SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

Z's are broken at this time, I don't think anyone would deny that.

This is the post patch Z discussion, so unless you are playing the Exp build (they are somewhat improved and gear seems to be less effected when struck ) this is the place, I quoted you so that you would know where your Topic was merged.

Please fix that bugged zombies.. I'm not sure but it seems to me that after 0.49 is even worse. Yesterday i played with my friend, we were in Sobor, two cities, we didin't use guns, only mele weapons. Why zombies are aggroing from 7856932879046 kilometers, from half map, wtf. We were hidden behind buildings, and we kill one zombie with axe, and after 10 sec, the next 5 zombies came from nowhere.. WTF. Maybe it could be not that big problem, if these zombies would not be so bugged.. Always when i was fighting with them, same tactic, moving around them and hit them on the back. But now? Even if i'm behind them, they can hit me! We had a lot of rags,bandages yesterday and we died both with my friend. Cuz many zombies coming from nowhere, you can't dodge thier attack cuz they're bugged, every time we were bleeding and we used all rags,bandages, the rest was ruined, we had all ruined, cuz all their fking attacks were tricked. And now, the best part. We lost all bandages, rags and we had to find something in New or Old Sobor. Hah! no problem, two big cities, for sure we'll find any bandages or shirts/bandanas for rags. And what happened? We checked ALL houses, all buildings, whole two cities and we didin't find even one fking shirt, only pants, boots etc. and we died. Ok that was maybe bad loot, we were unlucky, but the moral of the story is one: Do something with rags,bandages. More of them should spawn, and it should be possible, to make rags from pants, etc. Because why not? You can tie them and stop the bleeding, even in real life, meterial is suitable. Next thing, of course zombies. Do something with that stupid aggroing from half map and fix thier invisible attacks, or when they are turned away and they do attack, even if you are behind or 5 meters away, they hit you. Really annoying. I don't grumble, first minutes it was funny, and really that was survival, finally zombies became a stronger opponent you should to be afraid, we spent about 15min in that city, full server but the biggest problem, was zombie :P  and how to survive thier attack BUT it's no longer funny, if they hit you every time when it is not possible, cuz they hit air and they are reversed, it's not funny if they destroy your last rags, clothes and all items inside because they have a super magic power and even if they don't hit you, they hit you. :facepalm:

Second situation on stabble 0.48, (tactic move around to avoid and hit zombie still worked so i didin't lost many blood) when i was in small city, i was attacked by 2 zombies so i ran away to a nearby forest and i kill them. After 5 seconds another zombie attacked me, i have no idea where he came from, after 10 seconds another 3 zombies and a moment of silence and peace. I wanted to log out but.. next 2 zombies, again came from nowhere, and again, again, again, i spent 10 minutes under a tree and finally i could log out.. I fought only with fireaxe. WTF with that aggroying. I know it's alpha but instead of adding new weapons or anything other, fix the main, general bugs.\

They really are nasty buggers now. I got killed in Novy Sobor today by zombies clipping through the police station door and/or hitting me through walls over impossible distances. My trusty fire axe was mostly useless. I managed to kill a few, but I took hits as I went, and the respawn system meant they all respawned close enough to keep an endless cycle of zombie going. In the end the blood loss and shock were too much to fix, I got KO'd and killed like a sucker. If some guy passes through Novy on that server, he's gonna find a treasure trove... geared AKM, 3 drum mags, MP5 (no clips though), sawn-off, and enough ammo to overthrow a small country. And I lost my redpunk boots :'(

Magical Zombies

Imagine aiming at a Zombie that is 50 feet away, it aggros and runs at you and you give the SOB a double tap that drops it in its tracks 30 feet away. It has NOT gone into a double maul or a leaping attack but even if you immediately move to the right or left after the shots you get hit  :( . IMHO this pure caca  and I believe that it is getting worse. Have Zombies suddenly grown invisible 30 foot long tentacles?

Seriously the guys need to address what I call  'Glitch-Hitting' ASAP especially with Zombies hitting harder, running faster, and turning better these days. I must say that Zombies that can hit you from  almost 10 meters away after they have been killed and collapsed into the dirt are Magical Creatures indeed.

Does anyone have a theory about Zombie Long range 'glitch hitting' even on servers that have a ping time of less than 100 and where no lag has been in evidence ?? :huh: ??

Edited by Boneboys

or I love shooting a zombie before its near you then it dies. Then it hits you after its dead. then your pristine clothing is ruined....lol

• Like 2

Was it Wonder Woman zombie. Maybe she went invisible?

Or a Klingon zombie that cloaked?

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 1

or I love shooting a zombie before its near you then it dies. Then it hits you after its dead. then your pristine clothing is ruined....lol

That is exactly what happened just before I started this thread. Fuck! I don't know how many shirts jackets and vests dead Zombies have destroyed.

The only thing that can be done right now is weaving with a melee weapon to exploit their shitty pathing. I do not think zombies will ever function properly.

Yeah.  Now I promised to be more positive so I will watch myself here.   However, I'm extremely frustrated as well with how bad the zombies hit detection reach, and the desync lag of when you shoot them and yet, they still get a hit on you.

I'm really hoping to see a newly re-vamped engine that will address how broken zombie combat and pvp combat is.  It's just really, really bad like the OP is saying.

It's ridiculous that after you shoot a zombie dead, they still finish their attack with full force.  

When will we honestly see a difference in combat mechanics?     It's getting ridiculous.

Was just on a full server had many zombies hit me from 10+ meters and though walls. Also up to 4-5 seconds after they die.

Seems completely random.

or even worse. your in a cop shop. shut the outside front door on a sombie.  up the top outside, getting hit (white screen) look over edge. see a zombie doing the hitting animation but getting you 2 stories up. 

then you shoot him and he despawns. but not before hitting you one last time 5 seconds later after death. 

like people said. REMOVE the fn Z's till fixed. 

• Like 1

When will we honestly see a difference in combat mechanics?     It's getting ridiculous.

Another big area we started to improve by the end of august are zombies. First we are still in process of designing and preparing for the new advanced AI. We’ve discussed and designed the new zombie AI with programmers and designers but it will take some time until we see it in the game.

Not any time soon it seems.

or even worse. your in a cop shop. shut the outside front door on a sombie.  up the top outside, getting hit (white screen) look over edge. see a zombie doing the hitting animation but getting you 2 stories up. 

then you shoot him and he despawns. but not before hitting you one last time 5 seconds later after death. 

That right there is one of the silliest things I've heard in the forums. I have said it before, WE ARE TESTERS! If they remove the main push of this game then how would they fix it? The devs had a choice to release the game so we, the fans can test it. If they test it themslves they get way less data and it don't be released for another year or 2.

It's not a finished game tight now, it's a test platform. If you want a working game gta 5 is coming to pc soon and it's going to be amazing.....but your not going to buy it for 30 bucks.

had a pretty similar situation to you OP...was looting with a bambi friend getting her some gear, and eventually i get tired of the stupid melee dance you have to play with zombies to not get hit so i bust out mr .357...

however, i'd say 33% of the time when I would shoot a zombie that was running for us, if they were within 10 meters one of us would still take a hit. so i blow our cover using a revolver on some zombies and we're still getting doinked by em.

edit...i should add it was pretty laggy (dropped items would appear 10 feet away from where you dropped them, crap like that), but considering this level of lag happens is pretty common its pretty bad.

Edited by sab0t
  • Like 1

or even worse. your in a cop shop. shut the outside front door on a sombie. up the top outside, getting hit (white screen) look over edge. see a zombie doing the hitting animation but getting you 2 stories up.

Jesus. You got us beat man. Thats the worst dayz alpha shit I have ever heard.

When will zombies stop getting worse?

i still love the game I just am amazed and confused.

That right there is one of the silliest things I've heard in the forums. I have said it before, WE ARE TESTERS! If they remove the main push of this game then how would they fix it? The devs had a choice to release the game so we, the fans can test it. If they test it themslves they get way less data and it don't be released for another year or 2.

It's not a finished game tight now, it's a test platform. If you want a working game gta 5 is coming to pc soon and it's going to be amazing.....but your not going to buy it for 30 bucks.

Is it not silly that you believe there is something they can learn from us testing utterly broken zombies? If they put in decent zombies to test that would be more valid.

it makes perfect sense to me to remove the zombies if they're completely broken, especially as testers. they are bugged as hell and capable of killing or maiming you despite defending yourself sensibly, which only gets in the way of playing/testing every other part of the game.

if vehicles were implemented tomorrow, would it not be wise to disable unnecessarily impeding (and broken) parts of the game that prevent most testers from using them? 

if active development was being done to the zombies then they should obviously be present for testers to see what's changed, but (and forgive me for not keeping myself too up to date) as far as i'm concerned, zombies have only gotten worse since i started playing the mod/SA, and i haven't seen any work being done to them since i can remember.

The only thing that can be done right now is weaving with a melee weapon to exploit their shitty pathing. I do not think zombies will ever function properly.

Of course you don't.

had a pretty similar situation to you OP...was looting with a bambi friend getting her some gear, and eventually i get tired of the stupid melee dance you have to play with zombies to not get hit so i bust out mr .357...

however, i'd say 33% of the time when I would shoot a zombie that was running for us, if they were within 10 meters one of us would still take a hit. so i blow our cover using a revolver on some zombies and we're still getting doinked by em.

edit...i should add it was pretty laggy (dropped items would appear 10 feet away from where you dropped them, crap like that), but considering this level of lag happens is pretty common its pretty bad.

But the game isn't optimized yet. That doesn't happen until Beta usually from what I have heard. (Like a year from now maybe?) Until it's optimized lag will happen badly and even when it is optimized there is not game that doesn't have a lag spike from time to time. It's terrible right now but it's not meant to be good...yet. 

Edited by CANUCKinNZ

I haven't encountered this with as alarming frequency as others. I tend to kill zombies with my axe and do so in a dodging roundabout fashion. There's some serious issues we can only hope will be resolved with the expanded work on not only the servers to combat lag and desync but how the zombies work as well.

But the game isn't optimized yet. That doesn't happen until Beta usually from what I have heard. (Like a year from now maybe?) Until it's optimized lag will happen badly and even when it is optimized there is not game that doesn't have a lag spike from time to time. It's terrible right now but it's not meant to be good...yet. 

You are batshit if they think this game will still be getting worked on in a year.

You are batshit if they think this game will still be getting worked on in a year.

What do you mean? From reading many of the dev blogs, twitter accounts and forum posts it takes at least that long. Look it's taken nearly a year to get to version .48 and point .49. Why would you think any different?