rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

People demanding the update to be fully released at 1am in the morning.. come on people, you're making stuff seem like it's all about you now. gimme a break.

People demanding the update to be fully released at 1am in the morning.. come on people, you're making stuff seem like it's all about you now. gimme a break.

not damanding.. just excitedly waiting... like christmas

What timezone is the DayZ team going by?

I'd guess Prague, Czech Republic. So 9 hours behind us. (non daylight savings.)

Sounds issues are putting me off playing as i simply can not tell if someone is in teh town im looting or across the map.

• Like 1

Can't wait for the new revision  :D

For those complaining about them not addressing the teleport/rubberband and character wipe issues: just a guess, but both of these issues might be a result of the hive (aka official database) not "updating" quick enough. Without going into further detail, I think the "private shard/hive" support coming in the next patch may relieve this issue.

Eagerly awaiting as well.  Outstanding job, Rocket and team!  In the sea of huge-budget releases and countless indie titles, this game is truly something special.

These next 6 hours should be when the experimental update comes out, assuming that the ETA is right, and it is for Czech republic time.

Assuming it could come out between 6am and 12pm Czech republic time.

The only thing I don't like in this, is the character dead body cleanup after ten minutes...

• Like 3

The only thing I don't like in this, is the character dead body cleanup after ten minutes...

We don't even know if that will make it to stable, and even if it does it'l get fixed soonish I'm sure.

Anyone know how long until it's out?

-ZippiT

Likely 4 hours from now as that is when they are in the office.

• Like 2

Likely 4 hours from now as that is when they are in the office.

Have my beans :3

-ZippiT

Yes, a new character will also have no knowledge of his tent being ransacked by wild animals once his old character died.....8-) Hopefully, Rocket and dev team will link all tents to characters that pitched them and when they die, the tent and it's contents will likewise despawn at the same time of the character's corpse. Thus, leaving no pile of tents in the forest....but hope the wildlife will come sooner for some hunting simulation.... Ehehehehe

Great Work! On the new patches, Rocket and team.....8-)

Lol No. That would defeat the whole purpose of having tents. I hope this is not done.

Oh and guys. Stop speculating when the patch will be out. It isn't even a sure thing. Read the notes.

Edited by Irenicus

And my axe!

My body is ready..

And my axe!

And my bow!

Hi, about the 10 minutes body clean-up, is it to prevent players from getting stuff back from previous corpse ? Or is it a performance issue ? I must admit that I'm against this new feature for there is nothing scarier than a dead body in a place that appears to be empty.

Hi, about the 10 minutes body clean-up, is it to prevent players from getting stuff back from previous corpse ? Or is it a performance issue ? I must admit that I'm against this new feature for there is nothing scarier than a dead body in a place that appears to be empty.

Probably performance at the moment.

So glad rocket is adding Important things to the game that make a huge game breaking change instead of little things that isn't needed because that would be silly.

Seriously why bother adding trivial things such as spray paint. Ok cool,i understand making home made bombs which is a pretty cool thing to be able to makeshift bombs,Ammo and weapons in general but why not work on shit that actually builds a community and allows people to actually enjoy the game such as you know hmmmm maybe adding ways to store items you know those normally pointy/dome shaped things that you camp in.

Spray paint : Change your Nagant from perfect wood to pink : Purpose = Show you're retarded and should never own a vintage gun in real life.

Storage : Store items and give people purpose going north and scavenging gear and being able to save items, Lowering people killing noobies on the shore, more threats in land.

Honestly there is no reason to play this game at the moment besides for playing with a few friends " Which still has no real Longevity to the game", Killing fresh spawns for shits and giggles because lets face it why go in land when you can get pimped at Bolota and have no way to store gear inland. And or im sure a lot of peoples favourite Stream Sniping. While yes this is an alpha you have to remember that this game took 2 years to make and it has probably 15% more things than ArmA 2 DayZ, "While this part i am not entirely 100% on" People say it is a Modified ArmA 2 Engine Or ArmA 3 engine. As a paying customer i have every right to bitch about a game as you don't go to a restaurant order a medium rare steak and get a well done one and not have the right to complain.

Which that said i enjoy the game as a whole and it shows much promise with the rate of patches and content but why do we get half arsed patches with content that impacts the game very little to not at all, Spray painting guns sure but how about adding stuff such as vehicles, tents, more than 2 guns.

TL:DR Stop praising rocket for doing half arsed patches with little to no real impact on the game if you keep doing this you are saying to rocket " Yes we enjoy no real content, Please give me more useless shit".

• Like 2

Hopefully both.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that "ETA Monday AM" means we estimate that the update will be available on Monday morning, not the update will be live as soon as we get into the office on Monday morning.

You're overreacting :) You don't understand the development process (yes, I do) and actually you agreed that if need be, devs can take the money and don't add any single line of code. I'd like bases and other stuff first too, for now, this will do nicely.

. As a paying customer i have every right to bitch about a game as you don't go to a restaurant order a medium rare steak and get a well done one and not have the right to complain.

TL:DR Stop praising rocket for doing half arsed patches with little to no real impact on the game if you keep doing this you are saying to rocket " Yes we enjoy no real content, Please give me more useless shit".

You ordered an steak that hasn't even been cut off the cow yet by buying the alpha. As said earlier, the person who works on netcode isn't the same person the does art/map/animation or any other parts of the game. The parts that are in the patch a things that certain people on the team have finished and it doesn't hold up anyone else in the team by releasing it

• Like 3

nice update,

but one thing really bothers me:

this makes it almost impossible to retrieve your gear after dying far away from the cost.

also, findig corpses is one of the most important aspects of exploring imho  :(

^

• Like 1

nice update,

but one thing really bothers me:

this makes it almost impossible to retrieve your gear after dying far away from the cost.

also, findig corpses is one of the most important aspects of exploring imho :(

What the actual hell? Obviously you're not supposed to run back to your corpse. Just listen to yourself.

• Like 3