dgeesio

are people trying to make the SA to friendly?

yes making guns more rare and ammo to cut down on killing/KOS ? there are other things being mentioned aswell. is dayz slowly being turned into a mormon zombie project ?

some would love us all to hold hands and play together nicely but do the majority want that ?

some of the newer ideas /gameplay does seem to be trying to make people not kill each other .

what are your thoughts on this do you want a friendly dayz ? is dayz becoming to soft ?

• Like 3

Yeah, they are. A bunch of unadapted pussyies if you ask me.

• Like 7

I'm all for making guns and ammo rarer, and improving melee weapons.  As it stands, ammo is common enough that if you look for a little bit you end up with far more than you'll ever use.

• Like 5

Roleplayers and the Walking Cliche-fanclub trying to force role-playing as THE way to go, and anything that might obstruct roleplaying and their imaginary boundaries should be banished. 

Like I said a thousand times by now, I don't want 10 shotguns, a couple of bolt action rifles and 10 type of 9mm pistols to be 99% of the weapons in DayZ. So boring...

Though ammo should indeed be more rare, people forget that once AK-74's and 47's get added, we'll see 5 spawns of 3 ammo types at NWAF, instead of 15 spawns of m4 ammo.

Edited by Ratiasu
  • Like 4

Nope, I'm too busy trying not to die of thirst/hunger/zombies to go around being nice to people.

I want kos to be lesser so far i have not met 1 freindlly person

but it needs to happen by making zombies a threat

dont make the game easyer but shift the threat from people to zombies

there are meny other games where you can run around a map shooting people

Dayz is ment to be different

Edited by King Tubbs
  • Like 10

I'm all for making guns and ammo rarer, and improving melee weapons.  As it stands, ammo is common enough that if you look for a little bit you end up with far more than you'll ever use.

Maybe when they will fix item respawn they are going to reduce the quantity of ammo you can find.

Well, people can try making it more friendly, but as long as internet is internet, they won´t succeed.

Rare ammo, need for team mates etc. aren´t really aimed to make game friendlier, they´re aimed to make game more unforgiving and to force confrontations with people (although i think they try to help finding non-lethal ones a bit too)

Can't please everyone. Simple as that. 

I'd probably stop playing if they added carebearing shit like sanity. (Sanity should be a banned word on the forums by the way.)

Besides, right now, there's not much else to do when you are fully kitted up. Of course you COULD go act friendly, but most of the time you would probably end up dying and restarting.

Edited by Konna
  • Like 6

Yeah i think PVP is the main draw for most. Right now, with the spawns as they are, i can barely find anyone inland. Everyone is on the coast making their way to Elecktro and there are tons of guys mowing down spawns, i assume because the PVP is their interest. I'd say more guns are needed, not less. Things will change of course, but if you look at the variations of the DayZ mod, PVP seems like the main draw.

Go back to COD please.

Lol, such a lame reply, I don't even like cod just for your information.

• Like 3

yes making guns more rare and ammo to cut down on killing/KOS ?

A weapon number decrease, does not prevent KOS.

It only makes the veterans stronger. The game will be unbalanced if the weapons are reduced. More would not happen thus.

Edited by NoCheats

If done right this game could be a direct competitor for Hello Kitty Island Adventure, which could bring in many new players.

• Like 5

Maybe the answer is PvP and PvE servers?

The idea doesn't have to change anything, just the mentality of the players that can pick where they play does.

Here's a thought: Give every server a PvP or PvE tag. Track player profiles to include player kills. If you kill x number of players you can only enter PvP servers until a global cool-down on your kill-ratio times up.

You will still get the occational PvE killing spree, but in general PvPers will have to play on PvP servers.  :P

Fixed.  :lol:

• Like 2

If done right this game could be a direct competitor for Hello Kitty Island Adventure, which could bring in many new players.

It's all about the sales! Also don't forget about the survival aspect, some Dora the Explorer action to even out the gameplay.

well the thing is rocket is always on about his vision for the game is his vision we all play nicely or does he want the gruesome reality?

some changes although maybe not said are geared to make the game less kill everyone. some ideas just feel like they being snook in to calm the KOS crowd who cry so loudly on here.

• Like 1

Players can throw all their "nerf pvp" ideas they want at Rocket, but he'll have none of it.

He wants this game to be as punishing as it is.  And he already said this game isn't for everyone.

This game is what really defines a "hardcore" game.  

You will never be able to alter player behavior in this game.  They will do as they do.  

And nobody should try to discourage that, it's what makes this game unique.

To be honest, Making guns and ammo rarer can make it worse .-.

In all honesty, if I want to shoot people there are a ton of FPS out there that do it good, we don't need another one.

I was really looking forward to a survival sim, not another bloodbath FPS game.

• Like 11

Maybe the answer is PvP and PvE servers?

This is the easiest way to destroy the brand "DayZ".

DayZ builds on interpersonal conflicts.

Edited by NoCheats
  • Like 4

Am I alone in the fact that worrying about players actions and reactions is what makes this game intense for me?

PvE servers would destroy the nature of this game, and what makes it good in my opinion.

Sure, dying and losing a full kit because you were killed by someone on sight sucks a little.  But becoming a better survivor is empowering.

• Like 7

dgeesio, what happened to posting "there is nothing you can do to stop KoS" in every topic on the subject? Had a sudden change of heart? :rolleyes:

Am I alone in the fact that worrying about players actions and reactions is what makes this game intense for me?

PvE servers would destroy the nature of this game, and what makes it good in my opinion.

Sure, dying and losing a full kit because you were killed by someone on sight sucks a little.  But becoming a better survivor is empowering.

Yup, worrying about the potential actions of other players pretty much is the game.

It's a tricky thing to balance if you think about it. On the one hand - if you introduce PvE servers, then there is no worrying. Everyone is friendly and singing songs around the camp fire. But on the other hand, when everyone just kills on sight you don't worry about what other players might do because you already know that they're going to shoot you and you have to shoot them first.

I think what the devs are aiming for is a balance where some people are friendly and some people are bandits as that is what makes for the best gameplay.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 9

It's entirely down to who's after what. Some people play for killing. Others play for the unique concept of the game, meaning you would pretty much RolePlay a real apocalypse, doing what you would do in real life. I personally am one of those after roleplay. If this game was about killing random people, I wouldn't bother playing. 

I do agree, though, that there should be some sort of a filter to place players into according servers by their playing style. And by no means do I mean disabling killing anyone on some servers, that would deteriorate the game. Disallowing killing random people on sight, without first interacting with them on roleplay servers would seem sensible. Because to me it makes no sense that a zombie apocalypse would trigger a world of people trying to kill all the remaining people by all means. Surely, the trust or no trust element has to be in the game (personal gains vs humanity), so you would have to be extremely cautious, but just going around killing whoever you find on your way is entirely stupid.

If you look at world history, even in World War 1 the french and the germans celebrated christmas together, coming out of their trenches and sharing booze, even giving gifts to eachother. It didn't matter that they shot at eachother the day before, and carried on the day after. Humanity kicks in at one point.

Edited by chpp
  • Like 2