SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Well, I tend not to kill any zed because of the respawn mechanics, so I usually lock them inside the houses and whatnot. The process is like, I agro the zed, bait him to chase me to a house, dodge him and lock the fucker.

Sometimes after locking it he hits me from inside the house (I can be like 20m away from the house running like fucking Forest Gump and the goddamn thing still register a hit) and its aways in this situation, right after locking him he starts to attack the door or the walls of the house and it hits me! The solution for this is to simply jump (that V key), seems like this "updates" your location for the zed and he stops attacking my "ghost" that is inside the house with him.

I find it very wierd that getting inside a building with the zed, running out and locking the door causes this. So if you guys try to lock a zombie, jump before you manage to lock him or he will fuck you badly. Might help with the "invisible" zed problem too, idk.

Now the ones that you kill but hits you anyways... well, no way to avoid it, you just better be healthy and hope for the best. Since i've stoped trying to kill them, my clothes got all pristine and this, most of the time, is not a problem. But you can't aways avoid/lock the zeds right.

Edited by Avant-Garde

These problems are related to server/network performance, I believe. I was on a 40p Experimental server for 5 minutes last night. I couldn't play due to invisible and magical zombies like you describe. This morning I got on an Experimental server with about 10 people. Hackers had fucked up all of the loot spawns (they are using their magic loot pickup tool to force loot spawn) but the game was sooo fluid. My GF asked if I was playing DayZ or another game because everything looked so fluid.

hi guys first up cheers rocket its awesome i love the detail  and depth but game play is lacking if its a game put some game in it and if its a simulator then don t restrict people cause people would make whatever they have to  work maybe take a leaf out of epochs book man one kiwi to another swallow that pride (however deserved) and realise 1. tents or something yeah safes are a bit unrealistic but hey so is not having anyway to set up camp/homebase you always go on about realism well camping and tents are more real than zombies 2. take another lesson this time from state of decay shit game but you can barricade existing buildings once again pretty real and probably what most people would do 3. epoch again AI nuff said

4. I know you dont like vehicles once again realism i get it petrol goes bad real quick and cars would not be an option really quickly but everywhere in the world ive been there are bikes everywhere and what about horses?

on a more supportive note love the ideas i was reading somewhere that you want to make zs affected by hunger level injury etc fucking brilliant and you have gone a long way to make their paths more realistic the leaping at you is lame and the fighting system is a step bacward from the mod though also idea for building just put in padlocks and adjust the sheds everywhere to lock make them breakable though not trying to be a dick here but theres one thing you cant tweak and that is people and in real life people woud hoard spend some money on a psychologist as a consultant possibly? ive played this mod since the beginning ive seen many fail on the way and i think numbers dont lie epoch wins not because its exactly what people want but because they try to make it more open not try and make everyone polay the same way zombies rule nz rules .......standalone .....not quite there yet

yes i realise its an alpha

You are batshit if they think this game will still be getting worked on in a year.

Of course you say that.

hi guys first up cheers rocket its awesome i love the detail  and depth but game play is lacking if its a game put some game in it and if its a simulator then don t restrict people cause people would make whatever they have to  work maybe take a leaf out of epochs book man one kiwi to another swallow that pride (however deserved) and realise 1. tents or something yeah safes are a bit unrealistic but hey so is not having anyway to set up camp/homebase you always go on about realism well camping and tents are more real than zombies 2. take another lesson this time from state of decay shit game but you can barricade existing buildings once again pretty real and probably what most people would do 3. epoch again AI nuff said

4. I know you dont like vehicles once again realism i get it petrol goes bad real quick and cars would not be an option really quickly but everywhere in the world ive been there are bikes everywhere and what about horses?

on a more supportive note love the ideas i was reading somewhere that you want to make zs affected by hunger level injury etc fucking brilliant and you have gone a long way to make their paths more realistic the leaping at you is lame and the fighting system is a step bacward from the mod though also idea for building just put in padlocks and adjust the sheds everywhere to lock make them breakable though not trying to be a dick here but theres one thing you cant tweak and that is people and in real life people woud hoard spend some money on a psychologist as a consultant possibly? ive played this mod since the beginning ive seen many fail on the way and i think numbers dont lie epoch wins not because its exactly what people want but because they try to make it more open not try and make everyone polay the same way zombies rule nz rules .......standalone .....not quite there yet

yes i realise its an alpha

interesting...

have you been following the actual development? perhaps you should read some of the stuff here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/138-devtracker/ before posting and save yourself some extraneous typing.  just sayin. 

• Like 1

interesting...

have you been following the actual development? perhaps you should read some of the stuff here http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/138-devtracker/ before posting and save yourself some extraneous typing.  just sayin. 

How can people make rational comments on something they have no clue? This almost always amuses me? Other times I rage. Don't they realize how silly they are?

A wise man once said, "Shut your mouth. Better for someone to think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it". Or something like that.

Oh well, we'll see this again.

Has anyone recently had zombies not notice them no matter how close or loud you are? Yesterday I was passing through Gorka, ran around a corner and bumped into a regular zombie. I quickly pulled my axe to kill it, but it didn't seem to notice me even though I was standing right in front of it. I ran some circles around it, punched it in the head, and still nothing. So I killed it and moved on. The other Gorka zombies were acting as usual. 

Some time later I was in Novy Sobor, when I saw a zombie standing in a field, no more than 50-60 yards away. Figuring I'd test my PUS SKS I tried to headshot it but instead hit it in the shoulder. Again the zombie just stood there. It didn't acknowledge the hit or the sound of the gunshot. So I moved closer and shot past it, no reaction. So I went up, punched it in the head, and nothing.

Sounds like yesterday's experimental build. The no-aggro-bug got solved by todays update. Hopefully, the correct version gets published tomorrow so people can check it out without crashing every two or three minutes.

AFAIK it wasn't on an experimental server... oh well. 

I got attacked by an invisible zombie the other day. I had to leave the server in order to "solve" this issue.

I dunno if they dream of a good nights sleep but Stary Sobor was pretty busy with em. vbU6mGn.jpgThat's only 7 of them that I got in the pic.  I burned through a 30 round clip and almost  a full 75 round drum walking through town.  It was good times.

• Like 1

last time we were in stary we noticed a buttload of zombies too...thought it was just a fluke but maybe not.

Please don't apply the exp update to stable tomorrow . Zeds still desync and hit an invisible version of the player at other locations. This is so annoying and very dangerous.

Zeds more broken

So I log in to play after finally patched and find a backpack and some food... wohoo.  Then I see my first Zed.  As usual he bugs through doors and walls, but I have a pitchfork so I try to attack.  Can't seem to hit him at all.  Meanwhile he's hitting me even when I can't see him (bugged in walls).  I finally die getting hit as he's "invisible" and I can't run away from him.  lol.  wtf?

You bought EARLY Access to a ALPHA game thats what happened..

Nice first Post

So I log in to play after finally patched and find a backpack and some food... wohoo.  Then I see my first Zed.  As usual he bugs through doors and walls, but I have a pitchfork so I try to attack.  Can't seem to hit him at all.  Meanwhile he's hitting me even when I can't see him (bugged in walls).  I finally die getting hit as he's "invisible" and I can't run away from him.  lol.  wtf?

Yeah its still not finished lol. But I think its coming along quite nicely. I think my frames are better as well. 

Nice first Post

Thanks for this post, super helpful 10/10 5*

• Like 3

Don't use the pitchfork.  :D

True Dat!

Don't use any non-firearm not named an IremansFAY  AxeYAY.

Edited by Zombie Milkman

I'm having good luck with pitchforks actually. Takes a couple whacks for sure, but I'm keeping it until I find me an axe.

Nice first Post

Hope everyone in the community isn't as much of a jerk.  I'm well aware of what I purchased, as I've been playing for about a month now.  That's why I was surprised the Zeds seemed to be worse after the patch (more glitchy).  I'm also noticing just about everyone KOSing for no good reason.  Perhaps your more representative of the community that I would have hoped.  I'll make this second post my last.  Enjoy your perch, it must get lonely up there.