attacking the door , could this be it?

the only way we can fix this is find out how and help from the community

Edited by friendlypilot

I was trying to loot at the airfield today and I went inside one of those big industrial buildings with two huge sliding doors while being chased by about 4 zombies. 3 of the 4 the zombies ran around the buildings and went in through the open door. They do still clip through from time to time but much more rarely now, the devs really did a good job on preventing about 80% of them from clipping through :)

It usually works, but not always. I had a zombie on my tail yesterday, ran into a house and closed both entrances. The zombie stood outside first, but suddenly he stood behind me, which was unfortunate...

been freshspawn for 4 hours running from zombies soon as i go near a town they mess me up while looting , constantly running from them ,.bleeding , unconscious respawn lol

my finger hurt and i need a rest i cant do it in a city at all , and if i keep to the long roads and woods i run out of drink and food

soon as i start looting im dead basically or constantly running no point going in a house with zed chasing me shutting door , its is bad thing , even just a barrier stop for zombies once all doors are closed would do for now just so your safe inside a building with closed doors

it is a major thing for me im afraid

SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS!

So, what the hell is going on? In .48 I could easily hit any zombie from the front, behind, to the side, etc. Now, in .49 my fire axe is almost useless! It doesn't matter how close I get, nine times out of ten it takes multiple swings (five or more) to register a hit/kill!

All my buddies don't seem to be having a problem and some say it's better then .48 but I'm not experiencing the same thing. I have a solid Broad band connection (cable) and like I said before, in .48 I could easily kill any zombie I went after. Now I use my pistol instead of my fire axe because it isn't worth tangling with Zeds and ruining my damn jacket or tactical vests.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am?

Edited by Schweinsteiger

So, what the hell is going on? In .48 I could easily hit any zombie from the front, behind, to the side, etc. Now, in .49 my fire axe is almost useless! It doesn't matter how close I get, nine times out of ten it takes multiple swings (five or more) to register a hit/kill!

All my buddies don't seem to be having a problem and some say it's better then .48 but I'm not experiencing the same thing. I have a solid Broad band connection (cable) and like I said before, in .48 I could easily kill any zombie I went after. Now I use my pistol instead of my fire axe because it isn't worth tangling with Zeds and ruining my damn jacket or tactical vests.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem as I am?

I heard Italians have this issue.

Zombies still seem to run through them and they're so relentless now that it's almost impossible to survive unless you get super lucky.

Was just in the town near the crashed ship(not Berenzino) and had like 5 zombies after me and 5 tins of food but nothing to open them with, survived on some berries.

Food is a little ridiculously hard to come by now or at least...to eat, so many cans but no way to open them.

It'd be a big help if we could actually shut zombies out and explore places, it's kind of hard to be thorough when you're getting cut open every few seconds and have run out of rags.

I've shut so many doors on zombies it's silly. Never seen one glitch through. I even trapped a couple on the roof of the Elektro police station for fun.

Also, you can use multiple object to open cans. Axes, knives, hacksaws, bayonets, screwdrivers, etc.

I've had a couple minor incidents with zombies clipping through doors, but for the most part it seemed to work fine. Also, zombies aren't that hard to fight if you fight them "properly", that is, spinning around in circles swinging at them like a madman, believe it or not, it works. Oh and don't spam the attack button, it'll switch your item out.

• Like 2

I've shut so many doors on zombies it's silly. Never seen one glitch through. I even trapped a couple on the roof of the Elektro police station for fun.

Also, you can use multiple object to open cans. Axes, knives, hacksaws, bayonets, screwdrivers, etc.

I locked one in a red brick house today and yelled "booga booga" over direct at it. It wasn't happy

• Like 4

I managed to trap one in one of the Veresnik barracks, then axed him through the door and flipped off his limp corpse. 

In seriousness, zombies clipping through doors is still an issue, but it happens FAR less than before. In the whole time I've been playing .49 I've only seen it twice. Once in a harbor hangar, once in the Elektro police station. For the rest, doors work fine for me. 

Despite a few clipping issues and the obviously the still evolving melee system, I'm loving the new zombie balancing for .49. My most recent session playing on a hardcore server with an Electro spawn was the hardest and most exciting time I've had on Dayz SA so far.

There seem to be more zombies for starters which is a great threat multiplier. They seem to be able to attack more quickly, from a greater distance and require more hits to kill. For a survivor with only melee weapons at their disposal the risk of tangling with the Zeds is significant given that they can destroy your bandages etc.

After several dangerous attempts to take out the zombies I found my only option was to try and trap them somewhere. I managed to lure the 6 that were tailing me onto the roof of the Electro hospital and lock them there before escaping. Attracting still more aggro while looking for a firearm in Electro I had to leg it to Topolka Dam to lose them in the water.

While I still think there are issues with zombies hitting your from around 10 metres away (desync?), hitting you when they're not facing you, jumping and pushing each other through walls and doors, with a little imagination they only add to the desperation of your survival attempt. I only hope that when these issues are tightened up, the current balancing of the zeds isn't watered down to appease the whingers.

Kudos to the devs, looking forward to .50.

Every single zombie I've encountered thus far has clipped right through doors. Many doors. Even doors on different floors. what game are you guys playing?

:( And where can I get it?

Reading threads like this one, almost sounds like we all have a different versions of the game. For me, doors work fine, however killing a zombie with melee weapon doesnt. Also doors are pointless because you only trap yourself as no matter which door you exit zombies know your position, same goes for bigger places like factories. The virus not only gave them super speed and strength but also super vision and hearing

• Like 1