rocket

Rolling Changelog: Stable Branch: 0.32.114557

Yeah the servers are crazy right now. I spawned in the first time and was able to get a weapon cleaning kit, black and green spraypaint and a hacksaw. Of course, this was my relatively newer guy from a few days back.That server restarted so i joined a couple of others to find myself on the beach.. Then joined a night server and my guy was brought back. I'm just not going to play for fear of losing something tonight. I did at least get to do this to my Mosin :) :

npeoyv7ebu89sycrwhr3.jpg

DUDE!

What server were you on that had daytime?! All of them are night for me :(

lol... dude this is al....   aahhh forgett it....

Let it go man.. let it go.  lol

Someone people haven't been keeping up..

I don't see the option to change name in main menu. And for some reason my new name is not my steam username, or my pc user name but the name of my pc. WTF guys ? 

You have to click on your name in the bottom left corner

• Like 1

I don't see the option to change name in main menu. And for some reason my new name is not my steam username, or my pc user name but the name of my pc. WTF guys ? 

Click on your Name in the main menu for DayZ SA.   Then change it to your liking.

Yeah the servers are crazy right now. I spawned in the first time and was able to get a weapon cleaning kit, black and green spraypaint and a hacksaw. Of course, this was my relatively newer guy from a few days back.That server restarted so i joined a couple of others to find myself on the beach.. Then joined a night server and my guy was brought back. I'm just not going to play for fear of losing something tonight. I did at least get to do this to my Mosin :) :

npeoyv7ebu89sycrwhr3.jpg

can u chamber 5bullets into mosin after painted or is it still not workin?

Regular=3rd person, Hardcore=1st person only

are there any other differences? or will there be?

Are we suppose to have a wipe or not?

Don't where to begin playing...

u might get a fullwipe when ur name is changed or u might get a rollbackwipe like ~5days ago.

can u chamber 5bullets into mosin after painted or is it still not workin?

Still not working :( In fact, it will let you chamber 2, but really 1 just disappears. They gotta fix that bug.

Irenicus, on 21 Jan 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:snapback.png

Regular=3rd person, Hardcore=1st person only

are there any other differences? or will there be?

There *used* to be a lot of other differences (and the "Veteran" level, sort of as a stepping stone from Regular -> Veteran -> Hardcore), whereby things like nameplates would be on or off, crosshairs would be on or off, etc...so it's hard to say if the devs will play with re-differentiating the gametypes with options like that at any point in the future.  For now, it's just the perspectives that are different.  

Personally...I think the fewer bells/whistles you can turn on and off the better, or the game will get out of hand with a million variants (nameplates, crosshairs, perspectives, zombie/lootspawns, aggro radius, damage-done, hunger/disease rates, friendly-fire?, etc.) ...but maybe that's ultimately what they want as well.  Only Dean/Bohemia probably know at this point.  I say keep it simple.  I'd like to see them keep hunger/damage/decay/etc. "physical" rates and attributes 100% the same everywhere (as in, a human is a human no matter what mode), and maybe just differentiate in terms of scarcity of goods and/or number of zombies plus restrictions on perspective.  Something like that...but not make it very tweakable.

• Like 2

Server database is crazy right now...better wait for a hotfix then...

Were is the shotgun spawning?

Just found one at the third floor of the school in Krasnostav...

• Like 1

There *used* to be a lot of other differences (and the "Veteran" level, sort of as a stepping stone from Regular -> Veteran -> Hardcore), whereby things like nameplates would be on or off, crosshairs would be on or off, etc...so it's hard to say if the devs will play with re-differentiating the gametypes with options like that at any point in the future.  For now, it's just the perspectives that are different.  

Personally...I think the fewer bells/whistles you can turn on and off the better, or the game will get out of hand with a million variants (nameplates, crosshairs, perspectives, zombie/lootspawns, aggro radius, damage-done, hunger/disease rates, friendly-fire?, etc.) ...but maybe that's ultimately what they want as well.  Only Dean/Bohemia probably know at this point.  I say keep it simple.  I'd like to see them keep hunger/damage/decay/etc. "physical" rates and attributes 100% the same everywhere (as in, a human is a human no matter what mode), and maybe just differentiate in terms of scarcity of goods and/or number of zombies plus restrictions on perspective.  Something like that...but not make it very tweakable.

I think Dean mentioned not being able to hide bodies. but I don't think that's in the game at all yet

I'm hoping it's more than just the perspective (eventually)

You have to click on your name in the bottom left corner

Found that eventually. 

Ever since this went live, every server I join resets me to the beach as a fresh spawn.  Even the server that I was on, running for an hour just to find a fire axe then I get a server reset so I rejoin the same server and then BAM: Back on the beach as a freshspawn.  Not awesome, fix that please.  Just logged 3 hours of play and I am still a freshspawn.

Do the devs know about the character wipe wen re joining

they hopefully sleepin right now to be fresh in 6-8h takin care of that

Are you kidding me? The m4 was ludicrously common. Are you even looking in the right places?

I don't make joke posts, and I'm no n00b, so don't speak to me like one, but yeah, I know where to look.

they hopefully sleepin right now to be fresh in 6-8h takin care of that

Oh thats right they sleep (forgot about tikmezone difference)

This looks sexy as hell... I cant wait to run around the new city with a shotgun, burlap sack over my head, talking like morgan freeman... and a painted mosin :D

Oh thats right they sleep (forgot about tikmezone difference)

Not sure who told you this, but the devs do not sleep.. they are, and have been, working around the clock, 24/7, working on making DayZ SA the best that it can, and will be.  This means no sleep.. EVER.  

Now, back to regularly scheduled program..