rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

But there shouldn't only be a few, there should be 20 repairable car spawns to start off.

There should be 200 repairable car spawns.

This isn't the 1910's when a village might have had a one car.

It doesn't mean that all cars should be drivable, but most cars should be repairable even if the parts were scarce.

Having only a few cars in the area size of Chenarus with many villages and cities is ridiculous.

This SKS gun can actually be good thanks to semi automatic fire. But in game m4 still will be better becouse more bullets in magazine.

Hmmmm... Nope.

Edited by Exorade

Can we expect a character reset with this update?

IMO after the magazine spray glitch there should be a reset just to lower the quantity ot 5.56 ammo created.

Considering DayZ is a game influenced by realism, you have it all wrong. For a start, don't think so coast-centric. Vehicle spawns would be scattered across the whole map, so only about 5 would be available to bambis. Vehicles would require repair as in the mod, which leaves you vulnerable while doing so and forces you to look for parts. Jerrycans to fuel cars would be needed, so players would go through a well trafficked area and find it empty of fuel. As for gearing up, it already takes a decent amount of time to get some stuff; weeks is a ridiculous expectation. I would suggest removing Balota Military Camp and decreasing the amount of full on military loot spawns if you don't like how easy it is to get a full kit, but we don't need many more items at the moment, especially cosmetic shit. What we need is vehicles, because they could potentially decrease banditry and make players explore the 225km squared map which is currently being ignored and wasted, which stops players from finding bugs in the far corners as they test. Vehicles are a "now" priority for letting players explore deeper; not different types, just one for now.

Was lurking in these forums for a while and this particular message forced me to create user account and comment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently you can't explore these rural areas because it's too far? You spawn in Solnichniy and can't get your ass to Svetlojarsk? (But somehow all you, whiny kids, manage to get from Solnichniy to airport without any problems)

The only reason whiny kids like you need car, is to get their asses to airstrip or military bases as soon as possible and it has nothing to do with exploring the map.

I know it hurts to run from spawn point to military objects and gear up, but that's the point of this game. In life things doesn't come easy, so it shouldn't be different in DayZ.

• Like 9

Suggestion, in future changelogs could you possible be clearer for the masses, i still dont understand some of the fixes and i read it twice. thanx

• Like 2

This SKS gun can actually be good thanks to semi automatic fire. But in game m4 still will be better becouse more bullets in magazine.

Only in the hands of somebody who can't shoot.

I never mentioned the coast or new players. All I said is that 1 vehicle per 2 players is too many...

Well it really isn't if fuel and parts are resources you have to search for, in which case even a 1 to 1 amount of cars to players on the server wouldn't be too many, because they still have to go the the trouble of gathering parts, repairing a car, and There's nothing wrong with every player having a car, in fact. In a zombie apocalypse there would still be many cars around because too many citizens were zombified to drive them. It makes sense for parts and fuel to be a rarity, but not zombies. And I was talking 20 cars spread across the whole server, so it isn't 1 vehicle per 2 players unless every player treks across the whole map looking for one, and so I naturally assumed you thought they must all be in easy reach.

I think the idea of taking 2 weeks to gear up the perfect amount of time as it would be more realistic. think.. if there are only 40 odd people in the entire 225km square map, then it must be taking place a long time after day 0. that would mean thousands of people would have come through before you and lost themselves to the fate of reanimation and also consumed the majority of the resources that you would gear up with. this would include vehicles. enough parts for 3-4 vehicles for the whole map would be enough I think.

I think that the vehicles that remained in Chernarus would be the ones that broke down or crashed into each other. Considering the chaos that a zombie apocalypse entails, that would be quite a large number. Only parts for 3-4 vehicles is quite unrealistic considering that this is a 225km2 map, and the fact that there is still some un-rotten fruit like fresh bananas, and that most zombies are not swarming in maggots or missing too many limbs, means the apocalypse should be perpetually about 4 or 5 days in, assuming these bananas were unripe initially and that the devs would have bothered to model little maggots. So, sure some survivors would have taken the remaining working cars. That makes sense. But definitely more than 3-4 broken down cars would still be left in a 225kmarea, and I reckon 20 would suffice. As for gear, in any major town in a Western nation  could run around and gear up in roughly an hour. A human can go 360 kilometres in 8 hours roughly, so covering the whole map to get gear in real life, realistically, would take more into a 2-day period than a 2-week period. Also, many of the people who came through before you would have died within the confines of Chernarus, leaving their uneaten food and unused items and, of course, car wrecks where they died. So no, I don't think taking 2 weeks to gear up fully is realistic if you are all out looking for loot, and I don't think 20 cars is unrealistic either.

• Like 1

Was lurking in these forums for a while and this particular message forced me to create user account and comment.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently you can't explore these rural areas because it's too far? You spawn in Solnichniy and can't get your ass to Svetlojarsk? (But somehow all you, whiny kids, manage to get from Solnichniy to airport without any problems)

The only reason whiny kids like you need car, is to get their asses to airstrip or military bases as soon as possible and it has nothing to do with exploring the map.

I know it hurts to run from spawn point to military objects and gear up, but that's the point of this game. In life things doesn't come easy, so it shouldn't be different in DayZ.

Wow, you created an account just for me? What a GREAT addition to the community.

You want to tell me about life and how things in life don't come easy? Let me spell it out. In real life, we invented cars because walking was slow and tedious and wasted time we could spend doing other things. THEREFORE, if DayZ is realistic, there are cars, because not whiny kids but whiny adults were the ones who gave a reason for there to BE cars. Stop trying to look cool. In life, things don't come easy, but in real life son, yes indeed cars do exist. And they existed in the original mod too, moron. Delete your account now.

• Like 2

SERVER STILL DOWN!!!

I think that if there would be point in terms and conditions about this alpha test were they would said that every player that posts something like this would get his balls teased people would still not learn.

Like devs said. They will be up when they will be up. And when You will know when is that time? When You will see freakin servers online.

You know whats more annoying than complainers? Ppl complaining about them.... Dude because this is alpha it doesn't make it bulletproof for any criticism. Obviously ppl shouldn't cry about lack of content or bugs, but in same time they are allow to state their concerns about game. So stop shouting "ITS ALPHA"  every time someone have something to say.

Complaining about a complainer complaining ??

Ty for the update ! Can't wait to get off work to test this.

There should be 200 repairable car spawns.

This isn't the 1910's when a village might have had a one car.

It doesn't mean that all cars should be drivable, but most cars should be repairable even if the parts were scarce.

Having only a few cars in the area size of Chenarus with many villages and cities is ridiculous.

The majority of cars would have been taken already by fleeing survivors, although it's a pretty heavy assumption that many were allowed to escape by the military. And it is an obscure, log cabin-in-major-towns-post-Soviet-state, so cars wouldn't be as frequent as Western nations, but indeed there would still be many in the entire area. But starting off with 20, rather than 200, that the player actually had the basic skills needed to repair would be fair enough, assuming Joe Survivor is an average bloke and not a well trained auto mechanic. 200 unrepairable cars would make sense as decoration/road obstacles.

• Like 1

That's one ironic nickname.

Well it really isn't if fuel and parts are resources you have to search for, in which case even a 1 to 1 amount of cars to players on the server wouldn't be too many, because they still have to go the the trouble of gathering parts, repairing a car, and There's nothing wrong with every player having a car, in fact. In a zombie apocalypse there would still be many cars around because too many citizens were zombified to drive them. It makes sense for parts and fuel to be a rarity, but not zombies. And I was talking 20 cars spread across the whole server, so it isn't 1 vehicle per 2 players unless every player treks across the whole map looking for one, and so I naturally assumed you thought they must all be in easy reach.

I think that the vehicles that remained in Chernarus would be the ones that broke down or crashed into each other. Considering the chaos that a zombie apocalypse entails, that would be quite a large number. Only parts for 3-4 vehicles is quite unrealistic considering that this is a 225km2 map, and the fact that there is still some un-rotten fruit like fresh bananas, and that most zombies are not swarming in maggots or missing too many limbs, means the apocalypse should be perpetually about 4 or 5 days in, assuming these bananas were unripe initially and that the devs would have bothered to model little maggots. So, sure some survivors would have taken the remaining working cars. That makes sense. But definitely more than 3-4 broken down cars would still be left in a 225kmarea, and I reckon 20 would suffice. As for gear, in any major town in a Western nation  could run around and gear up in roughly an hour. A human can go 360 kilometres in 8 hours roughly, so covering the whole map to get gear in real life, realistically, would take more into a 2-day period than a 2-week period. Also, many of the people who came through before you would have died within the confines of Chernarus, leaving their uneaten food and unused items and, of course, car wrecks where they died. So no, I don't think taking 2 weeks to gear up fully is realistic if you are all out looking for loot, and I don't think 20 cars is unrealistic either.

the average human walks 5 km per hour.. that would be 40km in 8 hours. unless you can run at 45km p/h lol. it is obvious though every one is looking to play the game at a different pace. perhaps different ratios of time might be needed for different servers. 

the average human walks 5 km per hour.. that would be 40km in 8 hours. unless you can run at 45km p/h lol. it is obvious though every one is looking to play the game at a different pace. perhaps different ratios of time might be needed for different servers. 

Well considering that in dayZ you have endless sprinting? I think you're forgetting that little tidbit.

Well considering that in dayZ you have endless sprinting? I think you're forgetting that little tidbit.

for now. fatigue will be added later i guessing. either way though I am excited for what's in store

Sprinting speed is around 20-25 km/h, no more, in the game. This guy took 70 minutes to run the roughly 26km of the coastal road edge to edge.

I think he's claiming that it's supposed to.

Well, it really doesn't. The loot spawn chance must be infinitesimally small in log cabins, because I have never, ever seen any loot in one, nor even heard of anyone who's seen loot in one. Maybe it spawns below the floor or something, but it sure doesn't spawn inside the house.

• Like 3

Sprinting speed is around 20-25 km/h, no more, in the game. This guy took 70 minutes to run the roughly 26km of the coastal road edge to edge.

So, around 5x that of a real human being. I don't actually mind that, given the huge distances in the game. 

• Like 1