rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

im pretty sure its easier to add the 10 second log out timer than the paint, painting mechanic and shotgun.

Coding-wise? Are you crazy?

They already have code for "can of beans + can opener = open can of beans". That exact same code can be used for "Spray paint + mosin = painted mosin". At most you need to account for ammo and attachments.

Code that keeps a character in the server after the player disconnects is far more complex and risky. It has to keep the character connected to the player's hive profile, even when the player is off the server, to start with.

• Like 2

Wait, wait, so this patch is going on experimental servers?

So for how long exploiting .pbo will be possible on normal servers? Till weekend lol?

Yep, not till Friday if all goes to plan.

i can't get onto the experimental thing. i've changed my settings and all that but when i launch dayZ it just comes up with my old character and all the normal servers. anyone know why this is habbening?

• Like 1

i can't get onto the experimental thing. i've changed my settings and all that but when i launch dayZ it just comes up with my old character and all the normal servers. anyone know why this is habbening?

Experimental patch hasn't been released yet as far as i'm aware. If it has bean oh sh*bleep* i needs to be checking this out ! :P

Edited by twingunz

I don't think it is released yet. Is it ?

Dean you rock!!!  Thank you for all the hard work once again, said it on twitter and here.  Was curious about one thing and I always wanted to ask you but never had the chance, I am in the military and I don't always have access to the internet as you know.  Is there any interest WAY down the road to make a single player mode to play?  Just incase no internet is available.  I like just running around trying to survive.  If not I understand game still rocks.  Thanks Dean!!!!

Bored waiting gone watch daytime tv oh lord ya know this is gonna be bad :/

He did say ETA... ESTIMATED Time of Arrival. Maybe he estimated wrong?  5:30am CST. Guess I'll take a nap and see what's up later.

where is patch? eta is a lie

Can't be, since it's an ETA (as in ESTIMATED Time of Arrival).

edit: Damn, you were faster, RC_Robio  ;)

Edited by ilaril

There is a player named QA12 (Quality Assurance) on the internal testserver since 2 minutes. Maybe we will get it today =) Please remember they are living in Prague, so they use central europen time zones.

P.S. The internal Testserver is filling up.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/37.220.18.218:27016/

Edited by Sloddor

Don't want to be a bearer of bad news, but @DayzDevTeam just tweeted this

Steam Experimental Beta servers are coming down for maintenance ETA on being back up is roughly 5 hours time. Sorry for any inconvenience
Edited by Ranadaine

Well, time to go to bed (in an hour or more) and hope it will be out tomorrow morning my time.

• Like 1

Well, time to go to bed (in an hour or more) and hope it will be out tomorrow morning my time.

We only 13:42 PM

guess they are setting up the new hive system. so it will be up at 17:00 gmt i hope =)

been waiting all morning for this update, and now we have to wait another 5 hours.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :(

• Like 1

Bad news would have been "the patch won't be up til the end of the week", I assume this means that the update will be live in ~5 hours which I'll take to be good news.

We're do these "devs" work? And I go to work at 5am.

Czech Republic.

Good thing he is adding shit to an unfinished game that has no value or use in game besides for being a unique and special snowflake instead of fixing things such as oh you know, Combat logging,Server hopping,Zombies no cliping through buildings,Vehicles,guns,More items that actually do something besides pain your gun pink.

you keep buying the whole " hurrr durr its alpha he's allowed to do that" just because its an unfinished game doesnt mean he should skip all the basic fundamentals of the game such as being able to store gear

Different people work on different things. Some things may take longer but also don't need more people working on them. Some things get finished before others.

Bad news would have been "the patch won't be up til the end of the week", I assume this means that the update will be live in ~5 hours which I'll take to be good news.

I assumed that there are a lot of people here who were waiting to get this patch in the evening in their timezone. Like in USA (?). That's an unfortunate delay, and it means that they won't really get to try this update for the next 24 hours or so (after getting back from work or whatever). This is not as bad as longer delay could be, but they still may feel a bit left out. I'm just trying to be polite anyway :)