Hetstaine

Rocket standing down from Dayz by end of year

I paid $30 for the Standalone, so I kind of feel like I own Rocket's future.

Thats the way to do it. Ignore the blazing issue in front of you and exxagerate the complaints so you can act like we are over reacting. Cant wait to see your comments in ten months time. I will laugh in your virtual face.

You guys want mod support now? Huh?

the mod will be a more stable entity in 10 months than the SA.

• Like 1

Let's be honest. DayZ was Dean's baby, and we will all miss him, but I'd guess that's around the transition to Beta which would be the best time possible to step down. By then the Dev team should be able to hammer out the game. 

This is the funniest rage-hard thread I've ever seen on this site (which is saying something).

Some of you guys have no shame whatsoever lol

:D

• Like 1

Personally I think he should have seen the project through to release.  That would of been the 'correct' thing to do under the circumstances. 

However he does seem like a loose cannon and pretty unprofessional, I'm sure there are better people to lead a $30 million game development team.

• Like 2

laughing jack is the king of the rocket fanclub

this guy has only spouted off wishlist ideas, or relayed progress OTHER PEOPLE have made on his game.

every stream, every interview.

rocket hasn't done shit all for dayz except generate hype.

now that sales have EFFECTIVELY PEAKED his presence is no-longer needed

his influence is no longer WANTED by poeple in this community who want to play a finished product

Mh no, not as far as I know. I don't even have a crown or a scepter...

And I'm not a fanboy, I hope, I just try to reason and think about things being said...and I get annoyed if people are shouting out "facts" that they obviously made up. If you did not made up these things, my apologies, but please present a source for this...

Edited by LaughingJack

Hello there

Any more insults and I hand out points.

Stop it.

Pointless posts hidden

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

How can he just get up and leave in alpha or very early beta, this is ridiculous to announce now. The fact he has called it a flaw concept after making so much money from his fans is also ridiculous. 

Rocket, you're supposed to see it out to the end.

I think a lot of people are speculating too far within this topic. 

However I can sympathize with the doomsayers. Something does make me worried when a guy who spent over a year hyping up DayZ has now said it is flawed and will never be the game he wants it to be. 

It just seems odd.

Has he realised that DayZ will never match his vision? Or what?

This game will not forever be in development limbo.  In a years time you'll come back to the game and be wowed with the tonne of implemented mechanics and other interesting ideas and polish inside the game.

ahahahahahahha

• Like 2

This is the guy who will take over:

todd-howard.jpg

Yet another ruined franchise.

Edited by Awruk
  • Like 1

And I'm not a fanboy, I hope, I just try to reason and think about things being said...and I get annoyed if people are shouting out "facts" that they obviously made up. If you did not made up these things, my apologies, but please present a source for this...

watch any recorded time dean has played the SA.

So much doom and gloom... come on guys! the end of the world is only in the game! It's not like there will be nuke perks put in or anything... *Holds back the rampaging cod kiddies*

My opinion on this however, is that if Dean is absolutely 100% confident that the game will be ready for release in the ten months time during the beta phase, and the team he's leaving it to will continue adding awesome things after release, then we have nothing to worry about. BUT that doesn't mean they should rush it! I feel like Dean should be around at least until late in the beta before leaving, yes even during the bug fixing process just in case.

All we can really do though, is sit back, watch, and brutally murder all the cod kiddie, kosing, douches that try invading our zombie apocalypse paradise.

It just seems odd.

Has he realised that DayZ will never match his vision? Or what?

this sig sums it up

2wn3h3n.jpg

• Like 2

The crazy side of Rocket has won over the creative side. I was fearing this day. JK ,Fuck off, Dean, we ALL know you stole the idea of Dayz from The Blair Witch Project movie from 1999.

You hack

:D

• Like 3

He just flaked out of his own game.  That's the end of this story.

Works on game until alpha, gets home sick, flakes out of development at Alpha stage, he's flaking out during the alpha stage, and this is OK to people? jesus.  

The professionalism of this is zero to none.  Again more comparisons; it's like Ken Levine flaking out of BioShock infinite at alpha stage cos he wants to work on other projects.  It's ok because Ken is the ideas man, he can leave his drones to do it.  No Ken Levine leaves when Bioshock Infinite IS FINISHED.

Whoever thinks this is normal practice for development, then get real.

This is just another message to people to be cautious on buying early access.  They give no fucks they have the lion share of the money now. 

Edited by electroban
  • Like 8

Anyone who has a singular focus for years...one project they work on 12 hours a day, 7 days a week...is going to get burned out on it and want to do something else eventually.  

This project has pretty much been Dean's life for years and I don't think he'll leave it until it's viable without him.  

That being said, Dean doesn't strike me as the type of bloke to retire and just disappear.  I think the others here who have suggested that he will open his own studio are correct.  

Folks who climb mountains (real or metaphorical) typically don't every retire...ever.  This  :beans: is for you Deano!  :D

7 days a week?  He took months long adventure vacations.   Why the fuck do you think zombies can still walk through walls?  God you are misinformed about Deans level of effort in this game.

• Like 3

...when a guy who spent over a year hyping up DayZ has now said it is flawed and will never be the game he wants it to be. 

Where did he say that? And by hyping up Dayz do you mean the gazillion times he told people not to buy the game now?

-make mod, abandon it unfinished to start another project (dayz sa)

-do some work and abandon it before it has even gotten to the status of your last unfinished work

So....will he build a studio and abandon it as soon as he hires some staff?

Way to go, Dean. Try to actually finish something in your life before starting new projects.

• Like 1

I feel a bit like we're breaking up with Rocket and then still have to share the same tiny apartment for the next ten months. :)

• Like 4

Rofl some of your guys's responses to this are amusing. 

Sad to see Dean go.

We demand a Dean statue ingame so Dean will always be with us.

• Like 2

Well well well, the toys have well and truly been thrown out of the pram.

Dean isn't DayZ. You are seriously disrespecting the hard work people have already made and are making on this game.

Cry babies: I can't find my violin right now but I assure you it's tiny and I'm playing your tune.

• Like 4

Where did he say that? And by hyping up Dayz do you mean the gazillion times he told people not to buy the game now?

Nice timing though, his announcement, he couldn't announce this of course, before they released the game to early access, no of course not, why would they? Transparency isn't going to help boost sales.  

GET REAL.  He must of known that he was leaving when they were charging for the standalone.  Best bring it up later though.  

• Like 1

Well well well, the toys have well and truly been thrown out of the pram.

Dean isn't DayZ. You are seriously disrespecting the hard work people have already made and are making on this game.

Cry babies: I can't find my violin right now but I assure you it's tiny and I'm playing your tune.

Dean is Dayz, Dean is the vision for the game. What he's done is not only disrespectful but wholeheartedly unprofessional. To call a game we've all bought into as a 'flawed concept' is bullshit.

• Like 1