Hetstaine

Rocket standing down from Dayz by end of year

Do you trust Rocket? He picked the team, so either way you trust Rocket or you don't. If you don't then I have to wonder what keeps you playing.

I don't trust rocket to actually finish the game. For sure, there will never be a DayZ 2.

And no, even if he stays until it is 'beta' doesn't mean that it will be complete. You can call anything you want 'beta.'

That's why I feel the future of dayZ rests with community mods for ArmA.

I don't trust rocket to actually finish the game. For sure, there will never be a DayZ 2.

And no, even if he stays until it is 'beta' doesn't mean that it will be complete. You can call anything you want 'beta.'

That's why I feel the future of dayZ rests with community mods for ArmA.

That's not really what I asked you or what I said, but okay.

This thread is still going wow.

I say let the man go home he clearly misses his family and wishes to move back home.

Lets please stop pretending like Rocket does all of the work at Dayz, the dev team that seems to be constantly growing is going to do just fine without him.

So relax all is fine,

• Like 1

I'll make this as short as possible:

Mdogg: Nice trolling :) Did you feel sorry for Johnny or DayZForumer? ;) But I'd suggest derailing this thread with a debate over...well...ingame politics and electing a major of Cherno...or that KoS is the flaw in DayZ...or that the Zombies are the flaw in DayZ...or the Z in DayZ...or the Day in Wednesday....meh I'm not good at trolling. I'll call Johnny, that's his part. I reason, he trolls.

randalmcdaniels: You are either a moron or an illiterate. Yeah I know, that's not nice from me to say, but in the freaking post ABOVE YOURS I wrote some things that would have made your post unnecessary if you would have read it. And I'm not talking about the other 40 pages of this thread. Oh wait, 42.

joe_mcentire:  Pf. Why not the Batman-letter-from-his-father thing?

Karmaterror: Chill. Wait. I know from your posts you are one of the guys in this forum that is just committed to the game and tries to help and are now feeling let down. So I'll just say: read my damn posts in this goddamn swamp-hole of a thread. Just to make it short: the 10 months is no absolute date. In fact he stated that there is not date when he will stand back from development lead and work as an adviser for DayZ, only that he wants to do it until end of the alpha, because in his opinion he is not the right man for leading a development team that is fine tuning.

DarkwaveDomina: Oh cmon don't fall for Mdogg when he tries to troll^^

Benjamin: Arma3 team and DayZ team do not share any personal apart from a few object designer if I remember correctly. Well maybe the janitor or the guy that brings the lunch, but I don't know about that ;)

....can we please let this thread die now? -.-

• Like 2

Why is everything dean hall talks about say have to do with.. "when i need to go home" "they will do fine without me blah blah blah" "a good leader is someone who teaches there team to do good although im not here"

JESUS CHRIST DUDE.. Is that all you talk about?? leaving?? Mount everest is the only place that could get you far away enough from dayz? It seems like all dean hall has ever cared about since first starting dayz is getting as far away from it as possible.. This dayz IP could be the next biggest thing since VALVE and 99% of all REAL game developers who are not afraid of their own shadow would give an arm and a leg to be project lead of such a title. And all he cares about is getting as far away as possible?? If you stopped doing so much thinking about "what i want in my heart wahhh" and just sat down and started working instead of whining it would be freaking done by now..Its just a freaking video game not a prison sentence. Are you that much of a pussy that you want to go home to your mommy? your like 40 or some shit grow up.. Put on your big boy pants, purchase a game studio, have all your developers come together under one roof, buy a redbull machine for the office, buy a toaster oven and pizza bagels, and just have a blast while being  part of one of the biggest momumental moments of video game history you pussy!

Is he seriously thinking about his next game when he is smack dab in the center of the birth of one of the biggest IP's to ever hit gaming?? Dude needs to be put in a mental institution if you ask me

If your heart is not into it than step down and let one of the other thousands of game developers who would give an arm and a leg to have such an awesome job

You have been in charge of dayz for the last two years.. YOU HAVENT DONE JACK SHIT to the game.. and you make it seem like you are a slave working in a sweatshop crying about every little thing.. "i want to be free and climb mountainssss" "i want to quit the military and do what my heart tells meee" "I want to go homeee" wahhh im a little baby who nicknames myself rocket.. do you also have racecar bordered wallpaper and a teddybear?

Couldn't of summed it up myself. Rocket uses big words he doesn't know the meaning of to excuse away his clear incompetence. "Why has little to no major progress been done in the last 2 years?" - "Err Uhhh Its not my fault, I'm a great developer actually". Rocket tries to put up this big image like he's tough but he's just a big manchild. With all that crying it's no wonder he joined the military to make himself feel tough but in the end he's just a big baby.

Since the beginning he's acted like he doesn't even want DayZ to succeed as you said. It's like he's acting as if he's had all this unwanted responsibility thrusted upon him and we're supposed to feel sorry for him because he's sad? How about just shutting the fuck up, having fun and getting down to work.

He is a narcissist. If he's close to 40 years old and he's still flashing gang signs while climbing mount everest like he's 15, chances are he's an immature manbaby.

Yeah wolffe, Rocket is the one who tries to put up a "big image like he's tough". Next he might change his internet persona to a wolf and start insulting someone he doesn't know over the internet, in a thread they're not even taking part in!

• Like 3

No one should have ordered DayZ, until the devs confirmed in the beginning they were picking a non-shitty game engine to work with. Dean "the hack" Hall talks of "general common sense" in his recent excuse session on reddit, however was their common sense clouded by alcohol or drugs when they decided RV3 was a great idea?

Knowing no technical details, anyone with "general common sense" immediately notices severe flaws with all iterations of the RV engine. I then stumbled upon a more technical-based thread on Reddit describing how something called occlusion-culling is non-existent in the engine. The basic gist of it is that the RV3 engine uses your computers resources to render objects that are miles away in game. Occlusion-culling in place makes the client not render objects that cannot be seen by the camera. Ever wonder why you get 20fps in cities? It's rendering everything at once pretty much all the time when it doesn't need to.

You would think Dean "The Hack" Hall and all his superior "general common sense" would know this about the RV engines, and wouldn't hesitate to pick something better. Hell, even Unity is better in nearly every way that matters.

This is why I have, from the beginning, laughed at Bohemia & Hall because I already knew how previously shitty the RV engines really are in areas that matter for gaming.

What they have essentially done is decided to build a skyscraper on top of a foundation of wafer-cookies.

I shouldn't question or criticize though. After all, Dean's got that "General Common Sense" going when he isn't crying about returning to NZ.

Edited by wolffe

I just dont understand the point of remaking DayZ Standalone at all then. I thought the point was to clean it up and make it the DayZ experience everyone wanted... Hence building it from the ground up... Not gonna lie kinda freaked out.

I think they should have used the Arma3 engine to be honest! but oh well....

Hello there

Why on earth would anyone think they wouldnt use the RV engine?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Hello there

Why on earth would anyone think they wouldnt use the RV engine?

Rgds

LoK

Please don't use common sense.  It's not allowed here.  <_<

• Like 1

No one should have orde<snip>

Merging

Wolffe,

Your rage, your butt hurt, it..... comforts me.

Edited by GrappleX

This just seems like another cry for attention from Dean, sounds like a whiny bitch. There will be 10 games cashing in on this goldmine before the end of the year with superior products.

• Like 1

Oh no, the romance or "bromance" between him and Matt may end. Unless of course he packs little lightfoot in his case, and whisks him off to his beloved home land, and together they continue their beautiful love affair ;)

• Like 1

Benjamin: Arma3 team and DayZ team do not share any personal apart from a few object designer if I remember correctly. Well maybe the janitor or the guy that brings the lunch, but I don't know about that ;)

Don't forget the CEO.

Talking about the content and design, I guess standalone is much different from the mod.
We all know that the mod is limited by the original game which is ARMA II.
I don't think it's easy to create stable things that the original game doesn't support.
So the standalone comes for that. As being the alpha, and still in active development even though Hall's leaving, at least we can still expect much more to come.
But I'm very much agreed that if the game has to be going much far away than now, dedicated servers running isn't the solution, kind of a giant rock in the middle of the road. Maybe the MMO style is really the only way to make a survival game surviving.

Good luck to Rpcket and I will definitely be looking into his future projects.

I do find it strange though, after being bought out, and receiving royalties he wasn't under some contractual obligation to at least see the game through til finish. Perhaps it might go another direction someday?

I like being showered with dev videos and and patch notes though at the same time as receiving the news of his departure though.

This thread sickens me, not because of the announcement, but because the people here.
So much ignorance, selfishness, idiotism and what not... "got 100k pla pla mount everest plaa plaa" omfg people, get some grip with your rants and speculations.
I understand that some people feel bad or cheater, but thats only because their own mindset is so far off. There has happened nothing so awfull, people have just made this shitstorm that shoudnt even be here in the first place because the issue aint worth it.

Dean have said months before this that hes working with dayz 12 months or so, at least(quoted in this thead before). Now few months later he said it again and suddenly its a huge deal... ???

Studio like BIS can handle this game after the 10 or so months that dean will be present. ITS NOT LIKE Dean have been doing everything by himself to this point, not even a long shot! Few things here and there, as project leader... leads the team and its tasks. There is ALOT people working on different aspects and there will be capable person to take over the lead after Dean leaves. Everyone is replaceable.

If you get paid infront bonus from the job you just got, how the hell does that mean you should use that to make your own studio... you just made contract to another company and you should make your own at the same time? Where the hell people even got this idea?

If you were employed by a lets say logistics company and got paid bonus infront, now you should use that to start your own company?? what the F people?

Also the shit that RV cant ever have proper mele system, what?? There has already been huge steps towards it, this is what is wrong people are ignorant ranters. Because of BIS the engine has and will be modified to suit the needs...

/rant about rants

Have to stop reading these threads, makes my brain melt.

ps rant. Also people seems to have problems understanding what they read. And they dont bother reading the follow up that rocket has given. IE game being flawed, dont even bother to go in to explaining... just look it up, I dare you.

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 5

how quaint that people are so concerned with where people who work in the computer industry reside on the planet. Windows 95 is on the phone, it wants remote desktop back..

• Like 1

Well thank you Dean! Way to say "Gimme your money and go f**k yourselves!!!"

Hope this ends in court! What a f*cking scam!!!

Great first post Psycho.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 4

I knew mankind was fuked up.
But this thread, is making me belive Zombies are real.

"Bad bad Dean... gimme good game nuuuw"

when a facepalm isn´t enough

i´ll do it  like steak&potatoes
because it feels like popcorncinema

citizen-kane-clapping.jpg

Rocket…well done for simultaneously pissing off a million odd people.

Quite frankly his handling of this project has been abysmal and this move makes him out be such a whiny little bitch. This is coming from a man who claimed that he was such a perfectionist and that he took responsibility for everything that happened on the project and wanted total creative control….to oh Its diminishing returns and its Bohemia’s game not mine….

Quite frankly I think the game will progress more quickly without him and be better off without him. So no I am not angry with him actually leaving as I believe it’s a good thing for the project, but I am angry with the piss poor job he has done so far and I certainly won’t be pre ordering any games that come out of the stupio he plans to set up. Lets be honest if he cant handle this project what makes him think he can run a whole studio???

Personally this is turning out to be a war z situation very quickly. From lead on the project to, its not my game, disapearig and dusting his hands of it. People say oh hes got another 10 months…. You really think he is going to do jack all in those 10 months when he has already said he is leaving? Lets be honest who here actually gives 100% to a project you have already washed your hands of and you have the prospect of your own company on the horizon?

So in short, happy dean is off the project because he wasn’t ready to lead one of that size and this shows how ill prepared he was. So onto a brighter future for dayz imo!

• Like 1