rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

Will there ever be the addition of evidence that a Zombie apocalypse has occurred other than just the zombies?

Wouldn't it make sense that there would be dead people that hadn't turned strewn all over the place, whom can be looted? The odd arm or leg here and there?

Gimme blood.

But seriously I'm not talking hollywood style blood 'n' guts  just signs that it IS a Zed Apocalypse rather than everyone's just vanished. (Though thwacking the ever loving dust out of a Zed with an axe should cause just a tiny bit of blood no?)

The Mod used to have a few body pits but they've gone and weren't enough of a "display" anyway.

Anyone heard of talk or plans of this? (Link please)

• Like 1

Will there ever be the addition of evidence that a Zombie apocalypse has occurred other than just the zombies?

Wouldn't it make sense that there would be dead people that hadn't turned strewn all over the place, whom can be looted? The odd arm or leg here and there?

Gimme blood.

But seriously I'm not talking hollywood style blood 'n' guts  just signs that it IS a Zed Apocalypse rather than everyone's just vanished. (Though thwacking the ever loving dust out of a Zed with an axe should cause just a tiny bit of blood no?)

The Mod used to have a few body pits but they've gone and weren't enough of a "display" anyway.

Well there's that busted up bus near one of the spawning points along the coast that has a pile of dead bodies outside of it covered in mud.

There's also the fact that no one is alive, and instead they're zombies.

Well there's that busted up bus near one of the spawning points along the coast that has a pile of dead bodies outside of it covered in mud.

There's also the fact that no one is alive, and instead they're zombies.

on the left side of balota airfield too, alot of daed civilian bodys behind the stone wall next to the tents in west direktion.

maybe the soldiers cleand the iland befor leaving... maybe it was not enough time to burn them.... there are ALOT of bodys...

Edited by quantum2k6
  • Like 1

Gimme blood.

Someone didyn't explored NWAF 100%

Can anyone confirm that the 300Round Box is bugged? When I add a stack of a certain ammo type that is already in the box, the first stack goes to 0 and stays 0 even if you take it out of the box.

My server just crashed, restarted, and I tried to rejoin. I never got past "please wait", so I quit an retried.

Got hit with the 5 minute timer for quitting a server too quickly.

The timer is fine in theory, but some checking to make sure you actually played on the server would help.

Gimme blood.

As far as I know Rocket prefers stuff like dead bodies to have a real background ( killed players or zeds) and to add just subtle aspects of gore...but who knows ...I personally would love to see some more stuff like massgraves etc

• Like 1

imo, there should be an abundance of vehicles.

think about it,  if a zombie apocalypse happened, cars wouldn't simply "disappear" 

there would be cars everywhere, littering streets, parked in driveways, ect.

would all of them necessarily run? well of course not. 

but they would be there, available to whom ever may be able to get them running.

say you stumble across a farm house with a truck parked outside, only, it has no gas. well, logically, if one was able to obtain gasoline, one would also be able to use the truck.

same goes for if it had a faulty engine, if one could scavenge the parts (which would be much more difficult than simply finding gas) for that vehicle, and fix it up, it would be usable.

what im trying to say is, even with an abundance of vehicles, not all of them would be usable. as would be the case in RL, givin the situation.

parts would be scarce, requiring much time and effort in order to obtain. Also, you would have to know what you were doing when fixing them (Ex. requiring a manual of some sort depending on the car), cause lets face it, not everyone knows how to fix cars.

if they were able to implement some sort of similar system ingame, not everyone would have cars, only those who devoted the time and effort into gathering the necessary parts and knowledge.

it would also make use of the misc. books and such, give incentive to actually look for certain ones.

it's just my opinion on the whole vehicle argument goin on in the thread. 

I think I should have clarified better when posting. "Working cars" is what I mean be the amount of vehicles. I like your idea of having to read manual's to fix the cars. also batteries do not last forever and we wouldn't be able to charge our batteries unless we found some sort of solar charger.

Is there anything to stop players tracking players on servers, will this hopping thing do it. Only watching on twitch as my PC is an old 2004 build. But having the guy  stream sniped by a fire team over and over kind of kills the enjoyment for the views and the poor streamer. Plus 30" seconds sounds a really short time. So if I was in an ATC and seen a three man squad and opened fire only to take one out and the other two get the drop on me down stairs I can just log off? Do the other players get notice I’ve been an arse a Alt- F4 and bail out and therefore can rush to the position. From what I've seen 30 seconds you'll be lucky if the other player even dares to look up stairs unless given notice.

Would it not make more sense and I’m coming from not knowing or having a clue how to code or program to have a Golden shot rule – You take a shot then your on the server for ten minutes, you simply cant leave and if you do it keeps your character their for that time.

Also if I was in the ATC and did not fire but was fired upon and the shots were within meters then a five minute penalty should exist that you cant leave if you do all your stuff drops to the floor and you cant log back in for twenty minutes.

If connection is lost due to server restart or fail then fair enough. If your system crashes and you were actually playing fair or decent then I think most would accept its bad luck and accept it part of the game.

Edited by sav112

Yes, I feel it is too fast. Got the "red" starving message roughly 10 minutes (maybe bit less) after spawning on the beach.

I was stuffed and I died of starvation. Wtf?!

I see a major downside to cars.

If enough people have cars on one server, the entire map would be looted within the hour.

Then people would get bored and mow spawns down with their cars.

Edited by sacrdandprofne

I see a major downside to cars.

If enough people have cars on one server, the entire map would be looted within the hour.

Then people would get bored and mow spawns down with their cars.

Did you calculated player killers that will hunt down people in cars into that?

1. Good work on the loot spawn (in military tents) problem. I was wondering why I couldn't find anything in the mil tents just NW of the airfield.

2. What 'penalty' will we get for changing servers? has this been clarified? (for the record, I don't server hop but if I do find a server with no loot, I'm not going to waste my time scrounging for rotten fruit).

best patch so far ,good job Dean .With these you solved the problem of combat log and server hop. Please dont change any of these just the timers if its necessary

1. Good work on the loot spawn (in military tents) problem. I was wondering why I couldn't find anything in the mil tents just NW of the airfield.

2. What 'penalty' will we get for changing servers? has this been clarified? (for the record, I don't server hop but if I do find a server with no loot, I'm not going to waste my time scrounging for rotten fruit).

If they fix the loot then your all set, no need to hop and if you did hop then you only need to get one fresh server. If a player jumps from fresh server to fresh server and again fresh server then I feel really sad for them as they dont get it, non skill loot seems to be interest over playing. Not saying thats you or anything just my thoughts on it, totally understand while new stuff is being added and the loot is broken but once its fixed it cant be an excuse and needs policed.

I wish Dean and the team every backing in cutting cheating, hacks, exploits of any kind and stream sniping.

I would hope people finding these in experimental would help out and report them.

Edited by sav112

Are the spawn points for items supposed to be more distributed for houses? I see smaller houses that aren't brick houses still have little or nothing to loot all the time thus I still run for brick houses for items.

I was stuffed and I died of starvation. Wtf?!

lol.. You may have "stuffed" yourself full of water, hydrating yourself.  But you still need to eat.  :)