rocket

Servers with connection issues to central hive

I actually was mid game with a friend when I got randomly booted from a server. I reconnected and the message said "Unable to load character data. Your character has been reset. Please reconnect to continue". Logged back in and everything was gone. There was no reason for it to happen, and this is a character I have over 20 hours playing on (If you don't count the fact I died once running down steps but managed to retrieve the gear).

I was fully geared to the point that there was no other item I would ever need unless something worthwhile was released! Also had loads of ammo and some of my own blood bagged up by a friend.

The annoying thing about it is that my friend was on the same server and he didn't get an issue, so it wasn't a server crash. I hope this can be resolved! Time to grind for gear again :(

I got the same message recently. What I did is immediately escape back to the server list and join a different server. Didn't lose anything.

• Like 2

So I just want to get a conformation and really couldn't figure out any other post to reply this too.  Not only was my character reset but also my Dayz Standalone settings were reset as well.  It was as if I had just started playing the game for the first time...  I have no idea what happened.  Me and a friend were geared and in a perfectly normal server, and then we logged in a place so as not to be killed and then I tried to come back in because something in my gear wasn't loading properly and I came in the same server and everything was gone and my settings were defaulted...  Really weird and quite terrifying.  I just want an answer as to what happened, if there is one.  Yes, all my friends stuff was fine and I tried everything to see if it was a bad server (logged out, restarted, logged off steam, etc.) everything you would normally try.  Thanks if anyone can help me.

• Like 2

So I just want to get a conformation and really couldn't figure out any other post to reply this too.  Not only was my character reset but also my Dayz Standalone settings were reset as well.  It was as if I had just started playing the game for the first time...  I have no idea what happened.  Me and a friend were geared and in a perfectly normal server, and then we logged in a place so as not to be killed and then I tried to come back in because something in my gear wasn't loading properly and I came in the same server and everything was gone and my settings were defaulted...  Really weird and quite terrifying.  I just want an answer as to what happened, if there is one.  Yes, all my friends stuff was fine and I tried everything to see if it was a bad server (logged out, restarted, logged off steam, etc.) everything you would normally try.  Thanks if anyone can help me.

I didn't have any problems with my settings but after the servers went down while playing when I logged back in my character was a fresh spawn. No clue if characters were wiped or not but any info would be appreciated!

• Like 1

I can't speak for your your settings, but there seem to be a handful of servers that are connecting to the central hive and loading my character. the rest load bambi spawns. I thought it was Gameservers.com but now a bunch of them are also loading bambi's, however the last server I logged into was a Gameservers.com (edit: actually it was a vilayer) server and loaded my pre .45 character.

edit:http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=78

Edited by CPO 1 Bishop
  • Like 2

I just got loaded with my gear from 3 month ago, not tragic but inconvenient.

• Like 2

LAst 2 days I've been having severe issues with new character respawns, loading old characters, continuous rubber banding and something similiar to this happened, reset default settings with a new character.

Edited by 3rdParty
  • Like 1

However - would it be possible to have a list of servers that are known to be working instead of the ones that aren't?

That way we can directly connect to the servers that are working and get going instead of having to doublecheck the IP every time before joining. :)

If you do in fact join one of these servers, at the bottom left theres a notification that tells you that it doesn't connect to the main/central hive. Disconnect immediately if you see this so your character doesn't restart. I've joined multiple of the servers on accident, and left, joined a server connected to the main hive and I was fine. So if any of you were wondering, you don't automatically lose everything, there's just a likely chance that you might. So you can still play with ease. :) Happy Hunting! 

• Like 1

However - would it be possible to have a list of servers that are known to be working instead of the ones that aren't?

That way we can directly connect to the servers that are working and get going instead of having to doublecheck the IP every time before joining.  :)

If you do in fact join one of these servers, at the bottom left theres a notification that tells you that it doesn't connect to the main/central hive. Disconnect immediately if you see this so your character doesn't restart. I've joined multiple of the servers on accident, and left, joined a server connected to the main hive and I was fine. So if any of you were wondering, you don't automatically lose everything, there's just a likely chance that you might. So you can still play with ease. :)

Happy Hunting! 

• Like 1

LAst 2 days I've been having severe issues with new character respawns, loading old characters, continuous rubber banding and something similiar to this happened, reset default settings with a new character.

K, so what i figued out with a 100% success rate is:

a. pick a server that is public as opposed to private using the hive column,

b. when loading ensure there's no hive connection warning

I load my pre .45 char everytime

If you do in fact join one of these servers, at the bottom left theres a notification that tells you that it doesn't connect to the main/central hive. Disconnect immediately if you see this so your character doesn't restart. I've joined multiple of the servers on accident, and left, joined a server connected to the main hive and I was fine. So if any of you were wondering, you don't automatically lose everything, there's just a likely chance that you might. So you can still play with ease. :) Happy Hunting! 

Unless anything has changed overnight, it seems like fragnet has the majority of these atm,  as well as few randoms that are listed as public but are not listed as being carried by a specifc host; vilayer hosted randoms for example seem to be connected alright.

Edit: I posted this while trying to get Facetrack noir working and now noticed everything is back to normal. I apologize for my hasteful post.

Edited by CPO 1 Bishop
  • Like 2

K, so what i figued out with a 100% success rate is:

a. pick a server that is public as opposed to private using the hive column,

b. when loading ensure there's no hive connection warning

I load my pre .45 char everytime

Unless anything has changed overnight, it seems like fragnet has the majority of these atm,  as well as few randoms that are listed as public but are not listed as being carried by a specifc host; vilayer hosted randoms for example seem to be connected alright.

Edit: I posted this while trying to get Facetrack noir working and now noticed everything is back to normal. I apologize for my hasteful post.

Yea that's what I've been sticking to since last night and didn't seem to have any problems, think I'll check again this morning to see if I've still got my character.

ED: SPoke to soon, Logged into You Are Dead, I logged out last night on a wooded hill a good 600 m away from any visible town anyway.

Edited by 3rdParty
  • Like 1

Looks like I will stay away from DayZ for a while until a solution is found. I have a well geared character with over 100hours. It would be a shame to lose all that to a dumb server issue. This really sucks because I want to play really badly! But not taking the chance.

• Like 2

all servers hosted by fragnet.com has hive connection issues

• Like 1

holy never has been reset a char - its only on a handful servers !  then go out - back on an other server and magic  your old char is living ;)   :)

• Like 1

The servers connection issues to central hive are back with the 0.46 patch :(

I have an error message every time I load up dayZ. Anyone else have that problem?

Not every time, but I frequently get the "dayz has stopped working" message, when in the server lobby.

Has been so since December.

Uninstal/reinstall doesn't fix it.

Not only a buggy game ( yes I know: Alpha) but also a buggy server lobby (for which there is no excuse IMO)

Edited by Dennus

TOTALY OF TOPIC!!

but this might be best read thread by officials...

on the main site www.dayz.com at "important broadcast" it still sais DayZ 0.47.124641 is now live on Stable Branch servers.!

is the main site not monitored? is 0.48 a hoax implanted by the government? or you guys lazy??????

ty :P   :thumbsup:

Can anyone answer my question?

As we all know DayZ is not very well optimized and when will it be? Or will it ever be optimized?

As we all know DayZ is not very well optimized and when will it be? Or will it ever be optimized?

lol... what do you think...

its an alpha man, and not even beta, if dayz will ever go beta they will of course optimize it so as many people as possible can enjoy the perfomance and all..smh

Also the current number status of 0.50 does not represent a halfway mark for Alpha either. Brian Hicks explained recently that just because 0.50 is half of 1 does not mean we are halfway!

• Like 1

never  ... . turn on your brain, kids! arma1, arma2, arma3 Daisy - a game that has never been done or completed yet. I would not be surprised top of DLS for Daisy in the future. everything else just promises...

• Like 1

Not before 2016. I hope it helps. Edited by Mor

Can we please start a thread of servers that are setup improperly which continue to reset players?

I logged into a server tonight with 2 people on it, 13:02 was the time (wasn't a new reboot) and lost everything. Thanks!

I've lost more loot and weapons to amateur servers than to other players or KoS.