rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.33.114782

One thing that really upsets me about this changelog.

• Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly
  • Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)

Why? Not everyone server hops for items. I server hop to find servers that are not night time. I probably hop between 10 servers before I find one. Another thing, what if someone has to go within 10 minutes of playing? I've had that problem. Sometimes, things have to be done instantly. You might not have time to go hide. You might have gotten a call from the hospital saying that a loved one is in there. "Okay, let me go hide in my game and I'll be there." (Just an example) This part of the change log is terrible. It needs to be altered or removed entirely.

Other than that, keep up the good work. Love everything else.

• Like 1

Experienced a strange bug where I could here some guy speaking ingame which was far far away (like miles). That happend to me several times now at a US Experimental. It was the same guy over and over again.

• Login: Player queuing system introduced. Penalty waiting time added for switching server or disconnecting a server quickly
  • Login: Players receive a login timeout when disconnect, increased if disconnect within 30 minutes of joining (max 5 minutes)

Why? Not everyone server hops for items. I server hop to find servers that are not night time. I probably hop between 10 servers before I find one. Another thing, what if someone has to go within 10 minutes of playing? I've had that problem. Sometimes, things have to be done instantly. You might not have time to go hide. You might have gotten a call from the hospital saying that a loved one is in there. "Okay, let me go hide in my game and I'll be there." (Just an example) This part of the change log is terrible. It needs to be altered or removed entirely.

First, the server time is shown in the server list. Look carefully, and you'll be fine.

Second, if you get a call saying a loved one in the hospital, and your first thought is about that safety of your dayz character, you have a serious problem.

Funny story. There was this guy I used to play EVE Online with. One day, while we were all playing, he just stopped replying to char, voice, or anything. While his ship was just drifting in space where anyone could kill it. It was like that for maybe a couple hours. And then he came back, explaining he was a volunteer firefighter and had just gotten a call. He didn't even bother to quit the game.

When real life calls, your pixel gear is just that, pixels.

• Like 11

First off, you can see what in-game time it is on the server browser so that is not an excuse. As for the the logoff timer, well life is not fair, I rather have that and lose my character once in a million chance than people combat logging all the time.

Experienced a strange bug where I could here some guy speaking ingame which was far far away (like miles). That happend to me several times now at a US Experimental. It was the same guy over and over again.

It's a cool troll bug.

When you press caps lock or start typing when you are loading into the game you are for a few seconds connected to global channel.

Fun thing, if you double tap caps lock in right time, your mic will stay on global channel untill you untap it lol.

You've been told about the server time thing (Something I didn't know either).  But If you join a server with more than 0-10 people in it you're likely to be playing in daytime.

Also, you have no idea how viral combat logging is/was.

Edited by ChiefMasterKush

So what's the deal with eating then?  If you get stuffed you just fucked urself because you can't move for 20mins?

Should I not ever eat/drink until stuffed in the new patch?  I have to guesstimate where I am in my stomach capacity?

Should I not ever eat/drink until stuffed in the new patch?  I have to guesstimate where I am in my stomach capacity?

AFAIK you should stop eating when you get the 'energised' icon, and stop drinking when you get the 'hydrated' icon. If you get the 'stuffed' icon, you are very close to vomitting, and that's a bad thing now.

Edited by DJPorterNZ

AFAIK you should stop eating when you get the 'energised' icon, and stop drinking when you get the 'hydrated' icon. If you get the 'stuffed' icon, you are very close to vomitting, and that's a bad thing now.

vomiting never ends.

Ahh thank you.  I'm pretty sure vomiting was always bad  :)

vomiting never ends.

I can't wait to find people who can't stop vomiting.

I can jump off buildings and not die. I can't seem to die from any fall.

Not everyone server hops for items. I server hop to find servers that are not night time. I probably hop between 10 servers before I find one. 

You're in luck! Since the last patch, the server browser displays time.

I haven't played the experimental, but I was seeing players talking about bodies disappearing. Is it possible that they weren't dead, but unconscious?... then they logged off once unconscious... since they weren't dead they might have been on the 30 second logout timer... and they "logout" unconscious? If you logout unconscious, you'll respawn on the coast so they wouldn't know they were still alive when they disconnected.

I wonder if you put a few more shots into them to make sure they are dead, maybe they wouldn't disappear? Just a thought.

Look at this video @ 5:37, the same thing happened to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Q8Mcw_5gc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You might have gotten a call from the hospital saying that a loved one is in there. "Okay, let me go hide in my game and I'll be there." (Just an example)

Literally the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read.

• Like 3

Is the performance better with this patch? I didn't tested yet

Edited by Fer

Gameplay > Realism. Rocket has to realise that the sun is TOO bright. 

Sun should blind you when you look at it as it does in the game. Personally I think that effect is one of the best features in the game and Rocket has to realise that DayZ community is full of whiners who he needs to ignore completely.

• Like 1

I'm not sure which is the most unrealistic issue, hacksaw's with blades in them or kiwi fruits on a building site

I can jump off buildings and not die. I can't seem to die from any fall.

+1. Fall damage seems to be turned off.

I'm not sure which is the most unrealistic issue, hacksaw's with blades in them or kiwi fruits on a building site

Maybe some survivors bringed the kiwis to building where they were trying to survive in first hours/days of zombie apocalypse and left it there?

+1. Fall damage seems to be turned off.

That would explain how I survived glitch fall throught stairs in construcion site building.

You might have gotten a call from the hospital saying that a loved one is in there. "Okay, let me go hide in my game and I'll be there." (Just an example) This part of the change log is terrible. It needs to be altered or removed entirely.

There is always a downside to everything. But the combatlogging ist WORSE!

One Thing is true, that servers are not stable, and i wonder if you get a penalty if the server goes down over and over again.

Havent played in a while though.

There is always a downside to everything. But the combatlogging ist WORSE!

One Thing is true, that servers are not stable, and i wonder if you get a penalty if the server goes down over and over again.

Havent played in a while though.

I've expirenced no penalties while experimental servers were going down.

Stop stuffing yourselves and don't run if you are stuffed. This should prevent you from vomiting (tested yesterday, but there was the same "issue").

Would explain a few times of me being stuffed and running full speed for a few miles, then suddenly stumbling and puking my guts out. xD Seems legit. I like it. 

I would have been pissed if I were running from someone trying to kill me and that happened, so i'll take that advice.

Edited by Gekkonidae

Does anyone have a screenshot of someone puking in the game? I would really like one!