rocket

Servers with connection issues to central hive

I thought part of the realism and frantic times was night time! I hate when servers drop night time, because a few scared cats cant get over a little darkness or find it harder to KIll On SIght!!. MAN up , that is what torches and batteries are for ;)

Well, for me, its fine if its night time, as long as there is moonlight, if not, there is absolutely no way i can see, all i can see is the skybox, and outlines of trees, but other than that, its too dark to see. :(

We provide the central server architecture, which approved server hosters are allowed to access and provide servers. The servers that are paid for by Bohemia (Multiplay Servers) are all working correctly, and we ensure this as we have direct access to them. If you are particularly disappointed with any server provider, I'd recommend you contact them directly. Certainly, we've identified server ranges and we've notified the providers. In nearly all cases remaining, the reason for the servers not saving has nothing to do with DayZ, for some unknown reason the servers are not talking directly to the central server app.

This means that if we only play on the bohemia servers we wont get ours characters wiped ?

and how do i know which servers are bohemia's or not ?

Thanks !

Edited by Magodark22

You see, i really wanted to be playing right now but... only today i already had 3 wiped characters, i cant stand it anymore :(

You see, i really wanted to be playing right now but... only today i already had 3 wiped characters, i cant stand it anymore :(

I like your avatar.

I like it a low.

• Like 1

can we have a day and night filter for servers ?

What's wrong with using a mouse Left-click on the time column in the server browser and then using your brain?

• Like 1

This means that if we only play on the bohemia servers we wont get ours characters wiped ?

and how do i know which servers are bohemia's or not ?

Thanks !

I think they are the ones with the name format similar to: DayZ AU <x>-<yy> <mode> <version> where 1<x<6 and 0<yy<100. The ranges may be different in the larger geographical regions, but you should get the idea.

• Like 1

I think they are the ones with the name format similar to: DayZ AU <x>-<yy> <mode> <version> where 1<x<6 and 0<yy<100. The ranges may be different in the larger geographical regions, but you should get the idea.

Now things got interesting then... i got wiped in one of these format type servers.

then we got some options to choose:

1 - not all servers of that format are bohemia servers.

2 - bohemia servers can't save/load characters info properly leading then to your character getting wiped.

you can pick both options if you want too, hahahahha

Now things got interesting then... i got wiped in one of these format type servers.

then we got some options to choose:

1 - not all servers of that format are bohemia servers.

2 - bohemia servers can't save/load characters info properly leading then to your character getting wiped.

you can pick both options if you want too, hahahahha

Yeah, wipes seem to be mostly dependant on what format server you join, who its hosted by, and the location of the server host

Edited by Darkrider400

Well, for me, its fine if its night time, as long as there is moonlight, if not, there is absolutely no way i can see, all i can see is the skybox, and outlines of trees, but other than that, its too dark to see. :(

Once again, I say find yourself a light source during the day light hours. There is many means to light up the night. The best one being a weapon torch. Don't fear the dark, embrace it, it is the best time to loot and find all the gear you need, as most people "go to sleep" (refuse to play due to being scared like little girls sat infront of an evil dead marathon), so you should have an easy time of searching and getting gear. Also, zombies are easier to avoid at night :)

What's wrong with using a mouse Left-click on the time column in the server browser and then using your brain?

1) You can only really use one filter at a time, so sorting by day/night messes up the rest of your filtering.

2) It's easy to implement a day/night filter.....

3) What's wrong with offering input that really would benefit players in the long haul? 

Except when you create a new profile in Arma II or 3 it creates it in the other profiles folder. This new system puts it in the DayZ folder. With no new folder.

You don't actually lose anything. Just browse to Mydocs/dayz other profiles, and open up your previous name. cfg and copy paste it into the new cfg file in the mydocs/dayz folder

Yes, pretty much all of them except the ones Rocket mentioned.

Thank you Irenicus, ill keep it in mind, i just started over lol, i expected bugs when i joined the stand alone xD still a 10/10 game for me so far!

I didn't say it was the hosters fault, several times I have specifically said that we didn't know the exact issue, and that while it wasn't affecting most hosts, it wasn't exclusively affecting one.

From the very start of the project, we knew that character instability would affect everyone. We will plan many character wipes, we will not hesitate to reset the database. This is why the very first parts of the steam description describe this very situation, in capital letters no less.

Throughout our alpha, you will recklessly loose your character to instability, wipes, all manor of problems. Because we are actively developing the game we are not focused on individual characters status. We only want to make the future game good. Therefore, if making a change will make the future game better but erase all previous characters - then we will not hesitate to do that.

I'm very proud that through this whole process, I've done everything I can to educate uses as the state of the game and what will happen through the Alpha process. I cannot think of a single thing more I could have done to educate better as to the situation. I would recommend you take a break, read through the warnings on the steam page, and recognize that while it is a very frustrating situation - it is one that we have clearly communication would happen (and will continue to happen) constantly.

The Problem seems gone for me. Did not loose anything the last couple of days. It was really just a short phase after the patch. I was quite upset because i paid for it and i lost like 4 equipped characters as a beginner. And as a beginner, i was very nervous about my gear, that i took hours/days to find. Now, i'm not that attached to my gear any more. I love the game, got my wife to play it also, and i look forward to some nice updates.

Keep up the good work.

sorry, it seems i saved twice. you can delete this post.

Edited by nautic

Hey here are my servers that need hive connection it has been a few days and they are not showing up.

here is the IP and the ports with that IP

IP: 75.102.27.66  Ports: 2302,2402,2502,and 2602

Rented a server yesterday, not able to save to central hive.

Name is currently: Dayz - Server will NOT save
IP: 46.253.198.90:2302

Just a FYI.... If you accidentally connect to one of these servers and you get the messages about the server not able to connect and you leave... You loose all your gear. You start in the same place but all you have is your white T-Shirt and your whitey tighties. No shoes, shirt, gloves, pants, nothing. Most freaking annoying!

My Hardcore Server is saving to Database. Only problem im having is connecting. Sometimes it connects on first restart, other times I have restarted as must as 10-13 times before it would sync with database. Once it's connected everything works and saves correctly. Running Vanilla Dayz  192.99.13.103:2312 Hosted by HFB Servers. Hope this info helps in Finding and Fixing Issues.

Unfortunately I have to report a server rented by my own too as a server having problems sometimes with saving the char to the central server - many complains about beeing reset to the coast after automatic server restart:

IP: 46.4.25.84:2602
Name: DayZ [C]haos [C]ucumber [C]rew | Bandits VS Heros

Host: Vilayer

Gameservers

ip: 108.61.122.221

port:2302

thx

Edited by VIC TEAMsherk