RadikulRAM

What's the current hacking status like in DayZ:SA?

Aaaand now I got killed by someone with heat-seeking bullets twice. 

Shit game. 

Who, where, what, how, why?

EDIT: when?

Edited by bautschi

Who, where, what, how, why?

EDIT: when?

I got killed by a teleporting hacker in Zino that went out of my LoS because he teleported the bullets to me. I respawned in Zino and 5 seconds later, same shit. 

• Like 1

Hackers are a small lott here at least in standalone not alot of them want to wast 40 bucks just to get banned and that why i like that high price tag the second it hit 2-4 bucks is when you would see a influx of hackers.

This is out of control.  The speed hacking, teleporting issue needs to be #1.  We don't need new clothing, or even weapons at this point.  The game is nearly unplayable.  Honestly, I used to suggest to my friends that they buy this game and give it a try, I cannot legitimately suggest to anymore that they buy this game.  Its pointless to play right now because, inevitably, you are gonna be killed by a hacker.  

If the hacking can't be fixed right away then a good step is to introduce the old activity log (Arma 2 style), "who killed who".  At least that way we can report people for hacking, cause clearly Batteyee is useless/pointless.  I know there was some resistance to the activity log but given the rampant situation this is at least a first step.  Yes, there will be false posts but at least its something.

Never encountered a hacker in ~300 hours. Berezino on 3pp enabled servers are where they feed: maybe try a different part of town?

This reminds me of people whining about being KOSed in elektro during the mod days. If you are continuously abused when you visit a location, cease visitation of said location. Simple as that.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but considering I've encountered my fair share of ghosters, dupers, and glitchers, I think the big difference is that I don't spend time in berezino. Hackers want cheap, quick thrills. Berezino is the best place to achieve that high.

Leave berezino, and the hackers, behind.

Nobel peace prize worthy advice? I think so.

Yea...ummm that is never gonna happen. You see, there is such a thing as planning and certain work team. You can't be having everyone working on cheating when not everyone is experienced in that stuff. Another thing is that this is Alpha, the stage where additions are what happen not fixing. Beta stage is when all the fixing comes in, and cheating prevention included. ALso, that "Who killed who" system is dumb and would kill the experience and would also be useless since we can change our names.

45184c89ecf6d30148ef4689dc0cf57d127cadec

• Like 2

I am sure there are plenty of hackers around but are they really that rampant ?? in over 400 hours i have seen 1 possible hacker( it may have been desync cant be 100% sure) and found 1 set of hacked gear (full kitted m4 with unlimited ammo clip ) which strangely was just laying inside a building .

Maybe its because i dont go to berezino very often i have avoided it ?? are there less hackers in australia new zealand and lower asia?( i doubt it ).

To be honnest i have played about 120 hours of BF4 and in 1/4 of the time i have seen dozens and dozens of cases of possible hackers( i always say possible because i cant prove they were hacking but they did things you cant do in the constraints of the game lol) so i ask is it really that bad in dayz right now??

Mehh maybe i have just been lucky or maybe people have had 1 or 2 encounters with it and just loose there minds. If you want to see hackers play dayz mod on public servers ( i moved to playing private hives for this very reason) you will be teleported all together into an insane shooting gallery, you will  get stuck dancing you will have animals falling from the sky /or you will fall from the sky etc etc etc .

Never encountered a hacker in ~300 hours. Berezino on 3pp enabled servers are where they feed: maybe try a different part of town?

This reminds me of people whining about being KOSed in elektro during the mod days. If you are continuously abused when you visit a location, cease visitation of said location. Simple as that.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but considering I've encountered my fair share of ghosters, dupers, and glitchers, I think the big difference is that I don't spend time in berezino. Hackers want cheap, quick thrills. Berezino is the best place to achieve that high.

Leave berezino, and the hackers, behind.

Nobel peace prize worthy advice? I think so.

This is ridiculous, there's a difference between KOS and people operating within the rules of the game, and people hacking/cheating.  

Yes you can avoid hackers to an extent by avoiding current hot spots, but there's no reason why you should have to avoid those spots because of hackers.  They're a problem, and it should be addressed.  What do you think would happen when everyone stopped going to berezino?  You think the hackers would just quit?  No, they'd move to whatever the next hot spot was.  You can't ignore them and hope they go away, that's a ludicrous approach.

Bohemia Interactive (dayz creaters/dev's) do not have anything to do with hacking.

You want Battle Eye.

Use the search engine, there was some stuff posted regarding information and denouncing your neighbours etc...

also, there is a sticky for posts/threads like these at the top of the General list. :)

My last three deaths have been to teleporters (and one teleporting while invisible, mocking us with his squeaking prepubescent voice) in just the last 2 weeks (on different servers). I have stopped playing for now.

Edited by Thadius

Ugh. Logged in with my geared character yesterday. My friend was coming too. I was there first, appears I logged out in a spot surrounded by trees. 

I noticed it was night, time of the server was 2.00am, nice, change of the normal daytime servers. I went prone, to wait for my friend, I couldn't make out anything anyway...

All of a sudden, without the sound of gunfire, my character squirms and moans, I see "My arm is in pain, my arm is in extreme pain" a few times in the bottom left corner of the screen, and it turns black. "You are dead". I respawn and I try to look where I am. All of a sudden I see a player teleporting and he shoots me in the leg. He then just leaves me there, I can't go anywhere, leg broken... FFS.

My friend logs in and I was yelling on TS for him to get out, but he died as well, he actually saw my body, already stripped down to it's undies, and then noticed a player appear in front of him. 

I can see why cleaning the game and deleting all characters and loot from the game in the upcoming 0.49 patch would be helpful to remove duped and hacked items, but hacks like this, the teleporting and the ability to just see through objects and walls and apparently even seeing in the dark, they need to be addressed with higher priority.

I am completely addicted to this game.  I love this game.  I really would love to see hacking addressed now though please.  I started sometime around December and the exact same hacks that were around then are still around and being used to kill players.  I saw my first two BE bans yesterday and was so excited I took a screenshot.  If you will not give hacking your attention, at least give the server owners the tools they need to catch them and ban them locally.

In regards to the glitchers and whatnot, I understand a desire to not ban some noob who doesn't understand what a glitched mag he picked up is, but come on, you really can't program a magazine to not accept more then the desired rounds?  There really shouldn't be a way to make a clip hold 10 million rounds, come on.  Anyone doing PVP anywhere on the map on a regular basis has seen a hacker, if you haven't your head is in the wilderness somewhere and it's fine if thats what you want to do, but hackers are prevalent on all full pop's where folks go to PVP.  Please ban the hackers and give server owners the ability to manage their server.

Last issue with the game I love to death, thanks for fixing wall peaking, it is a major step in the right direction, but could you please fix the damned glitch rooms now that we cant peak walls to check the damned glitch rooms?

Thanks for the game, it does truly rock, and the graphics are top notch.

-northofnowhere

• Like 1

I saw a guy flying yesterday.

He casually landed next to me and shoot me in the leg. I told him not to be stupid and bandage me, since I only had an axe on me. He started doing so to my surprise.

Well... you don't have to be a genius to figure out what I did next..... Got my axe out...

And a guy disappeared! He reappeared twenty or so meters away and shot me. 

• Like 2

Awhile back I posted about my group taking down a clan of hackers. Here is the video. I believe it shows at least 3-4 different players using hacked mags. We get the name of the last one, but I believe all were from clan KoSa, as there were 5 in total on the server, and we encountered five in the shootout (sniper killed one not on video). What the video doesn't show is that after killing all of them, one returned fully kitted and killed me. Video perspective is from my buddy, and I'm the sniper who is next to him in parts. 

Cheers all!

• Like 1

Awhile back I posted about my group taking down a clan of hackers. Here is the video. I believe it shows at least 3-4 different players using hacked mags. We get the name of the last one, but I believe all were from clan KoSa, as there were 5 in total on the server, and we encountered five in the shootout (sniper killed one not on video). What the video doesn't show is that after killing all of them, one returned fully kitted and killed me. Video perspective is from my buddy, and I'm the sniper who is next to him in parts. 

Cheers all!

Ruined the video with that music, couldn't even watch it all. Since you put the spoiler at the start, I didn't have to either, nice kills.

There actually might be, there was a youtube video linked a few days ago in this thread, seems like it's gone ... I don't like that one bit.

The problem is that if you shot the guy down and then executed him, his abilities to cheat might have been limited on the death screen, no idea really.

Currently there is the anoying issue of not hearing shots, only impacts. Happened plenty of times to us, you never know where the attacker is... . We exited a prison a few days ago and just after the doors opened, my friend goes down. We heard no shots, I only heard the impact, same sound as when you hit a zed. He on the other hand heard nothing at all. It was a dude proning 30 or 40 meters away from the door aiming at us. I went back into hiding and finally actually managed to kill him. Now we don't know how that happened, the main problem for us was that my buddy went down immediatelly, before the doors were even completely open. The doors themselves did not lag, they started opening directly as I openend them. So here we did suspect that MAYBE some ESP stuff was involved. But that is just speculation. The shooter missed several shots at me later while I was fumbleing to manage my first Ak101 irons sights kill on a proning person who I first had to even find, so he was not that great. What made me kind of doubt if it was a legit killer was how fast he killed my buddy, like he had preaimed exactly at his position, after all he turned out to not be a great shot. But there is always luck to consider ;).

Now what is relevant for you here is that my buddy just dropped dead and did no hear a thing. You shot somebody, maybe he was not alone and you did not hear the shot or impact of the bullet because of the currently messed up sound.

Don't make it sound like the devs aren't giving a shit, that's simply not true.

Depending on the location an official action with authorities may be possible, also take into account where the site actally is, I doubt you will achieve anything there.

I would not advise you to attack/crash websites, that is simply a crime in most places. Also often other sites, maybe even networks are impacted by such actions. You could be sued in civil court in most areas, too.

No, nobody could have shot me cause I was in the center tower of Devils Castle. It's closed up by walls nearby so if somebody did shoot me, I most probably could hear the shot.

And the death was instantaneous, which is pretty lame :P 

I spawned into the NWAF in one of the warehouses towards the tents. Within 45 seconds of spawning, someone started shooting hundreds of rounds at the warehouse I was in. I hadn't even opened the doors or really even moved at this point. So that confirmed he had unlimited mags and a wall hack. This wimp sits outside for 30 minutes or so just firing hundreds of rounds into the corner I was crouched in. I had a buddy that was coming to help me from the south. Just after he tells me he has the southern wall in sight, the hacker stops firing. 30 seconds after that, my buddy is dead. Said the guy just appeared (teleported) right in front of him and sprayed about 100 rounds into his body. My buddy was still about 1,500 meters away from me and this guy managed to make it over to him in less than 30 seconds. So that confirmed he also had a speed hack.

But the pussy hacker never once attempted to actually come in the warehouse and get me, because he knew his ass was grass if he did :)

Edited by generalkayoss
  • Like 2

hopefully battleye is able to take out the good majority of hackers soon 

Edited by TheMaxedout

I saw a guy flying yesterday.

He casually landed next to me and shoot me in the leg. I told him not to be stupid and bandage me, since I only had an axe on me. He started doing so to my surprise.

Well... you don't have to be a genius to figure out what I did next..... Got my axe out...

And a guy disappeared! He reappeared twenty or so meters away and shot me. 

ive been there a few times they are pathetic

I just wanted to say something berenzino is full of hacked mag and so on

not just one person they are now in groups of 4+

the last 3 dayzs we killed almost just hackers or dupers, its all on tape.

at the end of each session we went into the woods to hide the stuff and throw all granates at trees :)

it is getting out of controle ..... !

I'm a pretty new player and I tried to make my first thread in new player discussion about hackers but it was closed and I was sent here.

I rarely have armed conflicts with legit players.  Most of the time it is some guy who teleports behind us and kills everyone with an axe or headshots.  It has gotten so bad that if you spend more than five to ten minutes in a populated server you will encounter a teleporter.  One of my friends was undressed then approached by the hacker and was told that for a small fee of $10 he could get him the hacks.  Cheat protection should be feature priority one for the devs and maybe it is but in my small 185 hours of game time I have seen one person get banned by BE for hack.  I'm ready to see script kiddies getting bounced regularly but it's probably going to continue like this for months and maybe even years.  I have experienced this with other games and just ended up quitting and so did my friends because it took too long to get cheat protection.  I have a couple of weeks of threshold for dealing with cheaters of this frequency then I will just stop playing and start reading.

We have seen people teleport, fly, speedhack, item fabricate, and undress other players.  I'm sure they also use esp and aimbot but these require software to detect.

Just got killed by a teleporting naked person with an M4.  Just so the devs know these hackers are actively recruiting people I stayed in menu over my corpse and he is trying to sell hacks while giving away my gear.  I even got the guy's steam name because he was dumb enough to trade names over my corpse.  Reported.

Edited by curtkinert