rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Man if you can eat raw rice, raw potatoes are no problem

Yeah..its damn funny in the game you can eat rice raw!! being myself a rice eater, the one that aren't cook is tough as hell!! might break your molars tooth hahaha..

I understand it takes time, and they don't want to put anything with criticals bugs to stable but stable is already bugged. The most critical bug I can imagine is already there - not being able to respawn like: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1x2vzq/cant_respawn_you_are_dead_on_joining_any_server/

I got bugged character like this aswell and can't play for quite a while now, waiting for that patch that is pushing back all the time.

Playing on experimental isnt really an option to me because I play alot not in prime hours and servers are rather empty.

Hi!

The issue you linked has been fixed a while ago. Have you by any chance drowned when you last died?

• Like 1

Ask the Irish

You and Boneboys are going into the little book of naughty boys promoting ethnic stereo-typing.

What you should be doing is asking for Dean to add Bar-b-ques to the cooking options, fair dinkum? :D

Hi!

The issue you linked has been fixed a while ago. Have you by any chance drowned when you last died?

This issue was supposed to be fixed in 0.35 but it wasn't... it is still there. Go to a server, join it, die several times and you will not be able to respawn... it is totally reproduceable.

Edited by Rancor

You and Boneboys are going into the little book of naughty boys promoting ethnic stereo-typing.

What you should be doing is asking for Dean to add Bar-b-ques to the cooking options, fair dinkum? :D

Completely off-topic.

I have partaken in a bar room brawl (I was not given the choice) with my Irish friends, all about tatties and which region grows the finest in all of Eire.

Not a subject to be taken lightly.

Back on Topic please.

• Like 3

why don't they stick to making a new post each patch its getting messy.

• Like 1

This issue was supposed to be fixed in 0.35 but it wasn't... it is still there. Go to a server, join it, die several times and you will not be able to respawn... it is totally reproduceable.

Honestly, it's not. It never happened to me and I've played a lot. There is a possibility of a similar problem if you drown, that issue is known and is being worked on.

• Like 2

Honestly, it's not. It never happened to me and I've played a lot. There is a possibility of a similar problem if you drown, that issue is known and is being worked on.

My friend had that problem. Although it arose when he spawned off the coast, under the water.

He managed to walk like ten meters closer to the coast before drowning. Then respawn, walk ten meters, drown. Rinse repeat. Until he finally got back on shore. It took him like 50 lives to get back. Is this the problem you're referring to?

why cant they just remove mouse acceleration?

oh its a lot of work nobody plays with it on or they give you a option to turn it off.

acceleration means adding to what you dont do. please fix or give option.

• Like 1

My friend had that problem. Although it arose when he spawned off the coast, under the water.

He managed to walk like ten meters closer to the coast before drowning. Then respawn, walk ten meters, drown. Rinse repeat. Until he finally got back on shore. It took him like 50 lives to get back. Is this the problem you're referring to?

Pretty much, yes.

• Like 2

The DayZ development team is still so small, I counted +- 20 people working on the game.

Here is the video of Rocket's workforce. (Tour of their new office)

I cant wait for the "Stick Attack" to be patched in!!!! ive been waiting 3 years for this!!! rofl what a joke team. they all acting like they are working so much, all to show nothing but a WIP stick attack. LOL.

Hmm strange,

as 0.35 was released i ran into that issue.

I Got killed, pressed the respawn button, as the countdown ends, the game told me that i was dead. Changing Server didn't help So i could't repsawn.For me it is basiclly the same issue than in 0.34.

Next day, i played on a hardcore server and got killed... same issue. As i switched back to regular, i could spawn... but after i got killed the issue was back.

Since then i am playing on experimental. I never experienced this issue in 0.37 or further.

Sorry for  bad english i am not a native speaker ^^

Edited by Rancor

Hi!

Yes, yes i did. I'm in water. When I enter the server I'm alive for like 5-10sec (sometimes i cant even move) and die after that... it is just that i'm not really dead. I mean i see dark screen etc but i still can tab into my eq (i have nothing on me actually because i droped all after that). Going out of water isn't really an option because I'm nowhere near a place where you can exit water.

Yes, yes i did. I'm in water. When I enter the server I'm alive for like 5-10sec (sometimes i cant even move) and die after that... it is just that i'm not really dead. I mean i see dark screen etc but i still can tab into my eq (i have nothing on me actually because i droped all after that). Going out of water isn't really an option because I'm nowhere near a place where you can exit water.

Like I said, this issue is known and is being fixed at the moment. The thing is that your character is actually not dead when this happens. That is why the respawn button is not available. You can try logging in and waiting until you starve to death, the button will become available then. This is what a few people confirmed to be a workaround. 

• Like 3

Anyone know when the Exp servers will be back up? The DayZ Dev 123 server is at version 42.116170, so I'm guessing they're fixing the 'session lost' errors?

that's the version we downloaded yesterday, isn't it? experimentals yesterday had the same version on it.

Campfires and the ability to throw stuff!! My dreams are becoming a reality! 

Who wants to celebrate with me by throwing rocks at fresh spawns?

Beach party with campfires anyone?

• Like 1

why cant they just remove mouse acceleration?

oh its a lot of work nobody plays with it on or they give you a option to turn it off.

acceleration means adding to what you dont do. please fix or give option.

First post here. I felt compelled to create an account today based on my experiences yesterday on the exp servers.

Let me say first that I dig the game. Lots of good stuff...but;

As if I hadn't just gotten used to the clunky, horrible gameplay controls; it seems as if in between patches someone said "the mouse controls don't suck enough, we need to make player movement way more difficult and annoying...."

WTF is the deal with this? I've been around for quite a while and played my fair share of games. This game has tons of potential but is quickly turning into a game I don't see myself playing for long simply due to the terrible mouse movement. It's an instant dealbreaker for me.

Also, in a game so heavily based on weaponry and perma-death you'd think that the weapon accuracy would be better. I'm used to playing games like COD and BF competatively so I KNOW when I'm shooting someone in the face. Gun accuracy in this game is hit or miss, even when scoped in on the LRS, all pristine, crosshairs directly on face from only <400m, hold breathe, boom...miss.....!@##!@ Maybe make the guns shoot where you aim them....What's the whole thing with the bullets pulling down and to the left, like... are you serious?? How can a detail like that fall through the cracks in a game like this?

• Like 1

I personally think that mouse accel should be optional, if it isn't. I prefer 1:1 controls. However, if mouse accel was forced, I suppose it would force me to get used to it. I just haven't messed with it for a long time, and I do know it takes a little getting used to.

I guess we'll see. I'm a little on the fence about it, but i'm sure it will be fine.

Edit: Okay, after reading around it likely will be optional at some point. Fine by me. Maybe i'll prefer it after playing with it for a while. I do know that in FPS years back, once you were good with it, it was far superior than 1:1 for ganking bitches.

Edited by Gekkonidae

[...]

Comparing FPS Games with straight bullet trajectory to Arma "real life" simulated bullet trajectory. Seems legit.

Just to clarify if you did not know. You have to zero out your weapons based on the distance you are shooting. Dunno if you knew that or not.

Also really nice Weekly Update on tumbler! I am getting excited for whats coming!

Edited by Ellen Ripley