dgeesio

are people trying to make the SA to friendly?

Weapons and ammo should be rare. Not for any reason related to Killing on Sight. But because this is a zombie fucking survival game.

The spawn point adjustments helped the BalotaField 4 crew learn there's a little bit more than just the south coast.

People who think the game needs artificial PVP punishment systems to force a play style similar to their own are missing the point of a sandbox game. Not to mention as well the fact that the game is utterly incomplete, we do not know how the game will play-out once there's actually a zombie threat. And hopefully a real threat this time, not the buzzing bee annoyance the zombies were in the mod.

Edited by Knightmare
  • Like 5

actualy nope.

howigotthemask.jpg

friendly neighbourhood watch... to be fair..he tried to run away....

i feel bad for you..

if you think that shows anything other then being a total douchebag your wrong.

5 geared to the teeth players shooting a unarmed freshie who tried to run away ??

cool story Bro.

/facepalm

• Like 3

yes making guns more rare and ammo to cut down on killing/KOS ? there are other things being mentioned aswell. is dayz slowly being turned into a mormon zombie project ?

some would love us all to hold hands and play together nicely but do the majority want that ?

some of the newer ideas /gameplay does seem to be trying to make people not kill each other .

what are your thoughts on this do you want a friendly dayz ? is dayz becoming to soft ?

I'm actually taking beans from you for this simple fact: It's all religions junior.

Now then, could care less if you all kill each other till oblivion, new spawns should be given a chance from your hyperactive coast killing asses.

hehe, i didn't know that's why they where killing them selves, that's just funny 

Yeah, some guy complained about how he killed himself 50 times and still didn't spawn near Balota and how it would have taken him like half an hour to run there...so...he spent what had to have been over an hour just suiciding over and over...the irony.

• Like 1

i feel bad for you..

5 geared to the teeth players shooting a unarmed freshie who tried to run away ??

cool story Bro.

/facepalm

actualy 6. ( you forgot zeh combat photographer ) my mates tried to talk to him but he started punching them. That tagline was just better :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

actualy 6. ( you forgot zeh combat photographer ) my mates tried to talk to him but he started punching them. That tagline was just better :D

He is just jealous he didnt participate in the hunt

"its all about choices. and i simply refuse to PK."

"I will, however, gladly call random strangers about whom I know absolutely nothing "douchebags" on the internet because they choose to play a game with slightly different priorities than me."

Refuses to kill people in a game specifically designed to allow it, but no problem at all profanely disparaging actual real human beings in reality.

Your priorities are definitely straight. A real stand-up guy. A Hero for sure. So glad the game has folks like you to teach us all how to play or we might have to decide for ourselves.

• Like 2

DayZ is about man's inhumanity to man. 

There are other games, like minecraft, if that isn't your thing. 

I hear State of Decay is a great game for pussies who want to sing kumbaya or merely loot houses by themselves. 

EDIT: In all seriousness though, that game freaked me out, man. There is such a thing as too friendly. 

Edited by Doctor Zed

Okay, look. If some of you want a different playstyle to be popular, then live it. 

The default is obviously "Kill everything that moves" by most. 

However, I notice this doesn't exactly make up the majority of some of the thoughts i see in this thread.

So, change it. 

You'll die a lot. I have, since changing my own playstyle. I'll say though, that it's been pretty rewarding, overall. If this were some sort of goddamned rpg, I would probably be considered lawful evil. I spent 1 year in the mod being a bandit to total fucking douchebag proportions, and the other half being the nice guy who'd take a chance. There are benefits to both. Melding the two, in my opinion, is the most rewarding. I don't tear down every person I see, or only just humiliate them, because there's more value there if you work with people sometimes. 

For example: A couple of hours ago tonight I met a noob. He was pretty carebear, so i set it up (and i'm glad I did, really). I said that if he ended up getting well enough on his way, that was it. He's out and we split ways. He had a plan to run to zelen. I told him i'd see him safely up there. We were in elecktro at the time. We approach the fire station (not the factory one, the other one) to check for gear and hear shots. We laid low for a few and then i told him to climb the ladder to the top to see if he could get himself a gun. Luckily he didn't get blown away, but he found a pistol and made it back down. I had a pistol clip and thought about it a while before giving it to him. Then I had a good idea. It was a gamble. He was a nice enough guy, so i went with it. I told him my idea and he was cool with it. I gave him the clip.

We set up to camp server hoppers because they aren't only out of control, but a great source of insta-loot. I told him that if he pulled overwatch for me while I sniped server hoppers (which appeared literally every fucking 30 seconds it seemed like) that I would make sure he would get geared up enough to do some damage. 

I gave him the clip and he was a good sport about it all. I took up my position with my mosin and LR scope and he had my back. I killed a few people in just a few minutes. Well, then another hopper logged into the same area we were in and I didn't catch it. He caught them training their gun to me and popped them in the head. If it weren't for that guy, it would have been over for me. After that, we ran up, saw another hopper, popped him, got him stocked to the nines (and myself a nice magnum and plenty of food and water) and headed out of the building. As we get out, another guy starts coming up with an m4 and hits him as he tried to take a position behind the officer box or whatever it's called. I take a shot at him to get him off of the other guy and thought i killed him, but apparently didn't. I ducked back in to reload and the other guy finished the job. I ran over and patched him up and we took off to zelen. I had to log, but I hope he did well.

This was a total stranger. I don't even know who in the hell the guy was, and i'm sure as fuck I will never meet them again. But thanks random guy! we worked well together and benefited from a situation where, if we weren't working together, shit would have probably went way south for both of us in no time.

This is just one story. I have a million in my DayZ career. I'm a bandit, and i'm fine with that. That doesn't mean I won't think twice about killing you before you ever lay eyes on me. However, that doesn't mean that I just go around fucking people up all of the time just because I can. I didn't shoot the guy because he proved he had my back. In most other situations, if there was no one left, he was next. It's automatic. Just because i'm a fuck that likes to troll doesn't mean that I'm a total asshole. Your life in this game is typically fairly short, no matter who you are.Make the most of your situation and have a little faith in other people to do proper bandit business with you. It pays off when you help people sometimes.

If you're a bandit, i think that you'll find that using your resources greatly increases your chances for survival at times. Not all the time, but more thank you may think before pulling the trigger.

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 4

Seriously, this game is Man's Inhumanity to Man.

If you play it, you should expect to have people do bad things to you, and also to expect that you'll do bad things to other people. 

And not just simulations of bad stuff, actual harm. Betrayal or murder leading to a great deal of work being wasted, someone having to start over from scratch. 

• Like 1

Bullets should be precious and weapons rare. It's a survival game with an FPS component, not the other way around. DayZ will always be brutal.

There are other games, like minecraft, if that isn't your thing. 

Stop with this rhetoric. Anyone can reply the same to you. "There are other games where KoS is a necessity, like COD/Quake/Doom/UT, whatever." Yet you think that's all that DayZ is about. Stop this nonsense.

DayZ is about man's inhumanity to man. 

Says who? YOU? I don't see anything on the DayZ web page or any of Rocket's interviews/forum posts that that's what the game is about. Stop pulling $hit out of your a$$.

Edited by jan3sobieski
  • Like 1

It is what DayZ is about, specifically what it's about. If you don't think it is then you've made a big mistake. 

It's about your inability to trust strangers, the risk/reward calculations when your survival is at stake. 

DayZ's heart and soul is "Kos" and brutality because it's a simulator of anarchy, of the state of nature, of people with nothing to protect them but their own weapons. People who have a lot to lose. 

Okay, look. If some of you want a different playstyle to be popular, then live it. 

The default is obviously "Kill everything that moves" by most. 

However, I notice this doesn't exactly make up the majority of some of the thoughts i see in this thread.

So, change it. 

You'll die a lot. I have, since changing my own playstyle. I'll say though, that it's been pretty rewarding, overall. If this were some sort of goddamned rpg, I would probably be considered lawful evil. I spent 1 year in the mod being a bandit to total fucking douchebag proportions, and the other half being the nice guy who'd take a chance. There are benefits to both. Melding the two, in my opinion, is the most rewarding. I don't tear down every person I see, or only just humiliate them, because there's more value there if you work with people sometimes. 

For example: A couple of hours ago tonight I met a noob. He was pretty carebear, so i set it up (and i'm glad I did, really). I said that if he ended up getting well enough on his way, that was it. He's out and we split ways. He had a plan to run to zelen. I told him i'd see him safely up there. We were in elecktro at the time. We approach the fire station (not the factory one, the other one) to check for gear and hear shots. We laid low for a few and then i told him to climb the ladder to the top to see if he could get himself a gun. Luckily he didn't get blown away, but he found a pistol and made it back down. I had a pistol clip and thought about it a while before giving it to him. Then I had a good idea. It was a gamble. He was a nice enough guy, so i went with it. I told him my idea and he was cool with it. I gave him the clip.

We set up to camp server hoppers because they aren't only out of control, but a great source of insta-loot. I told him that if he pulled overwatch for me while I sniped server hoppers (which appeared literally every fucking 30 seconds it seemed like) that I would make sure he would get geared up enough to do some damage. 

I gave him the clip and he was a good sport about it all. I took up my position with my mosin and LR scope and he had my back. I killed a few people in just a few minutes. Well, then another hopper logged into the same area we were in and I didn't catch it. He caught them training their gun to me and popped them in the head. If it weren't for that guy, it would have been over for me. After that, we ran up, saw another hopper, popped him, got him stocked to the nines (and myself a nice magnum and plenty of food and water) and headed out of the building. As we get out, another guy starts coming up with an m4 and hits him as he tried to take a position behind the officer box or whatever it's called. I take a shot at him to get him off of the other guy and thought i killed him, but apparently didn't. I ducked back in to reload and the other guy finished the job. I ran over and patched him up and we took off to zelen. I had to log, but I hope he did well.

This was a total stranger. I don't even know who in the hell the guy was, and i'm sure as fuck I will never meet them again. But thanks random guy! we worked well together and benefited from a situation where, if we weren't working together, shit would have probably went way south for both of us in no time.

This is just one story. I have a million in my DayZ career. I'm a bandit, and i'm fine with that. That doesn't mean I won't think twice about killing you before you ever lay eyes on me. However, that doesn't mean that I just go around fucking people up all of the time just because I can. I didn't shoot the guy because he proved he had my back. In most other situations, if there was no one left, he was next. It's automatic. Just because i'm a fuck that likes to troll doesn't mean that I'm a total asshole. Your life in this game is typically fairly short, no matter who you are.Make the most of your situation and have a little faith in other people to do proper bandit business with you. It pays off when you help people sometimes.

If you're a bandit, i think that you'll find that using your resources greatly increases your chances for survival at times. Not all the time, but more thank you may think before pulling the trigger.

KOSing server hoppers, random friendly encounter resulting in proper player interaction... have all my beans and a can opener

It is what DayZ is about, specifically what it's about. If you don't think it is then you've made a big mistake. 

It's about your inability to trust strangers, the risk/reward calculations when your survival is at stake. 

DayZ's heart and soul is "Kos" and brutality because it's a simulator of anarchy, of the state of nature, of people with nothing to protect them but their own weapons. People who have a lot to lose. 

Again, this is what YOU think the game is about. Just because you like it that way, doesn't mean it should be that way, nor that it was designed to be this way. It's how it is NOW because it's still in alpha.

• Like 1

Stop with this rhetoric. Anyone can reply the same to you. "There are other games where KoS is a necessity, like COD/Quake/Doom/UT, whatever." Yet you think that's all that DayZ is about. Stop this nonsense.

I agree with this on the notion that whomever originally stated that this is a giant social clusterfuck, is completely and utterly correct, in my opinion. It's fascinating the way it is, and you should play how you want to play, regardless of its seemingly hardcore nature. I've seen various tactics succeed in DayZ's 'ebb and flow', and it should always be that way. This is what makes the game the way it is: Awesome.

KOSing server hoppers, random friendly encounter resulting in proper player interaction... have all my beans and a can opener

Gotta work that meta bro. They arrive in droves, my friend. Just have strength in numbers, pull up a good position and it's easy as hell.

There isn't a patch out dealing with what dean wants to deal with at the moment, so there are tons of people attempting to take advantage of that. Get in on the headshots as they try. Most will log in at the top of the towers thinking it's safe. i literally didn't move my crosshairs for the first 3 victims. Moths<Flame.

I agree with this on the notion that whomever originally stated that this is a giant social clusterfuck, is completely and utterly correct, in my opinion. It's fascinating the way it is, and you should play how you want to play, regardless of its seemingly hardcore nature. I've seen various tactics succeed in DayZ's 'ebb and flow', and it should always be that way. This is what makes the game the way it is: Awesome.

I think it is what it is right now, because it's still in alpha. It doesn't mean that that's what the designer intended it to be. Adding more survival-ism, better zombie AI, more z's will definitely turn the game around. I just hate it when people blatantly announce that this is what the game is about: just KoS'ing and "deal with it because i like it that way" attitude.

• Like 1

Again, this is what YOU think the game is about. Just because you like it that way, doesn't mean it should be that way, nor that it was designed to be this way. It's how it is NOW because it's still in alpha.

It's the project of the game, has been from the start. Was in the mod. 

"a game with no rules"

The state of nature, man's inhumanity to man, risk and reward, selfishness and altruism, an amazing look at how people behave. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain

I think it is what it is right now, because it's still in alpha. It doesn't mean that that's what the designer intended it to be. Adding more survival-ism, better zombie AI, more z's will definitely turn the game around. I just hate it when people blatantly announce that this is what the game is about: just KoS'ing and "deal with it because i like it that way" attitude.

I agree with you. Everything you've mentioned, i'd love to see it happen. I think it would add more to the utterly cruel reality that it is at the moment, but hey, it is what it is. I think those are productive counter-measures. I hope they add it all! That isn't today, but I certainly like the idea of it :)

"a game with no rules"

The state of nature, man's inhumanity to man, risk and reward, selfishness and altruism, an amazing look at how people behave. 

I think this is what you WANT the game to be, We'll see if that's how it turns out in the end. 

It's the project of the game, has been from the start. Was in the mod. 

Yes, it was in the mod and we can see how that is doing. I think what ultimately is going to happen is people like you will go back to playing the mod and people who want more out of the game will stay here. Win/Win