SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

so i got wrecked at nwaf by some KOSers and I lost my mosin... my sweet Betty.

Anyway I went to elektro after I died and I started getting hit by invisible zombies?

wtf is this major dysnch/lag on the server?

That is what we have been talking about since the patch. Invisible zombies are very common now because the patch introduced more lag. Its really bad sometimes.

I am sick and tired of zombies insta aggroing u when u kill them silently...

Sometimes the zombie spawns 100s of meters away out of sight and somehow comes running after me.

Once I kill a zombie I have to leave the entire area to get them to stop chasing me.

I now have to play at night more just to avoid aggroing them.

Why must they instantly aggro me on respawn ?

Edited by trev186

Why must they instantly aggro me on respawn ?

I think they're out to get you.

Is this normal

I'm mostly a new player if we put aside me watching dayz streams for like a year or so. While the first couple of days I didn't had any problems with zombies today it was a mess. I just randomly aggro, through anything like walls or from some massive distances. I just died like couple of minutes so I came here in wonder. I've been in both Sobor's in a time lapse of an hour. I've constantly had zombie hordes on me, like literally after I would kill couple of them even more would just randomly spawn and charge me through walls (some of them took 10+ hits what the hell, also even after some of them died they would have a dead animation but still continue to hammering me and I would been able to do nothing about that) I remember dayz mod I've been able to sneak but not here. Every house I enter I had to fight couple of zombies due to me "somehow" aggroing them through walls and great distances. And yeah of course I died, used all 15-20 bandages I had and used some to heal my arms/leggs. Too bad there is no sneak factor in this game, if you see a zombie miles away just go to him and kill it cause you'll eventually aggro it anyway, also they can be sneaky without a sound jumping on my back suddenly ^^ Sorry for the long rant and poor grammar skills. Did something change today or I was just lucky the first few days. Today I used other melee weapons rather then firefighter axe just to see how good/bad they are, so from that above they seem really bad or that server was some hardcore shiet :)

Its normal since last patch. They should remove their ability to ruin gear until they are not so laughably broken. Navmesh has only made it more frustrating because its so unreliable. Or zeds should never respawn until they are fixed. This broken alpha game is a bitch to play only because of the How Bad zed encounters are. By bad I mean awful.

Go to Berezino (lol)

Fire your gun

There's like 5 zombies that immediately aggro on you. If you kill them, they respawn and come after you immediately. I killed 100 zombies in Zino this way. 

This is an inquiry of the community. For the mechanics of zeds. If you kill them they hit the floor and  and bugishley shake (ragdoll physics) you still take a hit or two after they're dead. Is it just a glitch/ half ass development? If you have ran for 30 mins after zed aggro and lost them, the log out just to spawn as a new character. What is up please fill me in. Thanks

You seem to forget that zeds are "in development". It is a desync bug that slipped in with the new AI system, they are already working on that and it should be fixed in 0.49. When did you write a complex piece of code and got it working seamlessly on the first run? Never? Ok, then let them work :)

• Like 1

This is an inquiry of the community. For the mechanics of zeds. If you kill them they hit the floor and  and bugishley shake (ragdoll physics) you still take a hit or two after they're dead. Is it just a glitch/ half ass development? If you have ran for 30 mins after zed aggro and lost them, the log out just to spawn as a new character. What is up please fill me in. Thanks

The game is in "development" right now, ( did you miss that part when you bought it? ) you are basically a tester because its not a finished product yet

I saw 10 or so zombies in an hour of gameplay, I interacted with 5. The first 2 were in NWAF and I killed them with an axe. Then I got into a firefight and died. When I respawned I moved north the Berezino where I found another 3 zombies. One of them actually went around a fence to get me, then it T-posed and sat in the ground and another came up to to me. I couldn't really hit them because of the desync and the shitty melee system and gave up and let them kill me.

I don't know if I can really express very well how pathetic or a game DayZ is. It's like a sick animal.

The game is in "development" right now, ( did you miss that part when you bought it? ) you are basically a tester because its not a finished product yet

Don't defend mediocrity.

Edited by Publik

As mentioned, the issue is when they see you from one or two km away and then end up chasing you for 20 minutes. Or worse, you don't realise, alt-tab out and come back to a corpse :blush:.  

If you shoot, you just generate another one, and I'd much rather the mechanics of this worked by attracting all other Zs that were already in a given area, rather than causing new ones to spawn. If you try to circle-melee them, chances are it'll work in the end, but you could also end up with something ruined.

However, it's still perfectly possible to stealth past Zs, and my preference is to avoid or evade them. Z's are seriously long-sighted in the direction they're facing. Look at what direction they're looking in and then sneak past them in crouch or prone. In prone, you can get to within metres of a Z if it's facing the other way.This works for me all the time at NWAF and Green Mountain (which is a bastard because there are no gaps in the fence other than the gate). It can be tricky at more complex sites like the southern eastern base, but for me the stealth part of the game works well and I enjoy it.

I'll be honest,i'm getting sick of the bitch slapping zombies.

They are supposed to instill fear at the survivor given they are lethal at close quarters.

But i can't help at laughing at how weak they are.A zombie based of movies and novels is the last thing you want to get near you.

But people would rather use their axe,not to waste a bullet on them.

Will we ever see a tackle/takedown/grab mechanic implemeted on them and encourage the survivor to use their firearms?

In their current buggy state i highly doubt it,there is much debugging to be done before talking about something like that.

Yeah fix the damn zombie or completely take them out untill you guys can fix em this killen zombies just for it to respawn and aggroe me from like 2 block away is crap also fix their los as well im sure its comming eventually.

I saw 10 or so zombies in an hour of gameplay, I interacted with 5. The first 2 were in NWAF and I killed them with an axe. Then I got into a firefight and died. When I respawned I moved north the Berezino where I found another 3 zombies. One of them actually went around a fence to get me, then it T-posed and sat in the ground and another came up to to me. I couldn't really hit them because of the desync and the shitty melee system and gave up and let them kill me.

I don't know if I can really express very well how pathetic or a game DayZ is. It's like a sick animal.

Don't defend mediocrity.

Defend mediocrity?  That's the most laughable thing I've ever heard... The guy was right, you are not.  The game is not anywhere near finished, it's got probably another 2 years or more until it is.   You are a tester, that is all.  If you don't like it then too bad, you wasted your money.  The "game" is not a game, it's essentially a core test, where 90% of the features have not been implemented and bugs have not been fixed.  Then, slowly, from the ground up, they fix the bugs and add the features.  This is what you paid for and you should have read the disclaimer, simple.  Don't blame the devs or the game because you neglected to read/acknowledge the disclaimer.  That's on you.

I'm not sure where all the arguements about the zombies are coming from...The melee is glitchy and yeah, they need some work...But people saying they run faster than you?  Not even close to true, I outrun zombies all the time so I can lock myself in a house or something...Then when they glitch thru the wall, most of time they only make it halfway thru and become easy targets, as they are stuck.  I don't know about this respawn thing..True, more zombies come from nowhere sometimes when you kill others, but not many and they stop coming quickly.  I've killed zombies in an area and not had to worry about them again on most occasions and most never even respawned.  I'd just kill the few once, then I'm left to loot in peace.  Also, when I go to towns that have already been looted, there are no zombies in sight...If they respawn so much, where are they?  Also, it's true that zombies sometimes see you from far away and not in their facing direction, but you just chop it or run, not a big deal.  If you run around a few houses in zigzag or run thru the woods, you lose them in no time.  Finally, I've used all sorts of guns on zombies, including loud af shotguns and have not aggro'd any zombies that way. There's a few bugs that need fixing, but I don't know if I'm just lucky this whole time or ppl are just whining and exaggerating like crazy.  They're buggy, but they've yet to cause me any problems unless I'm fresh..Because it takes like 5 minutes to kill them with fists.

Zombies, have some cool new movements etc. But still walking through walls, and now it seems hitting you through walls. But mainly still no threat to 99% of players

After week and a half of playing dayZ without seeing long range scope I managed to find it as a fresh spawn with only that short sword in my hands. Next thing you know that "crawler" type of zombie aggro and of course with the desync impossible to hit the head or even the zombie, it's like trying to hit the fly. I still don't get it why they are fixing/implementing minor stuff instead of zombies which is kinda annoying and important.

I still don't get it why they are fixing/implementing minor stuff instead of zombies which is kinda annoying and important.

Maybe because "fix the zombies" is no minor thing but rather a complicated, ongoing process involving stuff like AI navigation, collision system, animations, melee system, AI sensors and client/server interaction where every part of coding influences the other ones simultaneously? Coding a good working AI is not even close to coding a set of clothes or a gun. There's no "fix the zombies" guy sitting at his desk at the BI studios, it's a team that is working on all the things needed to make the zombie-AI work as they wish.

And I don't get why people don't get this.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 2

Unstoppable zombie hits

Not really a new player, but probably a new player question...

Even though I kill a zombie with a melee attack, they will hit me; which is systematically breaking everything I have in chest slots (and occasionally backpack).

Is this a typical alpha bug or am I missing something?

I am either running with a ruined clothing, so that the transition to 'ruined' won't damage the contained items, and just bandaging repeatedly.

Or looting at a run and either gunning down a mass of them when it becomes too many, or leaving town with trail of zombies. (Neither of which is particularly stealthy).

If this is a recognised issue then fair enough - I can wait till it is patched.

But if it is just me, then I am curious as to what people think the problem might be (desync, frame rate issues, incompetence etc.?).

Must be desync, happens to me as well. Just make sure to run around the zombie and hit him from behind, you got time cause they're actually really slow on turning, wsad zombos :)

More annoying thing is just silly random aggroing and after killing them spawning again which sometimes feels like an endless loop...

Is this a typical alpha bug or am I missing something?

Not now, if you just browse through this Topic, all is revealed.

Not now, if you just browse through this Topic, all is revealed.

Are all 'questions' about zombies thrown in to this 1500-post 'feedback' thread?

I guess I can infer that it is a bug of sorts by your redirect, so thanks, but I don't quite know what keywords I can use to dredge up an answer from a 77-page topic?