rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

is there a time given to the experimental? i don't know how you can see when it's available :c

You will know when steam updates the files.

Thanks mate :D ... Iam really getting sick of those posts...

Only because they are NOT releasing "important" stuff in THIS update doesn't mean that they are not working on it already...

Game development is a process, you cant just do this do that, it basicly doesnt work...

And not everyone from bohemia is working on the same stuff... split work you know...

Agreed. I don't work in game development but in software development. Totally unrelated in a way. But we can throw a 100 of little things in first with our team that work, then it's a  bit easier to work the few big issues around the smaller things, rather then reworking each smaller issue individually around the bigger issue.

So we're getting alpha patch for an alpha game? Too funny.

Rust is more popular than DayZ and there is a reason why. 

Have you've been on steam recently? DayZ has been the best selling game since it opened up on early access. During the steam winter sale it was best selling despite all the cheap, good games. Also, Rust is alpha and gets alpha patchs all the time... 

So we're getting alpha patch for an alpha game? Too funny.

Rust is more popular than DayZ and there is a reason why.

More popular with the hackers and hacked servers. Tried Rust. Reminds me of WarZ. Have fun with that.

20.I.2014, 11 AM and still no patch?

Please, my friend says he feels like a dick for having deleted buildings .pbo and killing people, but if everyone can do it he will do it too,

Body despawning times is going to be hard to please anyone. In theory I think a player that was killed should not be able to run back to his body. To keep with the realism. You die, you should not have any knowledge of your previous life.

Live long and prosper

Yea, it's a delicate balance, because you don't want people to be able to run back to their previous corpse, but you do want to give the "killer" the oppertunity to loot the corpse. And if you're in a larger gunfight (multiple players) it make be more than 10 minutes before one side has the oppertunity to loot.

20.I.2014, 11 AM and still no patch?

Please, my friend says he feels like a dick for having deleted buildings .pbo and killing people, but if everyone can do it he will do it too,

Not everyone is doing it. I  guess he will have to continue  feeling like a dick.

• Like 1

Just saw this on Rockets twitter page, thought I'd leave it here after hearing all the comments regarding it and no apparent dev answer here.

Post asking if 10 minute clean up time is too quick.

Rory @Beasleyyyyy Jan 17

@rocket2guns okay thanks, do you not think its a bit quick? sometimes firefights could last longer than that. Meaning possibly no reward?

Rockets answer

Dean Hall @rocket2guns Jan 17

@Beasleyyyyy temporary solution pending further performance fixes

Edited by meiz22

for an alpha thats sold 1mil copies, im not sure about any of you but thats alot of dohnuts.

Learn to spell and people will take your hissy fits a little more seriously. Only a little though, they'll still realise you're a huge gimp soon enough

I wish they would delay this patch and add the SKS that rocket promised...

I wish they would delay this patch and add the SKS that rocket promised...

Most important thing in this patch is .pbo signature check and it needs to be added asap.

• Like 5

Coding away bugs usually takes more time than making new models.

That's why we are getting sawn offs and pink mosins instead of Combat logging fixes and Zombie fixes.

This has been discussed at least 5 times in this thread alone. If you don't like the game as is then stop playing and uninstall. 

Also

im pretty sure its easier to add the 10 second log out timer than the paint, painting mechanic and shotgun.

even a quick google search and i found some compatible code that could be used. the 10 sec timer is an already used method, not rocket science to implement like the paint/painting could be.

• Like 1

Yea, it's a delicate balance, because you don't want people to be able to run back to their previous corpse, but you do want to give the "killer" the oppertunity to loot the corpse. And if you're in a larger gunfight (multiple players) it make be more than 10 minutes before one side has the oppertunity to loot.

That's where the conundrum lies. Understand giving the killer/killers time to loot or friends in their squad time to loot. There is really no way to keep the death of a player "real". Or keeping them away from their previous life's knowledge. There is really no way around it. The shortened timer is the only feasible option at this time the way I see it. It is an apocalypse you will scrounge as fast as possible before somebody else gets to it and it  will just be an empty corpse.

15 mins till PM....

Not complaining just saying. I wouldn't care if it came out tomorrow (for me).

not rocket science to implement like the paint/painting could be.

Was the pun intended?  :D

• Like 2

Not wrong at all. Respawn doesn't work for anyone. Lying about something does not make you right.

Respawn may not be fully functional but it being broken does not have anything to do with bodies despawning.

• Like 1

im pretty sure its easier to add the 10 second log out timer than the paint, painting mechanic and shotgun.

even a quick google search and i found some compatible code that could be used. the 10 sec timer is an already used method, not rocket science to implement like the paint/painting could be.

i think so too.

i hate guys that log out in a fight... 

even a quick google search and i found some compatible code that could be used. the 10 sec timer is an already used method, not rocket science to implement like the paint/painting could be.Link or

Link or you are full of it. Probably DayZ Mod timers. 

Good thing he is adding shit to an unfinished game that has no value or use in game besides for being a unique and special snowflake instead of fixing things such as oh you know, Combat logging,Server hopping,Zombies no cliping through buildings,Vehicles,guns,More items that actually do something besides pain your gun pink.

you keep buying the whole " hurrr durr its alpha he's allowed to do that" just because its an unfinished game doesnt mean he should skip all the basic fundamentals of the game such as being able to store gear

Can the mods not start deleting posts from obvious brain dead knobheads like this one? Getting really sick of having to sift through people crying their little eyes out because the game isn't PERFECT for little Timmy to play on NOW!
  • Like 4

15 mins till PM....

Not complaining just saying. I wouldn't care if it came out tomorrow (for me).

Well it's getting annoying that any estimating skills of Rocket are completely lacking. Whenever you see any estimate or promise you just know that you cannot trust it anytime.

It's not about how easy it is, it's about the guy who is fixing it and what his assigned priorities lists are and more than likely the guy(s) working on the logout timer would more than likely be the same guys working on engine stability and that is more important than you getting rustled when someone combat logs on you :P 

the guy doing the spray paints would be an texture artist / modeler more than likely and he would not be working on logout timers seeing that coding is not his job.

• Like 3

Well it's getting annoying that any estimating skills of Rocket are completely lacking. Whenever you see any estimate or promise you just know that you cannot trust it anytime.

Now that you have said this the patch will be released to experimental on 11:59am their time.

EDIT: 650th post

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

Now that you have said this the patch will be released to experimental on 11:59am their time.

Wait, wait, so this patch is going on experimental servers?

So for how long exploiting .pbo will be possible on normal servers? Till weekend lol?