rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

You think we can change server restart on the experimental servers to like 1 hr be really helpful for testing if we all didn't die lol. I really liked the bug or w.e where the servers kept re-spawning over and over made it able to gear up and be healthy. I'm not trying to complain about no food blah blah blah I just want to test but I am stuck dying all the time haha. Would be nice to maybe put out the loot respawn timer even if its broken/not working just saying it is experimental that's what its for but still thank you kindly.

Edit: Also is there a way to check till next restart or a way to see last restart of server?

Edited by KaserinSmarte67

Guys, i think the timing "punishment" for server hopping sould be a little different, because i was searching for a particular server i was yesterday in, and i hopped onto one, and after 3-5 seconds i saw that it was not that server (3rd person allowed), so i got out of that server and hopped onto a new one, and i got 260 seconds, more or less, of spawning punishment. I was only joined 2 servers o.O and i was in the first one less than 10 seconds.

Btw. bug report: When you paint a M4A1 and have no space in the inventory the "attachments" gets destroyed instead of dropped on the floor.

I have a Bug with my Action-Menu (The Items in the Quickbar). When i have a consumable item in it and i use it is still shown there but without the texture on it. When i want to replace it by another item the new Item simply disappears. Example: Drink in Slot 1. You consume it. After that, it still is shown in Slot 1 but without texture (just a white can). When you drag and drop a new item (for example a gun in my case) at Slot 1 it just vanishes  :(

Issue: Stuffed notification doesn't disappear after throwing up.
Issue: Dropping weapons that were recently painted will sometimes disappear. (Or move, as someone else has said, but I've never refound my weapon after losing it like that.)
Issue: Bodies disappear after log out.
Issue: Ammo piles that were emptied from a box will lose ammunition when opening another box of the same ammo.

Gamebreaking: Punched out 4 zombies without getting hit.
R.I.P zomz!

People saying that bodies are disappearing, but I had a different experience. Killed a guy and proceeded to loot him but everything that I took also remained on his body. I could interact with objects on the body and corresponding items that I had on me were affected. Pretty sure that if someone would take something from his body it would be removed from me, also I think it has been reported before in this thread. So what I did is pressed 'Hide body' but it didn't disappear. Just remained in it's place and I still could access it but 'hide body' option were gone. Although some guy that came later told me that he didn't see a body there I still can't be sure when it really disappeared, besides I've found many bodies on the shore that had no 'hide body' option on them.

For all people starving on experimental servers:

Find bush that looks like that and spam F on it.

You will find berries like 1 out of 10 tries (on same bush).

• Like 7

"- Gear: Improvised courier backpack added"

Could make them since the latest stable.  :huh: 

"- Systems: Notifications added to UI for hydration and high energy"

If you ask me, less of these, more of sounds. At least for Hardcore <3

"- Config: Berries have more nutrition now"

Been trying to find berries in the woods, chopping down bushes, but nothing. For hours. Well... more nutrition is good. For the berries. The ninja berries.   :| 

There on these weird green bushes that look like weeds. You dont get an option you just mouse click in the middle mouse button. 

That would be Five minutes max that anyone would be happy to wait to get rid of the low lifes ingame and cry babies that cant help but cheat, glad to help! :)

Plus that would be experimental to get the balance right. So many are backing that Hoppers, stream snipers and the Alt-4 brigade are run out the game or made so powerless they give up. Coming to a game near you  very soon.

But I do agree keep up the good work, every minute spent on Anti-cheat or Hack is time well spent.

thanks, but I still don't get it xD I think I will find it out by myself if this patch is in stable :)^^

Can't die falling of buildings.

Don't worry, Frosti is on his way to Solnichniy and will help newspawns commit suicide there with his magnum.

I wonder what the purpose of the experimental servers is. Testing how quickly people are going to starve to death when you dont restart the servers??

Seriously, restart the goddamn servers more often. How are we supposed to test if we just starve to death?!

My guess they are testing long-term stability of the server code. If the servers won't stay up for extended periods with the current framework, adding loot/Z respawn isn't going to help anything ATM i.e. if we still have to reboot the server every 4 hrs as currently we do, ther is no advantage to having respawning items/Z at all.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 1

is there something wrong with stomach in this build? character pukes after first stuffed status message and then stuffed status stays in the inventory for more than half a hour

Yep. You DON'T want to get the stuffed message. Eat until ENERGISED; Drink until HYDRATED. Keep them at those levels. If you get STUFFED you have gone too far, and are just about to puke. And you will puke if you start running around while STUFFED.

TBH, I'm liking these changes now I've sort of worked out how they are functioning.

Issue: Stuffed notification doesn't disappear after throwing up.

Issue: Dropping weapons that were recently painted will sometimes disappear. (Or move, as someone else has said, but I've never refound my weapon after losing it like that.)

Issue: Bodies disappear after log out.

Issue: Ammo piles that were emptied from a box will lose ammunition when opening another box of the same ammo.

R.I.P zomz!

+1

Yep. You DON'T want to get the stuffed message. Eat until ENERGISED; Drink until HYDRATED. Keep them at those levels. If you get STUFFED you have gone too far, and are just about to puke. And you will puke if you start running around while STUFFED.

TBH, I'm liking these changes now I've sort of worked out how they are functioning.

I was puking like possesed, then I tried to starve myself but suffed status never went away. Only thing that left to ged rid of it seems to be death.

But maybe my stuffed status is bugged from previous game versions becouse I was alive throught one update I think.

Guys, i think the timing "punishment" for server hopping sould be a little different, because i was searching for a particular server i was yesterday in, and i hopped onto one, and after 3-5 seconds i saw that it was not that server (3rd person allowed), so i got out of that server and hopped onto a new one, and i got 260 seconds, more or less, of spawning punishment. I was only joined 2 servers o.O and i was in the first one less than 10 seconds.

Btw. bug report: When you paint a M4A1 and have no space in the inventory the "attachments" gets destroyed instead of dropped on the floor.

This is how it is supposed to work, and IMHO, it is working as it should. The server isn't going to know what your intentions are so we have a syatem that may cause a little delay to the legitimate player, but come down with a big hammer on those who are server hopping like a bitch. That 260 s is a long time to wait to be sure, but that's the whole point. Sorry it applied to you in this instance, but all I can say is 'Double check before you double-click!'

• Like 1

I have a Bug with my Action-Menu (The Items in the Quickbar). When i have a consumable item in it and i use it is still shown there but without the texture on it. When i want to replace it by another item the new Item simply disappears. Example: Drink in Slot 1. You consume it. After that, it still is shown in Slot 1 but without texture (just a white can). When you drag and drop a new item (for example a gun in my case) at Slot 1 it just vanishes  :(

That is the intended behaviour. The textureless icon shows you that you have no more of that item. It regains its texture if you pick up the item from somewhere. If you replace the item, the game simply thinks that you know what you're doing and replaces the item in the quickslot.

Don't think it is gamebreaking as you have always been able to do this by leading the Zs in a circle dance and always being behind them.

Don't think it is gamebreaking as you have always been able to do this by leading the Zs in a circle dance and always being behind them.

I think that if you engage zombie in melee combat, be it fists or using axe you should always risk being biten or punched or infected by zombie.

Make zombie more dangerous, make it logical to use bullets to kill zombie to be better choice then melee it.

Don't make it like in mod where you could repel whole zombie apocalypse with melee.

I was puking like possesed, then I tried to starve myself but suffed status never went away. Only thing that left to ged rid of it seems to be death.

But maybe my stuffed status is bugged from previous game versions becouse I was alive throught one update I think.

I'm trying to figure out what's up with that ATM. It might just be bugged and we're stuck in that state. Either way, thanks for that berry vid link. I'm off to see if I can get stuffed on them.

People saying that bodies are disappearing, but I had a different experience. Killed a guy and proceeded to loot him but everything that I took also remained on his body. I could interact with objects on the body and corresponding items that I had on me were affected. Pretty sure that if someone would take something from his body it would be removed from me, also I think it has been reported before in this thread. So what I did is pressed 'Hide body' but it didn't disappear. Just remained in it's place and I still could access it but 'hide body' option were gone. Although some guy that came later told me that he didn't see a body there I still can't be sure when it really disappeared, besides I've found many bodies on the shore that had no 'hide body' option on them.

That's a different bug, it's already reported.

There is also some sort of issue (on stable) with some bodies being invisible to some players, but I don't know enough about it to make a coherent bug report.

That is the intended behaviour. The textureless icon shows you that you have no more of that item. It regains its texture if you pick up the item from somewhere. If you replace the item, the game simply thinks that you know what you're doing and replaces the item in the quickslot.

But a different Item does not replace it. The new Item just disappears.