RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Well, I think you are slightly misunderstanding.

The hacks have been increasing for a long time before that announcement. And the announcement you speak of really only addresses that they are trying to stop duping which is just an exploit. I don't think they ever said they are doing anything to stop speed hacking/teleporting hacks from working. What they are saying in the announcement is that if they wipe the characters out, then all the current inifinite hacked magazines will be gone, and they want to prevent duplication.

But, sadly, they never said they will try to prevent paid hacks to work. So in other words, we are pretty much fucked still because people can still buy the teleporting/speed hacks and maybe even newly working infinite mag creating scripts.

this! and if u ask for a statement in the defreport your posts getting deletet... because "not on topic"... lol.

its not BEs problem, the code was stolen from the defteam not from BE...

Its no fun to play atm... u play legit farm hours n hours your gear and then BÄM hacked again...

we all report since 3 weeks about the hacks and everything we get is:

"we need video proofs" after that... "dont talk about" and finally " hold your cheat videos on yt privat plz"...

is this the solution for the stolen code and the hacks we see since release?

a costumer just ask questions... thx

Edited by quantum2k6

Well, I think you are slightly misunderstanding.

The hacks have been increasing for a long time before that announcement. And the announcement you speak of really only addresses that they are trying to stop duping which is just an exploit. I don't think they ever said they are doing anything to stop speed hacking/teleporting hacks from working. What they are saying in the announcement is that if they wipe the characters out, then all the current inifinite hacked magazines will be gone, and they want to prevent duplication.

But, sadly, they never said they will try to prevent paid hacks to work. So in other words, we are pretty much fucked still because people can still buy the teleporting/speed hacks and maybe even newly working infinite mag creating scripts.

Whouldent make sense to announce steps against certain types of hacks publicly... ;)

Remember that the mentioned exploits will not result in bans anyway. BlackLabel said why it's not good to announce anti hack updates.

An interesting question that just came to my mind reading the posts, battleeye updates are not only in the big version updates, are they? I always assumed that they were simply small updates that steam loads without me even noticing...

Remember that the mentioned exploits will not result in bans anyway. BlackLabel said why it's not good to announce anti hack updates.

An interesting question that just came to my mind reading the posts, battleeye updates are not only in the big version updates, are they? I always assumed that they were simply small updates that steam loads without me even noticing...

they update the BE files in the backif u start your game. sometimes u see the update in the left down corner of your screen if u play on a server.

BUT the cheaters dont care the BE checks...the sourcecode was stolen... they can easy bypass BE.

since 7 months there are the same hacks from still the same hacking sites.

and thats not BE's fault!

Edited by quantum2k6

With the new update rolling out possibly next week I would like to address the elephant in the room. I, as well as many others have seen an increased activity with aim botters, item spawners, and teleporters. This really has become a major issue since even the Dayz media(IE Youtube and Reddit) population have been making constant videos and uploading hundreds of pictures of these hackers.

This rise surely started to happen sometime in .45 and hasn't stopped increasing yet. I did some research on my own about these hacks and people are actually paying money in an intentionally unexplained way to acquire everything they need for hacking in DayZ. I was hoping someone could shed light on the matter of hacking in .49.

Is Bohemia actively seeking out methods of combating these hackers?

What is the actual status of VAC over DayZ?

Will justice ever be done and these hackers get banned?

So what can I do vs the same hacker that keeps coming back to our server everyday? Everyday this week I have video of this hacker.. same voice.. and now has been bringing more hacker friends in.. Last 2 days then have been 2-3 people teleporting thru walls and floating around.

So what can we do? Wait for battle eye to catch them?  Just curious if anyone found a solution yet. Waiting isn't working..

So what can I do vs the same hacker that keeps coming back to our server everyday? Everyday this week I have video of this hacker.. same voice.. and now has been bringing more hacker friends in.. Last 2 days then have been 2-3 people teleporting thru walls and floating around.

So what can we do? Wait for battle eye to catch them?  Just curious if anyone found a solution yet. Waiting isn't working..

This is a perfect example of how helpless server admins are to stop cheaters.  If an admin is lucky enough to know the cheaters name and ban him, the cheater simply changes their name and is free to join the server again.  It baffles me why anyone would want to pay the cost to host a DayZ SA server when BI gives you almost no admin abilities.

Another day, another teleporter who claimed he had "bad lag" followed me for 1/2 hour, til he go tired of me running him off into the middle of nowhere, then broke my leg and bandaged me. I have not played one time this week without running into a teleporting hacker. I don't care about dying, but there is no point in trying to play. I am experienced player since the early mod, and I assure you, this is not desync. It has gotten to the point that it is really not worth testing/playing. The only option is to play on low pop servers, which is really not any fun. 

The only option is to play on low pop servers, which is really not any fun. 

The other option is to stop playing at all ( like I did 3 month ago ) ! As long as BI doesnt give Server Admins whats needed to get rid of the hacker/duper/glitcher scumbags and BE keeps on feeding us with "words" about those hundrets and thousands that have already been banned ( but I never saw a Global BE ban pop up myself ) we only can show them our dissapointment with empty servers.

Question for admin I guess, if I pick up items that have been left behind by a hacker, ie  M4, mags or such items( even found a morphine injector once that must have been unlimited) will I be booted or seen as a hacker.

Also found loot that may be in game in error, is that also considered hacking?

Question for admin I guess, if I pick up items that have been left behind by a hacker, ie  M4, mags or such items( even found a morphine injector once that must have been unlimited) will I be booted or seen as a hacker.

Also found loot that may be in game in error, is that also considered hacking?

This question has been asked several times, and the answer is no you will not be banned.  Most players recommend that you take them to the woods so other players can't find them, but that isn't required.

Before anyone says anything, I KNOW THE DAYZ COMMUNITY HAS NO CONTROL OVER WHAT BE DOES BAN WISE.

Now that thats out of the way, do anyone know what is happening? Four of my friends have been banned in the past 2 days and none of them hack.. we've already contacted BE and as always they wont respond. I'm just wondering if anyone else has been randomly banned & if you have been able to contact BE and they told you something other than you were hacking. xD

I personally wasn't banned.

i was on 3 high pop servers today. got killed 3 times by some guys hanging out inside the walls of different houses.  thats some bullshit!

I've played for a LONG time, starting with the mod.

1. I have never been banned.

2. No one I know in person nor anyone I know on the forums have been banned.

3. How do you know they weren't using hacks?

3a. If they weren't cheating, good luck to your friends.

• Like 4

I'll play Devils advocate here......I'm a Clan leader of a fairly decent sized Battlefield Clan, we have about 30 or so members. I play with a fair chunk of them.

We have done research on punk buster bans for different hacks and found that there is zero correlation between a players stats and their using hacks. I mean to say, you would think it would be obvious if they were using hacks because their stats would be so high it would be blatantly obvious, however that just isn't the case at all. Players with remarkably awful statistics have been banned for using in game hacks.

My point here is this......UNLESS I am physically in the same room watching another player playing the game, i can not GUARANTEE they are not using any kind of hack. I like to think none of the members of my clan use hacks, and that their character is beyond such a need, but I can't, because I cant see them playing their game from their perspective.

You may be surprised to find who's using hacks and who isn't..........

• Like 4

I've played for a LONG time, starting with the mod.

1. I have never been banned.

2. No one I know in person nor anyone I know on the forums have been banned.

3. How do you know they weren't using hacks?

3a. If they weren't cheating, good luck to your friends.

I'll play Devils advocate here......I'm a Clan leader of a fairly decent sized Battlefield Clan, we have about 30 or so members. I play with a fair chunk of them.

We have done research on punk buster bans for different hacks and found that there is zero correlation between a players stats and their using hacks. I mean to say, you would think it would be obvious if they were using hacks because their stats would be so high it would be blatantly obvious, however that just isn't the case at all. Players with remarkably awful statistics have been banned for using in game hacks.

My point here is this......UNLESS I am physically in the same room watching another player playing the game, i can not GUARANTEE they are not using any kind of hack. I like to think none of the members of my clan use hacks, and that their character is beyond such a need, but I can't, because I cant see them playing their game from their perspective.

You may be surprised to find who's using hacks and who isn't..........

I agree with them completely. Ask yourself some questions and I'll give you some things to think about:

1. When you were playing with them and they got banned were you right there watching them play on their computers? 

2. It's also possible that they were hacking before they were playing with you and BE had a ban wave and it caught up to them?

2. BE and other anti-hack programs and software is not known to ban randomly. 

3. For any player to get banned they have to do something to even make the anit-hack system flag their account.

4. What I'm trying to say is if they did nothing wrong then there is no reason to ban them. So they wouldn't of gotten banned.

5. You never know how someone plays and what they do. People are cunning and you never know.

6. Lastly like Mystic Bagel said sometime people use very subtle hacks and not the obvious ones. So even if you play with them you can't tell. 

The percentage is high that your friends use hacks at one time or the other. There is a very very low chance to get banned out of no where. If they hacked I hope they learned there lesson and don't use them anymore. If they didn't good luck on proving and getting there accounts unbanned.

Edited by Kronons

Your friends are liars, either they do hack or are just trying to bullshit their ways out of playing DayZ with you.

Also bear in mind, the fact that FOUR of your friends all got banned in a short amount of time makes it obvious that they were all sharing the same hack. Maybe you weren't made aware of it because they know your standing about hacking, or maybe they just decided not to tell you about it, or maybe you're lying and knew about it. One thing is sure is that it wasn't random.

Edited by EchoZeero

Believe there was one forum user that had a ban lifted due to mistake, forget name but i know the avatar ;)

Keep at it man, it's possible they weren't hacking but i'm going to talk right out of my ass and say it's more probable that they were.

The only way you'll get it lifted is by getting in contact with BE, so keep that up.  They may have received your message though and are investigating but nothing done until you talk.

• Like 1

Believe there was one forum user that had a ban lifted due to mistake, forget name but i know the avatar ;)

Keep at it man, it's possible they weren't hacking but i'm going to talk right out of my ass and say it's more probable that they were.

The only way you'll get it lifted is by getting in contact with BE, so keep that up.  They may have received your message though and are investigating but nothing done until you talk.

That's right, think it was Grimy Rick. OP Have you tried PMing the BE dev on the forums, posts a lot in the hacking section I think.

• Like 2

Battle-eye is so fine tuned to hacks it never makes mistakes. If it were to make a mistake the battle eye owners have the power to check the logs and see if they were hacking or not therefore the ban may be lifted. It is clear as daylight that you "mates" are just lying and were obviously using hacks together. They don't want to admit that they used hacks in fear that you guys will disown their friendship. I remember when I had my old 10 man DayZ clan one of the guys started hacking over and over again. From that day on we constantly killed him in game and denied it and eventually after the novelty of messing with him was up we just simply disowned him and blocked him from Skype. To be honest you should just get into a 1 on 1 call with certain members that got banned and try make one slip the truth out. 

That's right, think it was Grimy Rick. OP Have you tried PMing the BE dev on the forums, posts a lot in the hacking section I think.

Yep, that was me. I've never cheated in any game that I play and I was randomly banned by BattlEye one evening. After speaking with Sable from BattlEye, I had apparently randomly connected to a pirated server playing as I normally would. The ban was lifted the next day by Sable.

I would contact him/her. Good luck.

Yep, that was me. I've never cheated in any game that I play and I was randomly banned by BattlEye one evening. After speaking with Sable from BattlEye, I had apparently randomly connected to a pirated server playing as I normally would. The ban was lifted the next day by Sable.

I would contact him/her. Good luck.

Pirated server? So now hackers can take ontrol over a whoe server? But why ban people who join a stolen server if its listed as a normal public server? Did the server give extra weapons on load out or something?

Thats dumb they banned you.

Pirated server? So now hackers can take ontrol over a whoe server? But why ban people who join a stolen server if its listed as a normal public server? Did the server give extra weapons on load out or something?

Thats dumb they banned you.

Yep. You can read about it here.