RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

In no way is this a twisted outcome of hackers. 

Hacking only became a term with a negative connotation because of people like Capn Crunch and Kevin Mitnick got busted for breaking the law.

REAL hackers, unlike what gaming script kiddies call themselves, are more intrigued with how something works than ways to use their exploits nefariously. 

More importantly, hackers have been a constant force and this game is no different. If it can be broken, someone will break it.

The most offensive thing for a company or software dev to do is to ignore the warnings or findings of a hacker kind enough to share them. You are only inviting more, and more black hattish, attacks.

The hacking in DayZ seems so great because of the how game is made - if you get hack killed in DayZ you are losing hours of progress.

In game like Call of Duty for example, where if you get killed by hacker you just respawn with all your gear ready for action and nobody cares if few people on server have aimbot, wallhack or other ESP hack.

But in DayZ even 1 players with ESP hacks is ruining game for everyone on the server.

• Like 2

No. Either these people were hacking into the game (not scripting) or they were lying. It's not possible for the client to override the server.

If hacking is possible then clearly the client overrides the server, or do they hack into the server now?

Not scripting.

That's not scripting. You are wrong ;)

Yeah, if it is not scripting then it is totally ok that people can teleport around and make my character put his weapon away, what is important here that it is not scripting, wow, thanks Bohemia, such improvement.

I understand that there always will be cheaters and to be honest I don't see 100% reliable way to block things like ESP, maybe such way exists but I can't think of it right now, maybe something with asymmetric protocol encryption or something. But things like teleports and disabling other people weapons, come on, there must be a way to stop this for good. The fact that these things are possible indicates that the server still takes orders from the client. It must be the server that tells my game client to put weapon down. If people are teleporting around it means that the server does not verify what the client sends. Don't you know that the client must be treated as an enemy and all data that come from it must be verified?

• Like 1

If hacking is possible then clearly the client overrides the server, or do they hack into the server now?

Yeah, if it is not scripting then it is totally ok that people can teleport around and make my character put his weapon away, what is important here that it is not scripting, wow, thanks Bohemia, such improvement.

There are too many misconceptions in regards to scripting and hacking and what either actually are. Like I said, the client cannot override the server, therefore scripting is pretty much impossible in DayZ at this point. Is what hackers are doing at the moment "hacking"? Yes and no. It depends on your definition of hacking. I will not discuss the specifics of it though.

At which point did I say that people teleporting and whatnot is ok? I was merely pointing out the difference between hacking and scripting. Don't blow this out of proportion please.

• Like 1

At which point did I say that people teleporting and whatnot is ok? I was merely pointing out the difference between hacking and scripting. Don't blow this out of proportion please.

My point was I don't care how you call it, I care for it to stop. Because as it is now - the game is unplayable, at least for me, maybe I just was lucky but during last month or so I encountered those "hackers" every time I played and it never ended well for me. I see no point in gearing up only to die to one of them so I stopped playing completely. With all problems that it has, still it is a great game, maybe the best out there, and I want to play it, but I can't.

• Like 1

I understand that there always will be cheaters and to be honest I don't see 100% reliable way to block things like ESP, maybe such way exists but I can't think of it right now, maybe something with asymmetric protocol encryption or something. But things like teleports and disabling other people weapons, come on, there must be a way to stop this for good. The fact that these things are possible indicates that the server still takes orders from the client. It must be the server that tells my game client to put weapon down. If people are teleporting around it means that the server does not verify what the client sends. Don't you know that the client must be treated as an enemy and all data that come from it must be verified?

My point was I don't care how you call it, I care for it to stop. Because as it is now - the game is unplayable, at least for me, maybe I just was lucky but during last month or so I encountered those "hackers" every time I played and it never ended well for me. I see no point in gearing up only to die to one of them so I stopped playing completely. With all problems that it has, still it is a great game, maybe the best out there, and I want to play it, but I can't.

I don't understand how thousands of other people can play it, but you cannot? Read back through this post, I've submitted many hacker stories myself and nothing fucks me off more than someone who's using ESP or Teleports around, makes me put my weapon away, etc. 

You sound like a whiny kid, clearly something has been done. I've had half of my friends list offline for months now. Why? Because they were hacking, got banned and refused to spend more money. Their fault. Deal with it. You've already been told that scripting is no longer possible which is just evidence to the fact that something is being done, but please- like I've said in well over 100 of my posts.. if you think you can do a better job, apply within.

... I've had half of my friends list offline for months now. Why? Because they were hacking, got banned and refused to spend more money. ...

Wait, are you saying your friends were hacking? Don't know if I should ask about numbers, their motivation or how they became your friends? I mean I hate such players? Hm, I guess I'm asking all of those thing! Give us intel!

I don't understand how thousands of other people can play it, but you cannot? Read back through this post, I've submitted many hacker stories myself and nothing fucks me off more than someone who's using ESP or Teleports around, makes me put my weapon away, etc. 

You sound like a whiny kid, clearly something has been done. I've had half of my friends list offline for months now. Why? Because they were hacking, got banned and refused to spend more money. Their fault. Deal with it. You've already been told that scripting is no longer possible which is just evidence to the fact that something is being done, but please- like I've said in well over 100 of my posts.. if you think you can do a better job, apply within.

Maybe those thousands of people were lucky to not encounter as many hackers as I have, or they have higher tolerance for that, how would I know what keeps them playing.

I'd rather be a whiny kid than stfu and pretend everything is shiny. Yes, some things are getting done, I think nobody in their right mind will deny that. I also believe they are being done largely because of pressure we whiny kids put on the devs. And even that is not enough because hacking or however you want to call it is currently outrageous.

Wait, are you saying your friends were hacking? Don't know if I should ask about numbers, their motivation or how they became your friends? I mean I hate such players? Hm, I guess I'm asking all of those thing! Give us intel!

People I used to play with yeah, I was person who gave the information to BEDev-Sable about the exact hack they were using. I gathered all the information from the people using it in such a way that I was telling them I wanted to use it, I then passed it on through the PM system here and the Devs looked into that particular hack. Few weeks later they asked me if I had been banned and I explained that since I didn't use it but merely questioned them about, I've got nothing to worry about. We lost pretty much half of the people were playing with through that story. My clan doesn't affiliate with hackers.

Maybe those thousands of people were lucky to not encounter as many hackers as I have, or they have higher tolerance for that, how would I know what keeps them playing.

I'd rather be a whiny kid than stfu and pretend everything is shiny. Yes, some things are getting done, I think nobody in their right mind will deny that. I also believe they are being done largely because of pressure we whiny kids put on the devs. And even that is not enough because hacking or however you want to call it is currently outrageous.

Doubtful, you're not the only one here and you're definitely not the special one. The only issue is, you're being a repetitive whiny little kid, you blabber on about the same thing in the last 88 pages of this thread. You're not adding anything constructive or helpful besides making other people here realise you're just an ass. New information and data helps push the devs, not a contradictive post about "clearly nothing has been done bla bla" despite many, many hackers banned and loopholes fixed. 

If you think I pretend everything is 'shiny' then i suggest you read through the last 400 odd of my posts.

Edited by emigrates
  • Like 1

Doubtful, you're not the only one here and you're definitely not the special one. The only issue is, you're being a repetitive whiny little kid, you blabber on about the same thing in the last 88 pages of this thread. You're not adding anything constructive or helpful besides making other people here realise you're just an ass. New information and data helps push the devs, not a contradictive post about "clearly nothing has been done bla bla" despite many, many hackers banned and loopholes fixed. 

If you think I pretend everything is 'shiny' then i suggest you read through the last 400 odd of my posts.

One thing you don't seem to understand. It is not about me, nobody knows who I am and nobody cares, you can call me all names you like, it does not change a thing, except maybe a little bit for worse because you encourage devs to ignore hacks problem. New information that I bring "over 88 pages" is that hacks are still around despite devs efforts. What do you gain by trying to shut me up?

One thing you don't seem to understand. It is not about me, nobody knows who I am and nobody cares, you can call me all names you like, it does not change a thing, except maybe a little bit for worse because you encourage devs to ignore hacks problem. New information that I bring "over 88 pages" is that hacks are still around despite devs efforts. What do you gain by trying to shut me up?

Please name me a game that does not have hacks... Hackers will always be there.. yes the dev patch something and they find something else. There is no stopping hacks only slowing em down.

This isn't new information though, I'm pretty sure the devs are well aware of what's going on in the game regarding the hacking situation. You are merely but an annoying little whining reminder to everyone else who does not want to read pointless posts.

Please name me a game that does not have hacks...

PONG2.gif

• Like 5

Please name me a game that does not have hacks... Hackers will always be there.. yes the dev patch something and they find something else. There is no stopping hacks only slowing em down.

This may be true but as Frosti said earlier, the hacking in DayZ affects non-hack players a lot more than most games.  When we get killed by an ESP, God mode, gun put away hacker, we lose hours of progress.

This isn't new information though, I'm pretty sure the devs are well aware of what's going on in the game regarding the hacking situation.

Then why is this topic still open?

• Like 1

Played for a few months, but last 2 weeks have been crazy in terms of how many hackers i bump into. Maybe 1 out 2 deaths now are by these teleporters.

PONG2.gif

I will give you that 1!

This may be true but as Frosti said earlier, the hacking in DayZ affects non-hack players a lot more than most games.  When we get killed by an ESP, God mode, gun put away hacker, we lose hours of progress.

Take away those hacks they will find other hacks just as bad.

• Like 1

Then why is this topic still open?

To discuss new hacks, to discuss things that we have come across, ideas, suggestions, information.

This topic is NOT still open for people to whine their teenage tits off about how "devs aren't doing anything".

• Like 1

It's been a while since I've posted here, but since lately I've experiencing more problems with hackers and one sever one just a few minutes ago:

I've lately seen these hacks:

-NO clip flying people

-Automatically putting my weapon away

-Unlimited ammo etc.

-Insta kill through walls. -> I was sitting in a house with two friends, suddenly we all die at the very same moment while we hear an AK shoot in the distance. There were NO windows, the door was closed. I spawned nearby, so I went to gather the loot. I looked around, saw nobody head in the house and I start looting. After I finish looting one body, bam same story. I hear a gunsound and deathscreen pops up. Also non of us had injuries before death, just instant death so it were lethal shots.

I hope the last one gets fixed soon, cause that one makes the game unplayable. I hope its the only time that I'll encounter this one.

Here is a thought. 

What server / Official or ridiculously named server? Also if available, server GSP?

What type? 

Experimental or stable?

You people bitch and whine about hacks but don't have anything constructive to point out.  I rented my own server for a couple of months and in the time I had it I not once encountered a hacker nor had any complaints about hackers on it.  So if you want to do something to help combat this compile a list of server names and maybe PM them to one of our lovely mods so they can pass it on to the team to have a look.

Here is a thought. 

What server / Official or ridiculously named server? Also if available, server GSP?

What type? 

Experimental or stable?

You people bitch and whine about hacks but don't have anything constructive to point out.  I rented my own server for a couple of months and in the time I had it I not once encountered a hacker nor had any complaints about hackers on it.  So if you want to do something to help combat this compile a list of server names and maybe PM them to one of our lovely mods so they can pass it on to the team to have a look.

I also rented a server for a few months, but what good will it do to report the server where we witness hackers?  Anyone can change their name at any time, so simply knowing the server when there are 39 other random people on it does not good.  If you as the admin see a hacker then you can start kicking people until the hacker goes away; but otherwise you were just lucky that you didn't run into them.  Also keep in mind that hackers have gotten a lot worse over the past few months.

I would definitely give better information about hackers if there was better information to give.  All we can currently do is report the type of hack so that hopefully BE or BI can buy it from a hackers website and then find out how it works.

I have 130 hours of game time and I have come across 2 hackers. One of them stole all my gear but returned it a minute later. The second was a guy I teamed up with who I later found out had ESP hacks. During the time we played together, he didn't even try to hunt down anyone and only used his hacks to avoid players (still doesnt excuse his hacks though). I really don't know how some of you guys are running into hackers that often.

I also rented a server for a few months, but what good will it do to report the server where we witness hackers?  Anyone can change their name at any time, so simply knowing the server when there are 39 other random people on it does not good.  If you as the admin see a hacker then you can start kicking people until the hacker goes away; but otherwise you were just lucky that you didn't run into them.  Also keep in mind that hackers have gotten a lot worse over the past few months.

I would definitely give better information about hackers if there was better information to give.  All we can currently do is report the type of hack so that hopefully BE or BI can buy it from a hackers website and then find out how it works.

you can change your name all you want, BE, BiS and the GSP providers can easily track who people are.

PONG2.gif

i just kept watching this intense duell for 5 minutes to figure out who makes the next score. looked 15 minutes later, still 15:12 -.-

• Like 1

Here it is months later and I am still getting killed by hackers. It really is tiring, to deal with the same crap over and over. The latest one ran through the wall with 6 zeds on him and he pulled a 300m headshot on me with his M4 in under a second of raising his weapon. Then he ran to my body with the same 6 zombies tearing up his back and then continued on. Why can't we get rid of these hackers????

• Like 1

I think the M4 dispersion was reduced so it's more accurate this update. Also zombies don't seem to do much damage, I've gotten hit about 10 times over a coarse of 15 minutes while looting NWAF from zombie hits and I didn't seem to take that much damage besides my shirt getting "badly damaged",