dgeesio

are people trying to make the SA to friendly?

yeah everyones all goodie goodie, but it would be nice if weapons were a little harder to come by, well not melee weapons but make all melee weapons more relevant and make guns harder to find

• Like 1

yes making guns more rare and ammo to cut down on killing/KOS ? there are other things being mentioned aswell. is dayz slowly being turned into a mormon zombie project ?

some would love us all to hold hands and play together nicely but do the majority want that ?

some of the newer ideas /gameplay does seem to be trying to make people not kill each other .

what are your thoughts on this do you want a friendly dayz ? is dayz becoming to soft ?

They are. 30% of all topics on this forum is about KoS and how to fix it or simply a complaint post. I understand it can get out of hand, but please, let Rocket do his things, and let the game develope itself into what ever it is going to end up as!

They are. 30% of all topics on this forum is about KoS and how to fix it or simply a complaint post. I understand it can get out of hand, but please, let Rocket do his things, and let the game develope itself into what ever it is going to end up as!

Ops double post. Sorry about that

Edited by grimsonfart

some of the newer ideas /gameplay does seem to be trying to make people not kill each other .

Just curious what are these features you mention?

Once DayZ SA becomes the harsh game about survival in a world with few resources and fewer guns & ammo, you will most likely see more QQ posts from desperate KOS'er, that are unable to adapt.

It's far more easy to accuse DayZ SA of being too "carebearish" rather then adapting and making do with what you can find. Also some will most likely defend their DayZ Mod play style, where they were ruuning around with AS50 and backpack full of duped ammo (or relog as often as needed).

I am strongly for keeping the choice to kill...but it should be quite hard to get very good military stuff. Maybe the DayZ mod, which was throwing guns left and right, was one of the reasons so many players now are just KOS'er unable to do anything else.

In the end it is up to Rocket to make the game true to his original vision and I hope it will not turn into mindless team deathmatch (a bit naive I know).

• Like 2

No matter what people say, when major shit hits the fan, people don't KOS ad nauseam. (remember YOU DON'T RESPAWN IF YOUR VICTIM RETURNS FIRE AND KILLS YOU)

There is more to an apocalypse scenario than just rednecks killing each other for their guns...

Just look at any piece of fiction about zombies. Sure there are gunfights but it's not at the center of the story.

I want my DayZ experience to feel like a Romero movie. KOSers you are a subplot, at best, in the script... :rolleyes:

Edited by Fabik
  • Like 3

No matter what people say, when major shit hits the fan, people don't KOS ad nauseam. (remember YOU DON'T RESPAWN IF YOUR VICTIM RETURNS FIRE AND KILLS YOU)

There is more to an apocalypse scenario than just rednecks killing each other for their guns...

Just look at any piece of fiction about zombies. Sure there are gunfights but it's not at the center of the story.

I want my DayZ experience to feel like a Romero movie. KOSers you are a subplot, at best, in the script... :rolleyes:

To KOS'ers, it's a big part of their plot. Mutual understanding.

And that's why you pick your targets. And again... That's roleplaying, not all of us are into that. And military weapons should not be rare, at least AK-74's. PKR's etc.? Yes. There's a difference between making higher-end guns being rare, and not being added, which is what most people with your mindset seem to propose.

Edited by Ratiasu

To KOS'ers, it's a big part of their plot. Mutual understanding.

And that's why you pick your targets. And again... That's roleplaying, not all of us are into that. And military weapons should not be rare, at least AK-74's. PKR's etc.? Yes. There's a difference between making higher-end guns being rare, and not being added, which is what most people with your mindset seem to propose.

Well I don't really care about guns. I would have still played the mod if Makarov and Enfield had been the only weapons available.

But you need MUCH more than weapons to make a zombie story interesting...

• Like 2

You're one thing. A rather rare example of organization (if what you're saying is factually correct, that is). The problem, though, is that most people will just outright kill for no other reason other than the fact that you happen to be there regardless of anything else.

And what is your problem with that person i MUST ask..?

Is that person you describe somehow LESSER than us all because he/she chooses that playstyle? Is that person not playing the game right in YOUR eyes...? Is that person somehow NOT apart of our community here and excluded? Are they; how you say, "Doing it WRONG!"?

Give me a break....

Edited by Flight96

This is a game about survival and you do it anyway possible.  If having to kill someone to take what little food and water they have is a must then so be it.  Personally I don't shoot on sight.  I will try to communicate first and watch for any signs of hostility before I open fire.  Players should be the biggest threat over the zombies because we are unpredictable, well most of us are.  The zombies should definitely be a threat but it is way to easy to run through a whole town infested with them with out any worry.    Personally the only people who shoot on sight are the players who are going for this game strictly for pvp.  If you are sick of being killed on sight then use more caution.  I don't enter towns or cities running full tilt.  That's a sure way to get shot.  Scope out the area, check for zombies, if you see none chances are someone has cleared them out and could possibly be waiting for unsuspecting survivalists to come through.

Neither is there a game where you can organize your group to ......

I agree but... The problem is that why is someone telling me how I should be playing the game? People who say: "you don't want to get KoS? Stay away from Balota and hide in the north". Well, wtf, did you somehow get special permissions to tell others how to play the game when you paid for your copy? I didn't see that anywhere, so why am I forced to play the game the way you like it? Why don't YOU go North and stay the f away from me? Why am I forced to play with people like you? 

I guess the real question is why the f do most people choose to play as a mindless psychopath. Boredom or mommy issues?

My issue is with no options in this game. I say leave the game the way it is and label servers PvP. Those who enjoy KoS'ing can keep playing without anyone imposing any rules on them. But for others make the option to run servers where the host can add rules like "No PvP" and let others enjoy the game the way they want to. Everybody wins. Well, almost everybody, KoS'ers will have a lot less easy targets and will now only have to face each other. But that's good, isn't it? Unless they're scared because in reality they can only shoot at easy targets and their "meat" will no longer show up. Is that what scares them?

Edited by jan3sobieski
  • Like 2

Only the real retards want PVP removed.

What most people want is more interactive than a few trigger pulls everytime they see a player.

As of right now, all there is to do is KoS fresh spawns. I will never do that. I camp in a barracks waiting for hoppers to test my Mosin on, or snipe the Vybor mil base. 

What i want is reasons not to KoS, and less reason to do it. Right now, i might aswell play CoD. Its 24/7 Free-for-all in a chernarus rn, Theres literally no interaction at all. In the mod, is virtaully opposite rn. Especially since half the people i've seen are Christmas noobs.

Peoples reason for doing it is "Thats what would happen irl"

Thats far from true.

Irl there would be 5 or more Billion zombies to worry about. especially early on, people would be banding together. Safety in numbers.

If you tried to go around killing everyone irl you wouldn't last long. 

• Like 3

It's not just about KoSing people. You should really take your own advice on "Try to see both side of the coin". It is about the freedom we have in the game to do whatever the hell we want.

Changing the entire game which is what is suggested most of the time will result in those "KoSers" and players who just want to play a decent "non-carebear" game being forced into dealing with certain unrealistic/annoying PvE restricting elements that hinder/punish PvP. Nobody is against having PvE servers as long as it is not using the public hive.

If separate hives are implemented for PvE and Free servers, then nobody will care. I'm pretty sure some PvE servers will begin popping up when private server hives are available, so it is pretty much covered already.

It's the same the other way around as well. Walking Dead "friendlies in Cherno?" roleplayers protesting every time someone proposes to add a battle rifle or anything that isn't a gun made before 1860 is pissing in our cereal, too. Stupid propositions like safezones and even planetary rotation for making sniping harder, whilst bullet travel time and accuracy already are quite inaccurate and unrealistic already. Plus, a lot of people are saying there need to be more incentives to group up, but guess who've already got a group? Most bandits. Friendlies should simply put more effort in getting organized BEFORE they rush into the game. Like getting a clan or at least organize a group with TS using the forums or something.

We should meet somewhere in the middle, but no one is giving in even a cm.

this is the huge issue i have with the anti-KoS/pvp people. "sanity", safezones, classes, and other garbage suggested are not only stupid but gamebreaking, and ruin the core design philosophy of the game. once zombie density and ai is improved, and frankly even without that i think the benefits of grouping are simple and already in place: strength in numbers. reaching much beyond that is only an anti-KoS attempt because you don't like it, and if that's the case it's your own fault for getting involved in a full loot pvp game. i am open to non-retarded suggestions on how to create a bit more incentive to team up with people that don't rip at the fabric of the game though.

as for all the people concerned about weapon and ammo spawns being too plentiful and whatnot, as others have mentioned it seems pretty straightforward to me that this issue will sort itself out when the rest of the guns are added to the game. there will be more types of firearms and equipment able to spawn in the hotspots making it harder to find the type of weapon or ammo you need. some small tweaking either way may be required, but i don't think it's as big a deal as some make it out to be. i think availability of choppers when they're added in is a much more legitimate concern.

i don't like the idea of seperate hives for PvP and PvE as it will only split the community more and hurt the life of the game, but as pointed out by Mystogan i'm sure there will be PvE private servers anyways so if people want to dork around with that they can and they will.

oh, and to all of the "Go back to CoD" kiddies, as you're so fond of saying; how bout you take your head out of your ass. that argument is so incredibly asinine that you should probably get checked for brain damage if you're doing anything but trolling with that statement.

Edited by No Classes PLEASE
  • Like 1

I don't mind the KoS attitude right now. I usually try to communicate with a player and love the high tense atmosphere present when both players are armed and trying to come to an arrangement on how their travels will either continue or suddenly come to a permanent end due to death. I have something much worse saved up when the SA is completed. Killing someone on site will be a blessing if what I have in my mind becomes possible. I will capture, handcuff and once vehicles and boats are available bring the prisoner to a remote island, beat the crap out of him and then leave him on the island for him to either swim back or try to commit suicide. I'm guessing you will be allowed to drown yourself but if not this could be a pain for those bandits that really get on my nerves. If not, capturing an enemy ally and forcing the team to go get him on the island. The player left on the island will still be fully geared but without ammo and food/water. You force feed him to make sure he won't die too quickly and having heard gear will be hard to come by later he won't want to just commit suicide. There will be better alternatives to deal with KoS, especially once the uncounscious glitch is fixed it will be much easier to handcuff them and make them regret their KoS attitude.

This game has a lot of potential, and I can't wait for it to be somewhat to the image I have in my mind.

Am I alone in the fact that worrying about players actions and reactions is what makes this game intense for me?

PvE servers would destroy the nature of this game, and what makes it good in my opinion.

Sure, dying and losing a full kit because you were killed by someone on sight sucks a little.  But becoming a better survivor is empowering.

at the moment you need not worry about another players reaction to you... the WILL try to kill you 90% of the time, there is nothing intense about the confrontation.

I agree to no PvE / PvP servers, this game needs a balance of both aspects.

Becoming a better survivor should not be 'Hey there is another player. BAM, hes dead" there should be more to the social interactions in this game, but with that said this is an alpha so I am sure that they will attempt to at least add more reasons not to be a LOLDEATHMATCHGETWRECKEDFGGT kind of player as the game progresses.

• Like 2

As a bandit (most of the time anyway) it's my own rule that if I have a bunch of guns, I don't go to the coast for a couple of reasons.

1. - You'll likely lose all of your stuff because you WILL slip up, eventually.

2. - You have nothing to gain from newspawns. Literally, nothing.

3. - Let the noobies duke it out amongst themselves without them being completely overpowered and helpless. Be a man and hunt people more on par with the type of gear you have up north.

I usually don't KoS on the coast unless they have a gun. I'm personally finding more and more people with melee weapons that will quickly band together and single-out targets shooting guns and bring them down using stealth and numbers. I've both had it happen to me and helped others bring them down. I once was shooting at a guy in a starter town and suddenly had 4 people coming at me from all directions doing whatever they could to kill me. it worked. I've also helped someone being held up with another person and killed both armed people by using stealth and surprising them. it works. 

The coast isn't really worth it if you want to survive for long while having anything of value on you.

My point is, I am starting to see temporary alliances being formed among players, if even only for a couple of minutes to eliminate a larger threat. I've been friendly to a few folks in the game, and they've all said nearly the same thing every time "it's crazy to actually meet a nice player in DayZ". (well I can be nice, but not most of the time lol)

So i don't think they are making it friendly, it's just that, in my experience, people are starting to realize that banding together helps you survive longer. I'm alright with that.

I agree with everything you said except you can gain something from a new spawn. If you talk with them and decide they have a good head on their shoulders you can gain something even greater than the most powerful gun in the game...a smart ally.  I've created a nice little network talking to new spawns and helping the ones that don't seem like idiots, it's fun and in the end protects me later down the road.

• Like 2

Ops double post. Sorry about that

Because all the "kos" whiners just moan. They are here to moan. 

Yesterday, we met a dude at Berezino lumbermill. We spared his life, talked for a bit and let that good english gentleman go.

Some 30 minutes later, we were at Berezino hospital, when 4 or 5 group of players appeared.

We were 3 dudes (2x mosin, 1xM4) and we were expecting shit to get nasty...but it turned out, those dudes were friends of the one we let go at lumbermill, so we chatted for a bit, traded extra saline bag for worn bipod (mine was ruined) and we went about our business.

Now for some adrenaline KOS'ers, this was probably waste of good gunfight.

For me, it was tense moment, we were expecting thing go messy, but it ended up allright.

What I'm trying to say is, that if every player interaction ended up in KOS, it would be waste of game's potential.

Because all the "kos" whiners just moan. They are here to moan. 

Yeah and the likes of you are here to brutalize fresh spawns in Kamyshovo.

Whiners are the members of the same community as zealous KOS'ers.

None of these groups represents the ideal player behavior, alteast according to Rocket's vision.

Edited by Hombre
  • Like 3

^^You don't have to pull the trigger to get a roller coaster ride. 

When your friends are on teamspeak saying: "Whatdo we do, what we do?" "We kill them, huh huh?" and you know the opposite team's teamspeaking is going through the same motions, you know that there's a million things that can go wrong and that someone's resting his finger a little too heavily on his left mouse button. 

^^You don't have to pull the trigger to get a roller coaster ride. 

When your friends are on teamspeak saying: "Whatdo we do, what we do?" "We kill them, huh huh?" and you know the opposite team's teamspeaking is going through the same motions, you know that there's a million things that can go wrong and that someone's resting his finger a little too heavily on his left mouse button. 

Yeah some like that. I think that the crucial moment of this meeting was the fact, we were friendly to their lonely unarmed buddy at lumber mill. Had we KOS'ed them, things would most likely went brutal. Or maybe even if we did not meet him....who knows how things would have ended? And that's great about this game!

• Like 1

I would plead for a more hostile environment, so more zombies that are also stronger than the current batch. Ultimately, this game is about surviving in a zombie infested environment, but right now the ONLY threat are the other survivors. Zombies are only slightly dangerous if you're unarmed (even a shovel can be lethal if used correctly). I do think that PVP and survivors kiling each other (even KOS) is a part of the game, but your primary goal should be to survive the environment.

One thing I would like to see though is the aggro range of zombies either tuned down or made a bit more realistic. I sometimes get charged down by zombies who were standing on the other side of town. For pete's sake, I had time to shoulder my Mosin, blow my nose, tie my shoelaces and pull out my axe before the poor Z was close enough to get clobbered. If we're going to have a lot more zombies, we need to have a way for fresh spawns to sneak around them effectively.

I've also thought about having pvp and pve servers, but I think ultimately you're going to miss the pvp aspect. In the end, the only problem with Dayz is that there are players who get off on serial killing everyone they see. There's not much that you can do about THAT.

It's the same the other way around as well. Walking Dead "friendlies in Cherno?" roleplayers protesting every time someone proposes to add a battle rifle or anything that isn't a gun made before 1860 is pissing in our cereal, too. Stupid propositions like safezones and even planetary rotation for making sniping harder, whilst bullet travel time and accuracy already are quite inaccurate and unrealistic already. Plus, a lot of people are saying there need to be more incentives to group up, but guess who've already got a group? Most bandits. Friendlies should simply put more effort in getting organized BEFORE they rush into the game. Like getting a clan or at least organize a group with TS using the forums or something.

We should meet somewhere in the middle, but no one is giving in even a cm.

Hardcore Rper's won't get pre-made groups from TS and forum dude. That defeats the purpose of roleplaying. 

You find friendly players in game and make your band of survivors that way.  

Edited by Jeansie

TBH, i don't care friendly or nor but i'd like to see more interaction between players. Mostly i just see running people away from you or kill you at sight if they're armed. And it's easy to understand why is that a common sight. People with guns wants to achieve something and the killing others mostly one thing to do and the runners are basicly so afraid to interact with people somehow. They're the most annoying type imo. :D

What i understand from "friendly" is something needs to discovered in game by making bonds with trusted companions and letting it to develop by time backing up each other. For the neutral players who communicates me i just reply back and talk and try to trade if i need or they need anything but "friend" mechanism works for me the same way just like in RL.

When the game become more complex and zombies and environment become hostile to players imo there'll be more interaction between players, less KoS (not a huge deal if you play with friends) and as a result even better gaming experience. The point is presenting to players more group or social oriented achievements and gameplay structure. Rest of it is up the very gamer themselves. 

• Like 2