SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Yeah, I've got over 150 hours in the game and I haven't been able to lose them as well. You can run for long distances, zig-zaging as mad, jumping over fances etc. so they could be delayed a bit, but in the end the "Zombie train" always catches you.

So just run, try to find the "axe" you mentioned in the meantime and get rid of them one by one. Zombie AI sucks a lot in this game.

Edited by Tupoun

I haven't played the game for a few months and just started again this week on stable branch. Zombies are brutal now in that you simply cannot lose them. Run around a few building to lose the line of site and hide in a shed and they will eventually catch up with you 30 seconds later even though they never seen where you went. It's incredibly frustrating so hopefully this is addressed soon. It definitely seems worse than previous times.

Also noticed they are coming from miles away now. I was in the middle of a field and they just kept coming to me for half an hour maybe. About twenty of them in total every minute or so another one came from far away. Really strange behaviour for stable sincs I'd last played.

Hey everyone

I just bought dayz and It's alot of fun except for one thing. The zombies almost ruin the game.

1. They detect you and lock on and never stop chasing. Look I understand that zombies don't give up but theres got to be a limit (example: I was chased through at least a couple miles of dense woods and the same one was still chasing me)

2. Nerf thier damage (another time I was in peak condition and I got jumped by one zombie, Instant Death)

3. Get rid of the hobbit zombies (I don't know what else to call the ones that are always hunched over but it's already hard enough to hit a regular one given the hit detection in the game )

4. Nerf thier HP; there is no goddamn way that you can convince me that anything that bleeds can take 17 (I counted) strikes to the skull with a crowbar/hammer before dying!

I can't be the only one who thinks this about the zombies

Edited by Master_Bastard

Welcome to the forums. The subject of the broken AI is a matter the Devs are working on. Just don't expect it to resemble a working model any time soon. Also:

Only use axes and tazers as melee weapons. All other melee weapons are useless in the current game iteration.

Turn any clothes you find that you aren't wearing or handing off to a battle buddy into rags. Empty item blocks not filled with rags? You are in the wrong. And keep rags in every compartment of your person (Shirt,backpack,pants) in case a zombie attack leaves one of your inventory compartments in ruin.

Hey everyone

I just bought dayz and It's alot of fun except for one thing. The zombies almost ruin the game.

1. They detect you and lock on and never stop chasing. Look I understand that zombies don't give up but theres got to be a limit (example: I was chased through at least a couple miles of dense woods and the same one was still chasing me)

2. Nerf thier damage (another time I was in peak condition and I got jumped by one zombie, Instant Death)

3. Get rid of the hobbit zombies (I don't know what else to call the ones that are always hunched over but it's already hard enough to hit a regular one given the hit detection in the game )

4. Nerf thier HP; there is no goddamn way that you can convince me that anything that bleeds can take 17 (I counted) strikes to the skull with a crowbar/hammer before dying!

I can't be the only one who thinks this about the zombies

How about you get just better at the game?  Look at the advantages:

1.  No devs needed.

2.  No meetings at BI to discuss how to nerf the zeds for n00bs.

3.  You spend more time playing and less time whingeing in the forums.

Everybody wins.  :thumbsup:

How about you get just better at the game?  Look at the advantages:

1.  No devs needed.

2.  No meetings at BI to discuss how to nerf the zeds for n00bs.

3.  You spend more time playing and less time whingeing in the forums.

Everybody wins.  :thumbsup:

Or the devs should have fixed the lopsided stats and the zombies ability to clip through walls before releasing alpha. That way the person who payed $30 for this game wins and thered be alot less "whingeing"

The underlying mechanics for zombies are under heavy active development. They are nowhere near a finished feature, thus no need to fix, it just needs more development time.

And the game you payed $30 for isn't released yet. You are playing development builds, which is something you should be aware of everytime you start DayZ. If you're looking for the finished game, take a break, enjoy the fact that you got a nice discount on the title and wait until retail release.

Edited by ChainReactor

Just aim for the head and they drop quickly. Crowbar, fire extinquisher, mining pick, machete and hoe are pretty good weapons as well

Zombies are my biggest gripe with this game and they NEED fucking attention ASAP!

They are supposed to be the biggest threat in the game or one of the the main focuses of the game in my eyes, but right now they are just really annoying and broken.

Zombies have super eagle vision, can see for miles!

Zombies have Xray vision, can see through buildings!

Zombies have advanced Ancient Alien technology, can phase through solid matter (doors/walls/floors)! "Aliens"

Zombies have stanley knives as claws... from pristine to ruined gear in one hit!

Zombies are super stealthy ninjas! Cant tell you how many times I've turned around and shat my pants because a zombie was there... didn't hear him grunt or footsteps or anything.

Zombies are relentless... they will hunt you till you FOREVER!

Zombies are kung-fu masters, evading attacks like pros, or the dance of death as I like to call it.

Zombies only natural predator is the lesser spotted Firefighter axe....Splitting axe, Pitchfork, Crowbar, Pickaxe are useless and cannot pierce a zombies thick hide.

Need I go on?

And don't tell me everything in the game has to be in the game before they start fixing things... what does the AI code have to do with adding new environments and items?

Edited by Count_Grishnackh

Or the devs should have fixed the lopsided stats and the zombies ability to clip through walls before releasing alpha. That way the person who payed $30 for this game wins and thered be alot less "whingeing"

Or you should have informed yourself what the game is about and that it is still in Early Access Alpha. It's actively being worked on and all information you need can be found here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/134-development-blogs-status-reports/

This is the most basic thing you have to understand. You didn't buy the game for 30$ - you bought the Early Access Alpha.

• Like 1

- Aim with the animation of your melee weapon. The white dot isn't a crosshair, its simply the middle of your screen.

- wait until the zombie starts his attack animation, then sidestep or circle him, you have time for an attack now. If he deals damage despite hitting the air you might have lag/desync.

- dont spam your mouse button. Rather hold it down.

- When you want to outrun zombies, vault over fences, since zombies can't vault. But as they can see you from miles you need to make miles too, and it's likely another zombie will spot you while doing so.

With the zombie circle dance and the animation aim, I have close to no problems at all when fighting zombies.

Also, in addition to the axes, a farming hoe or a pickaxe are quite superior against zombies, too.

Does this mean people will have to re-buy the game on release?

No, the opposite. As you're helping the development by buying the Alpha right now. But this includes the Beta and the endproduct.

• Like 1

Zeds aren't OP - you're UP. Get some time in and get some skills, fella.

That's how it works.

Merged.

Now you all know that we have a Pinned Topic for Zombies to post in, don't you ?

I would like members, new and established to use it.

Thanks.

I have been having a lot of problems with zombie fighting. The problem I have is my weapon just passes right through the zombie. I have managed to kill them with a machete but it took a long time and for every 5 swings that seemed to pass right through the zombie maybe one would hit. Even with an axe I may have to swing 3-5 times before the hit counts. Its helped me get better at dodging zombie attacks but it is aggravating when it takes 5x more hits than it should to kill one.

I was thinking that it was a desync issues. That what on my screen looks like a hit passing through the zombies head is actually totally missing him because the zombies actual position is different from what I see on my screen. Could that be it?

I don't honestly know what to tell you, everyone is having different issues and claims about zombies every patch, not everyone can be pleased.

I honestly don't know what to tell you either because I cannot believe everyone would not agree that zombies are still flying through many walls even today. How can this possibly be an argument?

Do me a favor. Go in front of one of the two long barrack buildings, (where hi-capacity vests spawn), anywhere on the map...... then aggro a zombie, go inside the long barrack building. Close the door. Then go inside one of the rooms.... I bet you your freaking life the zombie will go through one of the walls and proceed to kill you.

Zombies to me are just as broken today as they were 11 months ago. Just because they go around a few fences now instead of through every fence........ does not provide for a consistent gameplay.

There are shit-loads of walls zombies still go through.

So really, how can you say some people are having a wonderful time with zombies now?

I honestly don't know what to tell you either because I cannot believe everyone would not agree that zombies are still flying through many walls even today. How can this possibly be an argument?

Do me a favor. Go in front of one of the two long barrack buildings, (where hi-capacity vests spawn), anywhere on the map...... then aggro a zombie, go inside the long barrack building. Close the door. Then go inside one of the rooms.... I bet you your freaking life the zombie will go through one of the walls and proceed to kill you.

Zombies to me are just as broken today as they were 11 months ago. Just because they go around a few fences now instead of through every fence........ does not provide for a consistent gameplay.

There are shit-loads of walls zombies still go through.

So really, how can you say some people are having a wonderful time with zombies now?

Trust me pal, I've had issues with zombies, they just aren't common, and they aren't nearly as bad as they were before. The only zombie clipping issues I've had recently was zombies clipping through doors, and even then that's only happened to me once or twice. I've shot off a gun at Balota and had a giant horde trying to slaughter me that I kept at bay with a set of doors. In my personal experience with the game recently, I don't see zombies being much of an issue any more. It could be that you're just joining a laggy server, or something along those lines. I don't know what to say other than that.

I haven't played the game for a few months and just started again this week on stable branch. Zombies are brutal now in that you simply cannot lose them. Run around a few building to lose the line of site and hide in a shed and they will eventually catch up with you 30 seconds later even though they never seen where you went. It's incredibly frustrating so hopefully this is addressed soon. It definitely seems worse than previous times.

Also noticed they are coming from miles away now. I was in the middle of a field and they just kept coming to me for half an hour maybe. About twenty of them in total every minute or so another one came from far away. Really strange behaviour for stable sincs I'd last played.

Yeah and it seems like the hunched over ones have telepathy or something because i got one on my ass and I was just leavin an apartment building and i spotted one charging at me from a mile away!!

Zombies are my biggest gripe with this game and they NEED fucking attention ASAP!

They are supposed to be the biggest threat in the game or one of the the main focuses of the game in my eyes, but right now they are just really annoying and broken.

Zombies have super eagle vision, can see for miles!

Zombies have Xray vision, can see through buildings!

Zombies have advanced Ancient Alien technology, can phase through solid matter (doors/walls/floors)! "Aliens"

Zombies have stanley knives as claws... from pristine to ruined gear in one hit!

Zombies are super stealthy ninjas! Cant tell you how many times I've turned around and shat my pants because a zombie was there... didn't hear him grunt or footsteps or anything.

Zombies are relentless... they will hunt you till you FOREVER!

Zombies are kung-fu masters, evading attacks like pros, or the dance of death as I like to call it.

Zombies only natural predator is the lesser spotted Firefighter axe....Splitting axe, Pitchfork, Crowbar, Pickaxe are useless and cannot pierce a zombies thick hide.

Need I go on?

And don't tell me everything in the game has to be in the game before they start fixing things... what does the AI code have to do with adding new environments and items?

I hear ya man! When did the friggin protoss decide to give zombies thier tech?!?1

Or you should have informed yourself what the game is about and that it is still in Early Access Alpha. It's actively being worked on and all information you need can be found here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/134-development-blogs-status-reports/

This is the most basic thing you have to understand. You didn't buy the game for 30$ - you bought the Early Access Alpha.

I'm aware of the fact thats that it's still in early access alpha my point being is that the zombies being able to clip through walls should have been taken care of during beta stage!

I'm aware of the fact thats that it's still in early access alpha my point being is that the zombies being able to clip through walls should have been taken care of during beta stage!

What do you mean? Beta comes after Alpha and isn't here yet.

You are correct. It will be taken care of in Beta. Which isn't for another few months.

Just tried this at Veresnik base. The zombie just stood outside the windows growling at me. Then I went to the front door, and it followed me, standing on the other side like some asshole. I even managed to kill it by hitting it with a fire axe through the closed door.