rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

So, around 5x that of a real human being. I don't actually mind that, given the huge distances in the game. 

More like twice the average running speed for longer distances.

Drop spraypaints to make cars. WTF dude. I thought you gonna say fix bugs, wall cliping, player movements,dsync, performance fix but no. You just want fucking cars.  What rocket needs to do is get more ppl on fixing bugs we want to be fixed since mod, while art team can still work on new content

He had some good points except for the cars but bikes would be nice.

Hex you're correct in saying that there is many other priorities then adding cars.

I set my beta participation to the experimental branch but when I try to join a game, only stable branch servers appear. How do I fix this?

I set my beta participation to the experimental branch but when I try to join a game, only stable branch servers appear. How do I fix this?

Servers arent up, read through maybe the last page? lol

In version .33.114792 updated 2 files: characters_headgear.pbo и characters_tops.pbo

Edited by PR9INICHEK
  • Like 1

bobotype3334, stop whining and keep playing, enjoy what you have. Your point that you can't get around without a car is invalid.I haven't played ArmaMod so I really don't care what you had there. If you want a car so badly, than go and play ArmaMod instead, because in SA alpha you can't do much anyway. Currently you're complaining that there are no cars in the game, but as soon as these get into the game you'll start whining that your car didn't jump from server to server with you or it's lost when server restarts. Actually, I'd prefer horse (like Rick Grimes in TWD) or bicycle. These two would make more sense in post apocalyptic world.

Edited by Simplicity
  • Like 1

Fuck yeah! Can't believe how awesome this is! Thanks!! :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

bobotype3334, stop whining and keep playing, enjoy what you have. Your point that you can't get around without a car is invalid.I haven't played ArmaMod so I really don't care what you had there. If you want a car so badly, than go and play ArmaMod instead, because in SA alpha you can't do much anyway. Currently you're complaining that there are no cars in the game, but as soon as these get into the game you'll start whining that your car didn't jump from server to server with you or it's lost when server restarts. Actually, I'd prefer horse (like Rick Grimes in TWD) or bicycle. These two would make more sense in post apocalyptic world.

Cause a virus would wipe out all cars...

is there anyone else thats closing Dayz and get a error crash... running win7 64bit

Confirming this issue and also have 64 bit win7

• Like 1

do not yet know anything about climate change? 

I hope you will add this feature and affecting the very survival, even after the clothes are wet from the rain can dry with a campfire to avoid the risk of getting

Absolutely loving the update speeds guys, i figured patches of this size would be maybe monthly, but this is like the 2nd in a month. very impressed. hopefully theres a free slot or 2 today :)

Good stuff, cant wait for this one.

however a big issue:

I am the first person to advocate for a server hop timer, as proven in some of the mods of the mod and breaking point arma 3. It is necessary and it works wonders. (however unfair some may think it is)

In the case of SA, where you have yet to implement loot spawn timers, this will not work properly.

The reason server hopping is so prevalent is of course its an easy way to loot up, but also because you havent implemented the standard loot spawn timers! (forcing honest players to HOP just to get a can of beans...or a mosin)

Start with adding a loot spawn timer, then do the log out timer and server hop timer.

I personally dont care at this point, as im a lone wolf and tend to keep my gear for weeks.

Any time you want player interaction, which is a big part of DayZ, you will be forced to enter high pop server fully knowing there wont be any loot...

Edited by deebz1234
  • Like 1

So, around 5x that of a real human being. I don't actually mind that, given the huge distances in the game. 

No, it's actually about 30% slower than the 100m sprint world record. The lack of a stamina system is what's unrealistic. Even in the mod, you couldn't sprint for long.

Was able to play for 5 minutes, and then I got disconnected from the server. No more servers showing up...

the average human walks 5 km per hour.. that would be 40km in 8 hours. unless you can run at 45km p/h lol. it is obvious though every one is looking to play the game at a different pace. perhaps different ratios of time might be needed for different servers. 

4km/h actually.

No, it's actually about 30% slower than the 100m sprint world record. The lack of a stamina system is what's unrealistic. Even in the mod, you couldn't sprint for long.

Eh? In the mod you could always sprint forever....what mod have you been playing lol

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

Eh? In the mod you could always sprint forever....what mod have you been playing lol

Jog, not sprint. I'm pretty sure (but it's been a while), that if you started sprinting after a bit your character dropped into a jog.

what he said ^

you can hold sprint all you want, after a while they go slower than the jog speed. some sort of fatigue mechanic

Well, servers are online, but I can't connect, only getting "Confirmation of Changes - Connecting failed". Is this just another error for a full server? I do get the full server notice sometimes, but sometimes I also seem to be able to join, but then I get that connecting error. Tried all servers now.

Edit: And yes, I set my game to experimental.

Edited by acid574