Hetstaine

Rocket standing down from Dayz by end of year

well its not the end of World of Warcraft new expansion latter this year is being made. lol

What What burn the heritic, BLASPHEMER ..

The end of brain cells as we know it ( i have so few to start with )

Seriously still dont like the timing of announcement or its manner but hey his life one way or the other dayz will grow..

What What burn the heritic, BLASPHEMER ..

The end of brain cells as we know it ( i have so few to start with )

Seriously still dont like the timing of announcement or its manner but hey his life one way or the other dayz will grow..

I have over 167 mounts dude.

If it's like most other major deadlines he's set, he'll be with us until late 2015. I'm not too worried. :P

In the meantime it will nice to see some Bohemia people consistently appear at devblogs, expo appearances, interviews. If the community gets to know the core team better, it won't be so hard to imagine DayZ going forward without Dean at the helm.

Edited by Thoric

I never really cared for all the hype behind dayz standalone and rocket. Free mods such as Epoch and Origins have taken the dayz concept way beyond rocket's vision.

I don't trust BIS either. They'll probably give survivors the ability to use lightning strikes to attack sunny vacation resorts...

No, dayz is supposed to be about your story, your ideas and should not be dependent on what one guy or a bunch of guys decides what is best for the entire community.

The captain* jumped off the sinking ship first. That's the ultimate disgrace for a man's dignity.

But, hey, what more can anyone expect from a game being promoted by a hacker**?

Even WarZ developers were more honest.

Sweet justice for all the bashing  people have suffered from the fanboys for  telling something is going wrong with this game and the fanboys where screaming *IT’S ALPHAAAAAAAAAAA* and those uneducated and physically incompetent admins BoS’ing*** them for speaking their voice.

Now I enjoy watching both admins and fanboys losing the ground  beneath their feet.

Rocket himself solemnly proved me right. I pwned in every possible way all the admins and fanboys, once and for all.

Poor admins enjoy you last months  being sheriffs. Because the future is very, very cheerless for you.

Forum will become more and more a ghost town, and the only future this forum has is in gay and MLP threads.

This will teach you to respect and stop meddling in people’s business that are superior than your pitiful existence.

I will be frequenting from time to time your ever-collapsing community just to spit in your face how lowlife and ignorants you are.

Your god, your master, the one who you were sucking day and night left you out in the cold like a one stand bitch.

Pain, Pain and Pain is all you feel. No matter how hard you try to prove the opposite, you know that your stallion dumped you to enjoy his shitload of money you gladly helped him make.

Once he runs out of kiwi dollars he will be back to ask for your help on his new venture**** and like loyal bitches that you are, you will happily bend over to take one more in the ass.

MY WIN over  the admin arrogance. Who are rejecting as trolling or flaming what they cannot confront.

MY WIN over the fanboys ignorance. Who are defending blindly Rocket’s decisions.

You are into a sand dune, the more you fight back, the more you sink.

Apply_cold_water_to_burned_area.jpeg

Vaseline-Petroleum-Jelly-450x450_tcm117-

You will need them from now on.

Later suckers,

62361711c02eaa44409b79ebee049268

*Rocket,**Frankie, *** Banning on Sight, ****Another Early Access Scam,

have my beans sir

Free mods such as Epoch and Origins have taken the dayz concept way beyond rocket's vision.

No, just no.

I'm sorry but my Nonsense alarm just went off.

Edited by DemonGroover

although we often get accused of being over strict.

No way this forum is strict, check out the Bethesda forums.

Mods there are so lazy that you can't even start a "polemic discussion" without getting your thread locked at 1st post.

A suggestion to community: lets buy one way ticket for Rocket(Dean hall) to send him to Ukraine...AND announce that hes Janukovichs brother!! :D:D:D

Just want one thing Rocket till you stay as Lead for 10 months - I Beg you to fix Walls and Floors and im happy to have hardcore pvp simulator.

Edited by arturkanx

Here's the thing. He can add everything that's supposed to be in the game in the next ten months, it might all be broken and then in Beta other devs will get to make it all work...

HOWEVER, him leaving the head decision making position is worrisome to me.

But, obviously the guy's a quitter, so let him quit...

Edited by Highlander007

Not surprised about this to be honest, he scored big when DayZ came out on early access, why would he hang around after his bank account is full?

I've always thought dean was a bit of a tosser anyway, does not have his priorities straight, goes on extremely long holidays and from my experiences and what I've seen, doesn't listen the community  and has some messed up vision of what DayZ should be, where you can't tell if you character is hungry or suffering from blood loss (I read somewhere that he wanted to remove the text from the bottom left corner).

I, for one, will not miss him, its a shame we have to put up with him till the end of the year, before some competent game makers (Bohemia) get to take the reigns and DayZ gets back on track

I, for one, will not miss him, its a shame we have to put up with him till the end of the year, before some competent game makers (Bohemia) get to take the reigns and DayZ gets back on track

Sounds a little like: "If I can't have cake, I don't want it!"

Sounds a little like: "If I can't have cake, I don't want it!"

Not at all, I think Dean is a retard and I'm glad he's leaving, the game has so much potential, but is being side tracked by stuff that doesn't need to be in there (cowboy hats anyone?) and I think the driving force behind most of it is Dean

Edited by beani5003
  • Like 1

A suggestion to community: lets buy one way ticket for Rocket(Dean hall) to send him to Ukraine...AND announce that hes Janukovichs brother!! :D:D:D

He'll have to rocket the fuck out of there.

• Like 1

He worked for a Long time on DayZ. Now that he has the kind of "fuck off Money" why shouldent he go back to NZ and do his own thing. Also from what i understood it was never planned he stays longer in chech than needed.

I dont see the Problem here.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

It doesn't matter, the game model was there in the mod, it just needs to be finished now.

No more then three months in and already attempting to disappear, what stands for dayz in the future, doesn't look good. Kinda getting worried that all people who invested in the game are going to get shafted.

Its only like 20€, you drop that kind of money from your pocket when you go outside... its nothing. One man is not end of this game.

Not at all, I think Dean is a retard and I'm glad he's leaving, the game has so much potential, but is being side tracked by stuff that doesn't need to be in there (cowboy hats anyone?) and I think the driving force behind most of it is Dean

Sir, you are the retard and you should be leaving if you really think that some silly items will delay or do anything to the development process. You have no clue what and how these development teams work... what a ignorance, really..

cowboy hat or pants doesnt matter, variety is good in every aspect.

Edited by Zeppa

where you can't tell if you character is hungry or suffering from blood loss

Press Tab noob. Oh, you find it out youself now? Now you come with hats. You're so pathetic. :P

If dayz then is in the beta, I see no problem.

No home sweet home in alpha please... :P

Edited by NoCheats

Press Tab noob.

If dayz then is in the beta, I see no problem.

No home sweet home in alpha please... :P

yeah, and from what I gathered from what i was told, they (or Dean) was planning to get rid of of even the info you get on the Tab menu, could be wrong,

And Zeppa, maybe I wasn't clear, what I was getting at was the fact that there are more important items to add to the game than cowboy hats, so why put them in, stuff like that can be added later on

yeah, and from what I gathered from what i was told, they (or Dean) was planning to get rid of of even the info you get on the Tab menu, could be wrong,

And Zeppa, maybe I wasn't clear, what I was getting at was the fact that there are more important items to add to the game than cowboy hats, so why put them in, stuff like that can be added later on

Offtopic, maybe the guy working on cowboy hats has nothing to do with important stuff? Back to topic?

A captain that doesn't go down with his ship is no captain at all.  "I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept, and I've ALWAYS recognised that."

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Would love to see what other flawed concepts you have up your sleeve, Dean.

Sinserely will enjoy seeing how many support his future efforts in this business.  "I have a specific use. I'm really good at risk-taking and making other people take risks"

Dean has risked only his livelyhood in this industry.

Would anyone want the architect of the World Trade Center to build their house, knowing that an aluminum can could send it into freefall?

i just want to know why dean thnks its a flawed concept?!    its because of technical limitations of the engine?

what are the things he had in his mind (visions) which now cant be done in dayz?!?   did he promise us things to come which they now cant make?!? and therefore leaving the sinking ship ?

I really hope he stops arguing now with all thise ... on reddit and stuff. He is going the right way now, releasing videos :)

Have fun watching: 

• Like 1

Really people?

That's the DayZ community?

That are the people, that bought an early access alpha even when the developer said "Don't buy it", because they believed in something - be it the game, be it the developer, be it the studio and played countless hours of a raw skeleton of a game, made thousands of stories, wrote even more suggestions, discussed features and ideas about this game, filed a million bug reports to make the game better?

I was always a little bit impressed with the people here. Sure, there are a lot of whiners and trolls (the bad kind, not you, johnny) and a lot of threads in the General discussion that made my eyes bleed....but the majority of the people had heart and even if they called names, were stubborn and aggressive, you could always see that they cared about the game and the direction it would take.

I know, most of these people that cry "he took our money and ran" have stopped reading by now, so it won't change anything to them, but maybe somebody else gets where I want to go with these lines.

These reactions here...wow. You are better than that, people, at least most of you. Somehow I think that some people feel abandoned and hurt, because they trusted somebody a little bit and now they feel let down.

I'll just start with some things Dean wrote on reddit:

About abandoning the project:

Where did I say I was "abandoning" the project?

For starters, it's not my decision who leads the project - it's Bohemia's. And secondly, it needs to be considered who does what at key points in a project's development.

The question I raised is if I am the right person to be leading the project from the end of the year, not that I will be abandoning the project.

About the "flaw in the concept":

I am honestly completely perplexed as to why this has caused so much anger/hate-mail. I cannot think of a single thing I have ever done that I have not looked back on and identified the flaws. It is such a natural process of reflection for me, that I thought it was just part of general common sense.

I look back on the basic design of DayZ, and I can quite clearly identify core aspects of it that, if changed and mastered, could improve the experience. Alpha is not the time to be changing such core fundamental elements of the game. But they are things you remember and discuss with people to see if they are solvable in the future.

Just because DayZ was commercially successful does not mean it is the perfect multiplayer game.

We can make DayZ absolutely perfect, seamless, optimized, and running fantastic in every way - and it in my eyes it will not be the ultimate multiplayer game.

Absolutely, 100% I'm proud of what the team and I have achieved. Very proud! But I'm aware that many of the limitations we face at a core level, exist because of my mistakes as a designer at the star

About some other things:

To clarify a couple of important points:

• I'm still the project lead of DayZ, and there are currently no plans I'm aware of to replace me in that role.

• Ultimately, even if I did leave - DayZ belongs to Bohemia and there is a very large and ever-growing team of people working on it. While I appreciate the sentiment, It's rather insulting to them to suggest that without me the whole project would suddenly implode. The community, Bohemia, and myself have plenty of time to make plans for the long term development: but whatever happens I want to be back with my family in 2015.

• Bohemia develop's and sells DayZ. I contracted to assist them with this process on a yearly basis. I certainly don't get all, most, or even the large share of sales money. That money goes to the studio which is used to fund development - as it should be. This is used to hire really skilled and awesome people - it's those people who develop the game and I've been working with those talented people to realize the vision.

• I miss home, I want to return to New Zealand to be with my family after being away many years. It is my intention to do that next year, but I'm flexible. I said the same thing internally last year, this year I'm being more deliberate about it so everyone can plan for it.

• I'm very critical of the work I do, I believe that's why I can do work that ends up quite successful. I'm very critical not just of the delivery of work I do but the base concepts behind them. I like to share and discuss those critiques because I think that makes me a better designer through the process.

And again about leaving:

If I am as bad as you are making out, then surely it would be better that someone else take over the leadership?

I have not:

• stood down; or

• announced a date that I will stand down

I have said that:

• I intend to return home to New Zealand at the end of the year

• I question if I am the best person to lead the project when it comes out of Alpha, given that I might not have the skillset required, the local knowledge (including the language), and that I will have spent three years working in this environment

These points are all worthy of debate and discussion, hence why I've always been honest and open about things.

I'm not quite sure how in one breath, someone can state I'm terrible and at the same time criticize me for suggesting it might be best for someone else to take over the leadership

Maybe I'm to naive, but I don't think he is lying here...

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 5

I don't think it will matter much in the end. DayZ is a licenced product by Bohemia and they can do whatever they want with it in the long run.

Bohemia has got plenty of experience and I don't think DayZ will suffer because of his departure. I think this has got more to do about the fact that he doesn't own the rights to the game and he wants to be a free bird.

@LaughingJack

They mistake you make is believing people all people are educated and intelligent ;)