rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

Dear Dean,

pls let there be no wipes once the patch hits stable.

Thanks,

Everyone

So, either loot respawn is jacked and all doors start open or servers are 100% not restarting. Kind of lame

Not liking the new build... Who's bright f'n idea was it to start players out hungry only to have that followed by thirst 3 minutes later? I play for about 3 hours and died every time from starvation. It's either I found a boat load of food, but couldn't find anything to open it with, or I found something that would actually open food containers but then never found any food. My first life on the experimental server I managed to find a freakin' SKS before I could find anything to open a can of beans... the only reason I survived for more then 30 minutes was because I managed to find a single tin of sardines that kept me going for another 10/15 minutes. And yes I immediately headed inland and didn't waste any time on the coast.

Not liking the new build... Who's bright f'n idea was it to start players out hungry only to have that followed by thirst 3 minutes later? I play for about 3 hours and died every time from starvation. It's either I found a boat load of food, but couldn't find anything to open it with, or I found something that would actually open food containers but then never found any food. My first life on the experimental server I managed to find a freakin' SKS before I could find anything to open a can of beans... the only reason I survived for more then 30 minutes was because I managed to find a single tin of sardines that kept me going for another 10/15 minutes. And yes I immediately headed inland and didn't waste any time on the coast.

Sriously?

If you cant find sustiniance in 3 hours of play time youre speding too much time mastubating on the coast

• Like 4

- Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly.

This scares me a little.

When still no loot is respawning until the server restarts...... i feel bad

I mean serverhopping suxx as well, but sometime its necessary... for example when your selected server carries no loot anymore.... nowhere

I was just on a experimental server. I very quickly died of starvation. Not that any of the other servers would have had food on them. But i agree, sometimes hopping is necessary to play with out dying just for running around. I think loot re spawn should be addressed before server hopping is punished. The glitch where my character stops being able to jog and only is able to sprint or walk happened to me again earlier and i needed to reconnect to the server. The server hopping "deterrent" (that's in quotations because in its current form i doubt it will actually do anything to stop hopping other than frustrate players) made me wait a bit over a 70 seconds just staring at a black screen until i could get back into the game and promptly die of hunger. I know the game should be difficult. But this is a bit ridiculous. I honestly think server hopping is one of the last things that should be addressed. The game still has a few major issues that borderline cause unplayability and sadly hopping or just reconnecting fixes half of them for me.

Is it just me or are no servers restarting? I have gone into 6 different servers over the last several hours. Everytime, all doors open, no loot at ALL. Whats the deal?

Can someone confirm?

Is it just me or are no servers restarting? I have gone into 6 different servers over the last several hours. Everytime, all doors open, no loot at ALL. Whats the deal?

Can someone confirm?

They are restarting don't worry. Try changing your filter settings and look for servers with a few less people. You'll find a server with items eventually.

YOU SAID YOU FIXED RE SPAWN BUTTON BUT ITS AGAIN STILL BROKEN. 

Click "no" instead of yes. No idea why that works.

Effects: Magnum revolver sounds - gunshots, reloading

new gunshot sound is TERRIBLE,thats magnum no "airgun"

previous sound OK 

Now I do not want to be Rick, MR.ROCKET

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/413807244715651073

Effects: Magnum revolver sounds - gunshots, reloading

new gunshot sound is TERRIBLE,thats magnum no "airgun"

previous sound OK 

Now I do not want to be Rick, MR.ROCKET

https://twitter.com/rocket2guns/status/413807244715651073

Does someone have or can someone make a video of the new weapon sounds? Magnum and mosin? I am really curious but havnt been able to find a can of beans lately let alone weapons. Thanks. 

Are experimental servers restarting ?? If not, that would bei crazy,,,

As the next step, they should really enanble the loot respawn 

Edited by Rancor

Also...

BUG: Cannot be killed from falls. I jumped of a building multiple times to end it all and could not be killed. Fell from the top of cherno apts. Something is up there. On experimental build. 

• Like 1

Does someone have or can someone make a video of the new weapon sounds? Magnum and mosin? I am really curious but havnt been able to find a can of beans lately let alone weapons. Thanks. 

I MAKE

• Like 1

I've had that problem. Sometimes, things have to be done instantly. You might not have time to go hide. You might have gotten a call from the hospital saying that a loved one is in there. "Okay, let me go hide in my game and I'll be there."

Damn... You got an emergency call from the hospital saying that you have a loved one admitted and you need to get down there, yet you are still interested in continuing DayZ where you left off when you get back, like nothing ever happened???

good god... what kind of person are you??!

P.S. may I have my beans back for this statement?

Edited by codestargod
  • Like 2

Im finding no food in small towns that have not been touched by other players. I starved to death twice, running all the bleeping way from the coast to the apt's above Cherno, the only place i can find food, none in electro or between. The third time i made it there, somebody just KOS's me for peeking out a window at his friend while searching apt for food, apparently being cautious make you a mortal enemy.

@VictorM, i've been told thats intended, but who knows...

SKS,mosin - GREAT

magnum - bad sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOOwKGUfIdg&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9qkntxetjg&feature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLm5tLZFFMk&feature=youtu.be

• Like 10

these updates are amazing guys. You guys are the Bomb 

Holy cow that new magnum sound is bad but the reload sound is nice. That sound is familiar but I can't remember what's the pistol sound that just has been copy/pasted.

• Like 2

One thing that really upsets me about this changelog.

• Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly
  • Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)
Why? Not everyone server hops for items. I server hop to find servers that are not night time. I probably hop between 10 servers before I find one. Another thing, what if someone has to go within 10 minutes of playing? I've had that problem. Sometimes, things have to be done instantly. You might not have time to go hide. You might have gotten a call from the hospital saying that a loved one is in there. "Okay, let me go hide in my game and I'll be there." (Just an example) This part of the change log is terrible. It needs to be altered or removed entirely.

Other than that, keep up the good work. Love everything else.

You don't need to server hop to find a daytime server! Read the time before joining!

Seriously, your still bothered about getting killed in game when you've just got a call from the hospital about a loved one being admitted? Get your priorities right! Lol

• Like 4

I wonder what the purpose of the experimental servers is. Testing how quickly people are going to starve to death when you dont restart the servers??

Seriously, restart the goddamn servers more often. How are we supposed to test if we just starve to death?!

• Like 3