rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

What the actual hell? Obviously you're not supposed to run back to your corpse. Just listen to yourself.

It is not your corpse, it is just the corpse of your previous character. You sure can run to it and loot it.

Yes, logically, you should not know where to find that corpse, but listen, this is a video game, we should not expect total realism.

Would you maybe prefer to have your game being deleted from hard drive after in-game death? Would be sooo realistic!

• Like 3

10 Minutes is for server cleanup performance issues. (AKA Desync and lag on picking up and dropping things)

I'm pretty sure 10 minutes will not be the final number although the corpse system isn't meant to be a "saved game checkpoint".

When you lose your shit expect it to be gone from here on out.

So glad rocket is adding Important things to the game that make a huge game breaking change instead of little things that isn't needed because that would be silly.

Seriously why bother adding trivial things such as spray paint. Ok cool,i understand making home made bombs which is a pretty cool thing to be able to makeshift bombs,Ammo and weapons in general but why not work on shit that actually builds a community and allows people to actually enjoy the game such as you know hmmmm maybe adding ways to store items you know those normally pointy/dome shaped things that you camp in.

Spray paint : Change your Nagant from perfect wood to pink : Purpose = Show you're retarded and should never own a vintage gun in real life.

Storage : Store items and give people purpose going north and scavenging gear and being able to save items, Lowering people killing noobies on the shore, more threats in land.

Honestly there is no reason to play this game at the moment besides for playing with a few friends " Which still has no real Longevity to the game", Killing fresh spawns for shits and giggles because lets face it why go in land when you can get pimped at Bolota and have no way to store gear inland. And or im sure a lot of peoples favourite Stream Sniping. While yes this is an alpha you have to remember that this game took 2 years to make and it has probably 15% more things than ArmA 2 DayZ, "While this part i am not entirely 100% on" People say it is a Modified ArmA 2 Engine Or ArmA 3 engine. As a paying customer i have every right to bitch about a game as you don't go to a restaurant order a medium rare steak and get a well done one and not have the right to complain.

Which that said i enjoy the game as a whole and it shows much promise with the rate of patches and content but why do we get half arsed patches with content that impacts the game very little to not at all, Spray painting guns sure but how about adding stuff such as vehicles, tents, more than 2 guns.

TL:DR Stop praising rocket for doing half arsed patches with little to no real impact on the game if you keep doing this you are saying to rocket " Yes we enjoy no real content, Please give me more useless shit".

*facepalm*  You do understand you purchased an unfinished product right?  I mean, there are warnings everywhere that it is an alpha. 

• Like 3

It is not your corpse, it is just the corpse of your previous character. You sure can run to it and loot it.

Yes, logically, you should not know where to find that corpse, but listen, this is a video game, we should not expect total realism.

Would you maybe prefer to have your game being deleted from hard drive after in-game death? Would be sooo realistic!

Well, good point, but I still like how it works in the update better. I just feel it's kind cheaty when people run back to get their gear without having to do anything in order to earn their things.

Everyone is starting to roll into work.. :-)

8:46 AM
Monday, January 20, 2014 (CET)

Time in Prague, Czech Republic

Relating the "10 min body cleanup" Dean Hall posted on Twitter: "temporary solution pending further performance fixes" 17th of Jan.

So is it available yet? It's like 6pm here in Aussie. That's Mon-day btw. And no it's not wed-nes-day max.

• Like 1

So is it available yet? It's like 6pm here in Aussie. That's Mon-day btw. And no it's not wed-nes-day max.

It isn't even 9am where the devs work. When was the last time you went to work before 9am? (Assuming you work in an office)

Most people work from 9-5 and they still need to do some work on it.

It isn't even 9am where the devs work. When was the last time you went to work before 9am? (Assuming you work in an office)

Most people work from 9-5 and they still need to do some work on it.

plus they have to have a coffee and chat about the weekend.. then have several meetings. then they can bitch about mondayitis. then lunch.. now the workday begins :P

EDIT: by several meetings I mean smoke breaks

Edited by ministelis

Please fix the animation and sound when you lick the battery! *rage inbound in 3...2...1...* Nah, I think they're doing great work, they probably don't tell us exactly everything they change. They might have missed apmething in the changelog.

Can't wait ..def trying out the experimental branch .. keep up the good work rocket and team

This list should shut up those winers bugging the forums for a new patch.

I'm excited to see the new stuff.

I just saw this on page one and laughed. Sorry pal, you can't expect that much from keyboard warriors who know nothing about anything.

You can't run back to your corpse anyway, so it's moot point people. Right now respawn does not work, you have to exit and re-enter server, which means your body will be gone anyhoo

You can't run back to your corpse anyway, so it's moot point people. Right now respawn does not work, you have to exit and re-enter server, which means your body will be gone anyhoo

Completely wrong as usual. Been doing this with the lads all week.

• Like 1

is it out?

Just enable experimental builds and you will recieve it via Steam as soon as it becomes available.

• Like 1

is it out?

No, they probably only got into work an hour ago. They had some work to do before they could launch it as experimental and it is only estimated that they would get it out the morning of the 20th.

Where exactly to enable that?

Right click your DayZ in the library, click on properties, go to Betas, click on the drop down menu, and select to opt in for experimental builds.

you guys realize the experimental build was running during the whole Weekend right? when they release it today ist not experimental anymore..