Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

dean said worst case end of april for the new patch so time is running low to keep with that ... i guess we will see ... i have yet to be able to light stuff on fire so im looking forward to that still 

Looking forward to fire as well. That's the only thing missing from the last devblog. Hopefully if they don't get it to EXP by maintenance time, guaranteed updates, accelerated time, and the new items will be tested enough to put stable. Not sure if that is realistic to expect or not.

I would not mind waiting until the end of the month for the stable patch. There is still a lot to fix and improve ( throwing, stances for using the binos etc) and also fireplaces and cooking etc should go to exp. first. 

• Like 2

thanks for the tent loot on experimental. 

feels like it have reduce Kos a little because people are happy like unicorns again

Is the new City allready in experimental? 3000 Objects and new industrial.

Not there yet.. I was wondering up in the area where the new town is going to be, and nothing yet.  

feels like it have reduce Kos a little because people are happy like unicorns again

Tent loot is in the stable build as well.. has been for awhile now.  :P

• Like 1

Why do people talk about the experimental branch, in the stable branch?

I do not understand ...

I want a bottle of vodka!

I have heard this is a bug in EXP.  Weapons claimed off of killed victims are not usable.  The fix is to have the weapon in your inventory, log out, then log back in.  After that you should be able to use it.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=10844

link added to bug report

Thanks a lot mate!

Hi all.

Aint been on this game for 2 months now, any major changes?

When is next patch?

Does this game still wipe your char at random like before?

Cheers.

Edited by V3teran

Hi all.

Aint been on this game for 2 months now, any major changes?

When is next patch?

Cheers.

Read the change log here and on experimental

Well I just got sniped at with a small calibre at the nwaf tenttown, my strong guess is m4. I went behind cover, got lag-shot twice more after going down and went unconscious. Came back after about 20 seconds and ran for it. The funny thing is that I found not a single m4 in the tents, plenty of attachments, and at the last two tents, I all of a sudden found empty m4 mags. That got me really worried after not seeing a single soul since Krasnostav. And bam, 10 seconds later...I guess the guy was happy like a unicorn, though, so that's all right :). I so love getting shot at and pulling through, so I was also happy, even though my stuff was mostly ruined.

I'm not sure what has been released since I don't follow the forums as much as I used to, but I played last night on a stable server with a buddy of mine and I wanted to share a few things.

1. Mouse movement - Finally, my mouse feels normal and is working great.  No lag, or issues with "smoothing".  I was able to turn this feature off which was great!

2. FPS - My FPS seems to get better and better.  Running in certain forests or plains, I average about 45.  I went to the ship off the east coast and was at 90 FPS lol.  In cities like Berenzino, I average about 35... which isn't the best, but it's an improvement and is playable.  

3. Desync - I had a few desync issues (according to the colored chain-link that comes up) on last nights server I was on.  Every so often I'd get the red link and occasional yellow link.  I also noticed a slight lag when I shot my gun.  I shot it and it took a sec or so to actually hit the wall.  

4. Loot - It would appear that loot is spawning in houses where I never found loot before.  I'm glad to see this, even though I only found some rotten fruit and useless clothing types.  Regardless, it's still nice to see some kind of loot.

Overall - My buddy and I died last night, but not before taking out 4 people in the apartments of Berenzino which was an intense fire fight.  It all occurred on the 3rd floor in between rooms.  Lol craziness.  

Devs are doing a great job!  Thanks.   :beans:

• Like 1

I'm not sure what has been released since I don't follow the forums as much as I used to, but I played last night on a stable server with a buddy of mine and I wanted to share a few things.

1. Mouse movement - Finally, my mouse feels normal and is working great.  No lag, or issues with "smoothing".  I was able to turn this feature off which was great!

2. FPS - My FPS seems to get better and better.  Running in certain forests or plains, I average about 45.  I went to the ship off the east coast and was at 90 FPS lol.  In cities like Berenzino, I average about 35... which isn't the best, but it's an improvement and is playable.  

3. Desync - I had a few desync issues (according to the colored chain-link that comes up) on last nights server I was on.  Every so often I'd get the red link and occasional yellow link.  I also noticed a slight lag when I shot my gun.  I shot it and it took a sec or so to actually hit the wall.  

4. Loot - It would appear that loot is spawning in houses where I never found loot before.  I'm glad to see this, even though I only found some rotten fruit and useless clothing types.  Regardless, it's still nice to see some kind of loot.

Overall - My buddy and I died last night, but not before taking out 4 people in the apartments of Berenzino which was an intense fire fight.  It all occurred on the 3rd floor in between rooms.  Lol craziness.  

Devs are doing a great job!  Thanks.   :beans:

Now that is a helpful comment

mouse movement 1:1 is already on stable??

Edited by MetapoliC

Why do people talk about the experimental branch, in the stable branch?

I do not understand ...

I want a bottle of vodka!

Sure thing. Just link us to the official 0.44.123800 experimental thread. We'll all be waiting :D

Now that is a helpful comment

mouse movement 1:1 is already on stable??

Not that I'm aware of. Also I don't think the little checkbox mouse thing does anything or at least based of Dean's comment at Rezzed where he said it's basically trolling us (he was joking but not really) lol as it does nothing.

I do love 1:1 on exp though! That alone almost makes the game feel like a different (better) game! :)

Edited by haknslash

I do love 1:1 on exp though! That alone almost makes the game feel like a different (better) game! :)

Hell yes and I'm not going back to stable before 1:1 mouse is there haha

Same here!

No more 'fridge on the back feeling :D

Edited by haknslash

Me either. It really is that nice, once you get used to it. When I first logged in I moved my mouse a little and spun 360 lol. I find my aiming to be more easily controlled with 1:1 

A little disappointed that small updates are being done to stable but no word from any developers. No recent word at all when the next update is possibly going to happen OR what is being silently added to stable. Stuff has changed for sure, because my toon is thirsting and getting hungry much faster now... very unrealistic imo...

If you didnt download a new patch for stable then they changed nothing in stable ... server changes they will not post anything about only client changes ... and honestly with as much as people complain about info not being enough or even slightly incorrect or something small being left out i dont blame them for not rushing to put out any patch notes ... half the people in these forums are blood thirsty and want to lynch the devs ... bunch of keyboard warriors .. if they are unhappy with the game at the moment they should just take a step back for a few and wait to play it 

• Like 1

are the experimental servers working with the normal Day/Night cycle, or the faster one?

Edited by TheFluffyHusky

With accelerated time ...is thirst and hunger also accelerated?

are the experimental servers working with the normal Day/Night cycle, or the faster one?

Night seemed to last forever the last time I played.

Not sure, but I went to my settings and when I lowered the smoothing to nothing my mouse felt 100x better and had a better reaction.  This was on Stable.

Not sure, but I went to my settings and when I lowered the smoothing to nothing my mouse felt 100x better and had a better reaction.  This was on Stable.

Yes my buddy has confirmed the 1:1 mouse on stable! At least he is saying that the mouse movement is much better than before, he is on stable branch.

• Like 1

were you in first person? mine only drinks if I go to first person

No, was in 3rd, so will try that next, thanks